Type keyword(s) to search

Erin and Chad: Fifty Shades of Pink

• Start Topic

According to Erin, she and Chad "are not affiliated with the ministry or Mr. Gothard in any way at all, nor do we support." 

This was on the Duggar Family News: Life is not all pickles and hairspray Facebook page. It was a screenshot of either a Facebook page or Erin and Chad's instagram, I couldn't tell. I went on their instagram and I could not see the pic that was posted. 

Anyway, a woman posted to Erin's picture, " You have a beautiful family. If you and your husband ever want out of the ATI- lifestyle, there's many of us willing to lend you a hand."

I find this really interesting, considering that people have said that Gothard was at her wedding. I wonder what her parents think. 

I wonder if she is lying?

Edited by Suzy123

Erin may not be actively involved with IBLP, but she and Chad are still living the Gothard lifestyle. She's in her second trimester of pregnancy and her first kid isn't even a year old yet. They haven't strayed too far from the flock.

• Love 6

I know they want to leave how many pregnancies they have up to God, but even if it can kill you? Is birth control really a sin even when it might save your life?

I find their carelessness really infuriating because it's just stupid.

But is her situation life threatening?  I thought the issue was that she was unable to carry to full term without help (medication).  Is it a threat to your life if you miscarry a lot? (honestly just asking)

But is her situation life threatening? I thought the issue was that she was unable to carry to full term without help (medication). Is it a threat to your life if you miscarry a lot? (honestly just asking)

I'm not sure. I know the shots Erin has to take during pregnancy come with side effects. I also recall it being mentioned that there was a high risk of miscarriage and stillbirth right up until delivery. I don't know whether the greater overall risk was to Erin or the baby, but either way, getting pregnant so quickly probably wasn't the smartest move. Edited by BitterApple

I have a similar condition to Erin's and was on the same medication. There were no getting pregnant restrictions, just that if I became pregnant to get in immediately in order to get the blood thinner Rx.

• Love 2

Oh sure both Erin and Lawson are all about telling how they have nothing to do with ATI/IBLP but their father is on the board, Erin's husband's dad in the appointed doc, and if you are a board member you are involved.  I think they doth protest too much.  And their parents should stop speaking at ATI events, they should not be going to Big Sandy, and should be up in arms about the disgrace Bill Gothard brought to the organization and way the victims were treated.  To simply deny now that they are affiliated is bizarre.

• Love 2

I'd bet that Erin & Chad simply just aren't using any kind of BC and that's why she got pg so fast BUT I do know someone who has kids about 15 months apart and was regularly and correctly using a reliable form of BC between the 1st and 2nd. Sometimes our best efforts don't work in that department. So it's just barely possible that was the case for E&C. I doubt they were using anything hormonal but NFP can be very effective when used correctly. And yet there is always that margin of error.

I wish a successful pregnancy, labor & delivery for her and I hope that they take and follow any good solid medical advice about future pregnancies.

• Love 1

I haven't been following the family much sinc OnDemand now charges to see old episodes, so I had no idea Erin and Chad were expecting again. Congrats to them. Given how much Erin seemed very much taken aback by how painful childbirth is and how much she dreaded the daily shots, I assumed they'd wait a couple of years before trying again.

Now Lawson is saying that he doesn't support Gothard or his ministry.

No, Lawson just threw Gothard under the bus by saying he wasn't affiliated with ATI/IBLP any longer. He went on to say people can disappoint you, but God never can. He makes it clear that his core family, which he has to follow until he's married, still follows those organizations, which remain Gothard teachings. Trust me, Lawson will be at Big Sandy with the rest of his unmarried siblings.

• Love 1

But is her situation life threatening?  I thought the issue was that she was unable to carry to full term without help (medication).  Is it a threat to your life if you miscarry a lot? (honestly just asking)

Not sure what the condition is called. Since it involves the blood clotting & she has to give herself Heparin shots (think that's what she gets), I would consider the condition very serious and possibly life threatening. I had to take blood thinners for 6 months last year for a blood clot & a simple cut would cause a lot of bleeding. I don't know how this works with pregnancy, but I would have thought she would have given her body much more time to recover not only from child birth, but being on the blood thinner.

• Love 1

Kelly also confirmed yesterday on the Bates' Instagram that Erin is enduring the heparin shots again. IF she goes term, her kids are only 15 months apart. She can't keep doing this to her body. :(

As near as I can tell, she is due early-mid July, but if she goes early, as she did with Carson (36 weeks), she could deliver BEFORE Whitney, who is due 6/25.

• Love 1

Gotta say I'm a little disappointed in Erin and Chad. Yes I know they are cut from the same fundie cloth, so they weren't just going to be one and done. But when you've put your body thru multiple miscarriages, heparin shots, and labor and delivery, why do it again 15 months later?? Especially when  you are barely 25 yrs old and have plenty of time left to have another child or two. As for it being an accident -- well what did they think would happen when 2 healthy people in their mid 20s were having regular unprotected sex. I thought they were "smarter" than the rest and would try to prevent or delay another pregnancy, if only to let Erin's body recover. I will be totally impressed if after this one they said -- Erin's body has gone thru a lot, we have our boy and girl, our family is complete. But who am I kidding. I can't see them making permanent decisions re a V or getting tubes tied.

• Love 6

I think time will tell. I like Erin, but she also strikes me as a little princessy and vain. I don't know if she really wants to blow her ab muscles to shit birthing an army for Christ. Having two kids back to back is going to take its toll on her energy as it is. Given that Erin has a medical condition, I can't imagine she'd receive too much flak if she decided to shut the baby factory down.

• Love 2

Erin strikes me as a little princessy too. Either that or very sheltered. She got her dream courtship, her dream

wedding, she didn't have to move away from her family. The first real thing she had to deal with was the

miscarriages. That had to be really hard, and I really thought she'd grow more having experienced that

and finally being able to have a healthy pregnancy. That after all of that including her pregnancy with

Carson which she had stated would still be difficult through the entire pregnancy, she had to take

shots and there were still risks that it could go wrong, that after all that she'd just be so happy

to have her baby that she wouldn't think about having another kid for awhile. Just be so happy

to have one healthy baby and experience all of his firsts. Instead turning around and taking

the big risk once again.

• Love 2

Since she had a scheduled induction, slated for the 36 week mark (which she hit), I'm guessing long. Doctors don't induce on Friday nights.

It's also possible she went into labor on her own, but the timing leads me to lean towards an induction on Friday.

Some leg-humper on Instagram gushed about seeing Erin, Chad, and the babies at church last Sunday.  Wow.  I know it isn't cold and flu season, but I still question the wisdom of bringing a one week old baby to church.  

• Love 1
18 hours ago, IndianPaintbrush said:

Erin and Chad have a new website.  Welcome page says "we're a small family that loves making big memories."  Hopefully they plan to stay a small family!  I love that they used the term "Cherin." 

I really really really wish they had gone with Fifty Shades of Pink as their website name. God that gives me a chuckle every time I see it! (Followed closely by the Sister Wives forum "Robin Brown: The Dark Wife Rises".)

• Love 6
Spoiler

I don't believe Chad is a bum.  Chad works full time and he does the furniture stuff on the side.

No hidden content.  Don't know how it got there nor how to get rid of it :(

Edited by iluvobx
58 minutes ago, iluvobx said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I don't believe Chad is a bum.  Chad works full time and he does the furniture stuff on the side.

No hidden content.  Don't know how it got there nor how to get rid of it :(

She was being facetious, lol.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, sheshark said:

Just heard they are having twins.

Saw Lawson saying it on the preview for next season. Was he joking? Why would they give away such a big storyline? Any idea if it's been said anywhere else?? And if it's remotely true - omg is this a good idea for Erin??

I haven't seen the season preview, but Lawson may have been joking about Chad and Erin bringing in two baby goats.

The news probably would have gotten out by now if she was pregnant with twins since the show tapes a few months ahead and she was at Tabitha's wedding a month ago. At least I hope they're spacing out the kids longer this time.

Erin is in yet another "maternity friendly" dress on the Bates Sisters Boutique. They seem to go through inventory fast at Bates Sisters Boutique. Anyway this is the third "maternity friendly dress" she's wearing in their on-line store. The three dresses are called The Macy (black), The Sarah, and The Paige and all of them are maternity friendly. Two of them claim to also be nursing friendly, although I can't see how the Paige is nursing friendly.  

I think she's pregnant. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3