Type keyword(s) to search

Meet the Parents: Gil and Kelly Jo Bates

• Start Topic

Seems to have been an active Bates summer thus far.

KJ is wearing a boot. Apparently a pickleball injury. Zack has a broken thumb and one of the grandkids has an arm in a cast.

• Mind Blown 3
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 1
4 minutes ago, floridamom said:

Is there a photo of her recently? If so, can it be posted here? Thank you.

These are the most recent that I’ve seen.

IMG_7347.jpeg

IMG_7348.jpeg

The first one is a screenshot from a video.

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Anyone else think KJ may be using Ozempic?

I think so. She dropped a ton of weight out of nowhere after years of struggling to stick to a diet. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 1

It wouldn't surprise me if she is.  But didn't she also have some surgery not too long ago, a throat issue maybe?  Perhaps that helped too.  

• Like 2

By Kelly's own admission, she drinks a ton of sweet tea every day, etc. Perhaps the Ozempic is needed for diabetes or near risk for it if, indeed she is taking it. Yes, she did drop a ton of weight. Better for her health overall.

• Like 2

Do you think it's possible she dropped the sugar sweetened tea?  That would seem to be her first step toward a healthier life..

• Like 5
(edited)
53 minutes ago, Absolom said:

Do you think it's possible she dropped the sugar sweetened tea?  That would seem to be her first step toward a healthier life..

I think 30+ years of bad diet and pregnancies caused a ton of health issues for Kelly in middle age. The Ozempic may have been medically necessary if she was diabetic, and she may have overhauled her eating habits because she had no choice. It seems unlikely a menopausal woman with Kelly's body type could shed that much weight so fast off diet alone, which is why I think she had some help. FWIW, I don't say this in a judge-y way, I'm just guessing the most likely scenario. 

Edited by BitterApple
  • Like 6
  • Useful 1

I wonder if they finally have some sort of medical insurance. Those GLP-1 drugs are not cheap. And they have lots of side effects. 
My husband’s endocrinologist recently wrote him a prescription for another brand of GLP-1 for his type 2 diabetes. He has been trying it for almost 3 months and he has to stop. His appetite has decreased but he has tons of digestive issues and he has to get up in the middle of the night to eat because his blood sugar plummets. Not for him. I’m sure he’s not the only one with issues. 

• Like 3
  • Hugs 2
  • Useful 3

I had the very same thought.  I have insurance, but the cost of some of those medicines, like Ozempic, Jardiance, mounjaro, and wegovy, are crazy expensive. I’m diabetic. I can’t see Kelly paying that. Maybe she is on a food plan, and got off sugary drinks like sweet tea and soda. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
16 minutes ago, zenme said:

I had the very same thought.  I have insurance, but the cost of some of those medicines, like Ozempic, Jardiance, mounjaro, and wegovy, are crazy expensive. I’m diabetic. I can’t see Kelly paying that. Maybe she is on a food plan, and got off sugary drinks like sweet tea and soda. 

Honestly dropping sugary drinks really helps. About 15 years ago I stopped drinking sodas, sweetened iced tea and juice. I dropped 15 lbs in a short amount of time.

• Like 5
  • Useful 1

She was always carrying around a Sonic cup w/something in it. I remember one time they went on a car trip and she had gotten 2-3 from the drive thru for herself. 

• Like 2
20 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

Honestly dropping sugary drinks really helps. About 15 years ago I stopped drinking sodas, sweetened iced tea and juice. I dropped 15 lbs in a short amount of time.

Same here. Just with the switch from regular to diet soda I dropped 10.  It looks like maybe she’s eating better and maybe walking or something. Maybe she’s gone keto! I’m really beginning to see the resemblance between her and Tori. 
Hopefully Gil can get on board. 

• Like 2

I can see KJ paying for Ozempic. She did LASIK before one kid got married. I can't remember which one.

But I also wonder if she has Barrett's disease. I'm thinking Ozempic might make it worse if she has any of the side effects. 

• Like 3
7 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Quite the birthday post to Lawson:

IMG_7394.jpeg

IMG_7395.jpeg

One of the pictures:

IMG_7396.jpeg

What Lawson is she talking about? Wise? Yeah, right. A thinker? No. A planner? A Studier? Who is that?

The only one that was correct was life of the party. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 6
(edited)
7 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Can we assume Willy didn't arrive on Lawson's birthday?

I think he was born last weekend. Gil and Kelly weren't at the cash and carry. And Tiff may have slipped up in an Insta comment regarding Erin's reaction to the name William. 

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Useful 4
2 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I think he was born last weekend. Gil and Kelly weren't at the cash and carry. And Riff may have slipped up in an Insta comment regarding Erin's reaction to the name William. 

Who is Riff? And what was the comment?

(edited)
50 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

what was the comment?

This was a reply by Tiffany to a comment.

“Yes! William is also Erin's son's name, but it's also Lawson's legal name too! Before we both had our William's we talked about it and were so excited to name our babies! Erin is one of my closest sister in laws and we are so excited”

Edited by ginger90
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • LOL 1

Kelly had the same top on when she visited baby William, which got me thinking: did Josie not pop in to see Lawson? All of her recent posts have been from the game and her AirBnB. Neither she nor Lawson/Tiffany posted any pictures, so I'm guessing no.

This makes me feel bad for Tiffany yet again. She's a new mom who had a rough postpartum recovery. It would've been awfully nice of Josie and Lydia to invite her over to their rental house so she could enjoy the pool and have some girl time. In fairness maybe they did and there will be a flurry of pictures today, but everyone always seems to leave Tiffany out. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 1