Type keyword(s) to search

Memorable Products: As Seen on Shark Tank

yeswedo
  • Start Topic

Great update on Cup Board Pro!   Williams-Sonoma is going to be a great partner for them, and the redesign cut the weight by two-thirds (I think they said the weight was that much less), and from what I read, you don't have to use oil on this board.    I hope there is a huge inventory, because if 100,000 people wanted these the last time, I'm sure the demand will be the same or more.  

On 5/5/2019 at 10:43 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

Great update on Cup Board Pro!   Williams-Sonoma is going to be a great partner for them, and the redesign cut the weight by two-thirds (I think they said the weight was that much less), and from what I read, you don't have to use oil on this board.    I hope there is a huge inventory, because if 100,000 people wanted these the last time, I'm sure the demand will be the same or more.  

I'm guessing the price point went up by 75% once Williams Sonoma got involved. I remember getting a $100 gift card for WS one time and I had a hell of a time finding anything in that catalog that the gift card alone could cover.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 1/3/2019 at 8:12 AM, CrazyInAlabama said:

I bought several packs of the Scrub Daddy, and love them.      I also bought two of the Cup Board Pro, right before they were on TV.   I kept one, sent one to a friend, and we both love ours.    I also just bought the Spatty Daddy and Junior set, to get smaller bottles clean, and they work very well for that too.  

Love the Spatty Daddy too. I snickered when I first saw it on Shark Tank but found it at Bed Bath and Beyond when I needed to use up a store credit. I use it everyday to put on face cream. 

Like the Scrub Daddy products too but they do not seem to last as long as they did in the beginning. 

Purchased a few Squatty Pottys for gag gifts.

S11E12:  Ka-Pop (ancient grain-sorghum-popped chips)

I can report that these are very good, but you should stay away from the rosemary-garlic flavor unless you REALLY like garlic (I do, and threw a few into my vegetable tortellini soup).

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Ordered my Cup Board Pro from William Sonoma on Jan. 29th. Estimated delivery was Feb. 24th. Now it says Jun. 15th?!

While it was a nice story and everything I really wish the kids got a deal that didn't involve the Sharks giving away their profits to charity. This product is a slam dunk and they are still having trouble fulfilling orders?  As Mark Cuban likes to say, "They need skin in the game."

The food was as expected. Lobster cooked perfectly, stuffed into a nicely buttered toasted roll. No complaints. 

But what was impressive was the power of Shark Tank. For the first seven hours the truck was at my quiet little brewery, the line was INSANE. People came from all over the place to get an $18 sandwich. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

I might have to consider getting a squatty potty, so am appreciative of your review.  Does it take a lot of space or is it awkward to get around?

It scoots under the bowl for the most part so if you’re just peeing it won’t get in the way. I’m pretty emotionally attached to mine. 

• Love 1

In these desperate times, I remembered the CreaClip*, the plastic guide for cutting your hair at home. I'd been planning to go to the salon before everything closed here in NY, but long story short, I didn't get around to it. For $44.99+$5.95 shipping, I got the set with the original, a mini one (which I will totally start using to cut my kids' hair, especially one's bangs), and a pair of scissors. I'll report back if/when I'm brave enough to use it! I usually wear my hair pulled back in a ponytail anyway, so here's hoping I don't screw it up too badly! And as everyone keeps saying, who's going to see me in the next couple months anyway?

*I did not remember the actual name, but googling "Shark Tank hair cutter" led me to exactly what I wanted.

• Love 2
(edited)

I’ve bought Pipcorn in the truffle and it’s great. More coming this week. I really came here to post about the Spatty. Since I am working from home I am making lunches as I go and was looking forlornly into the lower half of a peanut butter jar. I usually use the Spatty for beauty products but after a thorough washing it made an excellent peanut butter spatula.

Edited by Quickbeam
Typo
  • Love 2
(edited)
On 4/2/2020 at 3:16 PM, augmentedfourth said:

In these desperate times, I remembered the CreaClip*, the plastic guide for cutting your hair at home. I'd been planning to go to the salon before everything closed here in NY, but long story short, I didn't get around to it. For $44.99+$5.95 shipping, I got the set with the original, a mini one (which I will totally start using to cut my kids' hair, especially one's bangs), and a pair of scissors. I'll report back if/when I'm brave enough to use it! I usually wear my hair pulled back in a ponytail anyway, so here's hoping I don't screw it up too badly! And as everyone keeps saying, who's going to see me in the next couple months anyway?

There's a hairdresser named Brad Mondo, who has a Youtube video talking about the Creaclip.   He says he knows the inventor, and it's really entertaining.    Just remember the secret to doing your own hair at home is it's better to take a little off at a time.    You can always cut a little more, but you can't fix it if you cut too much.  

I keep getting Creaclip adds on this page, and a few others too.   I hope this means that people will buy it, because I really liked the woman's story, and the device seems to work. 

Someone at Walmart says we've moved past the Toilet paper hoarding stage, the flour and yeast stage, and have now moved into the hair color, and hair clippers stage.      

Edited by CrazyInAlabama

Now that beauty salons are on indefinite hiatus, I’ve had to wear my naturally curly (al right, kinky/frizzy) hair As God intended for the first time in years (I usually have a professional blow it straight). After seeing them on Shark Tank, I ordered a sample size 4-step kit (in lavender) from CurlMix - and I am BLOWN AWAY by the results. The process does require patience (but what part of curly hair doesn’t?), but it’s incredibly simple. My curls are defined, my hair is touchable (not overly crunchy or greasy from product), and as long as I sleep in a satin beanie, the curls stay for up to a week as promised. I literally have enough hair for three people and the sample kit will get me through three washes, but I ordered a full kit after the first one because I plan on using this often even after salons reopen their doors. It seems a little pricey at first glance, but when I factor in the variety of products I’d use normally and the trip to the salon, it’s actually a much better deal. I highly recommend CurlMix!

• Love 1
(edited)

I was just thinking of the Shark Tank products I've used.   I love Scrub Daddy, and I'm so glad I bought a few sets before the prices went up.   A tip, when it gets really cold here, once a year or so, I like to leave the kitchen tap dripping.   But the drip noise on a steel sink is very noisy, so I stack 3 Scrub Daddys, and line up the "eyes" so the drip hits the solid part of the bottom one, and the two above it help dampen the noise. 

I tried the Bagel Stuffins, or Bantam Bagels, in three flavors.   I didn't like any of them.   (I've bought the bagels, and the Brazilian bread bites at Target.   For some reason they seem to carry a lot of unique items). 

The Brazilian bread bites were very tasty.    

I have a Creaclip, and really love it for my bangs.   I'm not sure I'll use the curved, larger size.   I wish they had a straight edge, but larger one like the bang trimmer.    

Splatty (the little spatulas) work great.  I love them for cleaning out squeeze bottles.   

I love the Cup Board Pro, the original heavy version, and the second version. 

I bought some of the Safety Nailers, and I love them too. 

I had the Sleep Stylers, and they worked, but a visiting friend "borrowed" them (or should I say former friend).

I tried the Cookie Dough Cafe (raw dough, but safe to eat) and liked it, but I don't see it at my store any longer. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 4

We ordered the Pizza Cupcake, promptly forgot about it and it came two days ago. It tasted like an Uno's pizza, a deep-dish type pizza. The crust reminded me of Uno's, but it was good quality cheese. My husband and I enjoyed it, as it tasted like the pizzas of his childhood, but my kids didn't.

I'm not sure it was worth all that money, but it was a pandemic buy, and not the worst one we've ever made.

• Love 3
On 4/3/2021 at 6:29 AM, Eolivet said:

We ordered the Pizza Cupcake, promptly forgot about it and it came two days ago. It tasted like an Uno's pizza, a deep-dish type pizza. The crust reminded me of Uno's, but it was good quality cheese. My husband and I enjoyed it, as it tasted like the pizzas of his childhood, but my kids didn't.

I'm not sure it was worth all that money, but it was a pandemic buy, and not the worst one we've ever made.

I’m currently pretty obsessed with them. The cheese quality is amazing. 

• Love 2
(edited)

I still love the Crea Clip device to trim my bangs.   However, my hairdresser doesn't like it .   However during the six months between January, and July 2020, when I didn't want to risk the hairdresser, and they were closed for two months here anyway, it was the only thing that made me feel like I still looked OK.        I like to get the clips direct from the company, they often have specials.  

I bought some of the Bantam Bagels (Target carries a lot of Shark Tank foods), and didn't like (I had the plain ones with cream cheese, and the veggie cream cheese center) either flavor.     

However, my grocery store (Publix) and Target both have the Brazilian Brazi Bites bread, and I liked them.   I bought the cheese flavored ones, and they were very tasty. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 1

I bought a CreaClip back before it was on Shark Tank!  I found it through Youtube videos back then.  I still use the small one to do my bangs.  Back when my hair was longer, I used the bigger one to trim the ends.  

On 2/26/2020 at 4:58 PM, seacliffsal said:

I appreciate your review of the lobster roll.  Now, I'll have to figure out how to find/get to one of their trucks...

Go to the Miracle Mile mall in Las Vegas. They have a stationary location there, and I have never seen a line (or even a single person patronizing it). I don't eat shellfish, so I can't vouch for the quality.

When a new supermarket opened down the block from me, in Las Vegas, they had a few specialty counter service food offerings. One was fancy cookies, the other was Cousins Maine Lobster. Neither one lasted a year. I would have tried the lobster but it was ridiculously priced. Never saw anyone buying when I was there either. Now they are store run Mexican and Pizza that do a brisk business. There are still a few of the food trucks because I've seen them around town. 

Has anyone actually used a Scrub Daddy?

I love Scrub Daddy, and I was lucky enough to buy three rolls in the early days when they were much cheaper than they are now.     I live very far South, but at least one or two days a year it's cold enough that I worry about the kitchen sink pipes freezing (I don't know that they could, but I'm not taking chances).    So I stack three of the Scrub Daddy sponges on top of each other, the top two have the 'eyes' lined up, so the dripping tap water goes inside the stack, and doesn't splatter, and the bottom sponge is turned a little so water hits it, and I don't get that annoying drip sound in the metal sink. 

• Love 1
On 10/28/2021 at 2:32 PM, CrazyTrain said:

Scrub Daddy is all we use for dishes. They last for a long time and can be thrown in the dishwasher if they need to be cleaned. 

I bought some Scrub Daddy sponges, too, and I really like them. They totally hold up. 

I bought some Scrub Daddy sponges from QVC. Not impressed. I gave one to my friend, and she felt the same way. We both stick them somewhere in the kitchen for the cuteness.    😆

I used mine maybe 5 times, no heavy scrub. The yellow plastic crumbs came out every time and drove me crazy. 

• Love 1

THe worst thing about this show is there really aren't many Memorable Products. only thing I bought is Bottle Bright which cleans out water bottles and thermoses. It's actually very good. If they had beef ribs I would have ordered from the NFL Players barbecue place. Oh yeah, almost for got thats how memorable it was. I ordered the Table 87 Pizza by mail order and while it was pretty good it wasn't worth the price they charge.

I can’t remember the actual name of the product, I think it was the “Bug Bite Ting” but the mosquito saliva extractor really works. I got it over the summer and it took the itch away and it’s painless so it’s good for kids too. 

• Love 2
On 3/1/2018 at 1:42 PM, SnarkyTart said:

So cool.  The entrepreneur was asking the sharks for $700,000 for 10% equity in his company.  The sharks in the episode were Lori, Mark, Kevin and Robert.  They could probably have talked him up from the 10%; but, even at 10%, they would have had a 43% return on their investment, and with their contacts it probably wouldn't have taken amazon 4+ years to close their billion dollar buyout.  Not bad. :-D

10% of $1B is $100 million which is quite a bit more than a 43% ROI.

I not only use Stealth Bros and Co thanks to their appearance on Shark Tank, but I've convinced a few buddies to pick up the dopp kits too. The Jr Dopp is really well-built and holds a lot of supplies (whatever you need, not just hormones/injectables).

• Love 1