Type keyword(s) to search

Memorable Products: As Seen on Shark Tank

yeswedo
  • Start Topic

I tried out my 10” Frywall tonight, and I LOVE IT!! No grease splatters anywhere except inside the cone. It fit easily into my frying pan, stood up on it’s own, didn’t need any support. I had no problem flipping our steaks. I’m glad I got both sizes as my other favorite frying pan is larger.

7F936E68-7CDF-4C6F-8F69-F3893D74FA3A.jpeg

166E5A8E-2115-4F51-B052-433C029074A0.jpeg

• Love 1

Scrub Daddy was my best Shark Tank purchase. I haven't bought one recently but the only issue I had with it is that it didn't last long enough. I also bought the Simply Fit board a couple years back and that was a horrible purchase. I still want to try Wicked Good Cupcakes.

On 1/10/2015 at 7:34 AM, mjc570 said:

I really like the Alaskan glacial mud. I have to admit I really was impressed by the young woman and her story. I was surprised she didn't get a deal.

I really want to try this product. I've heard great things about it.

My update on the Frywall:  I didn't like it at all originally, but now that I've found the proper size pan to use it with (a 13" one, with the smallest Frywall), it does work well.  It contains the spatter (turkey burgers tonight), is easy to clean and store.  In fact, the way it can be rolled up is why I got it. 

Those doughnuts from the doughnut bar (s9e20, 1/28/18) looked so amazing that I paused the program, and ordered a variety pack.  I'm so glad they're "healthy" so we can eat them, ha ha.  I told myself that without the topping, they're probably not bad.  Yeah, I know. 

On 23/01/2018 at 2:06 PM, ilovetvshows2018 said:

my best purchase has been mission belt. they are good and durable.

I bought Mission belts Christmas 2016 for my husband,  dad, and son. They've been great. A pin fell out of the buckle of one of my husband's belt's and when I contacted them, they happily mailed a replacement buckle once I sent them proof of purchase from Amazon.  Good customer service too.

Bought my husband (a poor sleeper) a Dream Pad pillow for Christmas.  He seemed to like it and I felt like he was sleeping better and more continuously.  The biggest problem is that it's a bit of a hassle to plug the phone/device into it and make sure that device is charged for every night.  We tried the bluetooth adapter, but that has to be charged between uses as well and doesn't last very long (can't play all night anyway).  For a while we used an older cell phone and just kept it plugged into both the power and the pillow which worked well until the battery went bad (swelled up and broke the phone, probably from being charged continuously).  So he hasn't been using the  actual audio functionality lately.  I wish he would, though, since I do feel like he tended to sleep better with it.

I have had a pair of the Gunnar glasses (glasses for computer use or other "screen" use) for several years now and really like them.  I was excited to see a company I already knew on the show! 

I never use my Scrub Daddy.  Just doesn't do it for me, I guess...

We still have the original bag of Brazi Bites we bought sitting in the freezer and can't seem to use them up.  It's not like they are bad, they just aren't really great, and nobody seems to want more than 1 or 2 of them.

• Love 2

My first shark tank purchase ever (and I’ve been watching a long time) the egg decorator just arrived. I’m waiting to give it to my daughter closer to Easter, out of everything I’ve seen on this show who’d thought it would be an Easter egg decorator that would make me get out the AMEX?! 

• Love 1

Brazi Bites have been at costco for awhile now. They were really good they day they were sampling them months ago... but we haven't actually bought any... so make of that what you will.

Edited by roctavia
  • Love 1

I'm always looking for low-calorie, but not artificially sweetened drinks (I drink a lot of flavored seltzer water), so my husband brought me home SAP! seltzer. It ... tastes remarkably similar to flavored seltzer, with a slight maple aftertaste. I liked it the more I drank it, but what I didn't like was it was just as sweet as the flavored seltzer (I like Poland Spring) I had earlier in the day, but this had 40 calories (vs the 0 calorie flavored seltzer). It's also incredibly expensive ($6.99 for 4 cans). I'm glad I tried it, but it will likely be a one-time-only purchase.

I'd like to try the heart of palm pasta (I've never even heard of heart of palm, much less a pasta made of it), especially if they send a chef to prepare it. 

Update:  Still waiting for my order from  the doughnut bar./

18 hours ago, retrograde said:

Amazon just paid $1B for DoorBot (now called Ring), which failed to get a deal on season 5. 

So cool.  The entrepreneur was asking the sharks for $700,000 for 10% equity in his company.  The sharks in the episode were Lori, Mark, Kevin and Robert.  They could probably have talked him up from the 10%; but, even at 10%, they would have had a 43% return on their investment, and with their contacts it probably wouldn't have taken amazon 4+ years to close their billion dollar buyout.  Not bad. :-D

• Love 1

Used the Easter egg decorator and love it. My daughter is 6 and it is so easy to use she got it right away. He friend was here and did a few eggs and took them home her mother then texted me how cute they were and wanted to know how we did it. I’m totally going to get a Christmas ornament one. 

• Love 1

I finally got my protein doughnuts from the Doughnut Bar - wonderful, well worth the wait.  I like them plain - since they're low in sugar and salt, and are baked, they are kind of bagel-ish.  The added protein makes them very filling - I have one for breakfast and that's plenty to satisfy me until lunch.  The glazes and toppings are delicious, but since they are high in fat and sugar, I usually use one container of glaze for 2 or 3 doughnuts.  To be completely honest here, my  husband dislikes the plain doughnuts (maybe if he didn't have "doughnut" expectations, he would like them better), but does like them dressed up.  I can't wait for my next shipment, I ordered enough to keep a nice supply in the freezer.  The only problem is the long lag in shipment.

• Love 1

Hello everyone, I just wanted to comment on a couple of products I saw on Shark Tank that I really like. The first is the Frywall. I was never going to get one because I thought they were too expensive, but then I saw them on Amazon for 24 dollars. I have to say, it made a huge difference, and I liked the 12 inch one so much I got a 10 inch for use with my cast iron skillet (after searing some steaks which made a huge mess on the stove). Great product, easy to clean and store, and not hard to use. Love it.

The second product is one that did not get a deal, the Bed Jet. The guy was kind of obnoxious on the show, Lori got mad at him, and he really just seemed like kind of a jerk. However, I have a terrible problem sleeping due to night sweats. I was keeping the A/C on 65 and freezing my family, while still waking up terribly hot. So I looked into this thing, which was just so expensive. I thought though, if it fixed my issue it would be worth it. I saw that the owner of the company, who had been on Shark Tank, personally addressed every review on Amazon that was less than 3 stars. Finally, when tax season came around, my refund was magically the same price that the company was selling the Bed Jet for (on sale). So I took the plunge and got one. My husband said, don't bother with the dual version for the king size bed (795 as opposed to 300). But the king size dual version came with the air comforter sheet, which kind of blows the air into your bedding uniformly, and that is 100 more dollars in and of itself. So I got it. And I love that thing so much. I haven't woken up hot in weeks. My husband, surprisingly, loves it too, for the heat function. So does my 11 year old, who is now begging for one (which she isn't getting lol). I just wanted to say how much I love it, and since Amazon won't let me write a review for it since I bought it directly from the Bed Jet site (where they were having a sale and had the 60 day return policy, which is only 30 days if you buy from Amazon), I wanted to just put it here. I knew within a week I didn't need the 60 days to decide I was keeping it. I even bought another air comforter to have as a spare when the other is in the laundry. Truly, it is an awesome product. Very quiet, very efficient. And now I keep the air at a balmy 72 at night, which is cool enough to keep me from getting too hot with the Bed Jet running, and not so cold everyone else is miserable. So I'm sure it will save on my power bills too. Totally worth it!

The only thing about it I don't like is the hoses on the sides, but eventually I'll find a floor length bedspread to hide them. But I'll take the slight eyesore for being able to sleep at night. It is so awesome.

Anyway, just wanted to put this out there, in case anyone thinks it might help them. It has really changed my life and I look forward to sleeping in comfort every night (and the heat works great too-- you can set it to run the heat just long enough to warm up, and then change to the cool air later when the night sweats normally attack).

• Love 9

I’m watching an old episode and the guy who owns Pure Ayre is about the dumbest person I’ve ever seen on the show. He stands there with his mouth open in disbelief when they tell him what a horrible salesman he is. He goes out to call his wife and ask her what to do, and he’s almost in tears. Daymond and Kevin offered to buy his company and give him a 7% royalty. Robert jumped in and I think the final total was around quarter of a million, with the royalty for the guy for the rest of his life. He turned them down. LOL

Edited by cooksdelight
  • Love 1

Last week, I saw the episode with the husband/wife team with the frozen yogurt treat for dogs, The Bear & The Rat Cool Treats for Dogs.  They didn't get a deal, but I checked and they are still around, and found it available in one of the grocery stores my girlfriend frequents.  Heading over to her place, I stopped to pick up a couple of things, and picked up a 4-pack of the bacon & peanut butter flavor for her Australian Shepherd.  It's all healthy, natural stuff, and I let her try one.  Well, this stuff is doggie crack for Denali!  She absolutely loves it.  She picks up the cup and carries it into the living room with us, then dives in nose first and doesn't stop until it's gone.

JM_2018_09_02_Denali_001-L.jpg

• Love 9

SuperCoffee is sold at my local Whole Foods (with a big sign saying as seen on shark tank) and I've bought it several times. I prefer Starbucks frappucinos, but these are a good on the go option if I have an early meeting or otherwise need caffeine.

I talked about trying the dessert hummus quite a while ago. I bought it a few more times, but I haven't been able to find it for several months in the stores that used to carry it. I can only assume it wasn't selling well. I liked it the more I ate it, and it sure had fewer calories and healthier ingredients than the cookie & cocoa swirl spread/crack cocaine at Trader Joe's.?

• Love 1

I liked the vanilla bean the best, oddly enough. I usually don't eat anything but all chocolate, all the time. My stores carry the Boar's Head chocolate hummus. I tried it once and was just meh about it. I should try again.

About the 911 cutting board on S10E3:
Sympathetic story aside, I'm not sure that such a heavy board is for me.  I stopped using my really nice, large cutting board several years ago, and now use a small cheese board - with a handle, since I'm not chopping or prepping large quantities of food at a time..  That makes it easy to lift and tilt to release whatever is on the board. It's cheap, so I run it  through the dishwasher, and spray with bleach/cleaner until it gets warped and then I buy another.

• Love 2

I love Scrub Daddy and have been using them for a few years now.  I could have sworn that when they were first launched, one of the claims was that they lasted for a super long time.  They seriously don't.  Maybe a few months with regular use, sometime less.  

• Love 2

I bought several packs of the Scrub Daddy, and love them.      I also bought two of the Cup Board Pro, right before they were on TV.   I kept one, sent one to a friend, and we both love ours.    I also just bought the Spatty Daddy and Junior set, to get smaller bottles clean, and they work very well for that too.  

• Love 1
On 10/29/2018 at 5:57 PM, mtlchick said:

I see these at the grocery store but $5.99 for 4 small frozen  items? They went on sale for $3.99 and I got them for my daughter who does not eat meat. It is hard to find new items for her to try. She was not impressed, said they had a funny after taste (could have been the way they were frozen), but she said for $3.99 or $5.99, there are many other novelty frozen treat items she would rather have. 

I was wondering does shark tank still have items in Bed Bath and Beyond? or is it just certain stores? Our one and only bed bath beyond is in a bad location (traffic wise)  so I have not been in for over 5 years. It was the only place that had a gift my mom wanted so I went in last week. I actually bet my daughter on how many shark tank items we would see since it seems like every shark talks about connections there. I saw none! and I walked the whole store. The store was dead and in poor repair and it was just opened 10 years ago. I know people say malls are dying but our mall is expanding and our city is growing and this store looked like going out of business. Two employees and old dated products. I don't understand why people want their products in a store like this, unless mine is just a dud location. But to put how desperate our city is for retail, we still have a Kmart that is packed and thriving so people here will shop anywhere,

They sell two flavors of the Bantam Bagels at Target, the regular with cream cheese center, and the Everything with some flavored center, and I tried both.    I was not impressed with either one, and the Everything had a very blah tasting center.    

Edited by CrazyInAlabama

I tried the Bantam Bagels when they were on sale at Giant.  I was not impressed either.  I think warm cream cheese just tastes weird.  I prefer the pretzel bites filled with hot cheddar cheese. 

• Love 1
On 1/3/2019 at 9:18 AM, BigBingerBro said:

I love Scrub Daddy and have been using them for a few years now.  I could have sworn that when they were first launched, one of the claims was that they lasted for a super long time.  They seriously don't.  Maybe a few months with regular use, sometime less.  

I order them on Amazon.  The price has gone up, but I still find them worth the money.  I personally find that one lasting for a few months is a reasonable amount of time, but YMMV.  :-)

• Love 2
On 1/24/2018 at 1:58 PM, lexytheblasian said:

Scrub Daddy was my best Shark Tank purchase. I haven't bought one recently but the only issue I had with it is that it didn't last long enough. I also bought the Simply Fit board a couple years back and that was a horrible purchase. I still want to try Wicked Good Cupcakes.

Ugh, don't waste your money. Hell, I got these for free as a Christmas gift from the office and I STILL feel ripped off!

I was so excited when I opened the box, it was my first Shark Tank product and I assumed they'd be amazing, given that their show updates are always about how much money they're raking in. I have no idea how these expensive jars of garbage are making so much money.

The consistency of the icing is somewhere around wallpaper paste, which takes up about 80% of the jar. The "cake" part is more of a sandy mixture, thinly distributed amongst the glue. I tried one or two bites from each of the four jars in case some were better than others, but nope. All bad. 

Not sure how much money it cost the company to send these to all of us, but hopefully they'll think of something else next year. 

• Love 2

I remember that I couldn't believe they passed on the doorbot (now Ring).  They were confused about why anybody would want one-at the time I thought it was because they forgot how most of us live.  Lori and Barbara always talk about having doormen/security in their buildings and I'm sure the others live in gated/walled estates and communities.  Of course they don't realize about the need for security.  I thought they were really dumb to pass on that as I thought it was brilliant.  And, many of my neighbors now use the Ring doorbell (I still have just a regular doorbell-but my dogs let me know when someone is coming up to the house [best security ever...]).

• Love 1
On 2/3/2019 at 12:25 PM, basiltherat said:

Ring would also be useful in preventing/memorializing package thieves and thus negate the need for that lock box that someone else was pitching.  Then you wouldn't need to put up a separate security camera.

Can you see Ring from outside the house? If it works as a deterrent, great, but I don't think the police devote much effort to chasing down package thieves so just a video of the thief might not help that much.

I have to admit that I didn't immediately recognize the value of Ring. I feel like his initial pitch was all about being able to see who is at the door and I don't get a lot of drop-in foot traffic at my door, so its importance escaped me at the time.

On 2/4/2019 at 4:42 PM, ljenkins782 said:

Can you see Ring from outside the house? If it works as a deterrent, great, but I don't think the police devote much effort to chasing down package thieves so just a video of the thief might not help that much.

I have to admit that I didn't immediately recognize the value of Ring. I feel like his initial pitch was all about being able to see who is at the door and I don't get a lot of drop-in foot traffic at my door, so its importance escaped me at the time.

I absolutely LOVE my Ring!  I'm super paranoid, especially being a widow with a teenage daughter, about people coming to the door.  No matter where I am, I get notifications if there is motion at my front door, not to mention if someone rings the doorbell.  If I'm not there, I can still answer the door and talk to whomever is at my door.  It's also nice when I'm out and my teen is home alone.  It's a deterrent for her to have people over that I don't know are coming over.  It's a brilliant device.

• Love 5
On 1/29/2019 at 2:17 PM, ljenkins782 said:

Ugh, don't waste your money. Hell, I got these for free as a Christmas gift from the office and I STILL feel ripped off!

I was so excited when I opened the box, it was my first Shark Tank product and I assumed they'd be amazing, given that their show updates are always about how much money they're raking in. I have no idea how these expensive jars of garbage are making so much money.

The consistency of the icing is somewhere around wallpaper paste, which takes up about 80% of the jar. The "cake" part is more of a sandy mixture, thinly distributed amongst the glue. I tried one or two bites from each of the four jars in case some were better than others, but nope. All bad. 

Not sure how much money it cost the company to send these to all of us, but hopefully they'll think of something else next year. 

To each their own, I liked Wicked Good cupcakes. I didn't have any problem with the consistency or flavors.  And I liked that they layer their cake and icing, rather than doing what most cupcake places do and add inches of frosting on top of the cake, so you never have a right mix. They are overpriced though, I could get similar tasting stuff from locally without having to deal with shipping costs.

(edited)

The pop up ad on the side of the page claims Lori's Squatty Potty has sold 5 million.     

I was in Target yesterday, and they have three types of Bantam Bagels, the classic with plain cream cheese, the everything with veggie cream cheese, and a breakfast one with scrambled eggs (I think that was the flavor).    They also had that Brazilian bite in two types, but I didn't want to get something that I had to bake, so maybe I'll try them later.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama