Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: Echo House

The Small Talk topic is for:

• Introductions
  • Off-topic chatter
  • Having virtual tea with forum buddies

This is NOT a topic for actual show discussion. When you want to talk about the show:

1. Figure out the nature of the topic you want to talk about
  2. Look for an existing topic that matches or fits
  3. If there is NOT an existing topic that fits, CREATE ONE!

Examples of topics that populate show forums include (but by no means are limited to):

• Character topics
  • Episode topics
  • Season topics
  • Spoiler topics
  • Speculation topics
  • In the Media topics
  • Favourite X topics
  • ...you get the idea

Happy trails beyond Small Talk!

Teen Wolf is definitely one of my guilty pleasures, too.  

I found the show because of fanfic.  And yes, I'm a Sterek shipper but no, I'm not obsessed and I don't expect the show to give us a canon Sterek romance.  I'd die happy if they did - probably of shock, within minutes of the episode airing, thereby depriving myself of seeing where they would take the relationship - but I don't really expect them to.  And that's okay, because I don't think the writers would be able to write it well.  

I like Derek and Stiles as characters and I like their dynamic together.  I could care less if the show tries to bait the fans with possibilities that they have no intention of following through on, and I don't mind them putting them in other relationships (gosh, there are so many disclaimers needed when you admit to shipping Sterek). The only thing that bothers me is the idea that the show might deliberately minimize their scenes together, because shipping aside, the two have great comic chemistry together.  And the thing I love most about this show is that they balance the dark with humor really well.  Less so in Season 3B, but I haven't lost hope yet.

I also love pretty much every other character in this show.  It's a rare show that I can say that about.  There's only one character I've hated (and ugh. S4 isn't making me happy there.)  I even love a lot of the settings.  I should be embarrassed to admit it, but I miss the Hale house almost as much as I miss a couple of the characters who've gone.

My real concern is that I've invested too much hope in the show for it to be more than it is, because I love that it's got horror and occasional humor but it's also got glimmers of great characterization and relationships - not romantic relationships per se but relationships in general, like the really well-done parent-child relationships and the different tones in the friendships between various characters.  And a show that could combine horror with well-written relationships like you'd find in, say Brothers & Sisters, well that was a show I was going to love.  I keep having to remind myself that it isn't trying to be what I want it to be, so that I'm not disappointed, and instead enjoy the really great moments that it does give us, and shrug off the more crappy directions it sometimes goes.

Edited by ElleryAnne