Type keyword(s) to search

Teen Mom 2: Small Talk

• Start Topic

6 minutes ago, Rebecca said:

Anyone else’s 4th a downpour of rain? I was supposed to go to a lakefront BBQ. My dog is happy though, I’m staying home and there will probably be less fireworks than usual - he’s terrified of them. Happy Fourth! 😂 

I wish we had rain! It might keep the annual firework fires down!

I hope everyone has a good and safe 4th!

• Love 4
On 6/16/2019 at 10:50 AM, Scarlett45 said:

I’m being a judgy McJudgy Pants
I cannot believe I read this today. 
It’s father’s day right? Someone (a Facebook friend of mine) made their father’s day post not about their own deceased father, or the father to their kids, but about their boyfriend of a YEAR.

One. year. 
And all he’s done for her and her girls (two). She’s been divorced from her second husband for two hot seconds and both of her girls have their bio Dad in their lives. 

Good grief 🙄. I am not knocking her for having a boyfriend (that’s fine!!), but after ONE YEAR he has not earned “DAD” title to your kids, especially when they have Dads and he isn’t even raising them! He’s your BOYFRIEND. Now if they got married and 5-10yrs from now the girls saw him as another Dad that would be one thing, but it’s been ONE. YEAR. 

Google “the freckled fox” ...she’s an Instagram influencer/blogger who got remarried 84 DAYS after her husband died of, if I remember correctly, cancer. They had several young children who got an insta-dad and she’s been posting gushingly about him since the beginning. Her post about the anniversary of her first husband’s death was more about her new husband than anything. Her new husband actually shot both himself AND her, with the same bullet, when he was improperly cleaning his guns in their kitchen...with all her young children around. It’s actually insane, maybe more than TM. There are so many forums and things talking about her, plus her own blogs. I couldn’t look away from all the WTFery when I heard about her.

Young Instagram widows with small children who remarry extremely quickly is the “influencer” genre you never knew existed but it’s flourishing. Jack and Jenna blog is another. She also got remarried extremely quickly and has a young child. She’s 30-ish and married a 24 year old college student who already has an athletic bribery scandal and divorce under his belt. Just google about that if you have time you don’t mind losing to all that drama. There are a bunch of sites about her, too.

• Love 2

Hi friends- FYI I’ve been getting all these spam calls lately with my pre-fix, and THEN today I got a spam call spoofing my own number!! I’ve downloaded an AT&T app that’s supposed to help. Ugh! I confirmed my mom and I were on the do not call list. 

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, Scarlett45 said:

Hi friends- FYI I’ve been getting all these spam calls lately with my pre-fix, and THEN today I got a spam call spoofing my own number!! I’ve downloaded an AT&T app that’s supposed to help. Ugh! I confirmed my mom and I were on the do not call list. 

I get those from my own prefix as well! Seeing my own number would freak me out! I block them daily. I've called and done the DNC deal but it just continues. It is so annoying I have my ringers shut off.  

• Love 3

I’ve been getting an influx of calls recently from the “social security number” inspector.  The VM that I received on Friday stated if I didn’t respond a warrant for my arrest would be issued.   Let me get right on that! 🤣

• LOL 5
1 hour ago, druzy said:

I received a call the other day that said "Scam Likely". Has anyone else received that?

I read somewhere that the phone companies were trying to crack down on the robocalls, and will tag them "scam likely" if they notice a pattern, like the number making several calls at once, or in rapid succession. 

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, SweetieDarling said:

I read somewhere that the phone companies were trying to crack down on the robocalls, and will tag them "scam likely" if they notice a pattern, like the number making several calls at once, or in rapid succession. 

Thanks @SweetieDarling- I didn't know that.

• Love 3

In personal news- my sister’s main weekday caregiver G just had a milestone birthday. She came back to work Monday and had a chat with my Mom, she’s looking to transition out due to her age and health. We fully expected this, and although she’s been a pain in the ass sometimes the same main caregiver for the last sixteen years has been a god send. 

Ive put feelers out in all my networks to look for someone new, if we are lucky we can have them fully transitioned in by the time the weather turns. 

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

In personal news- my sister’s main weekday caregiver G just had a milestone birthday. She came back to work Monday and had a chat with my Mom, she’s looking to transition out due to her age and health. We fully expected this, and although she’s been a pain in the ass sometimes the same main caregiver for the last sixteen years has been a god send. 

Ive put feelers out in all my networks to look for someone new, if we are lucky we can have them fully transitioned in by the time the weather turns. 

Sending good thoughts and prayers that you find a trustworthy, qualified and compatible caregiver for your sister.

• Love 5
On 7/16/2019 at 4:25 PM, Scarlett45 said:

Awww! That’s a tough one. I’m so glad you had a kind and trusted caregiver. 16 years is a great run. Sending love and light for your search for the next 16 ❤️🙏🏻🧚‍♀️

• Love 6

Anyone else accidentally watch the other TM Unexpected on TLC? The featured family is worse than these chicks. Weird that the thread is not locked yet no posting area? What?! LOL

I guess I should just save myself for this batch.

• Love 4

@FairyDusted the Unexpected forum is over this way. The new episodes start airing on August 4th. I actually like that show much better since the teen moms are actually teens and not "teens" who are pushing 30 and near millionaires.

5 hours ago, Giant Misfit said:

@FairyDusted the Unexpected forum is over this way. The new episodes start airing on August 4th. I actually like that show much better since the teen moms are actually teens and not "teens" who are pushing 30 and near millionaires.

Thank you! I lost my way!

5 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I watch! I will be there. 

Right on. Shannon drives me nutty!😂

• Love 2

If anyone wants to see if they were impacted by the Equifax Data Breach here is a lookup tool. If you were impacted it brings you to a claim form. It took me 5 minutes from start to finish. My $125 check is on the way.

giphy.gif

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
11 minutes ago, druzy said:

If anyone wants to see if they were impacted by the Equifax Data Breach here is a lookup tool. If you were impacted it brings you to a claim form. It took me 5 minutes from start to finish. My $125 check is on the way.

giphy.gif

Thanks for that link. I was one of them. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, druzy said:

giphy.gif

I took the 10 years free credit monitoring instead.

Also, fuck Equifax...seriously. They should be paying people whose credit and social security numbers they failed to secure a helluva lot more money for this. It's a paltry sum for having literally all your personal information stolen and in the hands of who the hell knows. It's unbelievable they can't even figure out who breached their system.

On 7/15/2019 at 5:06 PM, geauxaway said:

I’ve been getting an influx of calls recently from the “social security number” inspector.  The VM that I received on Friday stated if I didn’t respond a warrant for my arrest would be issued.   Let me get right on that! 🤣

I keep getting the call from the "IRS Department" saying that my SSN has had suspected fraudulent activity.

I actually took one of the calls to mess with them and told them my name was Gennifer (with a G) and THEY HAD MY REAL NAME. My maiden name but WTF. I denied it was the correct name, but shit. 

I took a similar call recently because it was pissing me off because no one EVER leaves a full message if any at all.(Called ID...Visa) Yeah, right!  

I refuse to say, "YES" to any question. I'd rather check in on all my financials and call and report suspect contact.

The IRS won't call you. They will assault you with mail until you cave so Amber and Company had better be ready. The IRS never ever loses. 

• Love 5

I got to ease drop at Starbucks waiting to interview a caregiver.

Girlfriend found inappropriate photos in boyfriend’s phone four nights ago, brought her friend or sister along to make sure she didn’t go off on him. 

They were fighting in English and Urdu (I think). The couple was civil, they weren't inappropriate But she was MAD I could tell! 
I could hear it all, eventually the friend said "I really have to go"(I was there to interview a caregiver and got a good bit of the juicy parts before she showed up ) 

He said "I never had her"(old fashioned phrase but he had an accent, the women didn’t so maybe a translated phrase)

I think he's lying. 
He gave up his SM passwords!!
Cause she suspected and he got caught.I appreciated she didn't call the other woman out of her name or anything. 

It was all on him. 
"Who made her important?"
"When were numbers exchanged?"
It was deep........

The poor friend. “I really have to go.” She was just sipping her drink looking miserable. Got dragged out of her house with just flip flops/leggings/T-shirt/phone. 

I wish i could tell the girl from a big sister perspective that she has ever right to be hurt, she was 100% a lady but let him go NOW!! They were young (maybe 21/22). He’s not worth it. Poor thing. 

I had no idea so much went down at Starbucks!!

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I had no idea so much went down at Starbucks!!

Starbucks is better than a Telenovela. I once watched a woman catch her daughter-in-law cheating at a Starbucks in Barnes and Noble. Huge shouting match, manager threatening to call the cops and a fight that spilled out onto the sidewalk. It was insane, except I felt so bad for the boyfriend because he didn't know she was married. The poor guy sat there in shock as a store full of people gawked at the drama.

• Love 3
25 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Starbucks is better than a Telenovela. I once watched a woman catch her daughter-in-law cheating at a Starbucks in Barnes and Noble. Huge shouting match, manager threatening to call the cops and a fight that spilled out onto the sidewalk. It was insane, except I felt so bad for the boyfriend because he didn't know she was married. The poor guy sat there in shock as a store full of people gawked at the drama.

No it wasn’t like that. Again they were very civil and there was no threat of violence or anything like that- but this young girl was HURT. 

Why was the mother in law all in their business?!! Damn. 

• Love 3

The interview went well. I’m calling her references (let’s call her R) and then she’s going to come by the house for a paid training (assuming the references check out). Another woman (M) is coming on Saturday for a paid training- my sister liked this woman A LOT, (she was a personal reference so that’s why she had fewer interviews before she was invited over). 

At this point it depends on how my sister vibes with both women and what my mom thinks. M is the front runner for me but my mom is concerned about her age (she’s only 37) and my Mom is concerned she won’t be satisfied with the job, AND being the intellectual snob my mom is she asked “what’s wrong with her (M) that she would want this type of work so young it’s so boring”😣. Goodness she what I have to deal with?!!

Yes the job is boring as my sister entertains herself. The position requires you keep her clean, cook her meals, do her linen and laundry- you’re stuck for 7hrs a day with a being that cannot talk back to you and EVERY day is the same. The work doesn’t attract a “go getter” type, but that’s not required. 

Guess what- one interviewer messaged me saying she didn’t want to go all the way to the Starbucks by our house because she lives on the other side of town and could we meet in the middle??? LAZY. She didn’t want the job. I discussed all that with her in the phone interview!!!😳 I just cancelled it and told her no thanks.

• Love 6

Guys it looks like we will have a new caregiver decided by end of next week. Both M and R had excellent references and now it’s really up for my sister to “decide” who will be her next caregiver (we will see who she vibes the most with during trainings this weekend).

I need to draw up and employment contract, and a detailed list of duties, get all their paperwork in order etc. Also my Mom is buying a camera to watch the front and back door- with G being here 16 yrs we haven’t had one, but we are getting one (of course we are telling them that). 

A start date of after Labor Day looks good. G knows and is comfortable with that timeline. We have been telling my sister G is leaving but we don’t know how much she understands, it doesn’t hurt to tell her. 

• Love 7

And I quote

“Can we reschedule (our in person interview that’s due to occur in THREE HOURS) because I had a family reunion this weekend and I’m just SO TIRED?”

Yup I got that text just now. 

We will have a new caregiver chosen by Friday, but this second interview is a courtesy as that’s bullshit. 🤯🤯🤯🤯

Thanks for reading. 

909F7C3B-8A0F-471F-9556-46B894404294.jpeg

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

And I quote

“Can we reschedule (our in person interview that’s due to occur in THREE HOURS) because I had a family reunion this weekend and I’m just SO TIRED?”

Of course she thinks you should understand 🙄

source.gif

source.gif

source.gif

• LOL 9
  • Love 2

It’s official- I offered the new caregiver M the job Thursday night and she accepted. Her start date is Sept 4. My Mom told G that M accepted the job and G’s last day would be August 30th. G is very much at peace with everything, she’s tired and needs to focus on her health, but she said that she would give M her phone number and if she had any questions or concerns M could text her any time (I thought that was really nice). 

I am feeling all the feelings guys. Every day with my sister has been ground hog’s day for decades now and the world just changes around her. Our great aunt (to was our nanny growing up) is dead, Mrs B who cared for my sister and grandfather is now dead, G is leaving after 16yrs, it’s the circle of life y’all. The caregivers are getting younger and we just get older. 

My Mom had concerns about M’s age and that she doesn’t have a car (and doesn’t drive), but my sister liked her SO MUCH I think it will be a great fit. 

I expressed to M that we very much understood that this was her livelihood, and we respected her time and the work she put into the job (aka we know you are not here for free your check won’t be late). 

Oh- remember the shady lady who rescheduled because of the family reunion? My sister never looked at her. Never faced her. BAD SIGN. NOPE. 

• Love 12

I was home sick today so I went downstairs to hug G, my sister’s caregiver goodbye and thank her for all of the years (as I won’t likely see her before the last day Aug 30. ). There’s something in my eyes guys!!!

I told her to please not be a stranger, and she said when she was adjusted after her dialysis regime she wanted to come and get my sister for an outing (and of course borrow my Mom’s car). We told her that was fine and PLEASE take care of her health.

broken heart no GIF by Loly in the sky

• Love 8
On 8/22/2019 at 7:14 PM, Booger666 said:

It’s that time of year where friends and neighbors share their back to school pics.  Apparently, where I live the schools aren’t well.  🤦🏼‍♀️ 

D517F271-19CF-462A-9417-86AC64A6692B.jpeg

That's damn SAD! 

• Love 6

Today was G’s last day. My mom gave her a small bonus with her last check, and took the house key. I have a new key chain for it to give to M on Wednesday. 

My Mom told G if she had any questions about her medical care feel free to call her. (She’s a physician) G starts dialysis after the holiday. 

16yrs is a LONG TIME, in another 16yrs I’ll be 49 and my sister will be 47, and my Mom 87. I’m sure she will be fine, she loved M when M was here for the interviews and trainings. Who knows how much she understands but we told her G was leaving for weeks now. 

Im really in my feelings. 

• Love 11

Hey everyone. I went to an amazing event at the American Writer’s Museum here in Chicago and heard this woman speak, her name is Keah Brown. She’s pretty awesome. I did buy her book, a collection of essays about being black and disabled (she has CP), and her own hashtag #disabledandcute

She is also a TWIN (her twin is typical) and it made me think of Gracie and Ali. If Leah (or Corey and Miranda) are forward thinking they will make sure that Ali is exposed to people like this woman, embracing who she is and not being ashamed of her disability (ummmhmm a gal can dream). Wanting to be seen and heard in the world as a fully formed adult, sexual, romantic being not “despite of her disability” but just because she’s human.  If anyone is interested in this type of book I recommend (but I haven’t finished it yet). 

https://www.amazon.com/Pretty-One-Culture-Disability-Reasons/dp/1982100540

• Love 7

That's very interesting @Scarlett45 ! I do hope that Gracie continues with therapy and hopefully Ali will go as well. Her family very much loves her. That is evident. But Ali may have questions and concerns herself that a professional could better handle. Actually that whole family could use some old fashioned therapy. These 10 years has been A LOT! 

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, FairyDusted said:

That's very interesting @Scarlett45 ! I do hope that Gracie continues with therapy and hopefully Ali will go as well. Her family very much loves her. That is evident. But Ali may have questions and concerns herself that a professional could better handle. Actually that whole family could use some old fashioned therapy. These 10 years has been A LOT! 

When Keah was speaking on Wednesday she mentioned that yes, her black family could guide her in celebrating her blackness and navigating the world as a black person but that they had no clue how to give her those same lessons as a disabled person (because she’s the only disabled person in her family). She knows that “ignoring” the disability sometimes was out of love and a desire not to “other her”, it did her a slight disservice because she is disabled and the world others her all the time- a big shock as she got older. 

The black experience doesn’t apply to Ali (duh) but I see the same behaviors in her parents. The one exception was when she didn’t want to wear a life vest because Gracie didn’t have to and Leah made her and explained why. 

Im learning so much from this book, and from Keah. My experience in the disability space has none of these emotional nuisances as my sister isn’t cognitively capable of knowing she’s disabled. 

Therapy is wonderful! Yes the entire family should go. 

• Love 6