Type keyword(s) to search

Teen Mom 2: Small Talk

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Rebecca said:

Random but does anyone know a good place to buy high quality sheets, online or off? Preferably less expensive (lol) but quality is more important. I bought a new bed and it’s turning into a full bedroom makeover 😆 

I have a set of Parachute sheets that I LOVE. 

• Love 3

It wasn't MacKenzie either, although I remember my dental hygienist mother commenting on how badly that kid's teeth were jacked up due to years of sucking on a pacifier. 

I tried to Google to see if I could spot the kid, but none of them rang a bell. I did however find this hilarious article about a male beauty pageant in Mexico being cancelled because the contestants were "too ugly."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2017/09/26/beauty-pageant-canceled-after-contestants-deemed-too-ugly/amp/

• LOL 5

I’m dying to know who the ugly kid was! 😆 When you google ‘toddlers and tiaras ugly’ Cadence comes up...more than once. Ouch. 

This is the moment that stuck with me most...yes, a mother dressed her 4 year old up to look like Dolly Parton...fake boobs and all! 😯 

88F860CF-1954-4DD1-881D-9F392B1027FF.jpeg

Here’s an article about the contestants, 10 years later. I forgot about the mom who dressed her 3 year old up like Julia Roberts’ character in Pretty Woman..wtf??! 🤢 

https://www.urbo.com/content/toddlers-tiaras-10-years-later/

MaKenzie looks so different now!

Edited by Rebecca
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1

Hey guys.  Just popping in to say hi, that Alaska was beautiful and we had so much fun.  We did the full tour of the cabin from Alone in the Wilderness, which my son and I have watched together a million times.  The rest of the time we just played it by ear and had a fantastic time.  I'm taking my daughter to New Orleans in October. We don't want to go there in the summer. 

I hope everyone is doing well. I miss you guys!  

• Love 14

Just couldn't refrain from sharing...found out I have some kinfolk that might know jenelle! Sadly, I just learned today that I have some relatives who live around Wilmington, and they are on drugs, specifically heroin. One of them died of an overdose yesterday, but we didn't know anything about him. That specific branch of the family always had substance abuse problems, and they kind of veered off on their own decades ago. Now, they all live near jenelle and do drugs, so you've got to wonder if they know each other! The guy that passed lived in Leland, a place Jenelle and David often reference, and was also in prison several times. Maybe he was there with Courtland and/or UBT! Despite how sad it is to have relatives in this situation, especially one that OD'd, I'm admittedly way too curious as to whether they know Jenelle! Certainly they at least know of her; rich druggie in the area who's on tv would have to be conspicuous! It sounds so trashy to even admit to thinking about. I knew you guys would be the only ones who would understand. 😜

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Maharincess said:

Hey guys.  Just popping in to say hi, that Alaska was beautiful and we had so much fun.  We did the full tour of the cabin from Alone in the Wilderness, which my son and I have watched together a million times.  The rest of the time we just played it by ear and had a fantastic time.  I'm taking my daughter to New Orleans in October. We don't want to go there in the summer. 

I hope everyone is doing well. I miss you guys!  

Have fun in NOLA in Oct.  GEAUX TIGERS!! (Y’all be there right in the the thick of the season).   

1 minute ago, geauxaway said:

Have fun in NOLA in Oct.  GEAUX TIGERS!! (Y’all be there right in the the thick of the season).   

💛💜🐯⚜️

• Love 4
1 hour ago, geauxaway said:

💛💜🐯⚜️

Is it a bad time to go?  We're open, her new boss is fantastic, she explained the circumstances of the trip so he said all he wants is a few days notice and she can take off work. We are totally open. We want to walk dogs at ViaLobos (SP?) and hit many, many restaurants. 

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Talky Tina said:

Is it a bad time to go?  We're open, her new boss is fantastic, she explained the circumstances of the trip so he said all he wants is a few days notice and she can take off work. We are totally open. We want to walk dogs at ViaLobos (SP?) and hit many, many restaurants. 

I think she meant football season?  Anyway, Talky Tina please post if you get to visit Villalobos!!!

9 hours ago, Talky Tina said:

Sorry!  I was referring to football season!  Just walk around saying GEAUX Tigers and you’ll be just fine 😉. It’s always a great time to visit NOLA!!!!

• Love 1
On 3/13/2019 at 11:38 AM, Rebecca said:

I’m dying to know who the ugly kid was! 😆 When you google ‘toddlers and tiaras ugly’ Cadence comes up...more than once. Ouch. 

This is the moment that stuck with me most...yes, a mother dressed her 4 year old up to look like Dolly Parton...fake boobs and all! 😯 

88F860CF-1954-4DD1-881D-9F392B1027FF.jpeg

Here’s an article about the contestants, 10 years later. I forgot about the mom who dressed her 3 year old up like Julia Roberts’ character in Pretty Woman..wtf??! 🤢 

https://www.urbo.com/content/toddlers-tiaras-10-years-later/

MaKenzie looks so different now!

Love this link. It was neat to see them now. MaKenzie always made me cringe.  

• Love 4
On 4/7/2019 at 2:53 PM, Scarlett45 said:

Guys- they rebranded Pretty Little Mamas as Teen Mom: Young Moms Club. I updated the title topic in Other Candid Reality shows. New episodes will be Monday April 22nd, I’m assuming after the TM2 reunion show?

That show was awful! It bombed so bad they pulled it after the first, maybe second, airing. I'll pass. It looks like 90 Day Fiance has a new spin-off called Family Chantel that I'm also going to pass on. These two franchises just need to stop. The bloom is off the rose and the followup shows just can't compete.

I never watched Jersey Shore but I heard the remake of that is failing, too. 

• Love 5
28 minutes ago, guilfoyleatpp said:

OMG YOU GUYS VILLA VOLDEMORT IS FOR SALE!

THEY ARE MOVING!!!!

Our terrible, awful, next door neighbors are MOVING!

I hope they move far away. Maybe we can put our little one back on the school bus. 

This is great news!!! ❤️

• Love 5

Re: Chelsea and having her babies so close together

I have a twin brother - no other siblings. For the record, we don’t get along...and we are only three minutes apart! He got married last August and I wasn’t even invited. True story. Just because kids are close in age, that doesn’t solidify or guarantee a damn thing!

My parents had freakin’ twins right out of the gate! I’ve heard my mom’s stories about her having to crawl on her hands and knees to get to the bathroom at 5am so we wouldn’t see her from our cribs. (Older house in Detroit = no bathroom in the master bedroom)

She loves to be semi-snarky to parents (just the ones who bitch about how hard it is to have one baby) about the times she and my dad had to do XYZ to make sure they didn’t lose their minds. 

From waking up extra early to get us both ready to the inevitable “when one is sleeping, the other one would be wide awake” anecdotes, she’s got a ton of stories about raising multiples and how hard THAT was! 

She woke up early one morning to bathe us, dress us up (no matching outfits ever - thank God!) and have us ready to go and have our photos taken at Olan Mills (#80s kid!). My dad was in the kitchen and my mom was getting dressed, but we were both in the playpen. My mom heard a loud cry, came out to see what was happening and nearly lost her mind when she what had happened. I had bitten my brother on the cheek (he probably deserved it!) and he had a big red bite mark on his face. Couldn’t have our photos taken anymore! All of that work and an early wake up call down the drain. 

I should ask her to watch Chelsea’s segments as I’d love to get her two cents on that!

• LOL 3
  • Love 7

@Bridget Olan Mills!!!🤣🤣🤣.  One of our portraits from there was taken the day before I came down with chicken pox.  I am white as a ghost in the photos!  And you know my mom made me go by my little brother the minute me and my cousin broke out in the pox...so we could “all have it at the same time.”  

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
11 hours ago, geauxaway said:

@Bridget Olan Mills!!!🤣🤣🤣.  One of our portraits from there was taken the day before I came down with chicken pox.  I am white as a ghost in the photos!  And you know my mom made me go by my little brother the minute me and my cousin broke out in the pox...so we could “all have it at the same time.”  

I think we are related...or perhaps our moms are?!?!

One Christmas, when we were five years old (and vaccinated!), my brother and I had chicken pox. We developed it within a day or two of each other and our family holiday plans went out the window. I'd love to see Chelsea handle "skipping Christmas" one year if her kids came down with something similar!

• Love 3
(edited)

I can't find the post... maybe they were deleted... I could have sworn it was in Chelsea's thread... folks were talking about anxiety. Someone mentioned that their  insurance was no longer going to cover a medication they need for anxiety.

I wanted to mention that there are now options to get medications cheaper if this happens.  Just going to mention a few that I found when my insurance jacked up the co-pays on a medication I needed. 

1. GoodRX - just type in your medication and dose and it will give you the cost at all local pharmacies.

2. Many states have a prescription assistance card. Google your state's name + "prescription assistance program" (or similar terms). This should pull it up. Not sure if the rules are the same in every state, but in my state, anyone who lives in this state can use this card to pay cash for prescriptions. The prices are often quite low, even lower than GoodRX sometimes. Even if you have insurance, you can use this instead of it.

3. Needymeds.org - this website can be a bit confusing, but you can use it to search for programs to help pay for prescriptions, usually limited to those with certain diseases or other criteria. 

4. If you have a Sam's Club Plus membership, they have some really cheap prices for drugs, with a much more comprehensive list than the regular cheap generics that most drug stores offer these days.  I looked into this when I needed a medication that had a $50 copay through my insurance. It was $10 through Sam's Club.

Edited by ChristmasJones
  • Useful 3
  • Love 4
(edited)
On 4/7/2019 at 1:53 PM, Scarlett45 said:

Guys- they rebranded Pretty Little Mamas as Teen Mom: Young Moms Club

I checked the date to make sure this wasn’t an April fools joke! I’m really out of the loop but wtf! It was terrible. And mostly about the bitchy rich chick. I hated it. Obliviously I have to catch up on the episodes and see if it still sucks as much. 😆 At least there’s probably no dog murderer adjacent people on it, if nothing else. Ugh.

On 4/9/2019 at 1:26 PM, Christina said:

That show was awful! It bombed so bad they pulled it after the first, maybe second, airing. I'll pass. It looks like 90 Day Fiance has a new spin-off called Family Chantel that I'm also going to pass on. These two franchises just need to stop. The bloom is off the rose and the followup shows just can't compete.

I never watched Jersey Shore but I heard the remake of that is failing, too. 

WUT??? This sounds like an even bigger April fools joke. Wow. I don’t think I can either.

13 hours ago, Booger666 said:

The Dolly Parton post reminded me of the Madonna pointy bra kid 🤦🏼‍♀️ 

99C0EB1C-4444-47B4-A9C4-48FF2C555609.jpeg

Omg! I forgot about that one. There was also once a cigarette smoking “bad girl” Sandy from Grease on an episode. Wtf are these alleged adults thinking??

I am back, btw. 👋🏻 

Edited by Rebecca
  • Love 6
(edited)

I can’t wrap my head around all this BS.  I had a pretty slick go of it as far as my foster to adopt path, but to me it still was difficult.  24 months of my son’s bio in prison and they still were considering reunification.  My son is so damaged still, and I have given him the world and more. I know from my classes it’s not me, but it kills me to read about this shit with all these bitches who are millionaires.  

The great news is that my son’s birth certificate FINALLY came this past week. 7 months later!  

Also, Mimi comes tomorrow for a 10 day visit and I have the rest of this week off of work (yes work, PTO, something these spoiled brats have no concept of).  Gonna clean out closets, plant my flowers, deep clean and maybe have some self care time!!!

Edited by geauxaway
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

I agree with that. I just think that's up to the mother to decide. You can have mental health issues that don't require medication. This may be an acute issue, precipitated by the break-in. That's why I wish if she was uncomfortable with the idea of stopping nursing, she'd try just some therapy. I think she'd benefit from learning some tips and tools to help her calm down. 

Is Lane nearly a year NOW? Because during filmimg she seemed much younger. 

Acute issues can definitely be scary! A couple weeks ago, I was driving through Charlotte on the interstate, and suddenly, all cars had to slam on the brakes! I realized, with horror, that I was legit going to hit the car in front of me, and then they swerved onto the shoulder! I managed to avoid the car in front of that, and the car behind me also swerved onto the shoulder. The two cars behind that collided, and then several more cars across a few different lanes ended in a massive pileup. I was SO shaken after that, and was trembling allllll day. However, I thought it was behind me. I didn't drive any significant distance for a while after that, by circumstance.

That's until I drove to the beach the other day! My hands were white gripping the steering wheel, and I felt "off" and totally anxious the whole time. I realized that my fear was something happening where I couldn't stop in time. If a car was waiting to pull onto the road, I would anxiously hover around the brake, CERTAIN they were just going to pull out right when I got there. It got to the point that even when I saw another road with no car, I was sure one would come speeding through the intersection out of nowhere. I started questioning why I was this anxious, and then it hit me...that day on the interstate where we had to stop so quickly. 

I have anxiety, I'm pretty sure. There have been many, many stages in my life where it makes sense, where I was feeling off like this, and i've had panic attacks. I have never seen anyone about it, because the vast majority of the time, I'm okay. Obviously if this doesn't get better soon, I would get help. I can't imagine it incapacitating me to the point where I couldn't drive, and just decide not to leave the house because "therapy is for crazy people and I don't want issues." To me, that is the crazier thing! I totally get it, but nobody should let fear totally control their lives. I just have a taste of it, and it sucks big time!

• Love 6
(edited)

7E8A3B3A-79CB-4898-8B27-FDF37B44D838.jpeg

This popped up on here as a link...what a lie! “Never looked better” ....suuure, Jan. He kinda looks like Sadam Hussein and the “young wife” just highlights it. 

Edited by Rebecca
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, Rebecca said:

7E8A3B3A-79CB-4898-8B27-FDF37B44D838.jpeg

This popped up on here as a link...what a lie! “Never looked better” ....suuure, Jan. He kinda looks like Sadam Hussein and the “young wife” just highlights it. 

I don’t get how these young women sell themselves to some old rich man. Gross.

• Love 10
10 hours ago, monicageller said:

Dear lord.

http://www.mtv.com.au/teen-mom-australia/news/meet-the-mums-youre-gonna-be-watching-on-teen-mom-australia?fbclid=IwAR23hRK8WOo4SqCTVAhxrZ69Mg6Loc5d42bH9u4ce5KnfV6HMzFdCkpxEdk

Pleeeeeease watch this with me, you guys! I'm going to need to e-scream about it to you all afterwards.

I can try but I've already been sucked into the 90 Day Fiance ever expanding circle of hell 😥😂

• LOL 6

Oh dear lort.  In the words of Bruha Roxanne....”I CAAAAAANNNNNN’T”!!!!  This school year is never ending thanks to the 10 inclement weather days we had.  Pray for me y’all.  We still have 2 more days to go.  

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
(edited)

Spoiler alert! When 11 year old children witness abuse they grow up to be Bethanny Frankel. Feel free to grab a coffee or scroll on down;)

With all that has happened on The Land I've been forced to look back on what I was doing at her age and dealing with domestic violence.

Closest examples...Randy kinda money or better on both sides.  It was the 1970's in a remote beach town.  It was very much your family business stays inside the family. Even if the cops were called in somehow unless you require an ambulance no one left in cuffs. It did come to that a few times at her age and I had small siblings.

Beth described it perfectly on The Real Housewives of NYC. Watching your abusive, abused, broken mother being dragged across the house by her hair.  I saw that. Usually just heard it. That is horrifying  enough. The Littles crying at my door begging to get in my bed.    

My father sobered later but my mother  remains Janelle level mentally.

Guess which set of parents I host in my home! LOL 

I'm in my 50's now and much like Beth, they may as well  have left a post it on the mailbox on the frat housewife event. 

You walk through the door with plans to quickly manage drunks. A child shouldn't have to have emergency plans figured out. 

For those of you that stayed awake...Thanks! And be my friend ANY FUCKING WAY! Even if you are not a Bethanny fan.

Edited by FairyDusted
  • Love 2

I have an acquaintance who just had her second pregnant wedding yesterday. Reminded me of these girls!!!

first time, she had just started dating this guy, and just suddenly eloped. She gave us a grand lecture on Facebook about how a marriage was important, not the wedding, and how superior they were for not spending much on their wedding. I called BS and wondered if she was pregnant. Yep! A few months later, they welcomed their bundle of joy. 

Now that child's about five (and the parent divorced when the kid was 1 or 2), and she JUST met this other dude. She announced they were engaged after a small handful of months of dating, and I thought, "again? Certainly she's not pregnant this time?" Then a few days later, they posted a sonogram, and she was massively pregnant at her wedding yesterday. Her dress was tasteful, much more like Chelsea's decent maternity dress than Kail's monstrosity, but stilllll...

How does anyone do this twice?! I feel like after that first bad experience, you'd be super vigilant the second time. Maybe it was a freak occurrence, but this girl's kind of out there, sooooo...

But yeah, I'd be sooooo embarrassed if I was married twice and pregnant at both of my weddings! I'd also be embarrassed to admit to my second fiancée. Can you imagine? "Baby, how did you hide your bump at the last wedding? Or were you showing already?" At least she finds guys who are honorable enough to marry her, but wouldn't it be nice if someone wanted to marry her when she wasn't pregnant? Almost seems like low self esteem to me. Or just  plain manipulation!

maybe Kail can top it, though. I can totally see Kail marrying another time or two while pregnant!

• Love 4
On 5/31/2019 at 4:24 AM, Brooklynista said:

I can try but I've already been sucked into the 90 Day Fiance ever expanding circle of hell 😥😂

same. and love after lockup. lord help me.

On 5/31/2019 at 8:09 PM, geauxaway said:

Oh dear lort.  In the words of Bruha Roxanne....”I CAAAAAANNNNNN’T”!!!!  This school year is never ending thanks to the 10 inclement weather days we had.  Pray for me y’all.  We still have 2 more days to go.  

Monday is our last day. It's cutting into little's camp time. Annoying.

• Love 5

I’m being a judgy McJudgy Pants
I cannot believe I read this today. 
It’s father’s day right? Someone (a Facebook friend of mine) made their father’s day post not about their own deceased father, or the father to their kids, but about their boyfriend of a YEAR.

One. year. 
And all he’s done for her and her girls (two). She’s been divorced from her second husband for two hot seconds and both of her girls have their bio Dad in their lives. 

Good grief 🙄. I am not knocking her for having a boyfriend (that’s fine!!), but after ONE YEAR he has not earned “DAD” title to your kids, especially when they have Dads and he isn’t even raising them! He’s your BOYFRIEND. Now if they got married and 5-10yrs from now the girls saw him as another Dad that would be one thing, but it’s been ONE. YEAR. 

• Love 7
21 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

I’m being a judgy McJudgy Pants
I cannot believe I read this today. 
It’s father’s day right? Someone (a Facebook friend of mine) made their father’s day post not about their own deceased father, or the father to their kids, but about their boyfriend of a YEAR.

One. year. 
And all he’s done for her and her girls (two). She’s been divorced from her second husband for two hot seconds and both of her girls have their bio Dad in their lives. 

Good grief 🙄. I am not knocking her for having a boyfriend (that’s fine!!), but after ONE YEAR he has not earned “DAD” title to your kids, especially when they have Dads and he isn’t even raising them! He’s your BOYFRIEND. Now if they got married and 5-10yrs from now the girls saw him as another Dad that would be one thing, but it’s been ONE. YEAR. 

You’re friends with Chelsea?  🤣🤣.  Sorry, that was a lame (dad) joke.

• LOL 10
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, geauxaway said:

You’re friends with Chelsea?  🤣🤣.  Sorry, that was a lame (dad) joke.

That’s why I put it in this Small Talk!!

At least Chelsea was engaged to Cole, AND Adam was a complete dipshit (not a Dad at all) AND Cole was around for longer than a year before she pushed this Dad thing. Several years later Cole has stepped up and been a “Dad” but that is for Aubree to decide. 

This guy has been around ONE YEAR. 

• Love 5

Anyone else’s 4th a downpour of rain? I was supposed to go to a lakefront BBQ. My dog is happy though, I’m staying home and there will probably be less fireworks than usual - he’s terrified of them. Happy Fourth! 😂 

• Love 3