Type keyword(s) to search

Teen Mom 2: Small Talk

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

This forum is giving me a headache. I use my devices but keep having issues with quoting or posting. Anyone else?

Me! I visit on both my phone and laptop.  On my phone it gives me a lot of trouble. 

59 minutes ago, Mkay said:

Me! I visit on both my phone and laptop.  On my phone it gives me a lot of trouble. 

It is terrible! I posted in the bug thread. Apparently others are also having issues.

I post on my phone primarily as well. Hate the new set up. I wish they'd let us go back to the old mobile view.  I visit/post much less than I used to before the change. 

1 hour ago, CofCinci said:

I post on my phone primarily as well. Hate the new set up. I wish they'd let us go back to the old mobile view.  I visit/post much less than I used to before the change. 

The new format definitely isn't mobile friendly, the old set up was much better for those who read and post via their phones.

I have issues on both my phone and tablet. I cannot wait for my PC to be fixed. It is easier to post that way.

I too have issues with the quoting. For some reason another person's post will appear instead of the one I am trying to quote.

Hey guys, so a little background- I'm involved in risk underwriting/credit analysis for smaller lenders (nothing big like Wells Fargo, that has all that stuff in house, we basically cater to lenders that don't have their own commercial lending underwriting department). Anyways, I am based in Minneapolis, but our clients are all over the country. Anyways, although we have some clients in desirable areas, like South Florida, Chicago, DC, San Diego, and Phoenix, whenever we work for them, they always send us their stuff electronically or give us temporary access to their VPNs.  But whenever it's a BFE place, they always insist we come for a face to face meeting (I don't believe this is a cost thing. A direct flight to Phoenix actually costs less than gas and hotel for a small town 300 miles away that has no airport options). I think it's just my luck. So, so far I have had the privilege of audits in Stevens Point, WI, and Waterloo, IA. In the winter. Well, now I can add Huron, SD to my list! I'll be there next month, and keep my eyes open for any Chelsea/Randalicious sightings. (Adam has probably found a way to make the herpes virus airborne so I'll not seek him out).

ETA: Boo, just googled and she lives like 3 hours away from Huron. Well, maybe I'll catch her as she's road tripping north for a concert.

Edited by Tatum
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, Tatum said:

Hey guys, so a little background- I'm involved in risk underwriting/credit analysis for smaller lenders (nothing big like Wells Fargo, that has all that stuff in house, we basically cater to lenders that don't have their own commercial lending underwriting department). Anyways, I am based in Minneapolis, but our clients are all over the country. Anyways, although we have some clients in desirable areas, like South Florida, Chicago, DC, San Diego, and Phoenix, whenever we work for them, they always send us their stuff electronically or give us temporary access to their VPNs.  But whenever it's a BFE place, they always insist we come for a face to face meeting (I don't believe this is a cost thing. A direct flight to Phoenix actually costs less than gas and hotel for a small town 300 miles away that has no airport options). I think it's just my luck. So, so far I have had the privilege of audits in Stevens Point, WI, and Waterloo, IA. In the winter. Well, now I can add Huron, SD to my list! I'll be there next month, and keep my eyes open for any Chelsea/Randalicious sightings. (Adam has probably found a way to make the herpes virus airborne so I'll not seek him out).

ETA: Boo, just googled and she lives like 3 hours away from Huron. Well, maybe I'll catch her as she's road tripping north for a concert.

On the positive side, at least you'll be far away from any roads Adam is driving on. 

• Love 5

this is completely off-topic.  but does anyone have trouble w/these boards, like, as you're scrolling, the feed "scrolls" itself downward very slowly and you can't get it to stay still?  could just be my stupid work comp but I figured I'd ask

(no, I'm not HIGH! HIGH! ) swear to God...

• Love 3

It is not just you. It has happened to me as well, as far as the "liking" of posts. I even had a moment where I would click "like" and it didn't go through. I clicked it again and I "liked" a post TWICE. There are some posts on the Teen Mom OG thread that show I "liked" a post twice. Crazy.

• Love 2

Those producers are completely full of shit and I actually got angry when I read that David is great with the kids and Janelle. I've missed several episodes of OG and didn't bother to catch up, just read here, and it looks like I can skip this show, too. 

• Love 2

Valerie Fairman died last night, speculative COD is a drug overdose. She was on 16&P season 2a with the TM2 girls, I remember a snippet of her episode being played a lot in promos for that season ("it's your baby Matt, get it through your head, we had sex ALOT").

Her mom is talking to TMZ (which I find weird); she's been to rehab 5 times in the past 5 years, and was found pretty much DOA with needles around her. I really feel for Nevaeh, her daughter, especially to lose her mom so young and at this time of year. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, ChaChaSlide said:

Valerie Fairman died last night, speculative COD is a drug overdose. She was on 16&P season 2a with the TM2 girls, I remember a snippet of her episode being played a lot in promos for that season ("it's your baby Matt, get it through your head, we had sex ALOT").

Her mom is talking to TMZ (which I find weird); she's been to rehab 5 times in the past 5 years, and was found pretty much DOA with needles around her. I really feel for Nevaeh, her daughter, especially to lose her mom so young and at this time of year. 

That can really mess a kid up. My college roommate lost his dad right around Christmas when he was about Nevaeh's age. It was a heart issue, not drugs, but 25 years later, he still never enjoys or celebrates Christmas. It's sad to think that such a nice time of year will always be marred for her.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, FairyDusted said:

Honestly I'm still freaked out about Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds. Now that was an interesting mother/daughter dynamic.  Billie is the kiddo I feel for today.

I feel so bad for Billie and Todd Fisher. Can't imagine going burying your mother and sister/ mother and grandmother within days of each other. I wonder if Todd ever felt left out of Carrie and Debbie's dynamic, those two were intensely committed to each other it seems. 

• Love 3

From my perspective, it's a blessing. Sort of. I mean, It's a strange connection but a wildly strong one. If my mother had died on the heels of my sister, I would have loved them both through it all. It's not fun to be put in the position of that void. Don't get me wrong, it can be worked through. We have.  But it fucking sucked, too.

Heartbreaking all around, for sure. 

• Love 1

Ok,  so I think I had a kail moment yesterday.  I've been  separated from my husband a few months.  I make sure to keep him updated on our 6 year old.  And make our son available to him,  whenever he wants to see him.  As long it doesn't conflict with our son schedule. So,  Tuesday he shows up after school and asks if he can take our son to dinner.  I was annoyed because he didn't call or text me he just showed up.  I said sure no problem,  we weren't doing anything.  When he brought our son home,  he said" I might have to stop by to look for some papers in the desk.  (taxes urge! )".  I said ok but can you please call or text before you stop over.  He looked at me like I was crazy. And just kind of scoffed yeah.   I have mentioned this to him in the past.  I don't stop by his new place unannounced (I never go there) so,  I'd appreciate it if he'd do the same.  The first time I mentioned it I was a little pissed about something and wonder if he just thought I'd just forget about it. He doesn't do it all the time,  but as time goes on he's doing it more and I'm getting more annoyed the times he does do it.  Idk,  I'm just confused by his thick headedness.  I know I'm not wrong,  I'm just annoyed  and wanted to vent,  lol thanks. 

• Love 5

@Mkay (and any other location fanatics!) You are most likely familiar with these sites but I am posting my favorites ("favoriteses").

http://www.iamnotastalker.com You will get lost in this fun site for hours! Lindsay is incredibly detail-oriented. I would love to just bop around all over the place like she does and write about it! What a life!

http://www.set-jetter.com  and also his blog http://movielocationsandmore.blogspot.com. Robert is very in-depth as well and I really love how he does his best to match up then and now pictures so you have the same perspective.

http://www.itsfilmedthere.com/  What drew me to this site was when I was hunting down locations for the original Assault on Precinct 13. Sadly, a freeway was built atop the location of the most memorable (and horrific) scene. To anyone who knows that movie, I will just say three words: "ice cream truck." YIKES.

My favorite true crime book of all time is Helter Skelter. As you likely know, Vincent Bugliosi gave actual addresses in the book. When I lived in L.A. in the 90's before I had internet, I had to use a Thomas Guide of all things (does anyone know what I'm talking about?! HAHA) to find and visit the locations. I even got to what I location of the cliff where the knife was thrown over. Sadly (yet understandably) Sharon Tate's beautiful ranch home was torn down and replaced with a huge butt-ugly tacky-ass looking monstrosity.

I lived near two of the houses used in Halloween (Lindsey's house and Tommy's house) and was always tickled driving by them.

This site has good Halloween info and much much more:

http://www.thennowmovielocations.com Also good with perspective.

Here are three photos. It's a little embarrassing posting a bikini pic but, hey, I was at the beach!!

Planet of the Apes! One of my top two favorite movies! I even yelled "You maniacs!!!! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hellllll!!!" Hey, I'm all for authenticity! I should have been a bit closer to the cliff but I got tired of walking. BEST MOVIE ENDING EVER.

dume.jpg.505697c0a28e4febd2682d728cee450d.jpg

My son and daughter at the Poltergeist (1982) house this past summer. The neighbor (he was coming home) told me that the original owners still live there and they are fine with fans taking pictures. Luckily people are respectful. I would never trespass at any of these places or try and peek in windows. I heard that the lady who owns the Goonies house in Oregon had to finally stop letting people come anywhere near it because they were acting like disrespectful shitheads and she couldn't take it anymore. Sad.

freeling.jpg.451e151bb70d78b7d46a78c4c0c2651a.jpg

The kids at the Brady house in 2015, which I have visited many times. It's such a cute neighborhood. There's a gigantic, fascinating Brady Bunch section on iamnotastalker.com. If anyone cares, I have autographed pictures of Mike Lookinland that my dad got for me when he was working at Paramount. Mike signed the photos just for me me me! Maybe I will post those, too! Ha ha!

brady.jpg.8c9618e7cb666b237db7b1a2a263b5f3.jpg

Edited by AhFillAck
  • Love 6
29 minutes ago, AhFillAck said:

@Mkay (and any other location fanatics!) You are most likely familiar with these sites but I am posting my favorites ("favoriteses").

http://www.iamnotastalker.com You will get lost in this fun site for hours! Lindsay is incredibly detail-oriented. I would love to just bop around all over the place like she does and write about it! What a life!

http://www.set-jetter.com  and also his blog http://movielocationsandmore.blogspot.com. Robert is very in-depth as well and I really love how he does his best to match up then and now pictures so you have the same perspective.

http://www.itsfilmedthere.com/  What drew me to this site was when I was hunting down locations for the original Assault on Precinct 13. Sadly, a freeway was built atop the location of the most memorable (and horrific) scene. To anyone who knows that movie, I will just say three words: "ice cream truck." YIKES.

My favorite true crime book of all time is Helter Skelter. As you likely know, Vincent Bugliosi gave actual addresses in the book. When I lived in L.A. in the 90's before I had internet, I had to use a Thomas Guide of all things (does anyone know what I'm talking about?! HAHA) to find and visit the locations. I even got to what I location of the cliff where the knife was thrown over. Sadly (yet understandably) Sharon Tate's beautiful ranch home was torn down and replaced with a huge butt-ugly tacky-ass looking monstrosity.

I lived near two of the houses used in Halloween (Lindsey's house and Tommy's house) and was always tickled driving by them.

This site has good Halloween info and much much more:

http://www.thennowmovielocations.com Also good with perspective.

Here are three photos. It's a little embarrassing posting a bikini pic but, hey, I was at the beach!!

Planet of the Apes! One of my top two favorite movies! I even yelled "You maniacs!!!! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hellllll!!!" Hey, I'm all for authenticity! I should have been a bit closer to the cliff but I got tired of walking. BEST MOVIE ENDING EVER.

dume.jpg.79f852cfdf1fd3fc3d7c87f1a00c14d5.jpg

My son and daughter at the Poltergeist (1982) house this past summer. The neighbor (he was coming home) told me that the original owners still live there and they are fine with fans taking pictures. Luckily people are respectful. I would never trespass at any of these places or try and peek in windows. I heard that the lady who owns the Goonies house in Oregon had to finally stop letting people come anywhere near it because they were acting like disrespectful shitheads and she couldn't take it anymore. Sad.

freeling.jpg.22007c22643c2174ef117e10d5ce5190.jpg

The kids at the Brady house in 2015, which I have visited many times. It's such a cute neighborhood. There's a gigantic, fascinating Brady Bunch section on iamnotastalker.com. If anyone cares, I have autographed pictures of Mike Lookinland that my dad got for me when he was working at Paramount. Mike signed the photos just for me me me! Maybe I will post those, too! Ha ha!

brady.jpg.6d07b7a195400b520a80acd7272c3519.jpg

So, me saying I that I squealed and giggled at the pictures, and your planet of the apes picture, you would completely understand?! Love it!! I'm jealous you get to see all the cool stuff. I'm a huge 80's horror fan so love that you've been to the Halloween and Poltergiest houses. 

Im very familiar with Lindsey's site. I love it and jealous of all her fun visits. I've totally imagined going with her.  I mean, she's been inside the Walsh house!! (90210!)  If I ever get to see Aires in California I would love to see the 90210 house, Scream locations, Queen Mary, ugh so many. I ran my family ragged in Washington and I think they are over filming locations.  

How can I post multiple pics like yours? It keeps telling me I'm going over the image size. :/

• Love 2

@Mkay I resize them in Photoshop to no more than 6 inches in width. You can play around with it a bit. Go to Image, resize, then image size (not canvas size) and adjust the width. The height will automatically adjust.

I did drive by the Walsh house many years ago! Also Dylan's house.

I think my favorite TV house is from Family. Did you ever watch that show in the late 70's? Kristy McNichol was in it. The house is at 1230 Milan Avenue in South Pasadena. I LOVE Pasadena and South Pasadena. When I was last there, however, I didn't know the address so I've never seen it in person.

How can anyone be over filming locations?!! I do not understand your family! It's hard to explain why it's so satisfying to me. With the older movies and TV shows, for me it's partly nostalgia. If I see a fence that's still there thirty years later or a tree is nearly the same but just taller, it fills me with contentment somehow. I have a huge affinity with the past. What's really upsetting is seeing things torn down, built up, ruined and completely changed. More on that later....

Can't wait to see your pics!! :-)

Edited by AhFillAck
  • Love 1
15 minutes ago, AhFillAck said:

@McKay I resize them in Photoshop to no more than 6 inches in width. You can play around with it a bit. Go to Image, resize, then image size (not canvas size) and adjust the width. The height will automatically adjust.

I did drive by the Walsh house many years ago! Also Dylan's house.

I think my favorite TV house is from Family. Did you ever watch that show in the late 70's? Kristy McNichol was in it. The house is at 1230 Milan Avenue in South Pasadena. I LOVE Pasadena and South Pasadena. When I was last there, however, I didn't know the address so I've never seen it in person.

How can anyone be over filming locations?!! I do not understand your family! It's hard to explain why it's so satisfying to me. With the older movies and TV shows, for me it's partly nostalgia. If I see a fence that's still there thirty years later or a tree is nearly the same but just taller, it fills me with contentment somehow. I have a huge affinity with the past. What's really upsetting is seeing things torn down, built up, ruined and completely changed. More on that later....

Can't wait to see your pics!! :-)

Oh my goodness Yes!! I'll never understand why someone tears down something from film.  I don't remember family. You are right about the Goonie house so we didn't even try to find it.  Kind of like the Bates Motel house/hotel from the tv show. We didn't watch the series, but we were in Canada so why not see it.  They tore it down last week. I so would have paid a fee to peek in the windows. We had to take this shot while driving by.   

Now that I figured this out a little let me go find more.  

5B63D0E4-4DC1-491A-AFB6-2033CC5CBBCC_zps

Edited by Mkay
  • Love 6