Type keyword(s) to search

Teen Mom 2: Small Talk

• Start Topic

I love his name. I wish baby Blake nothing but health, love and happiness in his life.

Congratulations to your family.

My daughter had her 2 kids, a girl and a boy then she and her husband each got "fixed" so she's done having kids. My son will be 30 in December and his girlfriend of 6 years is 32. I keep telling them that I need a new grandbaby! It's time. Lol.

I just miss having a newborn in the family.

• Love 2

Since there is no Teen Mom 3 thread, I thought I'd put this here.

The witches coven of Briana DeJesus and her sister and mother are going to be on a new VH1 show called Family Therapy.

Farrah and her mother are rumored to be on too.

Sorry, I have no clue how to do a link thingy.

• Love 3

Since there is no Teen Mom 3 thread, I thought I'd put this here.

The witches coven of Briana DeJesus and her sister and mother are going to be on a new VH1 show called Family Therapy.

Farrah and her mother are rumored to be on too.

Sorry, I have no clue how to do a link thingy.

OH Geeeze……

Congrats to Blakes arrival and his playmates on board here. Enjoy Ladies!

My Littles (Grandkids) go home with Nana and Papa blues. Pool, hot tub and snacks on demand and I might have let them pick out the paint for their rooms;) 

Thanks for asking! we are doing pretty well. I am back to work and settling into a routine. Blake will be four months next Saturday. His favorite things are chewing on his hands, and boobs.

• Love 3

I'm here for this show! I've only watched reruns in passing but I recently watched a marathon and Holy Cow it's WAY more interesting than OG! Hell, Leah could have her own show and I'd be entertained! Can't wait for the new season :)))

If any of their former mods are returning, count me out! I also like it here.

This^^^^. One thing I like about PTV, is all the threads are separated so you can have both episode specific discussions, as well as general discussions about the castmembers. In the non-epi threads it's okay to insert personal experiences or what's going on IRT, without you-know-who ripping you a new one and putting you in time out. I'm staying put.

• Love 8

When it first switched over to here, I did not like the separate episodes thread. I read the PTV moderator's post about why they were doing it that way, but I still didn't like it. Over time, I grew to realize that it was a big improvement, and now I can't imagine not having separate threads for each episode.

Like others, I really appreciate the more hands-off moderation here. It feels like just the right amount. I used to hate the "board on board" notifications or the one about not having every single word of my post being about the show.

Thanks for not doing that here mods!!!!

• Love 7

At first I was heartbroken that TWoP was gone but I soon grew to love PTV. I usually post from my phone and sometimes you forget a capital letter or a period. Here, your post doesn't get deleted for that. Also, if you accidentally use "netspeak", you don't get banned.

• Love 1

C of Cinci, I agree. I got so many warnings there- "No Boards on Boards" when I was new. I, too grew to love it here, Nice snark, decent language and super mods.

I also love being able to thumbs up every post I like. I love being off for a few days and having 12 notifications from others!

Edited by jacksgirl
  • Love 1

That's really interesting. I didn't mind the rules, although I do like it here too. I miss the long recaps though, even though I realize this format is more popular.  As I posted in the Maci thread, I started posting there when it was Sars and Wing Chun running the show back in the late 90s. Bu the time the website was shut down, most of the recappers I'd followed were long gone. I wonder how many of them ended up in writing careers- some of them were so talented.

• Love 1

Love it here. Lately though, it feels as if I am reading the same post 20 times in the same thread. That was the only good rule over at TwoP - keeping posters from arguing their point to death.

The best thing about TWOP? The online friendships I made over the years that continue here.

• Love 2

Curious what others think about how these kids (Aubrey, Jace, etc) are going to feel when they get older about their lives and their families lives being broadcast around the world.

For me, this show (and other reality shows with kids) raise interesting questions about children's rights to privacy.

It also raises interesting questions about children being filmed when there is domestic violence or neglect taking place. Its one thing for the producers of the show to take the position that they are just there to film what occurs and not intervene, but how are these kids going to feel when they are older? Is Jace going to ask why no one tried to protect him from all the screaming, or Kaiser being constantly ignored?

I am genuinely curious how the babies from the Teen Mom series are going to feel when they are older.

I came across an article recently about kids' feelings about their parents sharing about them on social media- http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2016/03/08/dont-post-about-me-on-social-media-children-say/  -

Edited by ChristmasJones
  • Love 2

They are all flying to LA today. Filming the reunion show this weekend.

I wouldn't doubt if Javi makes a suprise return home so that it gets filmed.

Edited by Mkay

I was trying to think of who the first kids pretty much raised on reality TV would be to hit an age where they'd be coming out with more thoughts on it, whether it's blogs, books, or whatever.  I was thinking possibly Kate Gosselin's oldest 2?  I can't remember how old they were when they started filming but I think they were pretty young, so I doubt they remember life before cameras too much.

Good question how they'll feel about it all some day. I guess in some sense it might be similar to child actors?  Although even they aren't on nearly as much and it's not their actual life being shown. I think at best it'll be embarrassing for them, and at worst it might really psychologically harm them. Can you imagine when they get to Jr. High and High School when the teasing generally becomes relentless?  Ugh.

With the domestic violence and the neglect, I've often wondered that too. I'm starting to think there needs to be some other layer of protection. I wouldn't go as far as making camera people or producers mandated reporters, but maybe issue some guidelines about when and how they should report these things. In Kaiser's case I don't think it's bad enough (sad to say) to report to anyone because she is meeting his very basic needs in terms of food, shelter, clothing, etc. Although certainly when Nathan was there, there was enough domestic violence going on for the police to be called. It's really sad all the way around.

• Love 2

Good points Nik.

I guess when I mentioned the DV and neglect, I was thinking more about the ethical implications, and how these young kids will feel when they are older.  I know that kids who are abused can have very complicated feelings toward the people who didn't abuse them, but who witnessed or knew about the abuse and did nothing to intervene.

That is where I wonder how Jace will feel when he watches these episodes and he thinks about the crew standing around filming while all of this domestic violence went on around him. I do consider the excessive screaming and anger/conflict between Janelle and Barbara to be DV when it comes to a baby and very young child, although I am sure many would not.

I think for Leah's daughters, some of this footage may be validating for them. They may feel quite confused as they grow older about what their life was actually like when they were young- due to Leah putting such a spin on everything.

Regardless of any negative impact this will have on these kids, it will undoubtedly be very interesting for them to watch their family depicted on TV from when they were born throughout their early childhood.  I wonder if they will feel betrayed by their parents for agreeing to have their childhood filmed, and all of the income their parents earned as well.

• Love 2

Curious what others think about how these kids (Aubrey, Jace, etc) are going to feel when they get older about their lives and their families lives being broadcast around the world.

For me, this show (and other reality shows with kids) raise interesting questions about children's rights to privacy.

It also raises interesting questions about children being filmed when there is domestic violence or neglect taking place. Its one thing for the producers of the show to take the position that they are just there to film what occurs and not intervene, but how are these kids going to feel when they are older? Is Jace going to ask why no one tried to protect him from all the screaming, or Kaiser being constantly ignored?

I am genuinely curious how the babies from the Teen Mom series are going to feel when they are older.

I came across an article recently about kids' feelings about their parents sharing about them on social media- http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2016/03/08/dont-post-about-me-on-social-media-children-say/  -

The day I saw my first "diaper blowout" photo on social media, I decided if I ever have kids, their photos will not go on social media if I have anything to do with it. There will be private, password-protected albums for family members, and they'll be asked not to share the photos on social media before they're given the password. Obviously I wouldn't be able to stop them from doing what they wanted, but I would hope that they'd honor the request. Way I see it, if you're not close enough to me to call me and come over to see the baby in person, you really don't need to know what she looks like anyway.

People treat kids like adorable props, but they're small humans and we're raising them to be functioning adults. To that end, I want my future kids, should I have any, to be able to dictate their own online presence. Sure, I'd oversee their Internet usage once they were old enough to use it, but I wouldn't be adding any photos of them before they're old enough to have their own accounts and be able to police their own presence on the Internet. Just like I wouldn't force my kid to sit on Creepy Uncle Jack's lap if she doesn't want to, I also wouldn't allow her image to be broadcast to what amounts to dozens of casual acquaintances. Most of my interaction with close friends and family--those who I'd want to see my kids regularly--happens offline anyway.

No judgment on people who broadcast their kids' photos and info; it's just my personal preference.

• Love 5

Sister Patterson (mother of Flavor of Love contestant Tiffany New York Pollard) read Brianna from TM 3 pretty good on the show Family Therapy.  I would love to see her host the reunions!  I'm so sad Farrah wasn't allowed to do that show.

• Love 2

I can't stand Briana and her witchy man hating mother but that nasty ass, horrible Patterson freak show has no business telling (not sure what reading means) anybody about anything.                                  She's a horrible excuse for a human being.   I've never wanted to punch somebody  like I want to punch her ugly face.   She can keep her opinions about anybody to herself. 

• Love 3

All throughout her speech on parenting I was yelling BUT YOUR DAUGHTER WAS ON FLAVOR OF LOVE in my head!!!!  Have a seat.

The timing also sucked- the girls were going through something huge and emotional.

• Love 3

Sister Patterson (mother of Flavor of Love contestant Tiffany New York Pollard) read Brianna from TM 3 pretty good on the show Family Therapy.  I would love to see her host the reunions!  I'm so sad Farrah wasn't allowed to do that show.

I would LOVE to see Sister Patterson read Farrah for filth.  

• Love 2
On 5/5/2016 at 7:24 AM, Elizabeth9 said:

Or Jenelle.  Or Leah.

omg, I would so watch this.

How about every week, they have a brief sketch on the after show, some person's take on the week's episode.  Could be a comedian, could be Sister Patterson....she'd be funny as hell to watch.  I would listen to her comments about all of them, lol.

• Love 1