Type keyword(s) to search

Teen Mom 2: Small Talk

• Start Topic

The Small Talk topic is for:

• Introductions
  • Off-topic chatter
  • Having virtual tea with forum buddies

This is NOT a topic for actual show discussion. When you want to talk about the show:

1. Figure out the nature of the topic you want to talk about
  2. Look for an existing topic that matches or fits
  3. If there is NOT an existing topic that fits, CREATE ONE!

Examples of topics that populate show forums include (but by no means are limited to):

• Character topics
  • Episode topics
  • Season topics
  • Spoiler topics
  • Speculation topics
  • In the Media topics
  • Favourite X topics
  • ...you get the idea

Happy trails beyond Small Talk!

Wow, that trailer, nothing changes for those girls, does it? Except they keep adding more babies to their lunacy.

They all look like shit, Leah in particular is looking especially haggard, I guess the constant tanning, bad hair, horrible tattoos and 40 pounds of makeup have finally caught up to them.

Also, if Kailyn ever finds herself low on cash, she should consider renting herself out as a professional mourner, girl can turn on tears like nobody's business.

• Love 1

Hey everybody.  This thread is for talking about anything and everything except the show.  Check out the first post in the thread for more information.  Thanks.

(edited)

duhhh, sorry, Curious! my observational skills have clearly suffered with age. May I start a new thread for general S5 discussion?

Edit: read the post above AGAIN and see that yes, I should. So I shall. :)

Edited by bref

I just wanted to jump on this thread and say how nice it is to have a place to talk about this show. I am currently so obsessed... I had stopped watching a few years ago. I had binged watched the first two seasons back in 2012 on Netflix... but had a hard time catching up with Season 3, since it wasn't as accessible. Then this year I saw a preview right before the first episode and have been watching it on Hulu and  watching the new one's as they come. My DH is not a very big fan, so while I can talk to him about it, and he knows the major players, he's just not as there as I am. So I was happy to find a forum where everyone else was talking about it as well!!!! :D 

• Love 2

I know! I'd much rather talk about the show on the forums than actually watch it. But I have to at least somewhat watch it if I want to participate so...

I'm also nearly nine months pregnant. I am due in 18 days and my concentration is beyond shot. Hope my company never has a reason to pull my internet usage.

• Love 6

CONGRATS TATUM!!!! -super big hugs offered- 

I have to say that because of this show I have gotten major baby fever and my husband and I are talking about having a second child. We have a daughter who is 6, and we never really thought we would have another, but here I am with crazy baby fever!!! I can't help that all these little one's on this show just are so darn adorable!!

Also I am catching up to the current season but I usually skip ALL of Kail's segments, and some of Leahs.... If they don't involve the girls much or Corey! (Or Jeff... Hey good lookin ;) )

• Love 1

I skip Jenelle's and most of Kail's. Too screechy. I actually used to prefer Teen Mom OG to TM2, until last season's snoozefest, when all we could talk about was what a loser Maci was and that was pretty much it.

Congratulations Tatum!

I just want to tell all of you new moms something. I know you've probably heard it a million times but its so, so true...

Enjoy and relish every minute of your kids being young. Before you know it you look around your house and its empty. They grow too damn fast.

I was a teen mom. I had 2 kids and was widowed (he was abusive and I had just escaped) by the time I was 21.

It was just me and my kids.

I remember my 30th birthday like it was yesterday. I remember every single thing about it including what I wore, so how the hell is it possible that my youngest turns 30 in December?!

Enjoy every moment. One day your house is full of your kids and their friends and all of the fun chaos that comes with it. The next day its so quiet you want to cry.

I would give ANYTHING to go back and do it all again. Just one more time.

Edited by Maharincess
  • Love 5

Congratulations Tatum!

I just want to tell all of you new moms something. I know you've probably heard it a million times but its so, so true...

Enjoy and relish every minute of your kids being young. Before you know it you look around your house and its empty. They grow too damn fast.

I was a teen mom. I had 2 kids and was widowed (he was abusive and I had just escaped) by the time I was 21.

I remember my 30th birthday like it was yesterday. I remember every single thing about it including what I wore, so how the hell is it possible that my youngest turns 30 in December?!

Enjoy every moment. One day your house is full of your kids and their friends and all of the fun chaos that comes with it. The next day its so quiet you want to cry.

I am with you! I am an empty nester and recently divorced after 30 years. House was always full of our three plus friends. Where did the time go!? But my first grandbaby shows up soon :).

• Love 1

Congratulations Tatum!

Thanks Maharincess.  I'm 6 weeks pregnant and emotional and you totally made me burst into tears at work :-P

• Love 2

Aw thanks guys! I am 12 days away from a repeat c-section with my second (and last) baby.

I am with you! I am an empty nester and recently divorced after 30 years. House was always full of our three plus friends. Where did the time go!? But my first grandbaby shows up soon :).

My mom LOVES being a grandma. I'm an only child and my mom worked all the time when I was growing up, so we weren't that close until I was maybe in my mid to late teens. I think she had some regrets after I left for college and took becoming an empty nester pretty hard. But she lives and breathes for my daughter now.

Congratulations Tatum!

Do you have grandkids yet? Your youngest is a couple years younger than me (32 this month). Like I said above, I think my mom enjoys being a grandma even more than she enjoyed being a parent. My daughter worships her grandma.

• Love 1

Maharincess, I just want to say I enjoy & appreciate your posts about your personal experiences as a teen mom and I wish we'd see a teen mom more like you on this show.

I had our first/only son late last fall. It's been the fastest eight months of my life. He is exploring and crawling (and trying to walk!) and no longer wants to just cuddle all the time with mommy (or daddy). I already find myself thinking "where did my little cuddly baby boy go?". I try to live more in the moment since his birth and really take in where he's at during each developmental stage....but it all goes by so quickly and he's already grown so much! It's so cool to see him explore the world but it's already kind of sad that his time as a little tiny baby are already over so fast! And I know it's just going to continue to speed up and before I know it, he'll be grown.

I know a lot of these girls are overwhelmed by where they find themselves in life - even if it's because of their own poor choices (heck, sometimes I feel overwhelmed by the one unexpected "surprise" but very much welcomed & adored child I have with my husband of several years, and I'm in my early 30s, employed, & went to grad school) - but I hope they are able to savor the moments with their kids that are flying by amongst the added chaos of the MTV cameras, relationship drama, etc. And of course, shame on Jenelle in particular for seemingly not caring about being there to share those moments with Jace. When my son was born, one of the most amazing things after the medical staff placed my baby on my chest/in my army after his birth was the immediate, overpowering bond I felt with him. I had a somewhat difficult pregnancy (and I HATED being pregnant) and didn't feel like had bonded with my baby while I was pregnant. As soon as I looked at him, I felt the most overwhelming pure, and unconditional love I've ever felt. I didn't know such a love existed. The whole world seemed to melt away when I looked at him for the first time, like my baby and I were the only people in the universe and everyone else was background noise. I love my husband, but the love for my baby was like nothing else I've ever felt. I remember thinking in the hours after his birth (since I spent several hours wide awake just staring at him) that I was even more perplexed by how Jenelle seemed to have NO attachment to Jace, especially when he was such a tiny infant. (I had watched a LOT of old TM2 while waiting to go into labor - I went nearly 2 weeks overdue and had to be induced.)

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 4

Janelle showed zero emotion after both births. I think that set the tone for her "parenting" style.

MyPeopleAreNordic, you described exactly how I felt as well. Hated being pregnant, had a rough pregnancy, and my first born was late and didn't breathe after birth. It was insane. I had just turned 19, too. He's 21 now. I love every single second of his life. I would do it all over again and not change one thing. Even the tears, broken heart, broken bones, and scary times. They are just as important as the smiles, giggles, belly laughs, and pranks. It's bittersweet to see them go off on their own but if you think about it, our children are only children for a short time. We are parents forever. Just do the best you can, know that you WILL screw things up sometimes, and live in every moment. Even the not so fun ones. It's all totally worth it.

And to all the parents here: never feel bad if you choose to build a fort, read books, tell stories, eat donuts for dinner, or play dress up, or go to bed with dirty toes instead of washing dishes and doing laundry every now and then. Nobody will remember the dishes and laundry anyway. :)

• Love 3

Aw thanks guys! I am 12 days away from a repeat c-section with my second (and last) baby.

My mom LOVES being a grandma. I'm an only child and my mom worked all the time when I was growing up, so we weren't that close until I was maybe in my mid to late teens. I think she had some regrets after I left for college and took becoming an empty nester pretty hard. But she lives and breathes for my daughter now.

Do you have grandkids yet? Your youngest is a couple years younger than me (32 this month). Like I said above, I think my mom enjoys being a grandma even more than she enjoyed being a parent. My daughter worships her grandma.

Oh yeah, I have 2 grandkids. Being a grandma is the best thing in the world. My granddaughter spends the night with me once a week and we have so much fun. My grandson is still a little young and rambunctious to spend the night yet but he spends lots of days with me. One kid will get ao mad if the other gets to go to grandma's house and they don't.

They LOVE their grandma. Being a grandma is something I know I'm good at!

One of the best parts is when my daughter calls me and she's frustrated about something the kids are doing and I laugh at the paybacks. It's awesome.

Edit: My granddaughter is spending the night with me tonight. My daughter said she's had her little suitcase packed for 2 days. She's driving her mom and dad crazy by asking if its time to go yet every 5 minutes.

I think my house is boring, I don't know why the kids love it here so much. It couldn't be the non stop playing and laughing or the Twinkies for dinner and ice cream for breakfast could it?

Edited by Maharincess
  • Love 3

Edit: My granddaughter is spending the night with me tonight. My daughter said she's had her little suitcase packed for 2 days. She's driving her mom and dad crazy by asking if its time to go yet every 5 minutes.

I think my house is boring, I don't know why the kids love it here so much. It couldn't be the non stop playing and laughing or the Twinkies for dinner and ice cream for breakfast could it?

OMG, my daughter is the same way. Every couple of minutes- when is Gramma coming again? Also, last month my mom drove up and the plan was to pick her up from daycare, and take her to a hotel for the weekend so husband and I could get the house baby ready without a preschooler underfoot. My daughter approached every.single.person. at her daycare (the kids in her class, the kids in the older class, and every teacher she came across) that Gramma was coming to get her and they were going to a hotel with a pool. The bad news is I have to deal with a Gramma hangover every time we leave her house or she leaves ours (we live 5 hours apart).

Next Wed is the big day! Assuming I don't go into labor on my own this week (39 weeks). I am excited and nervous!

• Love 2

OMG, my daughter is the same way. Every couple of minutes- when is Gramma coming again? Also, last month my mom drove up and the plan was to pick her up from daycare, and take her to a hotel for the weekend so husband and I could get the house baby ready without a preschooler underfoot. My daughter approached every.single.person. at her daycare (the kids in her class, the kids in the older class, and every teacher she came across) that Gramma was coming to get her and they were going to a hotel with a pool. The bad news is I have to deal with a Gramma hangover every time we leave her house or she leaves ours (we live 5 hours apart).

Next Wed is the big day! Assuming I don't go into labor on my own this week (39 weeks). I am excited and nervous!

Heard 'at on the grandma hangover. SMH.

What is a grandma hangover?

My boys get the grandma hangover too, in their case it is grumpiness from late nights and too much junk food. Some days I swear my mum does it just so she can say "see what i went through, now it is your turn" when I complain. On the flip side it really has made me appreciate my parents a lot more since I became a parent myself.

• Love 1

I just saw there's a new British reality show called Baby Faced Mums which I thought was sort of hilarious. The British make everything sound better including Teen Mom.

Canned food or tinned food?

sweater or jumper?

the mall or the shops?

Light bulb or globes?

Seriously, it's not even a contest.

Edited by Soobs
  • Love 3

Congrats Tatum!!!!

This thread is the best thing I've read all day. I happen to be pregnant too 13.5 weeks. It's been a rough road and I'm not taking anything for granted, but so far so good and I'm so happy to get this chance. I think the thing I'm most looking forward to is seeing my parents getting to be Grandma and Grandpa.

I will say one thing for Teen Mom 2. It gives me someplace to legitimately scream and yell when I'm feeling all hormonal.

• Love 5

Animalnurse, that's fantastic!!!! What awesome news!! Babies!

I wish you the very best of luck on this incredible journey.

Tell your parents that they are in for the best time of their lives. Everything they've heard about how great it is to be a grandparent...tell them its even better than what they have heard!

I'm so happy for you!

• Love 1

So I might be out of the loop with this mess for a while. I'm currently in Berlin, spending the semester abroad (been here since Monday) and mtv.de only has the first 5 seasons. Not sure where else I can get the episodes. I tried mtv.com and hulu. So I'll just keep entertained with you guyses and girlses snarkfests.

Side note, Berlin's an incredible city. Would recommend it to all without hesitation.

• Love 4

So I might be out of the loop with this mess for a while. I'm currently in Berlin, spending the semester abroad (been here since Monday) and mtv.de only has the first 5 seasons. Not sure where else I can get the episodes. I tried mtv.com and hulu. So I'll just keep entertained with you guyses and girlses snarkfests.

Side note, Berlin's an incredible city. Would recommend it to all without hesitation.

If you are student, many universities offer their students access to VPNs which would allow you to view US-only content. You can also download the Hola extension to get around those pesky "not available in your country" messages. Wo ein Wille ist, ist auch ein Weg.

And you're right about Berlin. I'm actually living here, too!

Edited by nowahuta
  • Love 1

Really?! Get out! I'm in Kreuzberg, absolutely love it here.

And thank you for the information on Hola. I'll look into that. Not sure if my university will provide that, but I'll ask! Danke!

Aw thanks guys! I had a 7 pound, 13 oz baby boy wed morning, no complications. The physical recovery has been quite a bit harder than last time- lets just say Leah is not the only one enjoying narcotics these days- but mentally I'm doing so much better this time. My daughter is so far loving being a big sister.

Thanks for checking in- you guys are the best!

• Love 10

This is great news to read! Congrats Tatum to you and your family. Glad to read all went well. Take it easy.

Now remember, no Mountain Dew or Cheetos for your son's first three months. Let his first tooth sprout out before you do that. :-)

• Love 3

This is great news to read! Congrats Tatum to you and your family. Glad to read all went well. Take it easy.

Now remember, no Mountain Dew or Cheetos for your son's first three months. Let his first tooth sprout out before you do that. :-)

And Cheetos are best served poured out on the floor.

• Love 2

Can we have just his first name? If not I understand. If it helps, my son's name is Daniel, he prefers Dan and even though he's almost 30, I will always and forever call him "my Bubba Baby".

I'm so happy for you. Take those pain pills and get some rest.

Edited by Maharincess

His first name is Blake. :)

Thanks for all the well wishes! Percocet is awesome but I'm trying to wean down now.

I will wait until he reaches 3 months before sharing my morning coffee with him.

• Love 6

Congrats!

Is anyone else unable to find this show on iTunes now? I've been downloading every week and now it's gone! This week too- with Nathan in the police car.

I have a YouTube link if you like.  MTV Australia is so far behind that we might only be up to the second or third episode.  I end up trawling YouTube for the episode before it gets taken down for copyright infringement. This week I watched it on 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mc-ebfVs3Aw

His first name is Blake. :)

Thanks for all the well wishes! Percocet is awesome but I'm trying to wean down now.

I will wait until he reaches 3 months before sharing my morning coffee with him.

Blessings to baby Blake.

Give Blake that big cup of coffee! 

Cheetos are best served poured out on the floor.

Yes, we want Blake walking around as quickly as possible.

• Love 1