Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E05: Bill's Birthday Surprise

• Start Topic

A trip to a pumpkin patch helps Will and Zoey learn about Halloween before Bill has to leave for back surgery. Later, Bill gets a surprise from Jen and the kids for his 40th birthday.

Please use the episode threads for discussion of this week's installment. General chatter is welcome in the Humans thread. Thanks.

I wonder if Judy retiring means that they won't need the nanny now as much if at all. I can certainly see that Jen's parents enjoy taking care of their grandbabies. I guess now it makes sense why they joined the family for the CPR lessons and paid such close attention to what to do and what not.

All the kid moments this episode were just so much fun. I love that Jen showed off her Mommy smarts by keeping bubbles handy to distract the kids with when they get fussy.

Those pictures were just so perfect. All those little smiles and grins were too precious for words.

The scenes where Bill, Jen and the kids were decorating the pumpkins and then seeing Jen and the kids give Bill his gift of the photography session really was touching. Seeing how much they all love him and each other is so beautiful.

I just can't help but laugh when the kids answer so many questions with a "No" even though they often don't mean it. Zoey especially sounds so serious, her little voice is too cute.

Will kills me, just slays me, when he says "Baill", like he's right off the farm.

I thought the surprise birthday party was a great celebration for Bill, especially with his surgery to come the next day. I can't think Of any better medicine for him than having his little ones there with him.

The video montage was so well done, it's those sorts of gifts that I believe people truly treasure. That sense of family and love and togetherness. It clearly touched Bill deeply, and I admit my eyes got a bit wet along with his, heh.

I know it's often said how lucky Jen is to have Bill but he is also lucky to have her, and I love how the rest of the family repeated that openly, because from what I've seen she's just as attentive and caring and devoted a wife to him as he's a husband to her. 

I can't believe the finale is next week already.

• Love 13

It was nice to see everyone come together & let Bill know how special he is to them.

I would like to see Jen just get on the floor & play with her kids like Bill does. Kids love that. I wonder if it ever bothers her how loving the kids are with Bill & seems to mostly prefer him. She seems to try so hard making plans for the kids all the time to make them happy. I really wish she would just take a deep breath and play. Then again it's easy for me to say because I'm not the one being filmed.

Kinda scary how easily Jen almost fell holding Zoey. I hope that never happens of course.

• Love 2

Did I hear that Kate the babysitter was in New York with them?  As well as Dave and Judy? If yes, that's surprising to me. I'm trying to figure out why she'd be needed with two grandparents already there. Not being critical - honestly just wondering. My parents herded six kids - all born with seven years - around for quite a while. Just the two of them. Granted, none of us were short-statured. But is this a generational change or something? Some kind of consensus thinking that when in public, there should be at least one adult for every child under a certain age? Or maybe I've just been watching too much TLC?

Edited by NausetGirl
  • Love 1

Did I hear that Kate the babysitter was in New York with them?  As well as Dave and Judy? If yes, that's surprising to me. I'm trying to figure out why she'd be needed with two grandparents already there. Not being critical - honestly just wondering. My parents herded six kids - all born with seven years - around for quite a while. Just the two of them. Granted, none of us were short-statured. But is this a generational change or something? Some kind of consensus thinking that when in public, there should be at least one adult for every child under a certain age? Or maybe I've just been watching too much TLC?

I'd guess they brought Kate along since she is the nanny and Dave and Judy aren't. Yes, it's nice they were able to come, but I don't think they retired to only watch the kids. And since Bill was having major surgery, they would want to spend time in the hospital with Jen waiting, but two small children aren't going to be the best in a waiting room for long periods of time. 

• Love 15

I just caught up on all the episodes and I just love these kids and this family.

The love they have for each other is evident on screen. The pictures and video were both great idea and nicely done. Great keepsakes.

I can believe Bill is a rock for his extended family and friends.

I would be just as bad as the grandparents having Will, say Ba-ill. Makes me giggle each time. I remember my daughter doing this and my nieces/nephews at the age tgwy arr doing it currently.

Edited by BestestAuntEver
  • Love 4

There's a moment in the hotel room with the grandparents and the kids where Will is being asked about what he wants to have that night, chocolate is mentioned by Judy of course heh, and he says he wants "Mommy and Daddy" and I thought that was so sweet.

I just caught up on all the episodes and I just love these kids and this family.

The love they have for each other is evident on screen. The pictures and video were both great idea and nicely done. Great keepsakes.

I can believe Bill is a rock for his extended family and friends.

I would be just as bad as the grandparents having Will, say Ba-ill. Makes me giggle each time. I remember my daughter doing this and my nieces/nephews at the age tgwy arr doing it currently.

I couldn't agree with your post more BestestAuntEver, Bill does seem like the kind of guy who strives to make sure the people in his life are protected and well cared for. He appears to be a man with a huge heart.

And I too enjoyed how they got him to say Bill's name because of how he pronounces it, and it was even cuter that he first responded with "Daddy" because of course that's Bill's first name to his little boy, heh.

Also Will told Bill at the party that he would "help" with his birthday cake and that to me was just golden, heh.

• Love 6

I assume that Jen would be at the hospital most of the time, likely with at least one of her parents and maybe Bill's parents as well, and she would need someone to consistently watch the children. I suppose her parents could spend a bulk of their time  watching the grandchildren, but they are older, and they might not have the energy for that, particularly if Bill had complications and needs a longer hospital stay. I think it was a good call to have a nanny there.

Can I just say that Zoey is a doll? She is so cute. I love how she says 'no' to everything.

• Love 4

I am coming down, and I mean really down (see how I used that for emphasis, Honey?!)  from a 5 day marathon of The Wire.  The only way I made it through was knowing this package of goodness was waiting on my DVR for me.  Changed my mood from KILL, KILL, KILL to LOVE, LOVE, LOVE in 2 seconds flat.  :-)

This entire episode brought tears to my eyes, and they were tears of joy.  Seeing this family share respect, love and happiness makes my heart want to bust out of my chest (if I have to die suddenly, please let it be while watching this kind of goodness, and please feed my cats & critters!). 

Oh, and best birthday video - ever.

This little family has what I've longed for my entire life.  Put this in a pill and I'd be an addict.

ETA - and put either Jen or Bill in a pill and I'd be a parent of many adopted children.

Edited by walnutqueen
  • Love 13

I think it was raining in my house.  My cheeks were wet while I was watched the video.  Jen takes a lot of flak here.  But it's evident these are people who love each other deeply.  I take care of you and you take care of me.  It's what marriage is all about.  Bill and Jen have that in spades.  Sure they have a lot of material things.  But they have had their share of trials and difficult times.  And they have come out the other side with the knowledge of what's really important.  What more can you ask for in life?

• Love 15

It was a nice episode but there were a few things that really concerned me. Zoey hit Jen TWICE during the photoshoot and Jen said and did nothing except get bubbles. She should not let either of those kids get away with hitting her or even slapping at her. Even the photographer said the kids were in charge. That shouldnt be. I am not a fan of Judy but i have to give Judy credit because when BOTH of the kids kept saying NO to whatever she or her husband asked during the course of the episode, she immediately corrected them saying YES.  I really am starting to wonder if Jen can handle those kids...

• Love 7

Taking kids to a photography session is asking for stress! You want them to be perfect and clean and in a great mood- but they feel the parents anxiety. I swear the most stressed I used to get when my boys were babies and toddlers was taking them to Sears for photos. I would have to plan the nursing, the snack, the nap, the bath and then hope they didn't melt down..Which of course they would because they felt my stress .Why does Jen do this to herself? Then again I guess she has to hire a professional because her photos are tragic. Love all the ones she has with the basketball pole growing out of their heads. 

I bet Bill was not really surprised, he didn't seem it.

• Love 2

Zoey wasn't aiming for Jen or striking her, she was hitting at one of the letters that spelled "Baba" that they wanted her to hold and she was clearly over holding, heh. She had reached a cranky point and didn't want to shoot anymore, then Jen distracted her and cut through her tantrum with the bubbles. I saw nothing indicating that Jen wasn't handling the situation just fine.

It appeared to me that Zoey was a cranky three year old sick and tired of being poised and told to hold letters. But since Jen wanted the shoot to continue and end the drama she took a peaceful approach when handling Zoey that clearly worked and nipped her fit in the bud.

Why risk making her breakdown even worse and end the shoot early if she could blow some bubbles and make Zoey start to smile and laugh and realize that taking a few more pictures wasn't so bad.

• Love 17

Last season they did 16 shows. I think they showed the first 6 early to fill the hole left by Honey Boo Boo and the rest will be shown in March as originally scheduled. I'm not positive though.

And the shows have gone from 30 to 60 minutes so same amount of air time?

Planned portraits are a crap shoot.  You can plan everything for weeks or months, and then the day comes and the kids are cranky, just not having it, someone is sick, another one falls the night before and has a giant cut or bruise, someone's outfit is suddenly scratchy, and you want to kill your self or the kids before it even starts. Jen should have given up with the letters after 10 minutes, but the picture of Zoey blowing bubbles was just too cute. 

• Love 3

Jen was holding the letter and Zoey hit Jen's arm. The second time she slapped at Jen and there was no letter involved. Still not ok. Oh and i forgot to mention that Jen asked Zoey "Please" when Jen wanted to go to the pumpkin patch. Jen has got to stop asking these kids if its ok to to do this and that. She has got to be the authority figure, especially while Bill is recuperating from surgery.

• Love 3

I think it's been almost two years since they adopted and Bill and Jen seem to be no closer to understanding how to handle their children in certain situations. I think maybe parenting classes or family counseling would help. I think at this point there are some things that need to be addressed. A professional could help them handle them.

Thanks for posting the video link, auntl. Loved Jen's dad's story of his first meeting of Bill.

Regarding the above, my daughter will be 22 in April and I still don't know how to handle certain situations. I was just questioning the way I handled her last Friday and whether or not I should give in or hold to my stance. She's not perfect but she is a good girl and I believe she has the foundation to be a decent productive citizen. Although she is slated to graduate in may she still has some growing up and maturing to do.

To me parenting has it's contants yet it continually evolves and has to be fluid.

• Love 8

Did I hear that Kate the babysitter was in New York with them?  As well as Dave and Judy?

You can actually see Kate in the background with Zoey, around the time Judy says ".....her little dimples..." and the phone rings. Kate has been a big part of their "family" and I did not see a problem with her being there. I don't see them getting rid of Kate now that we know Judy is retired. Remember, Kate is not their live-in Nanny & I'm sure Bill and Jen like to give her days off from time to time.

Also, there needed to be someone who knows how to settle Will or Zoey down (quickly) when they are nervous. Like the plane ride. Kate has been with each child from the start. Who better to bring with Grandma & Grandpa. ;-)

This episode was very heartwarming. Cue the tears for the video. They are a very nice couple who really love each other. That is something TLC cannot edit or script. ;-)

I bet Bill was not really surprised, he didn't seem it.

I was thinking that Will or Zoey talked about the day at the studio. It is hard to keep little ones from keeping something that will end up with "cake" a secret. ;-)

• Love 4

I assume that Jen would be at the hospital most of the time, likely with at least one of her parents and maybe Bill's parents as well, and she would need someone to consistently watch the children. I suppose her parents could spend a bulk of their time  watching the grandchildren, but they are older, and they might not have the energy for that, particularly if Bill had complications and needs a longer hospital stay. I think it was a good call to have a nanny there.

Can I just say that Zoey is a doll? She is so cute. I love how she says 'no' to everything.

I think if you can afford to take a nanny with you, it is great. Then Jen's parents can be there for whomever needs them. I'm guessing Bill's parents will be there much of the time as well. Since they must travel so far for surgery, it is wonderful that they can still have their supportive family around them. 

• Love 6

I agree, this was a great episode.  Will and Zoey get along so well with their extended family and I know they can't possibly see the long distance relatives all the time.  Those kids feel all the love and they return it.  They are over the moon for their mom and dad too!

I wouldn't worry at all about Zoey hitting or pushing Jen away.  That is such a normal thing for a little one to do.  I always thought that my kids were worse at 3 than they were during their terrible twos.  They get so independent.  I did day care for several years and the parents would come to pick up their little ones and the kiddies would run, scream and swat at moms and dads because they wouldn't want to leave my house.  The parents knew not to take it personally.  All of those kids grew up to be great people too.  I would have loved to take care of Will and Zoey, but I think Kate is doing a fantastic job!  

• Love 5

Jen was holding the letter and Zoey hit Jen's arm. The second time she slapped at Jen and there was no letter involved. Still not ok. Oh and i forgot to mention that Jen asked Zoey "Please" when Jen wanted to go to the pumpkin patch. Jen has got to stop asking these kids if its ok to to do this and that. She has got to be the authority figure, especially while Bill is recuperating from surgery.

I didn't see Zoey strike Jen specifically myself, I saw her first hit the letter then try and hit it again when Jen pulled it back from her while asking her to be a "good girl for Mommy", which was only going to get her one response at that point.

Cranky three year olds, possibly in need of a snack or nap or both, are about as easy to reason and deal with as a hungry lion while wearing a meat suit, it's often a losing battle before it begins so what I thought was note worthy the most was the way Jen stayed calm and managed to salvage the shoot without much of a fuss. Zoey was headed for straight meltdown territory imho, Jen headed her off at the pass in a rather ingenious fashion.

And imo Jen asking the kids to do things or if they like something in certain situations just isn't that big of a deal.

They were at a pumpkin patch, the whole point was to have some fun, if Jen wanted to ask Zoey what she wanted to do for fun to me that's harmless. If it were a situation involving something serious or important then certainly a child should know when they are being told what to do, when they are being expected to obey and listen, etc.

But if a little girl is asked if she wants to go and pick out a pumpkin it''s a fair question to ask imo, especially since Zoey apparently didn't give a flying flip about those pumpkins, heh. It happens. Jen wants to expose the kids to all sorts of holidays and new experiences, but I see nothing wrong if she wants feedback from them as well about what they may or may not like or care to do.

She is still free as Mommy to have the final say and to impress upon them that it's something they will do or should at least try which she usually does and they then do it and then that's it, no harm no foul.

Just like as we saw they still ended up picking out pumpkins so the trip proved a success and later on Zoey seemed to have fun getting to decorate her pumpkin as well.

Jen may not be the firmest mother in the world but what I see is a woman finding out which approach, and why, works best for her children.

Edited by CPP83
  • Love 14

I would definitely agree about the "asking" mentality. I was in management training a while back and one of the instructors continually stressed that supervisors should - in order to gain and retain employees' respect - phrase requests as questions, rather than commands. This could well be when Jen could be coming from with this. I could see her taking that tack in her work at the hospital. That and the fact that I think she's just an agreeable and well-mannered person overall. But there is a way to be firm with children, without being bossy or overly-stern. "OK now we're going to sit down here and get our pictures taken. Come on, Will. Come on, Zoey." Because no doubt about it, Will and Zoey do need to learn that Bill and Jen are the ones in charge. 

• Love 1

This episode bored me. Yet another "aren't we having fun?" outing. Mind you, I'm responding as a viewer. Jen and Bill probably had a grand old time in the pumpkin patch, and Zoey enjoyed the ponies. And the birthday "surprise" was  fine. Except for the information on Bill's condition and seeing how more advanced Zoey's verbal skills are compared to her brother's, it was just another lavish extravaganza featuring dessert.

The slice-of-life episodes are far more engaging for me.

• Love 2

Zoey had absolutely zero concept of what pumpkins were for and couldn't care less about picking one out, but she certainly knew what ponies were and that she likes them. Plus, Jen used ponies as the incentive to get her out the door so that's what Zoey was concerned about. I know there's an awful lot of people who apparently had perfectly behaved kids 100% of the time who never threw fits or didn't want to cooperate or never went limp and threw themselves on the floor, but I've personally yet to meet those kids and I think Jen did fine at the pumpkin patch. And not for nothing, the pony lady did what I love to call stranger distraction. I managed stores for almost 20 years and I can't tell you how many times I would walk up to a screaming banshee child in a shopping cart and start asking them if they were crying and pitching a fit in my store, don't you like my store, it looks like you have fun stuff in the cart, that kind of thing, and 9 times out of 10, the kid was so surprised a stranger was acknowledging their fit, it shocks them into being quiet or cooperative. It even worked with babies. I would chat with the kids and mom for a few minutes and tell the mom stranger distraction always works for me. Oh, and if you can get a little girl to show you her shoes, you are golden. They love their shoes, they usually have sparkles, lights, fun colors, or Disney characters and they forget all about their screaming to show them off. I have a feeling Zoey will be a big fan of her shoes. Pony lady had the distraction element and a pony? Hell, I'd want to be uncooperative to see the pony too! LOL! 

• Love 14

fostersmom, I did a quick "shh" to a screaming baby in a store not too long ago, and the kid clammed right up and stared at me, puzzled. Everyone standing in line got a kick out of that.

Fog, maybe Jen is learning to let it go. Kids (and pets) will do that to you.

• Love 3

Will drops the pumpkin on the floor and I was not only surprised it didn't crack open but surprised Jen didn't react.  It was Bill who heard it and asked if Will had let it drop and she said yes like "so what."  Weird.

I'm willing to bet Jen was using this as an opportunity to show that she's making an effort to ease up on her OCD, as far as the kids are concerned at least. Maybe even that it would have been OK with her if the pumpkin HAD broken open.  ??

• Love 1

Zoey had absolutely zero concept of what pumpkins were for and couldn't care less about picking one out, but she certainly knew what ponies were and that she likes them. Plus, Jen used ponies as the incentive to get her out the door so that's what Zoey was concerned about. I know there's an awful lot of people who apparently had perfectly behaved kids 100% of the time who never threw fits or didn't want to cooperate or never went limp and threw themselves on the floor, but I've personally yet to meet those kids and I think Jen did fine at the pumpkin patch. And not for nothing, the pony lady did what I love to call stranger distraction. I managed stores for almost 20 years and I can't tell you how many times I would walk up to a screaming banshee child in a shopping cart and start asking them if they were crying and pitching a fit in my store, don't you like my store, it looks like you have fun stuff in the cart, that kind of thing, and 9 times out of 10, the kid was so surprised a stranger was acknowledging their fit, it shocks them into being quiet or cooperative. It even worked with babies. I would chat with the kids and mom for a few minutes and tell the mom stranger distraction always works for me. Oh, and if you can get a little girl to show you her shoes, you are golden. They love their shoes, they usually have sparkles, lights, fun colors, or Disney characters and they forget all about their screaming to show them off. I have a feeling Zoey will be a big fan of her shoes. Pony lady had the distraction element and a pony? Hell, I'd want to be uncooperative to see the pony too! LOL! 

Very insightful. And kids that can be hushed by a nice friendly lady that comes up to them just to talk? That's proof that nothing was really wrong with the child in the first place, nothing that warranted tears at least. Especially screaming banshee tears. The child was just a tad lonely, feeling forgotten. And that the child was - unwittingly - manipulating the situation to gain attention. In these cases, it didn't even need to be the parent's attention - anyone being nice was just fine as far as the child was concerned.  PS - little girls do indeed love their shoes, especially new ones - which never fail to be big news items at school the next day... :>)

Edited by NausetGirl
  • Love 1

It was a nice episode but there were a few things that really concerned me. Zoey hit Jen TWICE during the photoshoot and Jen said and did nothing except get bubbles. She should not let either of those kids get away with hitting her or even slapping at her. Even the photographer said the kids were in charge. That shouldnt be. I am not a fan of Judy but i have to give Judy credit because when BOTH of the kids kept saying NO to whatever she or her husband asked during the course of the episode, she immediately corrected them saying YES.  I really am starting to wonder if Jen can handle those kids...

I think Jen loves her kids to death, but no, she can't handle them on her own and it's becoming pretty obvious. Maybe she carries some working-Mom guilt because she's not around as much as Bill, but she seems incapable of being firm, telling them "no" and sticking to it. 

• Love 1

The kids sure seem to be happy and healthy so I think she's "handling them" just right. There are all kinds of parenting styles -- some parents are softies, some parents are yellers. My parents yelled all the time, at us, at each other, etc. I think my brother and I would have grown up happier and healthier with parents who were easy-going and softer.

Even though we don't see the children at school, I'm glad that they are in school now, because while parents see their children as "the best/smartest/sweetest child ever," teachers can see how children are doing relative to their peers. Zoey seems about a half-a-year behind, which in a three-year-old is a big gap. She's not really responsive when given directions, she wants to go her own way and she's still living in her toddler-world. But she speaks in complete sentences, which to me is everything! I think she just needs maturing, and that happens with time and patience.

Will still seems like a much younger child. So Jen's problem corralling her two preschoolers is understandable, since they both seem to be in a toddler stage. I do see a problem if they are out at a farm or a pumpkin patch and one or the other child starts to take off in another direction. They can move much faster than either parent. That's why I think they have a nanny or other helper when they go on these outdoor trips. 

• Love 1

The kids sure seem to be happy and healthy so I think she's "handling them" just right. There are all kinds of parenting styles -- some parents are softies, some parents are yellers. My parents yelled all the time, at us, at each other, etc. I think my brother and I would have grown up happier and healthier with parents who were easy-going and softer.

Even though we don't see the children at school, I'm glad that they are in school now, because while parents see their children as "the best/smartest/sweetest child ever," teachers can see how children are doing relative to their peers. Zoey seems about a half-a-year behind, which in a three-year-old is a big gap. She's not really responsive when given directions, she wants to go her own way and she's still living in her toddler-world. But she speaks in complete sentences, which to me is everything! I think she just needs maturing, and that happens with time and patience.

Will still seems like a much younger child. So Jen's problem corralling her two preschoolers is understandable, since they both seem to be in a toddler stage. I do see a problem if they are out at a farm or a pumpkin patch and one or the other child starts to take off in another direction. They can move much faster than either parent. That's why I think they have a nanny or other helper when they go on these outdoor trips. 

Agree.  I never worked with kids Zoey's age, but your assessment seems spot-on, CousinAmy.  It doesn't appear that Zoey has any serious issues to be concerned with right now. In another year, I think we'll be looking back at today's Zoey with amazement at how far she's come. Will, on the other hand, has had to cope with sleep apnea, hearing loss, malnutrition and who knows what else in his four years. Although I think he'll make a lot of progress in the next year as well, it's just too soon to know whether all of his delays are reversible. But he's certain to get whatever help is available for his issues.

• Love 2

In my opinion after many years as a mental health professional, we need to remember that Will and Zoey were not just put up for adoption.  They were, (especially Will) for all intents and purposes, tossed aside and abandoned most likely because of their dwarfism.  The fact that Will, who we know was basically left to die before he was taken in by New Day, was malnourished and probably had no maternal bonding after his birth and yet has fallen in love with his "baba" is a miracle in itself.  When I see him smiling and laughing and running around their house and saying he loves his daddy, it brings to mind the many adopted children I have seen over the years who were brought to the USA from other countries.  These children had no bonding, no love and no nurturing in their early months of life and as a result can not bond with their adoptive parents, trust no one and have extreme difficulties fitting into social settings with other children.  The Kleins took a huge gamble when they adopted Will and Zoey, but it looks like all 4 of them have won the lottery when it comes to building a family.  They will have uphill battles with delayed milestones and innate personality traits, but Jen and Bill are facing everything head-on and Will and Zoey will grow into well-adjusted and loved members of society.  

• Love 24

I think in their case it's a safety issue because they are known to the public. I remember yrs ago on Kate Plus 8, I thought she was making a bid deal about the traveling & she said that people know their kids & call them by name & that the kids might go to a stranger. I feel her parents could handle it easily but for safety, an extra person is smart. The kids are fast & they are kids, an extra set of eyes around strangers is what I would do too.

I loved this episode. I adore those kids. They are so cute & find such joy in everything as kids should. I love Zoe's little bows & dresses she dresses so cute. I laugh every time Will says "Bill" & "cake". He has a one track mind, cars, cake & Baba. You can see the love they all have for each other & that they don't take anything for granted.

• Love 6

I thought Zoey and Will in the restaurant were just too cute for words. They certainly were hyper, heh, but I actually thought they were kept fairly contained given everything going on.

There's also a shot where Will and Zoey swarm Jen, where she picks up Zoey to hug while Will calls to her again and again that they "flew" and he is just a bundle of excited and happy energy. I chuckled when she said she hadn't told him about the trip or going on a plane because he'd have blown it.

I'm pretty sure Bill knew something was going on because he had to know Jen wouldn't just let the day go by without making some sort of fuss, but I do think he was probably surprised at what exactly she'd put together for him.  Especially the kids flying in.

• Love 5

I loved this episode to death. Lots of love, laughter and a happy family. Wish I wasn't too old and tall to be adopted by the Kleins.

You & me, Jelly!  I see a road trip to Texas, me in stalker astronaut diapers, you navigating the shit out of a roadmap, us two crazy old biddies parking out front of Casa Arnold-Klein begging for a shot at bestest Auntie Ever status! (cue lookin' for love in all the wrong places music).

I LOVE Zoey's attraction to horsies.  I swear I saw an early episode that showed Jen's Mom with horses a long time ago, and since I love horses, too, my reptilian brain made a connection.  Animals and children are my (not so) secret passions.

But the climate in Texas would slay me, so internet fantasy life with this lovely little family is as close as I'll ever get again!!!   :-)

• Love 4

@walnutqueen and @Jellybeans--may I go too?  You can stay at my house as a consolation!  But we'll have to be careful with the astronaut diapers--it'll get tongues wagging!  lol

Really!  At your age?  Still in diapers?  What is wrong with your parents?

• Love 5

This episode would have been a nice ending to the whole series. It was very positive all around.

I have to agree. I know I'll be very disappointed and sad when Bill and Jen finally pull the plug - I will actually miss them. But for their sakes I hope it will be sooner rather than later because it's the right thing to do. Virtually all professionals agree this is not a good thing for the children in the long run. We all want to watch Will and Zoey grow up and go to school, go to dancing classes, music lessons, soccer practice and T-ball, celebrate birthdays and holidays, have special trips and vacations etc. But we won't be the ones paying the price for all this exposure - they will. If I were Bill & Jen I would do no more than one more year with TLC.

• Love 4

But the climate in Texas would slay me, so internet fantasy life with this lovely little family is as close as I'll ever get again!!!   :-)

Just don't come July-September. Right now would be perfect. It's nice and chilly.

• Love 2

@walnutqueen and @Jellybeans--may I go too?  You can stay at my house as a consolation!  But we'll have to be careful with the astronaut diapers--it'll get tongues wagging!  lol

I hitchhiked my way thru the Pacific Northwest 70s, so serial killers scare me not.  Got a decent 8 track?  We are doin' the Biz and picking your sorry ass up on the way!

Oh, and I have YET to soil myself - apparently sharting comes if you're really old.

• Love 2