Type keyword(s) to search

Season 5: Where Are They Now

A new Where Are They Now Special has been announced to air on January 4, 2015 at 8/7C. In addition, season 6 has been confirmed, with some pretty cool changes; the girls will be filmed for a longer period of time after the birth and most likely will be paid less.

Thanks to Megan at teenmomjunkies.com, we already have some updates on the season 5 girls! Head over to the site for full articles but here are some highlights:

Millina Kacmar was the girl with the addict mother and the boyfriend who’s mom had seizures and strokes. There was a lot of drama, and eventually her boyfriend, Trevor, requested a paternity test for their son, Kayden. The results came back that he was the father, and things seemed to shape up, but there was still plenty of drama to go around. Millina said on the Life After Labor special that she left Kayden with Trevor’s mom for half an hour and she couldn’t handle the baby, so she hasn’t watched the kid since.

Since filming ended, Millina’s had a lot of stuff go on. Her mother, who was a drug addict, went to rehab, and ended up dating a man in the same facility as her. She is now pregnant and expecting a little girl, who will be Kayden’s aunt. Millina opened up online about some of her experiences as a teen, and revealed that at 14 years old, she got pregnant and ended up having an abortion. She also revealed that after Kayden was born, she got pregnant again because of a birth control failure, and ended up having an ectopic pregnancy.

_______

Jordan Cashmyer and boyfriend Derek were couch hopping when they welcomed their daughter Genevieve into the world in March. The two decided to leave Maryland and live with Derek’s relative in the south, but ended up moving back to Maryland so that Derek could pursue his dreams of attending college to work in the medical field, and play on a lacrosse team at his school.

Since filming ended, Derek and Jordan have broken up due to an alleged cheating incident. Derek attends school full time and takes care of his daughter every weekend. He is in a relationship with another girl, and she is also very active in Genevieve’s life. Jordan has taken a turn for the worst, and is currently stripping at a club in Baltimore. She has had rumored drug overdoses, suicide attempts, and hasn’t seen her daughter since July. Jordan is on the track to lose custody of her daughter, while her parents are the primary caregivers for Genevieve.

Jordan's downward spiral does not surprise me. She was a shiftless grifter in her original episode along with her boyfriend.

I'm also not surprised Millina has had three pregnancies. She seemed like a nice girl but she wasn't being raised with discipline.

OT: I love your screen name, SeenYouWitKieffah. I read it in Barb's voice.

• Love 1

No big surprises here. I like seeing these specials though to get a feel for these girls on camera as opposed to a tweet here and there. At least no one was pregnant again!

P.S. Thank you Red Koolaide!! lol I hear the whole speech in my head every time I sign in. WELL JENELLE, I SEEN YOU WIT KIEFFAH. YOU'RE DONE, GET OUT! HAVE FUN LIVIN ON THE STREETS WIT YA BOOOOYFRIEND

• Love 6

The best line went to Summer's sister Pookie: "Babies is beautiful.

Summer's husband DJ is a jerk but I found Summer to be annoying. He's just not that into you, Summer!

Jordan looked high as hell during her interviews. I wonder if she's self-medicating with marijuana for her PPD and bipolar disorder. I'm not sure I believe the bipolar disorder because it's diagnosed so often now, but I can believe PPD. I don't know what transpired between Jordan and Derick but it wouldn't have hurt to tell her who had Genevieve. That just made the situation worse.

I'm not surprised most of these girls were raising babies alone. Being a teen parent is not easy.

I felt sorry for the girl with diabetes(can't remember her name). It's scary to think she might not see her kids graduate high school because of the effects diabetes has had on her body. That's why it's so important to manage diabetes properly because it can be devastating if not taken seriously.

Edited by RedKoolAide

The whole thing was so depressing I didn't even finish watching it. I have to say that this group of girls are definitely the most unfortunate looking ones in all the seasons (save a few like Savon and another girl who I don't remember her name) Summer is in so much denial. is it Dj? Dj doesn't give a s**t about Summer. I would bet money that he has a side chick and was pissed that Summer announced on national tv that he's been telling her he loves her and wants to work things out. Side chick was NOT supposed to know that. He probably just wanted a booty call while he was home. I think he just wanted to see his kid and then get the heck out of Dodge. Someone who loves you does not treat you with the disgust and distain that guy showed toward his wife. Not sure why these dumb girls give the guys all these chances. If you wanted your child to grow up in a household with two parents maybe you should have dated the guy for more than a few months before getting knocked up... just a thought. Liked how Savon said she had her own place, no way that was paid for by anyone other than the government. She worked at a pizza place and can't even afford a vehicle. These girls acted like they have come so far and barely anyone has even gotten their GED (I think Carley graduated) and all of them were complaining about how hard it is to study and take care of a baby.  Maddy is such a user. First her hook up Cody's parents spent all this money making a room for the baby and letting Maddy live with them and she backs out without a 2nd thought to how much money they spent and then she's "not dating" some new guy who plays daddy to Maddy's kid and bought a car seat (or maybe I'm mixing the girls up) and helps her out and is good to her and she says she doesn't want to date anyone right now but when she's ready to start dating she hopes she finds someone LIKE whatever not baby daddy's name was. not that she actually wants to date this nice guy but that she will use him until she wants to begin dating and then hopes someone with his good qualities comes along. NIce. Bet that guy doesn't stick around much longer.

Another thing that shocked me was that some of these girls haven't gotten on birth control yet and its what 8 months later. Think Savon was one of them and she was flirting up that guy at the pizza place. Stupid stupid. Just all around depressing and sad.

Just all around sad and depressing.

• Love 2

Above it says that Jordan's parents take care of their daughter but on the episode they said their daughter lives with Derek?

She was freaking out that he didn't take her to the doctor and didn't know who had her.  Wouldn't she know it was her parents? 

As much of a eff'd up situation as that seemed to be... it was really cute how Derek's roommates took on responsibility with the baby.

• Love 5

Some crowd of teenage dudes should not be raising a baby. Jesus. I don't actually see stripping as the end of the world -- it's a good way to make money for your kid -- but trying to gut through postpartum depression without medication makes as much sense as doing the same for diabetes or cancer.

The whole thing was depressing from beginning to end. Everybody's life is ruined. And it's not like they started from very high places to begin with. I will at least say for Maddy that she seemed to take some joy in her child.

• Love 1

Savon was still giving me too much dead behind the eyes. I was hoping she would have found a bit more twinkle and sparkle.

I just watched this episode and yes, she only lit up talking about being a performer. The baby seemed so, I don't know, emotionless? That may not be the right word but it was sad, too.

I'm watching Jordan's 16 and Pregnant now. Dereck was allowed to live in Jordan's parent's house while he was attending college. When he was no longer attending, he was told to leave. Jordan chose to go, too. I believe the baby lives between Dereck and her parents. She may have not known that, though. I get the feeling her parents are "I'll help you if you help yourself, too". Dereck is back in school so her parents are helping him. Jordan is living the consequences of her own choices and I don't buy she wasn't fully aware that this is how things would play out. The conversation with her grandmother sealed it for me. Also, the guys at the apartment knew the baby well. The only one not stepping up is Jordan and she has no one to blame but herself. I wish her well and I think her baby might be the best cared for, all around, out of this whole bunch.

• Love 1