Type keyword(s) to search

Derek Morgan: He's Got Good Abs

• Start Topic

Just a note that the pix of Shemar at the CBS TCA party this past weekend show him sporting a large silver band on his third finger, left hand.

the third finger instead of the ring finger?

sorry, that means something?

Third finger is the ring finger. 'Third finger, left hand' is a phrase indicating a wedding ring.

ok, thanks!! I didn't got it in that sense because in my country we would say fourth finger 

A pacemaker rep was in the cardiovascular ICU yesterday while I was working.  Turns out his name is Shemar!  Spelled differently, he said, but I didn't catch how -- it was funny though, how his eyes lit up when I mentioned it, like he must get comments about it a lot.  He was very handsome, with the same lovely skin tone, plus he had personality like woah:  Derek Morgan, except as a nurse.  So funny.  It must come with the name.  I know "our" Shemar's name is a combination of his mother's and father's names.  I didn't feel like I knew my new Shemar well enough to inquire further about it.

Makes me realize all over again that I'm genuinely gonna miss him in S12. 

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Droogie said:

A pacemaker rep was in the cardiovascular ICU yesterday while I was working.  Turns out his name is Shemar!  Spelled differently, he said, but I didn't catch how -- it was funny though, how his eyes lit up when I mentioned it, like he must get comments about it a lot.  He was very handsome, with the same lovely skin tone, plus he had personality like woah:  Derek Morgan, except as a nurse.  So funny.  It must come with the name.  I know "our" Shemar's name is a combination of his mother's and father's names.  I didn't feel like I knew my new Shemar well enough to inquire further about it.

Makes me realize all over again that I'm genuinely gonna miss him in S12. 

That's so sweet. Nice to know this Shemar was such a joy to work with, and treated you like the goddess you are. And though I wasn't always the biggest Morgan fan, I did like him overall. And his bromance with Matthew is beyond adorable. I truly appreciate their bond and true affection for each other.

• Love 3

My best wishes to SM as a person.

I dont like him as an actor, but I think a swat team is where Morgan should have been to begin with, this will be like his own spin off.

• Love 1
53 minutes ago, smoker said:

My best wishes to SM as a person.

I dont like him as an actor, but I think a swat team is where Morgan should have been to begin with, this will be like his own spin off.

That's exactly what I thought when I read that.  Derek Morgan moves to LA.  

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Unkempt said:

Yay!  I miss Morgan.

I do too. I miss Morgan more than I miss Hotch, because Gibson's behavior tainted the Hotch character for me so much. It'll be good to have Derek back, however briefly, and even though I do want Reid to 'save' himself there in prison, I also want Morgan to help see that it happens, maybe from the legal end outside, or maybe from a contact or two inside. 

Whatever happens, we know he's not there to serve pie. He's there to help with his brother's situation. Let's hope it'll be awesome! 

• Love 1

Well I and a few others are doing a 'happy dance' that he's rejoining the team for one episode. We'll get to see some sorely missed MoReid brotasticness. It's nice to look at things from the positive side. You should come dance with us.

• Love 1

I like Morgan and would be happy to have him back for an episode or two in the future, but not this one.  It's just giving me this feeling that it is Morgan charging in to save the day since the team is inept at solving it.  

• Love 3

I was never a big fan of Morgan. I didn't dislike him either, I just didn't care much for him. I am ambivalent about him coming back, but I don't really mind if it's only for an episode. I do worry about him saving the day in some convoluted and ridiculous way, though. It's one thing for him to hear about Reid in prison and go to visit and be concerned and wanting to help with that, but it's something else entirely for him to show up with a lead on a case he shouldn't even be working on. 

• Love 2
On 19/03/2017 at 0:39 AM, CrimeFan12 said:

It's just giving me this feeling that it is Morgan charging in to save the day since the team is inept at solving it.

Agreed. As much as I like Morgan, I'm not sure I could ever forgive the writers if they do that.

• Love 1

I don't mind Morgan being back for 1 episode, as long as a) it doesn't totally revolve around him b) he doesn't single-handedly solve the case that the 38 profilers already on the team couldn't.

My fondest hope is that he's back to support 'the best little brother anyone could ask for' in whatever capacity that is--not sure if there's a trial/court scene, if Morgan goes to visit him in prison and offers pep talk that kind of thing; maybe in talking to Reid, he uncovers a clue that helps them.

I'm hoping Reid is instrumental in his own exoneration; perhaps he finally remembers something helpful regarding the case. Maybe Morgan can twig a memory. Morgan was always pretty good at those walking through the crime scene scenarios. I really want the long time members to be the ones to exonerate Reid: one of them (Rossi preferably) to do another cognitive with him, catching Scratch if it is him that's responsible, proving it is if so.

and I'm rambling. sorry....

• Love 6

Not rambling at all !! I agree with most - if not all- of the comments you've made. 

And I'm really thankful that you mentioned 'the best little brother anyone could ask for' . One of my favourite scenes, and lines !! 

• Love 3
21 hours ago, Hotchgirl18 said:

Are they THAT desperate, they have to bring Morgan back?! 

Well, I have been reading lots of fans saying they want to see Morgan show his support for Reid while he's in prison, so I think this is more fan service than it is desperation.  Other TV shows do this kind of thing all the time.  It's not really anything new.

• Love 2

I don't know if it's me or..
I don't know if I like Morgan or REALLY hate him. Derrick's lines make him come off as someone who is in desperate need of anger management classes. I always found him very unprofessional and too aggressive as an FBI agent and interrogator. Every agent had his own unique personality and way of going about things except Morgan. He was just constantly in a state of pissed off. Even as interrogators, JJ and Prentiss were polite during questioning. Hotch was a cool and composed interrogator. Rossi was okay; his friendly demeanor made him look less threatening than, say, Hotch. Derrik just came off as a lunatic who is on the verge of beating the suspect up if he didn't answer his questions. 

In the original team dynamic, he was quite good; passionate, sometimes arrogant, over-achieving, driven... hot where Hotch was cool. A great foil for the genius-nerd, especially when he was feeling protective. Respectful but worried about Gideon, ambitious, but a dutiful lieutenant to Hotch. He wasn't a stereotypical male with regard to Elle and later Prentiss, meaning he didn't try to sabotage the ladies to make himself look good, he actually depended on them. 

In a team like this, on a TV show like this, somebody gotta swagger, and he performed that well. I do miss him with Reid.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, ReidFan said:

I don't 'hate' him but I'm not a fan either. The only thing I really liked Morgan for was his relationship with Reid. 

Exactly my feelings Reidfan. I loved his relationship with Reid and I miss that the most after Morgan left.

6 minutes ago, normasm said:

In the original team dynamic, he was quite good; passionate, sometimes arrogant, over-achieving, driven... hot where Hotch was cool. A great foil for the genius-nerd, especially when he was feeling protective. Respectful but worried about Gideon, ambitious, but a dutiful lieutenant to Hotch. He wasn't a stereotypical male with regard to Elle and later Prentiss, meaning he didn't try to sabotage the ladies to make himself look good, he actually depended on them. 

In a team like this, on a TV show like this, somebody gotta swagger, and he performed that well. I do miss him with Reid.

You described Morgan perfectly!!!

• Love 2
On 6/30/2017 at 11:40 AM, Lucky Thirteen said:

I don't know if it's me or..
I don't know if I like Morgan or REALLY hate him. Derrick's lines make him come off as someone who is in desperate need of anger management classes. I always found him very unprofessional and too aggressive as an FBI agent and interrogator. Every agent had his own unique personality and way of going about things except Morgan. He was just constantly in a state of pissed off. Even as interrogators, JJ and Prentiss were polite during questioning. Hotch was a cool and composed interrogator. Rossi was okay; his friendly demeanor made him look less threatening than, say, Hotch. Derrik just came off as a lunatic who is on the verge of beating the suspect up if he didn't answer his questions. 

I'm doing a binge watch on Netflix right now, I've seen every episode (with the exception of a handful of episodes I'm not a fan of) and I thought I always liked Derek, but watching episode after episode I have really grown to hate his character.  He's an arrogant judgmental know it all, especially when it comes to his team. I'm in season 6, episode 18 Lauren, and when Prentiss goes on the run, all he feels is anger and betrayal because she didn't confess about Ian Doyle before she went on the run, everyone else on the team was just as blindsided, but he was the only one who was more concerned about his feelings and anger than concern for her safety or understanding that she was trying to protect all of them.  I also agree with you that he does have anger issues....but it's ok when he looses his temper, but when anyone else gets the slightest hint they are loosing their temper, he takes them aside and lectures them on their behavior.  And it's driving me crazy right now, because I just watched this episode a few days ago, but there was an episode in season 4 or 5, where JJ and Prentiss were really pushing for a case they were sure was a serial killer, and they had to work on convincing the team and they all came around after a little research, be he was an a-hole until almost the end of the case arguing that JJ and Prentiss were wrong.  Maybe it was the one where the addicts were being kidnapped, impregnated and held in a house by a married couple, then murdered after they had the baby?  To be honest I enjoy binge watching, but episodes do blend together after a while!  I do like Shemar though and have been enjoying him on SWAT, I just wish TPTB didn't give Derek all these negative alpha traits.