Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E06: Medford, 90210

• Start Topic

I thought it was odd that Lisa Rinna's kids did not know much about her home town.   I grew up away from my mother's family--we'd only visit maybe a couple times a year but I knew about the fast food places and stores, and what kind of people lived there.   I wonder if her parents always came to her to visit when they were younger/healthier--it seemed odd to me that her kids didn't seem that familiar with their town.      I also thought the older daughter looked a lot like the picture of young Lisa that they showed briefly--pre lip enhancement.

• Love 3

I'm really enjoying this season so far, except for any of the Brandi moments.  The lack of yelling and catfighting is so refreshing, but I know I am in the minority when it comes to not wanting all the ugly drama.  I much prefer these happier slices of their lives, and getting a deeper look into their worlds than seeing them getting into it over petty bullshit.

This a thousand times! I'm really enjoying the tone of this season. It's far more compelling than another season of one screaming match after another. It's really making Brandi seem like the odd one out, though. The rest, even with their various flaws, seem so much more elevated and mature next to her. I hope they ditch her as she's not adding anything at this point.

I have such mixed feelings about Lisa's Medford trip. I thought her teenagers came across as very snooty and judgmental but they're teens and teens say silly/stupid things all the time so I'm not ready to assume that their behavior on that particular trip fully reflective of who they are, but it wasn't pleasant to watch and I wish Lisa had said something. While others may want to judge Lisa for how frequently she visits her parents, the fact is that Lisa totally owned that her half sister was taking on the heavy lifting when it came to caring for her parents. Given Lisa's fame and the platform of this show, it would have been super easy to make it all about her but she didn't and she applauded her sibling both in her talking head and in the restaurant before the rest of the family showed up. She acknowledged her own shortcoming which is pretty rare in this franchise.

I really like Eileen so far. I like how direct she is about what she thinks and feels. I also loved the story Kim told about her acting days. All in all, it was a pretty enjoyable episode.

• Love 10

Hmmmm, I thought it was a word she did not like. I wonder what word Brandi says then?

Brandi uses the c word which Lisa doesn't like, and IIRC even called Lisa the c word, not on camera, but Lisa mentioned it last season at the SUR dinner.
  • Love 1

I wish LisaR had said something along the lines of "Girls, I'm sure you wouldn't like it if somebody visited BH and said everybody here is so spoiled and vain and only cares about money without actually knowing anybody." But teenagers are horrible beasts that should be locked in cages. I'm sure I said snotty shit like that all the time in High School. Of course my parents knocked me down a peg on the regular.

God Kyle. She's just so damn basic. That's the first time I've ever used that term, but I can't think of a better way to describe her. Will Mauricio bring the ice? Will jet lag prevent Kyle from grilling her own hotdogs? Have a pumpkin spice latte and find out!

As always, Yolanda and Brandi can have several seats.

• Love 14

Brandi uses the c word which Lisa doesn't like, and IIRC even called Lisa the c word, not on camera, but Lisa mentioned it last season at the SUR dinner.

At least I knew where the word referred to! LOL Thanks for the clarification.

So tell me--do you think men get turned on by Brandi saying she's had va-jaja renovation, or grossed out like us women? 

Maybe, until she tells them about her having HPV! Then they should run.....Run....RUn....RUN!!! LOL

• Love 1

Thanks, WireWrap, for setting me straight on where they were while looking at the Lisa-Father artwork.  It was so refreshing to see her family's house.  I'll bet her parents took good care of it and it must have been wrenching to leave. 

I'm overly sensitive perhaps because I'm Latin American myself.  Lisa's comment about Puerto Rico-Costa Rica-Puerto Vallarta last season (probably shouldn't mention it here!) set my teeth on edge.  Like anything having to do with that part of the world or those cultures is one big mash-up of otherness that has nothing to do with her world and not worthy of real curiosity.  My hang up, perhaps.  Probably.

I do enjoy Lisa but find her, along with Yo, only capable of showing real respect for anyone not of her line-up if they are loaded with cash.  Let's be bored by the Amalfi Coast, Yo Yo, and head out to Turkey for an exclusive vacay with the King instead--places where no lowly tourists go.  She said she just loved it and I'll bet she did but I'd also bet that if she had to actually interact with a citizen of Turkey, anyone other than a multi-millionaire, she'd have her usual issues. 

Anyway, it's Christmas Eve and all that.  I should focus on my own shortcomings which are numerous.  Happy  Holidays to everyone here.  What would these ridiculous show be without all of you?

• Love 10

One of such time was during the reunion and she apologized for everything.

These chicks needs to stop their whining. 

I believe the issue some of the others have with Lisa is that when they attempt to discuss an issue with her she dismisses them (Kyle at her store with Lisa before PR) or she flees from them.  The only person I truly saw Lisa have to an honest face to face with was Joyce, after the disastrous dinner at SUR.  So waiting to see how the fans react and then issuing apologies is a bit weak.  Even in Puerto Rico when Kyle, Brandi, Yolanda were with her (Kyle never even spoke) Lisa ran off.  You can't complain about others coming for you when you have a flight response.  I thought Brandi was way out of line at the finale, I thought Lisa moving resorts and then trying to pull the "nobody even tried to contact us", was a huge lie and backfired but mostly Lisa's desire to weigh in how things are playing out before weighing in smacks of manipulation.  Even waiting until the season begins filming to have the move on talk is empty.  All these women -except Brandi were at the Lady Gaga video-maybe talks and apologies would have been better offered up there-away from the cameras.

Other than that I am enjoying seeing Lisa play cat and mouse with Brandi. 

• Love 4

Might I be petty for a moment?  OK, Brandi, please do something with your hair--atrocious!  Also, for your kids' sake, try to climb your way out of the gutter a bit.   Lisa V, please quit being so damn formal, and put on some clothes that actually fit.  Yolanda, I have no words for that outfit at the "barbecue".  Also, enough with all the damn dogs!  Don't get me wrong, I love dogs, but have absolutely no interest in them as far as this show goes.  Ken, please put a smile on your face, and put the dog down!

• Love 8
I believe the issue some of the others have with Lisa is that when they attempt to discuss an issue with her she dismisses them (Kyle at her store with Lisa before PR) or she flees from them.

Discuss what again? It was all resolved at the reunion. At least the stuff they are whining about, which is that Lisa doesn't apologize and make excuses. She acknowledged and apologized. More than any of them did, I might add. What more do they want from her? Kyle agreed to move in the first episode of this season.

I am sick of hearing about it, I can't imagine how Lisa herself feels.

• Love 9
Let's be bored by the Amalfi Coast, Yo Yo, and head out to Turkey for an exclusive vacay with the King instead--places where no lowly tourists go.  She said she just loved it and I'll bet she did but I'd also bet that if she had to actually interact with a citizen of Turkey, anyone other than a multi-millionaire, she'd have her usual issues.

OMG, I totally forgot about that. Yes Yo, the coast of Amalfi can be  oh so boring year after year.I really wonder when these howifes say shit like that if they actually mean it or if they are just trying to sound all jet setty. Either way, if makes them come off sounding like major douchebags. 

• Love 6

What was Brandi's purpose in getting her vajajay tightened? If it was to get a good, faithful, rich man to fall in love with her cause she is now so tight and right, then EPIC FAIL, Miss Brandi! You are still single and there is no Beverly Hills surgeon that can fix that brain of yours. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 9

What was Brandi's purpose in getting her vajajay tightened? If it was to get a good, faithful, rich man to fall in love with her cause she is now so tight and right, then EPIC FAIL, Miss Brandi! You are still single and there is no Beverly Hills surgeon that can fix that brain of yours. 

On the other hand, it makes your slutty diseased self a little less repulsive to fucking fuckers, and is apparently the guaranteed OMG opener in any cocktail conversation.

To keep her tampons from falling out?

Snappety snap snap - I wish I'd come up with that zinger, MondrianyoneSooo much lurve for this post!

• Love 5

Ehh, I don't think Brandi would consider that a problem given her ostensible lack of hygiene. If that scenario were to occur I suspect Brandi would pick up the vagrant offender off the floor and shove it right back in her favorite orifice. 

• Love 4

Discuss what again? It was all resolved at the reunion. At least the stuff they are whining about, which is that Lisa doesn't apologize and make excuses. She acknowledged and apologized. More than any of them did, I might add. What more do they want from her? Kyle agreed to move in the first episode of this season.

I am sick of hearing about it, I can't imagine how Lisa herself feels.

Then why does Lisa keep talking about it?  All she has done is talk about her "friends.  Her friends will ruin her star ceremony, her friends aren't as easy as Lisa Rinna.  It takes both sides to move things along.  Although just once I would like to see Brandi not get a pass. 

Lisa lets us know plenty how she feels. And if that isn't enough just listen to Ken.

• Love 11

To get back at Eddie, who had just left her and was canoodling out in the open with LeAnn Rimes. Brandi used his credit card, either she had the plate or just the number, and wanted Eddie to know that she used his money to get her vagina tightened and that other men were going to enjoy her new and improved vajayjay but the cookie jar was closed to him, although I bet that if Eddie crooked his finger, Brandi would give him access to any and all orifices, but she'd probably record it and have it posted on the internet before his car left the driveway.
  • Love 8

I believe the issue some of the others have with Lisa is that when they attempt to discuss an issue with her she dismisses them (Kyle at her store with Lisa before PR) or she flees from them.  The only person I truly saw Lisa have to an honest face to face with was Joyce, after the disastrous dinner at SUR.  So waiting to see how the fans react and then issuing apologies is a bit weak.  Even in Puerto Rico when Kyle, Brandi, Yolanda were with her (Kyle never even spoke) Lisa ran off.  You can't complain about others coming for you when you have a flight response.  I thought Brandi was way out of line at the finale, I thought Lisa moving resorts and then trying to pull the "nobody even tried to contact us", was a huge lie and backfired but mostly Lisa's desire to weigh in how things are playing out before weighing in smacks of manipulation.  Even waiting until the season begins filming to have the move on talk is empty.  All these women -except Brandi were at the Lady Gaga video-maybe talks and apologies would have been better offered up there-away from the cameras.

Other than that I am enjoying seeing Lisa play cat and mouse with Brandi. 

Lisa answered Kyle's question in PR, she said she did not do as Brandi accused her twice, once on the beach and then again at dinner but Kim, Brandi and Yolanda kept over talking her so she and Ken left. I don't blame them for leaving, I would have as well.

• Love 3

I scared my 4 year old because I laughed so hard. We are cuddled watching Charlie Brown Christmas and I peek at my phone and your fantastic line made laugh so hard. Thank you. My 4 year shushed me, but whatever lol.
  • Love 2

Lisa kept remarking about how she was too fabulous for her hometown and had to get out.

I didn't hear her say anything like that. She said she was bullied in school, had no friends, and she wasn't happy there. It wasn't specific to that town, just how she felt growing up. 

• Love 1

Fairly certain I heard Lisa R Say she was too fabulous.

I was astounded to hear what insufferable snobby brats her daughters were in Medford. Shame on Lisa for not admonishing their insensitive comments & teaching them humility!

On another note: I'm sitting here on xmas eve with my Dad watching old Gilligans Island show & noticed that LisaV is the reincarnation of Lovey Howell.

Kens no Thurston though. ( the over 50 crowd will get that)

• Love 10

Idk, Lisa's attempts at humor this season are really fallin' flat. She said, if anyone would know about hooker shoes, it's Ken. Um, why? Not gettin' it. And she said an ep or 2 ago, the pressure is on Pandora to give her a grandchild & has been on her since she was 14. OK then. Dat's THE first time I ever heard a parent mention wanting a daughter to have a child at 14 -- even in jest. Lame jokes, Lisa. Really lame.

Btw, $1400 hooker shoes? Dat's one very high-end hooker -- or one of Mo's . . . er, "fiancées?

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 2

Wouldn't ya want Brandi at your Christmas party? Sure, just introduce her to your boss & see what impression she makes. "Hi there Mr./Ms. Boss, I'm Brandi & I just had my vagina tightened" -- followed by every curse word known, repeated a billion times. Tiresome much?

I was wondering, why bring up the vagina tightening there & then at that moment. It's not like anyone there was a potential date for her. So was she trying to make herself seem sexually viable? Nah, not at that moment anyway. It was just for the shock only. To anyone at the party and to us viewers. Did it work? Got a big yawn from me. Check the expression on Vince's mug. He looked like he wanted to vomit. Me too, Vince, me too. Brandi does have that effect.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 6

I think the Rinna girls came across a little snobby, sure. They probably think a "chub-chub" is anyone weighing over 110 pounds. Even Kyle says she's considered "big" because she's a size 4. Completely absurd, but I suppose having body issues is part and parcel with living in Beverly Hills, as appearances are everything. The Rinnas shared a personal family issue with authentic feelings attached, which I appreciated. Imagine that! Something other than Twitter beef or a kid moving an hour away from home to go to college on RHOBH! Progress.

• Love 2

The bunny eater died shortly after going to Lisa's last year.  The dog we saw tonight is Bambi. 

Oh, yikes!

I knew it wasn't Rumpy Pump or whatever ridiculous handle is hung on Lisa's dog, but I had no idea Bunny Eater had died.

Speaking of dogs...

I couldn't help but slap my knee and giggle last night when Yo was like a dog with a bone, trying to pin Lisa down about not inviting Yo to her star event in Palm Springs.  Yo was just hellbent on chastising Lisa for that little incident while the cameras were rolling.  I loved the way Lisa would just amble away from her without belaboring the issue further.  

Not a good look for you, Yo.  It made you look rather desperate for camera time... which you probably are, but I digress.  

Speaking of not a good look...

I agree with the other posters about Yo's boots.  I'm sure they cost more than my monthly salary but damn those things were jack hideous.  I didn't like the ones she bought for Brandi, either, but even those looked better than those atrocities Yo was rocking at Kyle's party.  

• Love 7

Idk, Lisa's attempts at humor this season are really fallin' flat. She said, if anyone would know about hooker shoes, it's Ken. Um, why? Not gettin' it.

IIRC Cedric said that Ken used their services.
  • Love 3

I think the Rinna girls came across a little snobby, sure. They probably think a "chub-chub" is anyone weighing over 110 pounds. Even Kyle says she's considered "big" because she's a size 4. Completely absurd, but I suppose having body issues is part and parcel with living in Beverly Hills, as appearances are everything. The Rinnas shared a personal family issue with authentic feelings attached, which I appreciated. Imagine that! Something other than Twitter beef or a kid moving an hour away from home to go to college on RHOBH! Progress.

Yeah, I didn't think much of their comment or Lisa's (lack of) response to it.

Judging by her social media, I believe the Hamlin/Rinna household is very health conscious.  I personally find LR just a bit too thin but, hey, whatever works for her, the camera adds 10 pounds, and all of that good stuff.  I don't think the Hamlin kids are indulged in a lot of fast food fare and are old enough to understand the possible future health complications associated with unhealthy eating habits.  And, let's face it, they're girls, teenage girls at a body conscious age being raised in a body conscious town where appearances are pretty much everything.   

I found their comments a lot less bizarre than I found Yo advising Gigi to eat her single almond.  At least the Hamlin kids eat...Just not the type of shit I personally love to eat on occasion.  

Dammit, just typing that made me crave a Big Mac.  No fries, just the Big Mac.  

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 7

Wouldn't ya want Brandi at your Christmas party? Sure, just introduce her to your boss & see what impression she makes. "Hi there Mr./Ms. Boss, I'm Brandi & I just had my vagina tightened" -- followed by every curse word known, repeated a billion times. Tiresome much?

Sounds like a regular old workplace convo to me, Scoobs.  Did I miss every sexual harassment seminar after the first bad video ("Hey, Babycakes" - and that was almost my screen name) that reminded me of Catholic girls' school teenage pregnancy movies?  You betchya!   I used to perch on my boss' chair arm braless scratching his back while he read me Playboy articles in the 70s.  Boundaries abound as much as they change, eh.  :-)

I found their comments a lot less bizarre than I found Yo advising Gigi to eat her single almond.  At least the Hamlin kids eat...Just not the type of shit I personally love to eat on occasion.  

Dammit, just typing that made me crave a Big Mac.  No fries, just the Big Mac.  

Persnickety1 - finally, I found a California girl who admits to the inexplicable awful goodness of the Big Mac (or Mac Royale, heh).  I'll do In&Out more often than not (and that's not that often), but there have been times, trying times indeed, where nothing but a Big Mac will assuage the pain.  :-)

• Love 7

Sounds like a regular old workplace convo to me, Scoobs.  Did I miss every sexual harassment seminar after the first bad video ("Hey, Babycakes" - and that was almost my screen name) that reminded me of Catholic girls' school teenage pregnancy movies?  You betchya!   I used to perch on my boss' chair arm braless scratching his back while he read me Playboy articles in the 70s.  Boundaries abound as much as they change, eh.  :-)

Persnickety1 - finally, I found a California girl who admits to the inexplicable awful goodness of the Big Mac (or Mac Royale, heh).  I'll do In&Out more often than not (and that's not that often), but there have been times, trying times indeed, where nothing but a Big Mac will assuage the pain.  :-)

ITA!!!  I know it's not in the realm of being the tastiest cheeseburger around (I have a little mom and pop type burger shop near me that gets my local award for best cheeseburger), but sometimes it just has to be a Big Mac.

I think it's something in that "secret sauce."

I was in (literally) hog heaven a few years ago when they had the Monster Mac at Halloween (the triple-layer Big Mac).

My heart, my blood pressure, and my waistline are very grateful they've done away with those.  There are times when I seriously could have eaten my weight in them.

Good thing I'm not a RHOBH.  I've no doubt there would be many times they'd be filming me hitting McDonald's, something I think only Melissa and Teresa have ever done.  

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 3

OK since it's Christmas, and you always tell the truth (oops - wrong thread, that's The Walking Dead!), I'll go further and say my Big Mac tastes better when consumed in my vehicle.   Perhaps because Mickey D's was the only fast food available during my brief but illustrious P.I. career in 1970s Canada, when I did everything in my surveillance van, often while driving. 

• Love 3

Yes, Kim's daughter married the Fatburger Prince (and scion of white-collar crime.) Her other daughter, Whitney, works for Fatburger. That clan likes to keep in the family!

Re: ScoobieDoobs - I agree, Kim was lucid, charming, and funny this episode (and has mostly been great this season.) After seeing her at her worst in Season 2 and then the grab-bag of Seasons 3 and 4, it's rewarding - as the #1 Kim Fan of P.TV (in the words of the immortal Brian Moylan, she's the dress-mopping, air-freshener-breath-spraying Blanche DuBois of Encino) to see that she isn't always a.) overly wacky, b.) needy and solipsistic, c.) socially avoidant, or d.) a fuzzy, drunk mess. She (and the producers who direct her) may have realized portraying her as invariably pathetic doesn't work. It concerns me that she's going to fight dirty with Lisa Rinna in Amsterdam (and that she's friends with Brandi the Terrible), but this episode turned me on Lisa Rinna because of her snobby daughters and the impression she hadn't visited her parents in decades, so...

I also enjoyed Eileen, Kim, and Kyle talking about lying to get acting jobs. Considering how many entertainers there are on this show, I'd like to hear more about their audition hustling and other tricks of the trade.

This is an article about Justin, Kyle's "Ladysitter", who I find to be respectfully portrayed in comparison to the "gay" companions and household staff (two categories he presumably belongs to) across the franchise. I liked him playfully undercutting Kyle about sangria and the abnormality of Beverly Hills. When he's not babysitting Portia, I imagine he tends to Kyle's short-lived hysterical episodes and onsets of panic by bringing her smelling salts, transferring her mother's ashes between velvet sachets, burnishing her Chanel dog bowls, etc. Re: FozzyBear - Kyle is oh so very basic and yet still so utterly delighted in being basic, which I find hilarious and charming (admittedly at her expense.) Compare her plumber-like party planner Glenn and aging librarian psychic Rebecca to Kevin Lee and Allison DuBois.

Yolanda's main plot point for three seasons running has been how she's been gypped for camera time, from being mad at Kim for missing her master cleanse (and mutual diarrhea) session to not being invited to Lisa's star dedication in Palm Springs. Does she really have nothing else going on?

I'm starting to warm up to Eileen. I think she's going to be making lots of great TH digs against the pretension of Lisa and Yolanda and the smutty, attention-seeking ways of Brandi. My prediction thus far is that she's going to be the likeable (but subtly bitchy) one of the two ex-soap stars and that Lisa R. will be the easily enraged screamer.

Edited by vrocotamy
  • Love 6

Lisa's kids may be "teens" (excuse whatever behaviors because ...) and surely aren't the worst that ever existed, but that doesn't make their comments any less rude, and it doesn't make Lisa any less responsible for not checking them at that moment. Regardless of Beverly Hills body types, what they're used to, how they eat in their homes, etc., that was uncalled for. Substitute "chub-chubs" for almost any other un-PC comment and put it in some sneering teen's mouth from some other place, it doesn't play as well in a brush off.  "lots of blacks here, huh?"

They were wrong, but Lisa was more wrong. She didn't have to hand out a beat down to use that opportunity to do a subtle check on body snarking. "Lots of wonderful people of all sizes, just like most places in this country." 

• Love 10

I thought their eye-rolling & snarking on her going to church was more offensive, but I still think they were just being typical snotty teen kids. Honestly, I'd just roll my eyes back at 'em & discount 'em as idiot kids. But I agree, Rinna should have said something to them, at least for the sake of being on cam.

Given the way Rinna looks, where do ya think the girls got their "chub-chub 'tude" from anyway? Maybe she didn't correct them cuz she completely agreed with them. She pretty much said how she hated Medford. And it's why she only sees her elderly parents once a year (still think that's monstrous of her) & has never taken her daughters to visit them until now -- if we're to believe this terribly sad storyline the producers & Rinna have plopped in front of us.

But it's a good point that those girls are loose cannons & Rinna could really regret letting them be featured so prominently. They seem to have absolutely no filter & Rinna stupidly lets them go on, with no attempt to counter them. Hmmm, OK then. Maybe Rinna's ditz act ain't just an act?

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 6

It probably doesn't sound like it because of some of my comments, but, I really like the addition of Lisa R. And Eileen. I was a die hard All My Children viewer and have never seen Eileen in anything but so far really like her.

• Love 7

I never saw Lisa take genuine ownership of much of anything.

Yea, me either.

IMO it is clear that there is a lot of truth in what Brandi accused Lisa of.  I am sure it was all wrapped up in Lisa's "British Humor", which I gather from reading lots of posts over the years, some of us just don't get. 

The important part to me has always been the way Lisa reacted to it. She hears that Brandi is making accusations about her, which if true are heinous. Mauricio is upset and Kyle is crying, and Lisa doesn't seem to be furious. She stumbles around about how she never even saw them. She refuses to go and confront Brandi right then and there when Ken recommends it. That was odd to me. Why wouldn't someone be flat out astounded to hear that someone was saying something like that about them? Then she sits with Brandi on the bus on the way to dinner. Brandi has a whole new set of issues with Lisa, this time about Scheana.  Lisa is much more forceful about denying these claims than she is the magazine ones. Then they get to dinner and Lisa walks up to a seated Brandi, puts her arms around her, and tells her that she loves her.  She whispers that she has always supported her.  What the fuck did I just see? Do I have the situation correct? This gal is telling others that Lisa has done extremely hurtful things to them, that she plotted to hurt them purposefully, and yet Lisa seems much more concerned with pacifying Brandi than she does Kyle. Kyle is the one who is hurt. She is just asking the questions of Lisa, and since Lisa is the one who has been running around BH telling everyone she brushes up against that Brandi is the most truthful person she has ever met, why would Lisa be mad at Kyle? No, she says nothing of comfort to Kyle. All of her kind words are saved for Brandi. It seemed very much to me like a warning, or a reminder that Brandi should be very careful. Anyone else in Lisa's place would have looked Brandi in the eye and asked her why she was telling such lies. She would have been forceful in her denial. She would have been the S2 reunion Lisa. The one who proclaimed "that's a fucking insult and I won't have it" to Adrienne. That Lisa didn't show up. 

• Love 19