Type keyword(s) to search

Dr. Younan Nowzaradan: Saviour or Surgeon?

• Start Topic

I saw a few youtubers reporting that Dr. Now might not be coming back or was fired from my 600 lb life, one was Auntie advice and I do not think she would do this as click bait. She loves the show and was so upset.  I found a few articles that say the show is on hold, patients are waiting for surgery, it might be something with insurance or lawsuits? 

Any other infomation anyone can find. The show would not be the same without Dr. Now. TLC said in one article I cound, it might go forward with another doctor.

I was just reading the same thing.  I don't know.  I read about the lawsuits, but Dr. Now was not named in any of them.  The lawsuits were all directed at TLC and the company that produces the show.  I hope it's not true.  I agree, the show wouldn't be the same without him.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

I was watching Kelly's story this morning before work. I didn't remember her at first until closer to the end. Then I realized she was one of Dr. Now's patients who didn't make it. She made remarkable progress and basically lost half her body weight, but her heart couldn't take it. I think in this episode in particular you can tell how much Dr. Now cares about his patients. He looked genuinely crushed when he heard the news of her death.

• Love 5
24 minutes ago, mmecorday said:

I was watching Kelly's story this morning before work. I didn't remember her at first until closer to the end. Then I realized she was one of Dr. Now's patients who didn't make it. She made remarkable progress and basically lost half her body weight, but her heart couldn't take it. I think in this episode in particular you can tell how much Dr. Now cares about his patients. He looked genuinely crushed when he heard the news of her death.

I remember Kelly, she seemed to be a sweet soul. Such a tragic childhood but she was trying, but it was too late. I know that must really hurt Dr Now to lose patients in any situation, but when it looks like they are turning things around its a double knife in the heart.

• Love 2