Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: Only 2 Ounces Of Commenting Allowed

• Start Topic

My favorite thing about August is definitely the peaches.  I picked a peck today, and now I am trying to decide between peach cake, peach cobbler and peach tart.   Why does adulting have to be so hard? 🤣  And that's on top of apple cider donuts I bought today as a consolation prize since yellow plums for which I drove another 12 miles to the second orchard were all picked clean by the time I got there!   Here go my plans to lose those final 4 pounds and get back to my college weight! 

• Love 1

I feel that I've reached a low in my life. I bought a game called "I love finding Cats" and I'm cooking bratwurst to have with sauerkraut and potatoes. I also have pizza bagels in the freezer and cookies on the counter. I am not getting thinner.

I'm enjoying finding the cats.

Edited by nokat
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
On 9/9/2021 at 2:59 PM, nokat said:

I can't seem to eat spaghetti without getting splatters on my shirt. I swirl it on my fork, then suck up the last couple strands. Bib time.

I always wear a bib when I eat spaghetti, and I never order it in a restaurant.

• Love 1

You know how I've said you use toddler sized bowls? Do NOT sit down with a 7 oz bag of potato chips without a serving size bowl. You will say "just one more" while you eat half of the bag. It will be salad for dinner.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, nokat said:

You know how I've said you use toddler sized bowls? Do NOT sit down with a 7 oz bag of potato chips without a serving size bowl. You will say "just one more" while you eat half of the bag. It will be salad for dinner.

This is why I can’t keep chips in the house 😂

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, ilovebeaarthur said:

This is why I can’t keep chips in the house 😂

Potato chips are my nemeses. I can have all kinds of treats in the house and I'm okay. Potato chips though, I'll claw through a cement wall to get to them. I'm definitely on the crunchy/salty snack side. You can wave a donut under my nose, meh. BBQ potato chip, look out!

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, nokat said:

Potato chips are my nemeses. I can have all kinds of treats in the house and I'm okay. Potato chips though, I'll claw through a cement wall to get to them. I'm definitely on the crunchy/salty snack side. You can wave a donut under my nose, meh. BBQ potato chip, look out!

Same here! I have to hide them from myself if I do bring them home. 

• Love 2

I stepped on the scale and was pleasantly surprised. I allow myself one can of fruit flavored sparkling water a day, 9 calories. The soup I like is 200 calories. I don't like a lot of dressing on my salad. No fast food for a month.

I don't calorie restrict that much. I'm 145 and trying to stay under 150. Eating healthier foods though is making me a fart machine.

Edited by nokat
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 9/20/2021 at 11:40 PM, nokat said:

My weakness is white Cheddar crunchy Cheetos. The bad thing is, lots of empty calories. The good thing is, no evidence left on your fingers. The other bad thing is gym penance when my trainer asks about my weekend eating habit.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, ShoePrincess said:

My weakness is white Cheddar crunchy Cheetos. The bad thing is, lots of empty calories. The good thing is, no evidence left on your fingers. The other bad thing is gym penance when my trainer asks about my weekend eating habit.

I had a handful of Cheetos and I was covered in orange dust. You should not have told me  about white cheddar crunchy Cheetos

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
Just now, nokat said:

I had a handful of Cheetos and I was covered in orange dust. You should not have told me  about white cheddar crunchy Cheetos

Sorry about that.

We’re glamping for a few days. Brought our bikes because this area has miles and miles of paved walking/riding trails.  But it’s rained all day. Instead of a 30 mile bike ride, I’ve been munching on Cheetos, drinking wine, and working on a jigsaw puzzle.

• Love 2
Just now, ShoePrincess said:

Sorry about that.

We’re glamping for a few days. Brought our bikes because this area has miles and miles of paved walking/riding trails.  But it’s rained all day. Instead of a 30 mile bike ride, I’ve been munching on Cheetos, drinking wine, and working on a jigsaw puzzle.

That sounds like a great weekend. Both the bikes and the Cheetos.  The jigsaw too.

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, ShoePrincess said:

You know how horses have blinders on, that's me walking down the snack aisle. Now I need white cheddar Cheetos.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, ShoePrincess said:

Sorry about that.

Now . . . if this trip didn't include sleeping in a tent or RV, it would be a perfect vacation.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
26 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Now . . . if this trip didn't include sleeping in a tent or RV, it would be a perfect vacation.  

It does require sleeping in an RV,  but it’s a very comfortable one with a queen size bed, a/c, a nice shower, a large fridge, and an ice maker.

• Love 4
23 minutes ago, ShoePrincess said:

It does require sleeping in an RV,  but it’s a very comfortable one with a queen size bed, a/c, a nice shower, a large fridge, and an ice maker.

But no one to make the bed in the morning and leave chocolates on the pillow after turn-down at night?  LOL.

• LOL 3
40 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

But no one to make the bed in the morning and leave chocolates on the pillow after turn-down at night?  LOL.

I have camped when I was younger, and it was fun, but these days I want a comfy bed and a hot shower or bath.

• Love 4
On 10/1/2021 at 11:22 PM, nokat said:

Do any of you have  something like a NutriBullet? I'm thinking of getting one so I can add greens to a morning smoothie.

Both of my daughters have them and love them. Use them daily. I have a ninja blender that works great for that too. 

• Love 1

For those interested, Dr. Procter has a show on Discovery+ called Too Large.  The thread is here.  He is a bariatric surgeon treating super morbidly obese patients. 

If anyone has any info on whether this will be shown on TLC and when, please let me know.  TLC - The worst channel when it comes to announcing their schedule! 

• Love 2

I just had a family member die from complications of weight loss surgery. She was hardly obese but found someone to do the surgery.  2 weeks later she was very ill, doctor dismissed it as normal. She went to the ER, she was septic. Her entire body cavity was wrecked.  She passed away today. I think we get used to seeing this surgery as a normal thing, its not. Its still dangerous and you need to do your homework and get someone reputable to do it. 

Yes, people minimize the risks, and the lifelong issues that come with WLS.   A friend had the most radical form of gastric bypass about 15 years ago, and he was in and out of the hospital, and a lot of inpatient was ICU, for over two months.    He also had continuing issues with anemia, liver issues, and other chronic problems.    

This show is coming back for Season 10 Episode 1 on 3 November!    The usual time and day, but a week before they announced the return.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Useful 4
On 10/21/2021 at 12:20 AM, PrincessPurrsALot said:

For those interested, Dr. Procter has a show on Discovery+ called Too Large.  The thread is here.  He is a bariatric surgeon treating super morbidly obese patients. 

If anyone has any info on whether this will be shown on TLC and when, please let me know.  TLC - The worst channel when it comes to announcing their schedule! 

As of this afternoon, the "Too Large" program is on TLC's schedule starting at 10pm on Wednesday November 10, 2021. Right after the second new episode of M600PL.

https://www.tlc.com/schedule

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
On 10/25/2021 at 7:21 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

This show is coming back for Season 10 Episode 1 on 3 November!    The usual time and day, but a week before they announced the return.   

Whoot! Gotta get the grapes and sugar free jam so my eating habit will be on point 

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
On 10/25/2021 at 6:21 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

Yes, people minimize the risks, and the lifelong issues that come with WLS.   A friend had the most radical form of gastric bypass about 15 years ago, and he was in and out of the hospital, and a lot of inpatient was ICU, for over two months.    He also had continuing issues with anemia, liver issues, and other chronic problems.    

Many people  don't want to put the effort into dieting and eating better and want a "magic bullet". I'm not saying she was lazy, but sometimes this looks like a quick fix. In the case of my family member, her friends (and her sister) had the surgery. She saw it as being safe. 

And God knows we see people on this show who think the surgery will just make them suddenly slim. However in their cases, they are on the path to dying already. 

I have a friend who is currently looking into it. She lost a large amount of weight before but put it all back on. I know she can do it but then I see her posts about meals she is making etc... and nothing resembles healthy. You can't eat that way after surgery or it won't work. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Love 3

I'm paying the price for making fun of six hundred pound people needing a shower chair. I bought one because I messed up a knee, so I'll hose down like a prize sow. You all don't need to see video.

I did drink orange juice.

Edited by nokat
  • LOL 9
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, nokat said:

I'm paying the price for making fun of six hundred pound people needing a shower chair. I bought one because I messed up a knee, so I'll hose down like a prize sow. You all don't need to see video.

Until you're getting hosed off on the back porch, in full view of the horrified neighbors, don't worry about it.  

• LOL 15
11 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Until you're getting hosed off on the back porch, in full view of the horrified neighbors, don't worry about it.  

I'm pretty sure I won't find a potato chip bag.

• LOL 6

Not sure if this was previously asked but.... does anyone have any info about when the new season starts?   Feels like forever since I've seen a "600 lb life" episode.

And does "1000 lb Sisters" come out around the same time?

Thanks in advance 🎃🎃🎃         Happy Halloween!

This Wednesday, 3 November, 7 to 9 p.m. Central is the start of the next season.   There are already live chat, and episode threads ready to go.  (I saw they were starting on 10 November, but it's 3 November).  

I think the Slatons come back about the middle of November. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, ShoePrincess said:

I hope to be able to join in tonight’s snarkiest. I see the new episode is followed by No-Hygiene Jeanne redux. 

No-Hy-Jeanne. A classic!

Can't wait to see you all tonight! I hope that we have a success story or two sprinkled in amongst the ruins of this season. 

• Love 1
On 10/31/2021 at 3:38 PM, nokat said:

did  you have grapes, too?   I did not recognize you since you changed your avatar.

Starting this Wednesday, November 10, Dr. Proctor's show "Too Large" that initially ran on Disc. + will be on TLC at 10 p.m. Eastern.   So right after Dr. Now, we get Dr. Proctor.    It will be interesting to me to see the different approach.  

• Useful 3
  • Love 2

Does anyone else think they must have hired a new writer this season? God knows they needed to. I was SO TIRED of hearing everyone say, "...like I need" without the "to" on the end. I understand we're not supposed to end a sentence with a preposition when we write, but that's not how people talk.

Late to the start of the new season, I am watching Nathan's ep. But I had a thought, since most people seem to have a better time watching someone who ultimately succeeds on this show, the producers should offer an incentive for those who sign up for the show. Either a substantial bonus for sticking to the plan and doing well, or getting half their fee for shooting the season and the other half IF they are a success and the show is aired. I get that they need to have material for episodes, successes or failures,but I think this would be a good plan. 

• Useful 2
6 minutes ago, newyawk said:

Late to the start of the new season, I am watching Nathan's ep. But I had a thought, since most people seem to have a better time watching someone who ultimately succeeds on this show, the producers should offer an incentive for those who sign up for the show. Either a substantial bonus for sticking to the plan and doing well, or getting half their fee for shooting the season and the other half IF they are a success and the show is aired. I get that they need to have material for episodes, successes or failures,but I think this would be a good plan. 

I think most of us really want to see the successful outcomes. I wanted that for Nathan and it helped that Nathan and his wife were pleasant, intelligent people. We do like to snark at the unpleasant, nasty people.

I'm not sure that monetary rewards would help someone deep into addiction.

• Love 1

As we know, food issues aren't always about overeating. I am getting scarily close to not wanting to eat because it makes me feel ill.

I've had my heart checked, my blood checked, but my feet swell up and the skin sloughs off and I'm pretty sure it is an allergy again. My body likes to keep me guessing so it might be swollen eyes or hives or big lumps on my arms. I haven't had the prick test for a couple years. It's always "you're allergic to most everything."

A few days without food and I start feeling really weak.

TMI warning. I ate, but I ate refried beans. You know where this is going. I got the sneezes and my delicate self was sneeze/farting my way through the house. Thankfully it was just in the house and not while I was in Target. I'm like sneaking out to check the mail and hoping I don't see the neighbor who likes to have a chat.

That said, I'm looking forward to live chat for the next 600 lb episode.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2