Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

Small Talk: Only 2 Ounces Of Commenting Allowed

2 hours ago, Hellga said:

Happy Easter to all of us of Orthodox persuasion!

I went to a small family-operated Greek restaurant after church since I wanted my first meat-containing meal to be special.  The lamb was excellent (and I think everyone eating in and getting takeout was getting lamb!) but the green beans... If I didn't know better (I do, and I make excellent green beans), I would have decided I don't like green vegetables.  No, these were simply overcooked to death, it's not the vegetable's fault.  

Also, my body seems to have forgotten how filling real food is.  :) I am pretty sure pre-Lent I would have eaten more of what was on my plate, though no way would I have finished all of it. 

Christ has risen.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, crazycatlady58 said:

Christ has risen.

He is truly risen. 

• Like 2

On 3/6/2021 at 10:49 PM, nokat said:

You are all going to shame me for daring to have some vegetable soup instead of tomato? :P I have made my own tomato soup but I'm not really a fan.

You're not alone. I love grilled cheese with vegetable soup.

• Like 2

Well, Pounders, I should be on time for chat tomorrow. I learned an important lesson while we were glamping recently. If you take a step backwards, make sure there's something behind you to put your foot on. I sort of missed a step and made an very ungraceful exit from our RV. Fortunately, I was able to catch the grab bar by the door and prevent myself from whacking my head on the pavement, but I did manage to get some ugly scrapes and bruises and a hairline fracture in my tibia. I will be ensconced on the sofa with my foot propped up on pillows, and ice pack on my leg, and a glass of wine by my side.

• Like 2
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 6

Oh, sorry to hear that ShoePrincess. I hope that you heal quickly. The liquefied grapes should help with the pain.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, OoogleEyes said:

Oh, sorry to hear that ShoePrincess. I hope that you heal quickly. The liquefied grapes should help with the pain.

Thanks, Oogle Eyes. The grapes definitely help. They have remarkable pain relief properties.

• Like 4
  • Laugh 1

Since it's the end of the season, I was looking for a GIF that reflects on this.  I was thinking of a season ending walk in the park for the Pounders, when I came upon this.  Given that it shows greasy food (but its fraaaahhhhd!!!!!!!) and a recommendation to go to a park, it seems spot on.

giphy.gif

• Like 2
  • Laugh 12

This is the bus we will catch in our gasoline soaked drawers, and I'm sure the snark would continue the entire way.

My eating habit today was half a rib eye steak, steamed broccoli, and a baked potato.

bus_to_hell.jpg.15324a05bef9fee2c58baf241530f6f3.jpg

• Like 1
  • Laugh 5

I bought two types of grapes, and I feel I'm being judged on Bacchus terms with unfermented grapes (that cause obesity along with oranges). Okay, associated with fertility, drama, and revelry. Fertility because why and how. Drama, lots of drama, and revelry as a pizza is downed in two minutes.

• Laugh 3

So strange, it's a Wednesday and there is no snarking and no sharing eating habits...  I guess I will go for a long walk.  I need it since I bought absolutely delicious pastries at the Russian store... plus I still have a slice of the chocolate cake I bought on Sunday and haven't gotten around to eating it.  I should eat it today before it goes bad...  

• Like 8

Glad to hear Hellges that you're able to enjoy some things after your onerous Lenten fast.  You reminded me that I had some leftover Red Velvet cake from supper at my sister's on Monday.  I have to finish it off so I can return her container tomorrow, don't I?

I am missing our Wednesday snarks too.  I even thought of returning to 90DF on Sundays, but I can't bear to watch those people.  I might just follow the snark. 

• Like 2

I even thought of returning to 90DF on Sundays, but I can't bear to watch those people.

If it weren't for the extra sharp snarking skills of the people who post during the live chat, I'd ditch watching this season of HEA all together. Seeing Jovi's big teeth makes me think I'm watching the weirdest episode of "Mr. Ed" ever.

• Laugh 4

On 5/12/2021 at 5:02 PM, Hellga said:

So strange, it's a Wednesday and there is no snarking and no sharing eating habits...  I guess I will go for a long walk.  I need it since I bought absolutely delicious pastries at the Russian store... plus I still have a slice of the chocolate cake I bought on Sunday and haven't gotten around to eating it.  I should eat it today before it goes bad...  

I know. I had my snacks and the devil's fermented liquid grapes ready to go, but no 600 pounders on the television and no snarkers to snark with.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, ShoePrincess said:

I know. I had my snacks and the devil's fermented liquid grapes ready to go, but no 600 pounders on the television and no snarkers to snark with.

Tonight there is a supersized version of no_hyjeanne and Brandon. I have my grapes chilled and waiting. If I watch Top Chef first, who knows what may happen.

22 minutes ago, nokat said:

Tonight there is a supersized version of no_hyjeanne and Brandon. I have my grapes chilled and waiting. If I watch Top Chef first, who knows what may happen.

That's what I'm doing tonight. LackofhyJeanne is still nasty, but Top Chef should be interesting. I saved the fermented grapes and cheese for that.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ShoePrincess said:

That's what I'm doing tonight. LackofhyJeanne is still nasty, but Top Chef should be interesting. I saved the fermented grapes and cheese for that.

Oooh, what cheese? I haven't done Brie in a while.

10 hours ago, nokat said:

Oooh, what cheese? I haven't done Brie in a while.

It was Brie, which is my second favorite after Camembert. I love those soft, aromatic French cheeses with the bloomy rinds. I also had a slice of homemade pate. The demon grapes were fermented in France. 

We vacationed in Normandy a few years ago, and the butter, cream, and cheese (especially the Camambert) were so good. Thee apples and pears, too. It was fall, so thy were in season. I'd go back just for the cheese.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, ShoePrincess said:

Brie, which is my second favorite after Camembert

I like the soft cheeses too, but lately I've been using blue cheese crumbles on my salads. I never thought in my younger years that I'd be eating moldy cheese, but it is so good.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, nokat said:

I like the soft cheeses too, but lately I've been using blue cheese crumbles on my salads. I never thought in my younger years that I'd be eating moldy cheese, but it is so good.

We've started doing that, too.  Yummy.

One of my favorite cheeses is stilton, but it's kind of spendy.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

We've started doing that, too.  Yummy.

One of my favorite cheeses is stilton, but it's kind of spendy.

If you've ever watched To the Manor Born, the Brigadier waiting for the train just for his stilton was hilarious.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ShoePrincess said:

It was Brie, which is my second favorite after Camembert. 

Mmmmm. Now I want baked brie.

• Like 2

On 3/31/2021 at 4:45 PM, Caoimhe said:

I liked Justin and hope he’s still doing well.

I also hope that Chrissshhun is still free of Maja.  Don’t really care how she’s doing.

Loved Justin!  So determined and just a good guy all around.

Maja:  Oh Lord.  Yeah, keep losing 8 pounds a month, leave Houston and go home to your mom and grandma and all the home baked carb filled goodies and start fighting with everyone.  Sounds like it will all work out great!  And Maja?  CUT. YOUR. HAIR.

I am glad Crisshun is free of her weird ways.  I can't help but remember when she fell in the parking garage and looked like a giant beetle on her back.  Yet I did not feel bad for her as she was so rude to the car rental clerk.

On 4/6/2021 at 10:25 AM, AZChristian said:

Appropriate meme for this week AFTER Easter.

Capture.JPG

I can't express how much I love this!!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, nokat said:

I like the moldy cheeses, too. Have you tried smoked blue cheese? I like to crumble a bit of that on a salad of baby greens, cucumbers, mushrooms, apples, and walnuts. It's a perfect combination of textures and flavors.

Now I'm hungry!

• Like 2
  • Laugh 1

44 minutes ago, ShoePrincess said:

I like the moldy cheeses, too. Have you tried smoked blue cheese? I like to crumble a bit of that on a salad of baby greens, cucumbers, mushrooms, apples, and walnuts. It's a perfect combination of textures and flavors.

Now I'm hungry!

I haven't tried it and that salad sounds delicious.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ShoePrincess said:

Now I'm hungry!

I am eating cheese as we speak.  

• Like 1
  • Laugh 1

7 hours ago, nokat said:

I haven't tried it and that salad sounds delicious.

It's very delicious. I dress it with a vinaigrette made with walnut oil, cider vinegar, coarse grain mustard, and minced shallots.

11 hours ago, ShoePrincess said:

It's very delicious. I dress it with a vinaigrette made with walnut oil, cider vinegar, coarse grain mustard, and minced shallots.

I may have to try walnut oil. I usually do virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar but I like the idea of adding mustard.

I broke my foot last week, and my husband has to help me in and out of the tub. The first few days he also had to help me dry off, too. I told him it makes me feel like I’m on the show 😂

• Like 1
  • Laugh 9

1 hour ago, ilovebeaarthur said:

I broke my foot last week, and my husband has to help me in and out of the tub. The first few days he also had to help me dry off, too. I told him it makes me feel like I’m on the show 😂

Hopefully he's not bringing you a plastic bin to pee in or washing you with a bleach solution. Should we send you a white folding table and a doublewide wheelchair? 

• Laugh 8