Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: Only 2 Ounces Of Commenting Allowed

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Hellga said:

Happy Easter to all of us of Orthodox persuasion!

I went to a small family-operated Greek restaurant after church since I wanted my first meat-containing meal to be special.  The lamb was excellent (and I think everyone eating in and getting takeout was getting lamb!) but the green beans... If I didn't know better (I do, and I make excellent green beans), I would have decided I don't like green vegetables.  No, these were simply overcooked to death, it's not the vegetable's fault.  

Also, my body seems to have forgotten how filling real food is.  :) I am pretty sure pre-Lent I would have eaten more of what was on my plate, though no way would I have finished all of it. 

Christ has risen.

• Love 2
On 3/6/2021 at 10:49 PM, nokat said:

You are all going to shame me for daring to have some vegetable soup instead of tomato? :P I have made my own tomato soup but I'm not really a fan.

You're not alone. I love grilled cheese with vegetable soup.

• Love 2

Well, Pounders, I should be on time for chat tomorrow. I learned an important lesson while we were glamping recently. If you take a step backwards, make sure there's something behind you to put your foot on. I sort of missed a step and made an very ungraceful exit from our RV. Fortunately, I was able to catch the grab bar by the door and prevent myself from whacking my head on the pavement, but I did manage to get some ugly scrapes and bruises and a hairline fracture in my tibia. I will be ensconced on the sofa with my foot propped up on pillows, and ice pack on my leg, and a glass of wine by my side.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, OoogleEyes said:

Oh, sorry to hear that ShoePrincess. I hope that you heal quickly. The liquefied grapes should help with the pain.

Thanks, Oogle Eyes. The grapes definitely help. They have remarkable pain relief properties.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

Since it's the end of the season, I was looking for a GIF that reflects on this.  I was thinking of a season ending walk in the park for the Pounders, when I came upon this.  Given that it shows greasy food (but its fraaaahhhhd!!!!!!!) and a recommendation to go to a park, it seems spot on.

giphy.gif

• LOL 12
  • Love 2

This is the bus we will catch in our gasoline soaked drawers, and I'm sure the snark would continue the entire way.

My eating habit today was half a rib eye steak, steamed broccoli, and a baked potato.

bus_to_hell.jpg.15324a05bef9fee2c58baf241530f6f3.jpg

• LOL 6
  • Love 1

I bought two types of grapes, and I feel I'm being judged on Bacchus terms with unfermented grapes (that cause obesity along with oranges). Okay, associated with fertility, drama, and revelry. Fertility because why and how. Drama, lots of drama, and revelry as a pizza is downed in two minutes.

• LOL 3

So strange, it's a Wednesday and there is no snarking and no sharing eating habits...  I guess I will go for a long walk.  I need it since I bought absolutely delicious pastries at the Russian store... plus I still have a slice of the chocolate cake I bought on Sunday and haven't gotten around to eating it.  I should eat it today before it goes bad...  

• Love 8

Glad to hear Hellges that you're able to enjoy some things after your onerous Lenten fast.  You reminded me that I had some leftover Red Velvet cake from supper at my sister's on Monday.  I have to finish it off so I can return her container tomorrow, don't I?

I am missing our Wednesday snarks too.  I even thought of returning to 90DF on Sundays, but I can't bear to watch those people.  I might just follow the snark. 

• Love 2

I even thought of returning to 90DF on Sundays, but I can't bear to watch those people.

If it weren't for the extra sharp snarking skills of the people who post during the live chat, I'd ditch watching this season of HEA all together. Seeing Jovi's big teeth makes me think I'm watching the weirdest episode of "Mr. Ed" ever.

• LOL 4
On 5/12/2021 at 5:02 PM, Hellga said:

So strange, it's a Wednesday and there is no snarking and no sharing eating habits...  I guess I will go for a long walk.  I need it since I bought absolutely delicious pastries at the Russian store... plus I still have a slice of the chocolate cake I bought on Sunday and haven't gotten around to eating it.  I should eat it today before it goes bad...  

I know. I had my snacks and the devil's fermented liquid grapes ready to go, but no 600 pounders on the television and no snarkers to snark with.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, ShoePrincess said:

I know. I had my snacks and the devil's fermented liquid grapes ready to go, but no 600 pounders on the television and no snarkers to snark with.

Tonight there is a supersized version of no_hyjeanne and Brandon. I have my grapes chilled and waiting. If I watch Top Chef first, who knows what may happen.

22 minutes ago, nokat said:

Tonight there is a supersized version of no_hyjeanne and Brandon. I have my grapes chilled and waiting. If I watch Top Chef first, who knows what may happen.

That's what I'm doing tonight. LackofhyJeanne is still nasty, but Top Chef should be interesting. I saved the fermented grapes and cheese for that.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, ShoePrincess said:

That's what I'm doing tonight. LackofhyJeanne is still nasty, but Top Chef should be interesting. I saved the fermented grapes and cheese for that.

Oooh, what cheese? I haven't done Brie in a while.

10 hours ago, nokat said:

Oooh, what cheese? I haven't done Brie in a while.

It was Brie, which is my second favorite after Camembert. I love those soft, aromatic French cheeses with the bloomy rinds. I also had a slice of homemade pate. The demon grapes were fermented in France. 

We vacationed in Normandy a few years ago, and the butter, cream, and cheese (especially the Camambert) were so good. Thee apples and pears, too. It was fall, so thy were in season. I'd go back just for the cheese.

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, ShoePrincess said:

Brie, which is my second favorite after Camembert

I like the soft cheeses too, but lately I've been using blue cheese crumbles on my salads. I never thought in my younger years that I'd be eating moldy cheese, but it is so good.

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, nokat said:

I like the soft cheeses too, but lately I've been using blue cheese crumbles on my salads. I never thought in my younger years that I'd be eating moldy cheese, but it is so good.

We've started doing that, too.  Yummy.

One of my favorite cheeses is stilton, but it's kind of spendy.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

We've started doing that, too.  Yummy.

One of my favorite cheeses is stilton, but it's kind of spendy.

If you've ever watched To the Manor Born, the Brigadier waiting for the train just for his stilton was hilarious.

• Love 2
On 3/31/2021 at 4:45 PM, Caoimhe said:

I liked Justin and hope he’s still doing well.

I also hope that Chrissshhun is still free of Maja.  Don’t really care how she’s doing.

Loved Justin!  So determined and just a good guy all around.

Maja:  Oh Lord.  Yeah, keep losing 8 pounds a month, leave Houston and go home to your mom and grandma and all the home baked carb filled goodies and start fighting with everyone.  Sounds like it will all work out great!  And Maja?  CUT. YOUR. HAIR.

I am glad Crisshun is free of her weird ways.  I can't help but remember when she fell in the parking garage and looked like a giant beetle on her back.  Yet I did not feel bad for her as she was so rude to the car rental clerk.

On 4/6/2021 at 10:25 AM, AZChristian said:

Appropriate meme for this week AFTER Easter.

Capture.JPG

I can't express how much I love this!!

• Love 2
4 hours ago, nokat said:

I like the moldy cheeses, too. Have you tried smoked blue cheese? I like to crumble a bit of that on a salad of baby greens, cucumbers, mushrooms, apples, and walnuts. It's a perfect combination of textures and flavors.

Now I'm hungry!

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
44 minutes ago, ShoePrincess said:

I like the moldy cheeses, too. Have you tried smoked blue cheese? I like to crumble a bit of that on a salad of baby greens, cucumbers, mushrooms, apples, and walnuts. It's a perfect combination of textures and flavors.

Now I'm hungry!

I haven't tried it and that salad sounds delicious.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, nokat said:

I haven't tried it and that salad sounds delicious.

It's very delicious. I dress it with a vinaigrette made with walnut oil, cider vinegar, coarse grain mustard, and minced shallots.

11 hours ago, ShoePrincess said:

It's very delicious. I dress it with a vinaigrette made with walnut oil, cider vinegar, coarse grain mustard, and minced shallots.

I may have to try walnut oil. I usually do virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar but I like the idea of adding mustard.

1 hour ago, ilovebeaarthur said:

I broke my foot last week, and my husband has to help me in and out of the tub. The first few days he also had to help me dry off, too. I told him it makes me feel like I’m on the show 😂

Hopefully he's not bringing you a plastic bin to pee in or washing you with a bleach solution. Should we send you a white folding table and a doublewide wheelchair? 

• LOL 9

I had my own hot firemen moment. I fell and had trouble getting back up. I had hit my head hard and didn't want to stand until checked out.  Firemen showed up and my pulse may have picked up. It only took two of them to get me back on my feet because I'm under 140 lbs but I did need them. I knew I was okay because I was thinking I'm living the 600 lb dream.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8

Glad you're okay, @nokat.  Our local firefighters are known for taking the truck to the grocery store.  Most of them stand around the truck in the parking lot and flex.  I don't think it takes the whole company to pick up groceries, but the sure do look good doing it.  🙂

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

Glad you're okay, @nokat.  Our local firefighters are known for taking the truck to the grocery store.  Most of them stand around the truck in the parking lot and flex.  I don't think it takes the whole company to pick up groceries, but the sure do look good doing it.  🙂

Thanks, it was scary for a bit and my dignity was hurt but they were so sweet. Laughing about the flexing. :D I see groups of police officers shopping occasionally. I'm partial to a man in uniform, what can I say. ;)

• Love 3
On 6/26/2021 at 10:33 PM, nokat said:

I had my own hot firemen moment. I fell and had trouble getting back up. I had hit my head hard and didn't want to stand until checked out.  Firemen showed up and my pulse may have picked up. It only took two of them to get me back on my feet because I'm under 140 lbs but I did need them. I knew I was okay because I was thinking I'm living the 600 lb dream.

I am on a fitness/weight loss journey right now, and I tell my friends, "my goal is that if I need rescuing, only TWO sexy firefighters will have to come, and they wont need to call for back up."

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
18 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

I am on a fitness/weight loss journey right now, and I tell my friends, "my goal is that if I need rescuing, only TWO sexy firefighters will have to come, and they wont need to call for back up."

Good luck on your journey! You want the back up though.  As @PrincesspurrsALot has said, they look good even if only two are needed.

My gateway fruit has been cantaloupe. I also caught the husband thumping watermelons. Sitting on the porch spitting out watermelon seeds: goals.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
On 6/26/2021 at 10:33 PM, nokat said:

Glad you're okay. Two hunky firemen is better than no hunky firemen.

I didn't have hunky firemen, but I did have several hunky shirtless men in my yard the other day. Landscapers. I enjoyed the show.

In other news, I had my breast reduction surgery two weeks ago. I feel like a huge weight has been lifted from my body. In reality, it was just 6 pounds. But what a difference. Can't wait to buy a swimsuit that actually fits. If I got one to fit the girls, it was saggy and baggy everywhere else. If it fit elsewhere, the girls were trying to escape. 

Now I need to work on getting rid of the pandemic poundage. Surgeon says I can go back to the gym (but no heavy lifting for upper body) and start riding my bike in a couple of weeks.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, ShoePrincess said:

In other news, I had my breast reduction surgery two weeks ago. I feel like a huge weight has been lifted from my body. In reality, it was just 6 pounds. But what a difference.

Had that done about 14 years ago after losing 120+ pounds.  With the help of the surgery, I went from a 38 long to a 36 C.  Haven't ever regretted it!!!!

• Love 7
2 hours ago, AZChristian said:

Had that done about 14 years ago after losing 120+ pounds.  With the help of the surgery, I went from a 38 long to a 36 C.  Haven't ever regretted it!!!!

I went from an H to a C cup, and mine are no longer Longs. It's taking some getting used to, but I'm glad I did it. 

• Love 6

How is everyone doing?  It's summer, the ultimate temptation season with all kinds of gateway fruit beckoning!

A friend came to visit from NYC and we went to a wonderful berry farm in New Hampshire.  Picked black currants, red currants, gooseberries and an amazing variety of blueberries that taste just like bilberries (they have regular blueberries too, but I don't need to pick them 90 minutes away when there are several orchards 15-20 minutes from my home).  I even made jam, and for the first time ever - jelly, where I strained the pulp through the sieve before adding sugar.  Yum.  Will be baking blueberry tart later today.  

• Love 8

I broke my foot last week, and my husband has to help me in and out of the tub. The first few days he also had to help me dry off, too. I told him it makes me feel like I’m on the show 😂

Or like Dorothy Zbornak when she had her surgery for Morton's Neuroma. ;)

How is everyone doing?  It's summer, the ultimate temptation season with all kinds of gateway fruit beckoning!

I got a job in a tasting room at a local vineyard. I thought it was going to be my dream job, but it's too much like housekeeping. We are not allowed breaks (we're not that busy! Jeez!). The manager asked me why I was shaking while pouring wine and I said I was hungry. Instead of saying, "Go get something to eat," she just said, "Oh." This is just a side hustle and if it continues to feel like I'm working at a 19th century Dickensian workhouse, I am out the door.

On 7/26/2021 at 12:33 PM, mmecorday said:

I got a job in a tasting room at a local vineyard. I thought it was going to be my dream job, but it's too much like housekeeping. We are not allowed breaks (we're not that busy! Jeez!). The manager asked me why I was shaking while pouring wine and I said I was hungry. Instead of saying, "Go get something to eat," she just said, "Oh." This is just a side hustle and if it continues to feel like I'm working at a 19th century Dickensian workhouse, I am out the door.

Oh no! I'm very sorry to hear that.  It sounded like a dream job. I'm sorry it's turned into a nightmare. 

Tell me the name of the winery so I won't patronize it. Coming from my family, it would add up to a pretty penny

• Love 1
On 7/26/2021 at 11:33 AM, mmecorday said:

Or like Dorothy Zbornak when she had her surgery for Morton's Neuroma. ;)

You mean she didn't even offer you a bowl of gruel? 

I always thought it would be fun to work in a winery tasting room, but I may rethink that. Not that there are lots of wineries in southern Indiana.

• Love 1

Peaches, nectarines, apricots, and plums, oh my.  I've been eating all of the mentioned, plus some kind of plum/cherry hybrid that is really tasty.

On 8/3/2021 at 4:24 PM, ShoePrincess said:

You mean she didn't even offer you a bowl of gruel? 

At least some gruel, if not porridge.

• LOL 1
On 8/5/2021 at 9:14 AM, PrincessPurrsALot said:

Those cherry plums are too good.  Must stop urge to eat dozens.  Next thing you know I'll be 600 lbs., passed out in bed, covered in cherry plum juice.  Of course, I'll explain that it's the mattress that makes me look fat. 

If you must, don't forget the hot firefighters. If they don't have to tilt the mattress to roll you out of bed, you're good yet.

I've been limiting myself to five cherry plums a day. I have no idea about calories, but they are so good. I also bought Washington cherries.  So good. I do throw in a vegetable occasionally. :)