Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: Only 2 Ounces Of Commenting Allowed

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I have other things to watch, but am setting my DVR for the original Nicole episode.    The bathing on the back porch part, and the police raid at the rental house is must see TV, as well as the first hotel stay. 

Priorities of course. :D

• LOL 2

Had to share this:

There's a facebook group called View from My Window that I follow. This evening, scrolling through my feed, I saw a picture someone posted of two Orioles eating at the feeder they put out...which consisted of a peeled orange with grape jelly on it (with a metal skewer through the middle that holds it in an oval-shaped frame). No word if the jelly is sugar-free or not.

Should I tell her she's just asking for 600 pound birds?

Similar to this, except the orange was just peeled, not cut in half:

Fruit-Spear-Bird-Feeder_01.jpg?resizeid=

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

I went to a vineyard with a friend of mine over the weekend. We ordered a snack basket, which contained a small orange. As my friend was peeling it, I told her, "You eat that, the next thing you know Dr. Now will be telling you, 'You need to lose 50 pound in the next munt.'"

• LOL 8
On 9/9/2020 at 11:31 AM, JunkFoodTV said:

@Ralphster Have you watched Schenee? Nicole? They are a hate fest of epic proportions. 😆

Oh Lord, have I ever! SO MUCH material there, it's hard to know where to start! Cracked up at "loud mouth lard." XD So apt, so to the point.

Seriously, though, I find Nicole beyond hateful. She is trashing her children's lives and like any other narcissist, only cares about her own shitty childhood. She gives no shits that she is inflicting the same song-and-dance onto the next generation. The "Where are they now?" episode with her was unreal; the way she screamed at Charlie at the gas station, right across her children's faces, was horrifying. I grew up with that kind of shit and it's TERRIFYING when your parents scream across you like that. I hope Nicole gets run over by a steamroller. She's full of rage and very, very frightening. Short of divine intervention, it's guaranteed that her children will be mentally ill and highly dysfunctional. Schenee is several fries short of a Happy Meal, but at least she isn't inflicting her issues onto innocent children that we could see. It's a disgrace that Nicole's children haven't been removed from the home. I know the excuses that social services gives, but seriously, she is abusing those children day in and day out and they deserve better.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Ralphster said:

Schenee is several fries short of a Happy Meal

I am giving you notice that I am stealing that phrase, because it's perfect for the pounders.

Who am I kidding, it's perfect for many people including me.

Edited by nokat
  • LOL 3
9 minutes ago, nokat said:

I am giving you notice that I am stealing that phrase, because it's perfect for the pounders.

Who am I kidding, it's perfect for many people including me.

🙂 Steal away, my friend! I, as a matter of fact, borrowed it from the schoolyard of years ago (albeit, I rephrased it). There's also the perennial classic "a few clowns short of a circus."

It's also nice to say "dumber than a box of hair" rather than the commonplace, and expected, "stupid." 😉

• LOL 3
8 minutes ago, Ralphster said:

It's also nice to say "dumber than a box of hair" rather than the commonplace, and expected, "stupid." 😉

I've always liked "there's a village missing its idiot."

• LOL 3

Schenee claims she's pregnant, and will be induced or a C-section at 11 months.  Freddie left her for some other Ho, and supposedly they moved to Alabama (I'm not thrilled about that either, I really do live here).     

Nicole was also talking about having more kids too,   I don't know if she is, but I pity that kid too.    It's been so long since I actually listened to the whole episode, but the first kid has a long disappeared father, and isn't the second one some other guy too?    I might have that wrong.    My guess on the move back to Ohio for a 'cheaper, better house' was fueled by getting evicted in Texas (there were rumors at the time), and that no one would rent to them again, especially with the parents around.     

• Useful 1
50 minutes ago, cynicat said:

What kind of a baby is she having that needs 11 months of gestation?

Even a cow delivers sooner than that!

33 minutes ago, OoogleEyes said:

What, is she a sea cow?

Elephant? Manatee? 

How is she even pregnant? 🤔 Never mind, no visual aids please. 😨

aa931f79dd5f9c357c9bce63f718054f.jpg

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Schenee claims she's pregnant, and will be induced or a C-section at 11 months.

That is so weird that for once, I'm at a loss for words.

@nokat So true, "There's a village missing its idiot" is pretty much the gold standard for this kind of insult 🙂

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, JunkFoodTV said:

How is she even pregnant? 🤔 Never mind, no visual aids please.

Just because you wrote that, I gave myself a vomit inducing visual, probably inspired by the very pregnant donkey. I am back to my pre-covid weight so losing my appetite today will keep me there.

• LOL 2
3 minutes ago, nokat said:

Just because you wrote that, I gave myself a vomit inducing visual, probably inspired by the very pregnant donkey. I am back to my pre-covid weight so losing my appetite today will keep me there.

So sorry or you're welcome! Not sure which. 😉

4 hours ago, JunkFoodTV said:

I appreciate your research. 🐳 (yes, I know it's a whale, my phone doesn't have a sea lion)

I want your phone to have a sea lion, even if they're annoying. If you just want something fat and whiny I volunteer.

Expecting you to hose me down on the porch once a week was asking a lot. I still fit in a shower.

Edited by nokat
  • LOL 5
16 hours ago, nokat said:

I want your phone to have a sea lion, even if they're annoying. If you just want something fat and whiny I volunteer.

Expecting you to hose me down on the porch once a week was asking a lot. I still fit in a shower.

Oh really no problem. We have equipment washers that will even clean your undercarriage. We'll just roll ya through. Like we do for the tractors. 🚜🤓

• LOL 3
6 hours ago, JunkFoodTV said:

Oh really no problem. We have equipment washers that will even clean your undercarriage. We'll just roll ya through. Like we do for the tractors. 🚜🤓

Now I want my undercarriage cleaned. Being compared to a tractor made my day.

Get out the big hose and roll her over. There might be a small dog or a potato chip bag in there.

Edited by nokat
  • LOL 3
1 hour ago, nokat said:

Now I want my undercarriage cleaned. Being compared to a tractor made my day.

Get out the big hose and roll her over. There might be a small dog or a potato chip bag in there.

Actually I was thinking our wash rack could be handy for many of our pounders. 🐖 Then don't forget to moisturize. 

buffalo-bill-dog-silence-of-the-lambs-screenshot.jpg

Edited by JunkFoodTV
It's a rack not a rake!
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, JunkFoodTV said:

Actually I was thinking our wash rack could be handy for many of our pounders. 🐖 Then don't forget to moisturize.

buffalo-bill-dog-silence-of-the-lambs-screenshot.jpg

That visual of the pounders being rolled through the wash racks... A new source of income right there, because I would pay to see that.

You puts the lotion on the skin. ;)

Edited by nokat
  • LOL 2
On 8/31/2020 at 4:39 PM, nokat said:

And don't freeze them in this hot weather says the grape pusher.

Why not?  I LOVE frozen grapes, and was first introduced to them when we'd all come back from herding the Chessie puppy, on a very hot summer day.
They frosted themselves.
Always know though,  never give grapes or raisins to dogs, as probably not to cats either.

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, auntjess said:

Why not?  I LOVE frozen grapes, and was first introduced to them when we'd all come back from herding the Chessie puppy, on a very hot summer day.
They frosted themselves.
Always know though,  never give grapes or raisins to dogs, as probably not to cats either.

I was being sarcastic, because frozen grapes are delicious. I know about a lot of foods that weren't safe for pets, but didn't know grapes weren't safe. Thanks for alerting me.

A lot of "human" food isn't safe. Onions/garlic, chocolate. I almost wrote house plants as part of human food. I don't usually nom nom on house plants.

Edited by nokat
  • Love 3

I see all of the talcum powder being put in folds, and that is not safe. (Who am I kidding, eating that many calories a day is not safe.)

I don't have that many folds, but I do put antiperspirant under my breasts. I don't know why I'm admitting that but if helps anyone with boobs or moobs, I'll be happy.

• LOL 5
6 hours ago, nokat said:

I see all of the talcum powder being put in folds, and that is not safe. (Who am I kidding, eating that many calories a day is not safe.)

I don't have that many folds, but I do put antiperspirant under my breasts. I don't know why I'm admitting that but if helps anyone with boobs or moobs, I'll be happy.

My family uses corn starch. We are pretty much foldless. Although my daughters both have chesticles, I do not. Flat as a board. Always have been. 😑 A few curves would have been nice. But since I'm also very short I guess my boyish build works. 😄

Now I need to talk myself into picking a shit ton of tomatoes. Such a bum....

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, JunkFoodTV said:

My family uses corn starch. We are pretty much foldless. Although my daughters both have chesticles, I do not. Flat as a board. Always have been. 😑 A few curves would have been nice. But since I'm also very short I guess my boyish build works. 😄

Now I need to talk myself into picking a shit ton of tomatoes. Such a bum....

And when you brush the corn starch from the folds, you can make gravy.

• LOL 5
1 hour ago, OoogleEyes said:

Are you going to do anything special with the shit ton?

Going to give away what I can. Maybe I'll trying including a zucchini with them! Then freeze a lot of them for soups and stews. My sister in law cans them. I should, but after putting up tons of peaches, I just don't want to! 😞

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, nokat said:

I wasn't flat, but a stick. Menopause made things grow, including chin hair. I needed new bras.

Yes, menopause. Fun for the whole family! "I'm too hot, I'm too cold" and forgetful....thought I was losing my mind. 

• LOL 1
21 minutes ago, JunkFoodTV said:

I have left buckets of strawberries on porches. See, I'm a good neighbor. 😇

I won't tell you how much sweet corn we used to share. Or cherries. Or apples. I love neighbors being generous with produce.

I was teasing a bit about the zucchini but it tends to be prolific and I ate it about every way you could cook it during its season. Also squash and pumpkin. Tomatoes, you can only can so much after you've eaten fresh tomatoes for weeks.

Edited by nokat
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, JunkFoodTV said:

Channeling Mr. Rogers. "Please won't you be my neighbor." 😆

You might get apple pie or peach cobbler. I'm a decent baker. :) Cherry, plum, blueberry or raspberry preserves. Pumpkin pie.

Had to add zucchini bread, cake, and fried zucchini. You're welcome. :D

Edited by nokat
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

While shopping today at the local Food Lion, I actually saw someone who could have easily been 600 pounds riding around on one of those motorized carts.

Then my fat ass went on a hike that used to be easy for me and I was struggling to finish it today.

Good morning everyone! Sorry for not being around much but I'm in home renovation hell right now (lots of water damage from a broken pipe, lots of repairs to be done). I did want to give an update - the plateau of the past few months seems to finally be breaking and I've been losing weight again (yay!). Started being much more careful with monitoring what I was eating and doing more exercise, which definitely helped.

The end result - I'm now exactly 200lbs, on the nose! And my new jacket is Large (no more XLs for me!). All the new stuff I bought for this fall are getting quite roomy and I've been able to move a lot of things from the aspirational side of my closet to the "can wear it now" side. I'm more than halfway to my goal weight and am so thrilled. My hope is that by this time next year I'll be at goal.

Hope that everyone is doing well and that you're all taking care of yourselves. I'll try to be around a bit more (at least so I can stop crying over the state of my kitchen).

• Love 12
3 hours ago, Hana Chan said:

The end result - I'm now exactly 200lbs, on the nose!

Congratulations Hana Chan! That is great news.

I haven't been out walking as much as I'd like because the air quality is so poor this time of year (fires in California). I have been doing pretty well with adding veggies and leafy greens to my diet, and eating lean baked chicken thighs (skinless) that are really good with smoked paprika and last time I added some red pepper flakes for some heat. I eat lots of whole grains because I want my carbs and lots of beans.

You really can make healthy food that is tasty, and I think there should be someone other than just a dietitian to help poundicipants but someone who teaches them how to cook. You don't need lots of fat and sugar to make things tasty.

• Love 3

I had the old Willy Wonka on in the background, and the oompa loompa song came on. "What do you get when you guzzle down sweets? Eating as much as an elephant eats? What are you at getting terribly fat?" Those oompa loompas are judgmental. ;)

• LOL 5

I am late to the harvest party, but I spent September with my Mom, and I was dealing with produce too.  My Mom hates tomato sauce and doesn't care for canned tomatoes, so our two ways of dealing with excess tomatoes are tomato juice (a whole frigging wall of tomato juice jars, in two varieties - lots-o-basil and regular) and picking them green and putting them on the basement floor (carpet + tarp underneath) where they slowly ripen and last fresh until Christmas.  Zucchini, if you pick them just right (bigger than you would typically want to eat them but not too ripe) store for weeks on bare concrete floor in the basement.  Although my Mom was handing out bags of produce to friends, relatives, neighbors and coworkers too.  I think I ate more zucchini in those three weeks than I had in the previous three years.  Zucchini fritters (zucchini, egg, flour, salt and sometimes a bit of parmesan) are our favorite zucchini dish, we usually eat them with sour cream.  Although I will never say no to a slice of zucchini bread either...

I also learned how much fun trimming hedges and boxbushes is.  I have never done it before... but I got so into it, I overachieved and went for all of it, about three times more than my Mom asked for.  My arms hurt for two days after, but it was awesome.  Almost as much fun as sawing off diseased tree limbs with handsaw!

Does anyone know if we will have another season?  I am sure coronavirus has interfered with filming... 

Edited by Hellga
  • Love 1

FINALLY! I weight myself this morning at was exactly 199 pounds! I finally broke the 200 pound mark. After several months of a really frustrating plateau where my weight would only drop by incremental amounts, this is such a huge relief. Sticking to my eating and exercise plan is finally paying off.

The weather is starting to get really crappy and cold. It's been raining every morning the past few days, which means that I'm not able to go out for my runs. Think that it's really time to invest in that exercise bike that I've been eyeing. As much as I'd love to do a proper gym membership, I know that with my work schedule that I wouldn't be utilizing it as much as I'd want.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Hana Chan said:

FINALLY! I weight myself this morning at was exactly 199 pounds! I finally broke the 200 pound mark. 

That is AWESOME!!!!

Are you giving yourself rewards (NOT food-related) when you hit certain goals?  I did that when I was dieting several years ago . . . and every time I use my Michael Kors tote bag, I am reminded of the 40 pounds I lost to get it!!!!

• Love 3