Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: Only 2 Ounces Of Commenting Allowed

• Start Topic

Did anyone else see the video of the mother and daughter duo in Australia that had a full shopping buggy of TP, and decided they needed another woman's pack?    It got ugly, but the other lady held her own with them, others intervened, and the police were called.    

• Love 3
51 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Did anyone else see the video of the mother and daughter duo in Australia that had a full shopping buggy of TP, and decided they needed another woman's pack?    It got ugly, but the other lady held her own with them, others intervened, and the police were called.    

Oh yes I did @CrazyInAlabama. I posted that on the previous page this past Sunday, 3/15/20.  Is this the same one you mean? If so, just in case anyone missed it, here it is again:

So beyond cray cray!😁

Edited by DC Gal in VA
Clarifications.
  • Love 2
On ‎3‎/‎15‎/‎2020 at 3:06 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

I wonder how many poundticipants will get this, and have bad outcomes?   I can't think of a more high risk group, with tons of medical issues.  

I grew up with monthly trips for staples, and freezing cartons of milk, and bread.   I wonder how many of the food hoarders know that a lot of what they purchased won't sit well for a week or two.    I'm guessing a lot of spoiled milk, and moldy bread in a week or so.   Note: the cartons of milk have to be the cardboard type, I bet the plastic ones would pop. 

Yes they will pop and leak.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, fonfereksglen said:

I read this as poop and leak ..... and thought you were talking about the daily problems of the Pounders ..... not milk.

Some of the wounds on the pounders did pop and leak. Wasn't there someone leaking on their way to Houston?

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
On 3/15/2020 at 1:04 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

I can't think of a higher risk group than the poundticipants.     They all have health issues, they are almost all helpless without someone to take care of them.    Many rely on aides, or other health care workers for their help.    I can't imagine how much food you have to stockpile for a couple of weeks to support them.         If they get sick and need a hospital, you would probably have to call EMT's to get them moved. 

The poundticipants that get sick better hope that the hospitals have enough ventilation equipment to support them.   Because they would probably be triaged in favor of people who have a better chance of making a recovery.  

This situation is bringing out the worst in some people too.   I have met two cashiers that had customers start screaming at them for enforcing the limits on certain supplies.             

I had the same thought. It would be great if TLC could set aside the standard script and do a follow up on how the poundparticipants were dealing with Coronavirus. An infection could be fatal because their heart and lungs are already working so hard. That their aides might not be available and that the medical system might be too stressed to provide the extensive help they require is an additional complication. As a group, they are likely comparable to the over 80 demographic and the prognosis isn’t great. We could lose a half dozen at least.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
20 hours ago, fonfereksglen said:

I read this as poop and leak ..... and thought you were talking about the daily problems of the Pounders ..... not milk.

No, I meant plastic containers will leak around their tops when frozen, because the liquid expands when frozen.  I really don't want to insult  or offend anybody at all.  If anyone feels so, I apologize, truly.  I am a Pounder viewer, but I never finished college, so I'm not an expert on anything at all.  And yes, the morbidly obese 600lb life folks are really at risk.

We are in a shelter-in place lockdown here, and am really scared.

On 3/17/2020 at 11:35 AM, nokat said:

I'm so thankful for all of you in here and in the Live chats (tomorrow!). The snark, the sharing about farm life, has lessened the anxiety. 

Since we now have to distance ourselves in real life having online communities is more important than ever! 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
21 minutes ago, Carboncat said:

No, I meant plastic containers will leak around their tops when frozen, because the liquid expands when frozen.  I really don't want to insult  or offend anybody at all.  If anyone feels so, I apologize, truly.  I am a Pounder viewer, but I never finished college, so I'm not an expert on anything at all.  And yes, the morbidly obese 600lb life folks are really at risk.

We are in a shelter-in place lockdown here, and am really scared.

Your post was fine!  You are correct about freezing milk.

I'm the one that read it wrong and tried to joke about my cross eyed reading. 

I hope you join us tonight to take your mind off the news for a couple of hours.

• Love 3
18 hours ago, Concerned said:

I had the same thought. It would be great if TLC could set aside the standard script and do a follow up on how the poundparticipants were dealing with Coronavirus. An infection could be fatal because their heart and lungs are already working so hard. That their aides might not be available and that the medical system might be too stressed to provide the extensive help they require is an additional complication. As a group, they are likely comparable to the over 80 demographic and the prognosis isn’t great. We could lose a half dozen at least.

That would be a problem because they have finished filming before any of coronavirus unfolded, and travelling to film them now would be unsafe.   Unless they record telephone or Skype conversations and show them over some old unused footage, I don't think we will see Poundticipants' Love of Food at the time of Coronavirus until the next season or even the one after.   

Looking forward to tonight's episode.  Rituals like that help to deal with novel problems... and snarking with you all is my Wednesday ritual!

Edited by Hellga
  • Love 7
On 3/17/2020 at 12:55 AM, nokat said:

Eat their neighbors?

I hope not, but one of our neighbors is concerned that his wife is spending her time reading a book on the Donner party.   They aren't obese, just plump.

Edited by Twopper
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Yes, the women fighting over TP is the same one posted on another page.   It was epic.   

3 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Yes, the women fighting over TP is the same one posted on another page.   It was epic.   

Have no idea about the double quote.  I wanted to insert this into my previous comment. 

At least we no longer see people posting videos of themselves licking the ice cream and putting it back.  That was so gross.

We already had tp and paper towels.  I braved a trip to Publix today, and they were also out of odd items like confectioner's sugar. 

We are in the southern pollen season which is not good for my allergies.

Our children are very concerned about us.  We are trying to be careful.

• Love 5
11 hours ago, Carboncat said:

Hello folks, am in total panic tonight.  We have shutdown of state, no work, how are we going to pay mortgage? I can't drink enough to sleep.

I’ve seen some people say call your mortgage company. Many are doing 3 months of deferred payments. And look into other major bills. Can you file for unemployment? Lots of states are working on getting people approved with no wait times. Same with food stamps, etc. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

I work retail, at a pet food and supply store in an affluent community. We’ve been so busy lately, and today was crazy.  Sooo many people out, saying they are bored with working at home and out shopping, socializing, having a grand old time. 
I can’t even count the number of people in my store today, bragging about the cushy life of working at home because of the virus...while breathing their germs all over me and my coworkers. And the angry customers, pissed at having to wait in line because there are only two of us working.  I’ve been yelled at more this week than I have in 20 years together. 
This is so counterproductive.  They are working from home to avoid the virus.  But they get bored and go out to shop, hitting many stores. 
How is this stopping the spread of the virus?  It isn’t. It’s not real to anyone yet. I need to work, I need the money.  Its just hard to see it. 
I read somewhere tonight “next week’s critical patients don’t even know they are sick yet”.  Profound. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Meowwww said:

I work retail, at a pet food and supply store in an affluent community. We’ve been so busy lately, and today was crazy.  Sooo many people out, saying they are bored with working at home and out shopping, socializing, having a grand old time. 
I can’t even count the number of people in my store today, bragging about the cushy life of working at home because of the virus...while breathing their germs all over me and my coworkers. And the angry customers, pissed at having to wait in line because there are only two of us working.  I’ve been yelled at more this week than I have in 20 years together. 
This is so counterproductive.  They are working from home to avoid the virus.  But they get bored and go out to shop, hitting many stores. 
How is this stopping the spread of the virus?  It isn’t. It’s not real to anyone yet. I need to work, I need the money.  Its just hard to see it. 
I read somewhere tonight “next week’s critical patients don’t even know they are sick yet”.  Profound. 

Yes, as they leave you want to say" Thank you for coming in and sharing your germs with me today."

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Meowwww said:

I'm one of those that's going to be working from home for the most part over the next few weeks (though I'll be reporting to work on a rotating basis with the other administrative assistants). And I have absolutely zero patience for people who act self-entitled like your customers. I went to get my legs waxed yesterday because my salon is going to close for the duration (I looked like I was wearing wool stockings under my tights) and my waxer was talking about how she doesn't know how she and her family will survive financially over the next few weeks. Her husband and daughter both work, but her income is important and she doesn't know if she'll qualify for unemployment . It's deeply unfortunate and my heart went out to her (as did my wallet as I doubled my usual tip).

There are so many people who have no choice but to work and put themselves at risk. At my hospital, doctors, nurses, technologists and administrative staff are doing their best to minimize the risk but we still have to brave commutes and deal with patients who may be infected. People who work in retail are just as vital, and they don't get the respect or care that they deserve and they're the ones keeping our society from sinking into total anarchy. When I go to the store, I make sure to acknowledge them, ask how they're holding up and wish them safety during this difficult time. 

Just take care of yourself. Wash your hands as often as possible and follow the advised safety measures. We're all in this together.

On 3/19/2020 at 11:45 PM, Carboncat said:

Hello folks, am in total panic tonight.  We have shutdown of state, no work, how are we going to pay mortgage? I can't drink enough to sleep.

Definitely call your mortgage company. They know how many people aren't bring home a paycheck right now and depending on your state, they're being legally obligated to work with you. At the very least, you might be able to defer payments until you return to work without penalties.

This is going to be such a strange and frightening time for all of us. 

Edited by Hana Chan
  • Love 8

I do hope it’s true about the mortgage companies. Since my father passed in October my brother and I have been paying both Dad’s and our mortgage and bills until probate, which failed in January due to misfiled paperwork, and was up again for this coming Tuesday but now the courts are closed.

• Love 2

I found some links to information on mortgage relief:

An article with a roundup of federal, state, and private lender information from two days ago in Forbes, a legit publication (I'm always wary of obscure click-bait sites):  Mortgage Relief Tracker

Information from the Federal Housing Finance Agency (note the ".gov" website): Coronavirus Assistance Information 

Be well, everyone. I'm sitting here with my first cup of coffee of the day doing my best to center myself, think calm and peaceful thoughts, and be grateful for each breath. No worries, soon I'll be back to my usual snarky self.

• Love 7
On 3/21/2020 at 2:15 AM, Meowwww said:

People are dumb and, despite the media’s ham fisted attempts at gross generational categorization, every age group has its idiots. They had to close 2 local natural preserves (that people were using to get out of their house for trail walks, especially getting dogs and kids some fresh air and exercise) due to mostly high schoolers and their cars clogging up the parking lots with large groups and basically trashing the place. And not even using the trails. So now the people who were utilizing the preserves and being respectful of the grounds and practicing proper social distancing are out if 2 large places to go. Meanwhile a bunch of grown ass adults are going out to run errands every day despite being off work for the sole purpose of staying home!! I just...I don’t know what people are thinking. Yes, you’re bored. We are all freaking bored! You’re not special and exempt because you can’t  entertain yourself. 

• Love 3
42 minutes ago, ThereButFor said:

Can't wait for tonight's show!  Staying home without comfort eating hasn't been easy, I need to keep seeing examples of my future if I give in.

I rewatch Lindsey's bonus scenes of fast food carnage. "Tastes like grease and freedom". It really keeps me in check. 😝

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, ThereButFor said:

Can't wait for tonight's show!  Staying home without comfort eating hasn't been easy, I need to keep seeing examples of my future if I give in.

For me it's the other way, when I am just at home and only eat home-cooked meals, I drop weight.  I gain like crazy when I travel and eat out all the time...   While my move and the sale of my house are adversely affected by the quarantine, for my body it's definitely better to live at home vs. spend 5 days a week at a hotel... 

• Love 3

So glad it's Wednesday and time to shut down for a while with my Pounder pals. Not knowing where this thing will eventually end up is so stressful. I know everyone is stressed. I need to escape for a bit 

• Love 5

I must be too happy. Because I decided to watch the hag from hell, Penny. Was she the first total shit show? Delusional much! I really can't remember anyone before her being so defiant. 😠 She was season 2. But hey as long as she can reach her vagina. 😑

• LOL 3

A non-starter as a serious problem, but I've realized that most of my shows won't be filming for a good while, since they're things like 600 lb Life and My Big Fat Fabulous Life.
Also, Drs. Pimple Popper, Emma Save My Skin, and the Feet are Killing Me ones will probably not be doing any elective surgery.
I do have Dr.Pimple Popper on my DVR, and some NatGeo Drain the Oceans ones.
These are escape from news and reality shows, so I'll miss them.

I gave up fast food as a New Year's resolution, but I gave in tonight. I didn't go to a chain restaurant, but one that's been a part of the community since I was but a zygote. Kenney's used to be a chain restaurant in Virginia, but now there are only three restaurants under the Kenney's name and they are all locally owned. The restaurant specializes in burgers and fried chicken. I got a Big K with cheese tonight (basically a big burger with lettuce, tomato mayonnaise and cheese) and crinkle fries. My girlfriend opted for the snack pack, which consists of a leg and a chicken breast and a side (she got mac n' cheese) and a fried biscuit with honey. We both ate like we had been recently introduced to food. And I'm not sorry. Sometimes you gotta have some grease. I will return to better eating tomorrow.

• Love 6

I'm on the West Coast so have never been able to participate in live chat, BUT, all you lucky people,  just changed my TV provider to DISH who airs TLC on EDT!  

Yay, I can snark in real time!  

• LOL 1
  • Love 8

I hope this isn't a duplicate and I've overlooked someone else's post.

Just read that TLC has been forced to stop filming My 600 Pound Life because the poundticipants are considered high risk for COVID-19. Apparently, there were still crews filming in three different states up until a few days ago. The article also said the production crews for the show are all nonunion freelancers, so they really have no safety net if filming shuts down.

Here's a link to the article.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/complaints-tlcs-my-600-lb-life-halts-filming-1287062

Edited by ShoePrincess
add link to article
  • Useful 2

I wondered about that, ShoePrincess. So many of them have breathing problems, this doesn't surprise me. 😞

What did surprise me was the dream I had last night. I was working for Dr. Now. He was operating a pharmacy out of his home. My job was to restock the shelves. He kept his stock in the spare rooms of his home. I kept finding little girls' panties in all the drawers, but just figured they belonged to a daughter or a granddaughter.

Good evening, Pounders. I hope that this finds my friends healthy. I don't know if I'm up for another depressing episode tonight, real life is bad enough right now. I just wanted to check in and say hello.

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, OoogleEyes said:

Good evening, Pounders. I hope that this finds my friends healthy. I don't know if I'm up for another depressing episode tonight, real life is bad enough right now. I just wanted to check in and say hello.

I’m struggling to keep myself from binging just like a poundticipant so I need to watch and remind myself what the results would be.  It really would be nice to see a success tonight.

• Love 6
On 3/17/2020 at 10:18 PM, Concerned said:

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2020/04/coronavirus-unique-threat-south-young-people/609241/

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
On 3/16/2015 at 4:37 PM, cheatincheetos said:

We have a food industry that never wants people to feel full. The best I did with managing it was drinking a lot of water and eating slower.

I think blaming food industry is not totally fair. What about the entertainment industry or internet that keep people sitting down?

• Love 1
On 4/3/2020 at 12:00 AM, Lemons said:

Is there anywhere on here that follows up on some of these people?  I would like to see how they are about a year after the show.  

Once the episodes are over the thread become character threads.  People will post updates on poundticipants when they appear in media, etc. Also, for some there is also more than one episode as part of the M600LL Where Are They Now? series.  Those episodes are included in this forum.

• Love 2

Honestly, I’m beginning to have more sympathy for the 600Pounders who sit home and eat all day. I’ve never had a love affair with food and never had a significant weight problem (although I could stand to lose 5 or 6 pounds). But I’ve always been busy with jobs, family, etc.  Now that I’m in a stay-at-home situation, I’ve turned into an eating machine! I wake up thinking about food. As soon as I have finished breakfast, I start thinking about lunch. And dinner. And snacks. It’s crazy!!! But when you never leave your house, it becomes your focus. If this stay-at-home thing lasts several more months, I may be a candidate for Dr. Now!

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, JJ1 said:

Honestly, I’m beginning to have more sympathy for the 600Pounders who sit home and eat all day. I’ve never had a love affair with food and never had a significant weight problem (although I could stand to lose 5 or 6 pounds). But I’ve always been busy with jobs, family, etc.  Now that I’m in a stay-at-home situation, I’ve turned into an eating machine! I wake up thinking about food. As soon as I have finished breakfast, I start thinking about lunch. And dinner. And snacks. It’s crazy!!! But when you never leave your house, it becomes your focus. If this stay-at-home thing lasts several more months, I may be a candidate for Dr. Now!

I have the opposite problem; I have to remind myself to eat while I'm home. I just made some scrambled eggs and toast, and it's the first real food I've had all day (it's almost 7:30pm). I could definitely stand to lose way more than 5 or 6 pounds but that's not really the way I want to do it...

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
On 4/4/2020 at 7:19 PM, JJ1 said:

Boredom eating is a thing but it’s the amount they eat in one sitting that’s so horrifying.  

• Love 4

Did you ever notice...

In the parking lot scenes at Dr. Now’s office, I kept wondering what the building with green neon lights along the top is across the parking lot. Tonight we got a good look at it in early evening lighting. I said to my s/o “That looks like a buffet!”

Google maps for the win! It is a buffet. Irony. 

6F1D8A34-EA91-46AB-8E20-A178613A0B09.jpeg

7903817E-C159-4C84-A46B-BD849232D912.jpeg

• LOL 3