Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

Small Talk: Only 2 Ounces Of Commenting Allowed

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, ThereButFor said:

It happens.  My Sunday night consumption seemed fine while I was eating but the pile of bones on my plate told a different story.  Maybe next time I should bring a tiny plate!

If you're talking chicken wings, I feel you.
 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Since I live at a hotel four days a week now, I am eating out a lot... which is my #1 reason to put on weight.  So I am right up there with the poor eating habit.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, Hellga said:

Since I live at a hotel four days a week now, I am eating out a lot... which is my #1 reason to put on weight.  So I am right up there with the poor eating habit.

You saw what Aaron (was that the computer guy from NC?) that went through the Chick-Fil-A drive through and got the grilled chicken nuggets?    That would work.   And portion control.   Of course, the ones on the show hit the extra large, meal that's "Grease and Freedom" every hour, so you have a long way to go to be that bad.   

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post

The subject of blue cheese dressing/dip came up during tonight's Travis' Live Chat so here's the recipe I've been making for years. It's a Martha Stewart recipe and is so easy to throw together and easy to remember. She also had a guest chef from Buffalo who demonstrated the way chicken wings are made in Buffalo.

Blue Cheese Dressing/Dip

Combine equal parts:

Mayonnaise (full fat)

Sour Cream (full fat)

Buttermilk

Blue Cheese

I buy chunk blue cheese and not the crumbles which aren't very tasty IMHO and have starch added to keep them from sticking together. I break up the cheese using two forks; takes a little while but it's worth it.

Then add the juice of one lemon, cracked black pepper and salt to taste, and a couple of drops of Tabasco sauce. The last ingredient is not to make it spicy but just adds a little zing. Stir well and refrigerate for a couple of hours or even overnight for the best taste.

WARNING: this recipe will ruin you since even the blue cheese dressing and dips served in restaurants pale in comparison to this.

Enjoy!

Edited to add: I usually make a good amount of this since it keeps well--will easily last a week to 10 days in the fridge--and makes for a very delicious salad dressing as well as a dip for chips, raw vegetables and chicken wings. Normally, one cup each mayo, sour cream, and buttermilk, and one 8 ounce chunk of blue cheese (halve or quarter those amounts if that seems like too much to end up with one to two cups). I make a lot though because it doesn't last long around me!😊

Edited by DC Gal in VA · Reason: Additional comments.
  • Like 3
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

Hi everyone. Am finally home from the hospital post my gastric sleeve surgery (ended up staying a few days longer because they had problems controlling my nausea  and there was some concern that I might have had a pulmonary embolism (thankfully allt tests were negative). Glad to be back home and feeling more human today.

This surgery is not a walk in the park and I'll admit that the day after when my pain was the worst, I was wondering what the hell I did to myself. But now I've got my pain down to a more comfortable level and am moving around better. Except for being bloated from all the fluids I got at the hospital, I'm doing really well and am excited over seeing how I'm going to progress from here.

This experience has certainly shown me that the surgery is no small matter and than you really have to work through all your limitations if you want it to succeed. As Dr. Now always says, the surgery isn't a quick fix and no matter how prepared you think you might be, the immediate aftermath of being able to hold down tiny amounts of fluids at a time and everything pulling each time you move can be hard to deal with. Tonight I get to sleep in my own bed with my expensive body pillow (which hopefully finally get me off my back at night) and start the long progress of healing.

  • Like 22

Share this post


Link to post

@Hana Chan, thanks for posting the update. I'm glad you're back at home and I wish you the best in your recovery. I also appreciate your sharing your experience with the surgery which I think the TV show, oddly, seems to kind of gloss over as to the pain and recovery issues. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Hana Chan said:

Hi everyone. Am finally home from the hospital post my gastric sleeve surgery (ended up staying a few days longer because they had problems controlling my nausea  and there was some concern that I might have had a pulmonary embolism (thankfully allt tests were negative). Glad to be back home and feeling more human today.

This surgery is not a walk in the park and I'll admit that the day after when my pain was the worst, I was wondering what the hell I did to myself. But now I've got my pain down to a more comfortable level and am moving around better. Except for being bloated from all the fluids I got at the hospital, I'm doing really well and am excited over seeing how I'm going to progress from here.

This experience has certainly shown me that the surgery is no small matter and than you really have to work through all your limitations if you want it to succeed. As Dr. Now always says, the surgery isn't a quick fix and no matter how prepared you think you might be, the immediate aftermath of being able to hold down tiny amounts of fluids at a time and everything pulling each time you move can be hard to deal with. Tonight I get to sleep in my own bed with my expensive body pillow (which hopefully finally get me off my back at night) and start the long progress of healing.

@Hana Chan sending you good healing thoughts as you recover from your recent surgery. Yep, there's nothing like being back home and sleeping in your own bed; I know how important that is after several of my own post-surgical stints in the hospital. Unlike Amy of 1,000 Pound Sisters, I am confident that we don't have to worry about you "sneaking" a few bites of burrito right after surgery like she did. 😊 What a dopey thing for her to do. Take care. 💖

3 hours ago, thesnarkiest said:

image.thumb.png.55523ce248a7e2b8984eb93b43e08bd2.png

I stole this from a facebook group. It is amazing right?!?

I love those M600PL Bingo cards @thesnarkiest however this one reminds me that there's one square we haven't been able to fill for quite some time. It's the square on the bottom, right corner about firefighters showing up to lug their butts outta their hovels homes. I can't remember the last time that happened; can you or anyone else here?

TLC I absolutely demand that we see at least one several units of buff, hunky firefighters per season doing an amazing job with compassion and professionalism even for those that don't deserve it like James K.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, DC Gal in VA said:

I love those M600PL Bingo cards @thesnarkiest however this one reminds me that there's one square we haven't been able to fill for quite some time. It's the square on the bottom, right corner about firefighters showing up to lug their butts outta their hovels homes. I can't remember the last time that happened; can you or anyone else here?

TLC I absolutely demand that we see at least one several units of buff, hunky firefighters per season doing an amazing job with compassion and professionalism even for those that don't deserve it like James K.

You are so right!! They need to step up their game! No it has been a long time since the firefighters came. I think it is because the people are younger, and have been more mobile.  Lol and compassion for people who bath "around once a munt"...as her family forces her. What monsters!! (Well for separate reasons yes they were.)

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 2/7/2020 at 6:30 PM, Jeeves said:

@Hana Chan, thanks for posting the update. I'm glad you're back at home and I wish you the best in your recovery. I also appreciate your sharing your experience with the surgery which I think the TV show, oddly, seems to kind of gloss over as to the pain and recovery issues. 

And thank you for all the good wishes that I've been getting here.

Given that the show portrays months and sometimes over a years worth of events in a two hour episode, it's not too surprising that we're not going to see every nuance of the recovery period. The first week is obviously the worst. You're dealing with a lot of physical pain because every time you try to move, you feel something pulling or hurting. Finding a comfortable position to sleep is a challenge, and getting in and out of chairs can be anything from amusingly clumsy to absolutely agonizing. You're trying to manage your pain without over medicating yourself. And learning your own body's new cues is  a steep curve because what I'd been assuming was nausea the past few days was actually my body trying to tell me that I needed to "eat" something. You learn what your body will tolerate. I've already found several protein shakes that I previously liked that now make me sick.

I'm now six days post-op and think that I've finally turned the corner on my comfort level. I'm getting around pretty easily, including climbing up and down stairs. Eating and drinking enough is a challenge and this morning it took me nearly an hour to drink my protein shake.  I still feel a little weak and wobbly at times, but today I'm going to take a walk outside. You can't let yourself give in to your weakness and find some way to push through it. But each day it gets a little better. And now that I'm starting to finally lose a bit of the post-surgery bloat,  I can start to see some changes in my body.

I know that this is a long process and the surgery was only one early step. The real changes will come in the coming weeks and months as I fully recover and am able to increase my activity levels and start eating solid foods. Keeping reminders of what i'm working towards really help. I'm very much looking forward to being able to travel and not having my weight be a factor in anything I may want to do. 

  • Like 16

Share this post


Link to post

@Hana Chan . . . 

It is really helpful to all of us who watch the show to have your first-hand account of the experience.  It's especially interesting to hear of your post-procedure account of what you're dealing with.

PLEASE continue to update us on your progress.  Partly because it's educational, but mostly because we're all rooting for you!!!!

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post

Hi all. Just wanted to give you all a little update. I'm now nine days post-op and the difference could not be more profound. Most of my pain is pretty much gone, though I still get a twinge every now and then if I'm doing something to push my abs, like getting in and out of bed. But I'm totally off of all pain relief (which was only liquid Tylenol - I never needed the stronger meds). The nausea is totally gone and I feel great.

I've pretty much gotten rid of all the post-surgery bloat and am back to my pre-surgery weight. I'm still on a fully liquid diet consisting of two protein shakes per day plus sugar free jello, pudding and pureed soups. It's boring, but there's something nice about not having to worry about what you're going to eat. I've used this time to start listening to my body's cues as to when I need to eat. I'll have my checkup with my surgeon tomorrow and hopefully will get the clearance by next week to start on soft foods. 

So while I'll never say that this is a fun experience, it's doable if you put your mind to it. Like I've said many times, this is something that you have to really want and to put your mind behind. I'm excited to see how I progress going forward and am looking forward to throwing out a lot of clothes!

  • Like 17

Share this post


Link to post
On 2/1/2020 at 6:38 PM, fonfereksglen said:

This morning we went to watch my 5th grade nephew play hoops at a rural high school.  As we were leaving the gym, I encountered the first person I have personally seen, a young man around 30, who was easily 500 lbs closing in too soon on 600 lbs.  It is jaw dropping.  I especially noted that he seemed way underdressed for deep winter, with large shorts and summer shoes.  Just finding winter clothes that fit must be difficult. Sad.

Well, when I was heavier (much) I was always hot, and sweaty no mater how short or long a walk was. So I think that is also due to being overheated often.

  • Like 1
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
On ‎2‎/‎7‎/‎2020 at 8:55 PM, DC Gal in VA said:

@Hana Chan sending you good healing thoughts as you recover from your recent surgery. Yep, there's nothing like being back home and sleeping in your own bed; I know how important that is after several of my own post-surgical stints in the hospital. Unlike Amy of 1,000 Pound Sisters, I am confident that we don't have to worry about you "sneaking" a few bites of burrito right after surgery like she did. 😊 What a dopey thing for her to do. Take care. 💖

I love those M600PL Bingo cards @thesnarkiest however this one reminds me that there's one square we haven't been able to fill for quite some time. It's the square on the bottom, right corner about firefighters showing up to lug their butts outta their hovels homes. I can't remember the last time that happened; can you or anyone else here?

TLC I absolutely demand that we see at least one several units of buff, hunky firefighters per season doing an amazing job with compassion and professionalism even for those that don't deserve it like James K.

Re: the hunky firefighter thing.  I had to call 911 Saturday afternoon when my husband was unresponsive on the couch.  Diabetes.  I slapped his face, couldn't arouse him.  Yes, he had been drinking wine, bad move on his part.

Me too, it was Saturday.  I went almost 30 years not drinking at all, raising and driving kids working etc.  Him too.  Seems like every time firemen (or EMTs) come here I'm in my friggin nightgown at 3:00 am or like Saturday I've bee drinking too.  You damn right, sorry I'm not driving anywhere, but it's shaming.  (As a Catholic, of course I always feel guilty of something, and if not I feel like I should,  but that's me folks :).

Point is, it's scary to call the hunky firemen, is the house clean? is my husband dying? (his sugar was below 20) has he been drinking?  Have You?  Least I'm fully dressed, with makeup on and dentures in.

At least I made the requisite Sandwich with get this, Cashew Butter on Oatnut bread instead of Skippy on White.

It's funny how this stuff works.  Love!

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
On 2/7/2020 at 3:10 PM, Hana Chan said:

Hi everyone. Am finally home from the hospital post my gastric sleeve surgery (ended up staying a few days longer because they had problems controlling my nausea  and there was some concern that I might have had a pulmonary embolism (thankfully allt tests were negative). Glad to be back home and feeling more human today.

This surgery is not a walk in the park and I'll admit that the day after when my pain was the worst, I was wondering what the hell I did to myself. But now I've got my pain down to a more comfortable level and am moving around better. Except for being bloated from all the fluids I got at the hospital, I'm doing really well and am excited over seeing how I'm going to progress from here.

This experience has certainly shown me that the surgery is no small matter and than you really have to work through all your limitations if you want it to succeed. As Dr. Now always says, the surgery isn't a quick fix and no matter how prepared you think you might be, the immediate aftermath of being able to hold down tiny amounts of fluids at a time and everything pulling each time you move can be hard to deal with. Tonight I get to sleep in my own bed with my expensive body pillow (which hopefully finally get me off my back at night) and start the long progress of healing.

I swear the worst pain I had after gastric bypass was from being forced to lie flat on my back! After I left the hospital I spent over a week in a hotel before I was allowed to go home and I would build these constructs out of pillows so I could lie on my side (my surgeon put in a feeding tube thing in case I had any trouble keeping liquids down - I didn’t but couldn’t resist using it once anyways because it was too weird not to try out) and it was challenging to get comfortable with that thing in me. I’m usually a stomach sleeper.

  • Like 4
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post

@Carboncat, I can relate, its terrifying! A friend of my son's who's a type 1 diabetic lived with us for several years, and 911 was called more than once. And on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon in our smallish city, everyone turns out. The first time, it was two fire trucks, two cruisers, and an ambulance. My little house was packed! People everywhere!

9 hours ago, Carboncat said:

Point is, it's scary to call the hunky firemen, is the house clean? is my husband dying? (his sugar was below 20) has he been drinking?  Have You?  Least I'm fully dressed, with makeup on and dentures in.

My house was tidy, but his room (the former dining room that we kind of rigged up so he'd have something like privacy) was terrible. It was a young 20 something guy's room; you know, just this side of pig sty. I always wondered what they thought. Of course, they've seen everything but still!

I hope your husband is doing OK!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

7 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

My house was tidy, but his room (the former dining room that we kind of rigged up so he'd have something like privacy) was terrible. It was a young 20 something guy's room; you know, just this side of pig sty. I always wondered what they thought. Of course, they've seen everything but still!

I got sick in early December with what turned out to be the flu.  I woke up around 4 AM, and wasn't sure what was going to happen there, but I knew I needed to be near a toilet.  I was so sick that I ended up laying on the bathroom floor (which was clean) because I couldn't sit up any more, and I couldn't make it to the bed.

Hubby wanted to call 911.  Even though the house was clean and tidy, I told him not to . . . because I didn't want a bunch of people in my bathroom staring at me on the floor with my panties halfway to my ankles.  LOL.  Talk about weird things to think about when you know you need medical help!

We did finally manage to get me to the bed, and then I let him call 911 (first time we've called for me).  They confirmed my heart was okay and I hadn't had a stroke, but suggested I let them take me to the ER when I described what had happened.  

Turned out I was horrendously dehydrated on top of having the flu.  Recovery was slow, but I finally got better.  But the best memory I have is that no one saw me on the floor with my panties down - except my husband.

Edited by AZChristian · Reason: Typo
  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, nokat said:

I have some really sturdy paper plates, but they are meant for a barbecue, not daily use. You can stack on some ribs and potato salad. But what am I thinking, joyce could probably put an entire cow on one.
 

I use mine when we are having  take out like Chinese or hot dogs, probably once every couple of weeks. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
17 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Mr. Creosote! One teeny tiny waffer thin mint is all it will take!

 

 

LOL! I wonder if he would succeed on the show.... of course he exploded. 

  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, calpurnia99 said:

What drug was it? I have fibromyalgia, what it Cymbalta?

I think it was Lyrica . . . which is actually supposed to lessen the possibility of seizures but for some people can actually worsen the likelihood they will have them.

Even after he went off of it, he continued having seizures, and we suspect that when he died (an unattended death), it may have been a result of seizures triggered by his ingestion of about 12 Pepsis in the day before his death.  Yes, Pepsi can cause seizures.

If you want any other info, we should probably take it to Small Talk, or you can PM me.

  • Sad 7

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Mr. Creosote! One teeny tiny waffer thin mint is all it will take!

OMG, anyone who hasn't seen that Monty Python skit, get thee to google. It is gross and hilarious.

How are you feeling? Better. Better bring a bucket. The perfect reference for overindulgence that we see here.

Okay, I forgot about the piano playing. Definitely not safe for work.


 

Edited by nokat
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, KateHearts said:

Just wanted to defend my profession 🙂

Kudos to you . . . no nasty intention from me.  But I did want to smack my brother's PA in the head on a regular basis.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

51 minutes ago, calpurnia99 said:

my calves are so big that I've been followed in stores. 

because you were suspected of shoplifting things in your lower pants leg?

  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, KateHearts said:

because you were suspected of shoplifting things in your lower pants leg?

My calves are so thin, I could probably have a loin of pork in each pant leg. You are giving me ideas. 
 

  • Laugh 18

Share this post


Link to post
27 minutes ago, nokat said:

My calves are so thin, I could probably have a loin of pork in each pant leg. You are giving me ideas. 

Have you watched the To Catch A Smuggler (Colombia, Peru, Brazil, Madrid, and the plain on is US), on NatGeo channel?
They'll find cocaine taped to hips, calves, etc.

  • Like 1
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Mr. Creosote! One teeny tiny waffer thin mint is all it will take!

Tom and Crow definitely need to join the next live chat!

My favorite scene ever was her "having a heart attack"! It was even better than Penny's "where's MY yellow brick road?" moment. She ran through a list of symptoms and ailments like a pro, barely drawing breath! "I'm feeling stressed! I'm having a panic attack! I have pain in my legs and feet! I am not well! I feel queasy! I have beri beri and Rocky Mountain spotted fever! I see molecules! I have mange! I AM HAVING A HEART ATTACK". I laughed like a hyena.

 

Love Tom and Crow! 

MST 3000 was in my city last week but it was like $250 + for tickets so I passed. 

  • Like 1
  • Surprise 2

Share this post


Link to post

 

2 hours ago, Tosia said:

Love Tom and Crow! 

MST 3000 was in my city last week but it was like $250 + for tickets so I passed. 

They'll be here in the next couple of weeks. I want to go SO. BAD. But, poor.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
18 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

 

They'll be here in the next couple of weeks. I want to go SO. BAD. But, poor.

I still have a VCR player in the craft room, i.e. basement, and I watched one a few weeks ago that I had taped 15-20 years ago. 

So funny I had to just stop, get comfy,  and watch.  So, do funny. 

I also watched Christopher Lowell decorating show and British makeover shows, Changing Rooms and the yard redis with AlanTitchmarsh.

I wish I wd have kept more of those vids.

Oh, Joyce?  Master manipulator, although she's her own worst enemy.  I don't care. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

21 minutes ago, Tosia said:

I still have a VCR player in the craft room, i.e. basement, and I watched one a few weeks ago that I had taped 15-20 years ago. 

So funny I had to just stop, get comfy,  and watch.  So, do funny. 

I also watched Christopher Lowell decorating show and British makeover shows, Changing Rooms and the yard redis with AlanTitchmarsh.

I wish I wd have kept more of those vids.

Oh, Joyce?  Master manipulator, although she's her own worst enemy.  I don't care. 

Changing Rooms and Ground Force, with Alan, Charlie, Tommy and Will.  So much better than the RIP offs.  I still have a few of the books from BBC.

Since we have moved a bit since the early 2000s, Ground Force inspired me to rework five different yards plus multiple flower beds since then.  😊

Edited by fonfereksglen
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Friday said:

Lucky you!  I wish I got the east coast viewing at 5 but Comcast makes me wait until 8. Not much, if any, snarking going on for the west coast 8 p.m. viewing, unfortunately.  I really wish I could snark along in real time with the east coasters!

How unfortunate that the scale only malfunctions when Joyyca the Hut gets weighed. Bad luck and all!

Direct TV has it on at 5:00 here, and sometimes doesn't repeat it at 8:00. It is inconvenient and frustrating, for sure.  I leave Oakland at 4:00, and hubby has the laptop set up for me in the "Cat Room"  i.e. my adult son's former bedroom, now with a cat tree, litter boxes and feeding stations.

This was the room kindly described as" Bomb Went Off In A Thrift Store."

Yes, folks, there is balmy sunshine to warm away your empty-nest blues.  Oh yes...

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, AZChristian said:

Oxygen is a visible sign to the rest of the world that a person is "disabled," not just morbidly obese.  Doctors have to prescribe it if insurance is going to pay for it . . . but sometimes lazy doctors (and PAs) just do what a patient asks them to do.  They let the patient self-diagnose and then give them prescriptions for medications the patients see on commercials.

A lazy PA almost ended my brother's life two years before he actually died.  The side-effects of an advertised drug for my brother's self-diagnosed fibromyalgia gave him seizures and messed up his brain.  I looked it up online and printed out a list of possible side effects and showed them to my brother.  He finally agreed to get off of it.

I was actually surprised that my brother didn't ask for oxygen, because he huffed and puffed so much after minimal exertion.  He was also morbidly obese.

I have the beginning symptoms of COPD.  I use inhalers because I have smoked for 30 years and really haven't quit.  I understand the insanity and justification of bad choices.

So sorry about your brother;  some folks just can't make fully aware choices for themselves, and are kind of at the mercy of others.  Not snarkworthy, but just sad..

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
20 hours ago, NeitherSparky said:

Tom: Aw, look, Joyce made it outside.

Crow: And without medical transport!

(I finished Tom last weekend, lol)

joyce.jpg

Major props! MST3K is my favorite show of all time! Love it!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

@Carboncat, I can relate, its terrifying! A friend of my son's who's a type 1 diabetic lived with us for several years, and 911 was called more than once. And on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon in our smallish city, everyone turns out. The first time, it was two fire trucks, two cruisers, and an ambulance. My little house was packed! People everywhere!

My house was tidy, but his room (the former dining room that we kind of rigged up so he'd have something like privacy) was terrible. It was a young 20 something guy's room; you know, just this side of pig sty. I always wondered what they thought. Of course, they've seen everything but still!

I hope your husband is doing OK!

Thank you, he is.  This stuff is really scary.  It seems like a minute ago I was at the toddler park with the stroller, and now we're old.  WTF.

But it is funny how parallel thoughts run through your mind in an emergency:

Oh help help help/dammit it's messy/ shit I'm in my nightgown with no makeup/ help help but yes I was drinking myself today, are you judging me?  Help help… here's his medications, yes, I can make a sandwich, please be ok, there are like 10 people in a bedroom 10' x 12' /is he ok?  Gosh, they're hunky, sheesh, the quilt needs washing and I didn't do the dishes.

Like they care, or do they?  Life sure beats the alternative, let's flail ahead.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, WonTon said:

Major props! MST3K is my favorite show of all time! Love it!

Wisconsin humor!   Joel graduated from HS in the Green Bay area.  

On digital TV, it is shown on COMET.  Available depending on where you live.

 

  • Like 2
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

26 minutes ago, fonfereksglen said:

Wisconsin humor!   Joel graduated from HS in the Green Bay area.  

On digital TV, it is shown on COMET.  Available depending on where you live.

 

Check out Club-MST3K.com. They have all the episodes available to watch anytime!

  • Like 2
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Carboncat said:

Thank you, he is.  This stuff is really scary.  It seems like a minute ago I was at the toddler park with the stroller, and now we're old.  WTF.

But it is funny how parallel thoughts run through your mind in an emergency:

Oh help help help/dammit it's messy/ shit I'm in my nightgown with no makeup/ help help but yes I was drinking myself today, are you judging me?  Help help… here's his medications, yes, I can make a sandwich, please be ok, there are like 10 people in a bedroom 10' x 12' /is he ok?  Gosh, they're hunky, sheesh, the quilt needs washing and I didn't do the dishes.

Like they care, or do they?  Life sure beats the alternative, let's flail ahead.

Gives carboncat a big hug. Sorry if I smell like bengay.
 

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, ams1001 said:

My friend's sister has had three different tick-borne diseases, included Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever (and Lyme and I forget the other one...I don't know what she ever did to the ticks...). She did not whine this much.

I'm assuming her oxygen was prescribed by another doctor at home; as long as that prescription is still valid (or that doctor is willing to renew it) there's not much Dr. Now can do about it, besides telling her she doesn't need it. (Side note, I really hate prescription drug commercials.)

I saw a nurse practitioner years ago a week after I got the flu (saw an MD for the flu) and she diagnosed "borderline" pneumonia. She prescribed an antibiotic and a brand-name inhaler that contains two drugs. My mom dropped me off at their house and went to the pharmacy, meanwhile I googled the drugs (because I'm one of those paranoid types who needs to know just how they might kill me) and saw that the antibiotic and one of the inhaler drugs were contra-indicated. I couldn't call my mom but the pharmacist caught it so when my mom came home she had a different (cheaper, generic) inhaler. A week later I saw the same NP for a follow up and when she came in the room she had a sample of the same brand-name inhaler, but she put it on the counter and never actually gave it to me. Shortly after I left I got a message from the office saying I had forgotten it. (I did not call back.) She did send me home with five days worth of samples of a different antibiotic because I still had fluid in my lungs, plus I had a couple days left of the first one, and still had the other inhaler...so I brought them all into the pharmacy on my way home and asked the pharmacist if they were okay together. She said they were fine but I haven't seen that NP since.

Tried to find a gif of Stephen Colbert saying "allegedly" but was unsuccessful. So you'll just have to imagine it.

My doctor puts it all in his computer, which lights up like a Christmas tree if any severe side effects or contraindications are there.  
I know this because I am nosy and once asked if it warned him, So he demonstrated.  At my doctor’s office, the screens are turned towards both patient and doctor.  
And Joyce is ridiculous.  With her baby voice saying “I can do that!” All rah-rah fake positive.  Her mom seems realistic, not sure why Joyce is afraid to ask her to come to counseling. Excuses.  Joyce is so unlikable. 

Edited by Meowwww
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

 

They'll be here in the next couple of weeks. I want to go SO. BAD. But, poor.

Aw, we only paid like $60 a seat (they were in our area last month). Maybe it depends on the theatre, or the timing. We bought our tickets last year sometime.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, magemaud said:

Weight definitely affects your voice. Many of the women poundticipants on this show have breathy voices and sound like little girls.

I was told I sound fat on the phone, and then I show up as a stick.

  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post
On Thursday, February 13, 2020 at 6:29 AM, AZChristian said:

I was so sick that I ended up laying on the bathroom floor (which was clean) because I couldn't sit up any more, and I couldn't make it to the bed.

I've been there, and also laughed about the panties around the ankles. The indignities of being sick.
 

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

13 hours ago, nokat said:

I've been there, and also laughed about the panties around the ankles. The indignities of being sick.
 

At least it was clean!  Bravo!

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
On ‎2‎/‎4‎/‎2020 at 10:15 AM, nokat said:

If you're talking chicken wings, I feel you.
 

I always try to peer into the chicken wing plastic bags to get the maximum 2nd wing joints, not the "drumstick" ones.  It's a mixed "bag". 

My mesquite BBQ wings are always gone before I get to the front of the line at potlucks.  (Secret not included)  Beauty is, you can cook them the night before, and reheat.

Back in the 60's when wings were sold whole, if at all from whole chicken, my mom and me used to love to crunch the burnt wing-tips!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, Carboncat said:

My mesquite BBQ wings

You can stop there and share the recipe.

Is a fan of chicken wings.

My radar went off, as in you really don't want to eat the chicken wings. Steps on scale. I get near 140 lbs and I start disordered eating.


 

Edited by nokat
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, nokat said:

You can stop there and share the recipe.

Is a fan of chicken wings.

 

It's a dry rub,  oops the cat's have got my tongue..

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Carboncat said:

It's a dry rub,  oops the cat's have got my tongue..

I like a dry rub. Usually lots of garlic involved.
 

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size