Type keyword(s) to search

Jennifer Jareau: Pennsylvania Petite

• Start Topic

(edited)

That's my point Cobalt, Keira knightley from the very start was skinny. I remember her on "Bend It Like Beckham", she has has always been the size that she is. That is her natural body structure. She also slouches.

I don't recall AJ every being this skinny.And yes, that is another issue I have with AJ, she is trying to sex up her image. And trying too hard. I don't know if it's her or it's CBS asking her to do this. 

You know who to me is sexy and fit in my opinion? Katee Sackoff. She has meat on her but she is cut. Also Rachel Nichols and Yvonne Strahovski. 

Edited by IndependentMind
  • Love 1

But anorexia nervosa is a disease. To claim she's got a disease because you personally don't think she weighs what you think she should is what makes me uncomfortable. This is what anorexia looks like, not the pic of AJ above:

huultXV.jpg

To be honest, she is a public figure and people will discuss what actors weigh, at length, as well as the rest of their appearance. I happen to agree with Cobalt Stargazer and mstaken in that she looks inappropriately dressed (looks like she's going to the beach by her house instead of representing a sense of style in Monaco), and has on too much makeup.  

Gonna stay out of the 'tryin' to be sexy' thing. To me, that's any woman's personal choice. 

• Love 1

I totally agree that she looks too thin, but IMO that doesn't necessarily mean she has an eating disorder. I know from experience that certain medical issues can result in being underweight...even for those of us who consume a zillion calories per day ;) For all we know, she might not have much control over her weight. She does, however, have control over what to wear and how much makeup to slather on, which is why that pictures makes me cringe. I can't imagine anyone I know who's over the age of about 22 choosing to wear that, but, then again, I'm not an actress!  

It's not only celebs who I have seen wear clothes age inappropriate. I have seen so many women who are in their 30's and 40's that a 16 year old would wear. I seen these women at a Maroon 5 concert. lol.

I also know some women who are in their 40's who wear Hello Kitty shirts and stuff. 

Indeed she does look quite fetching in that dress.

And is it just me or does AJ Cook's visit seem rather low key in comparison to when Matthew and Thomas were there.

I'm not trying to single AJ out, because it sort of seemed the same way to me that time KV visited Monte Carlo.

Yep, MMC. There just hasn't been the excitement the past two years that there was when Thomas and Matthew were there. I do think both Kirsten and AJ did turn out well, just Spencer and Hotch are far more popular. <3

I do think if Kirsten had gone with Shemar, or AJ with Matthew, we would have seen a LOT more enthusiasm, both from fans and the press.

But then Matthew would not be in Austin, now would he? ;)

• Love 1

Where was the picture of her with the crop top and jean shorts? The architecture around her is very nice. I also like her shoes in that picture. Can't say that the rest of the outfit is flattering, but I've seen worse. I know people with muffin tops that wear shirts like that and it does not look good.

I actually thought that her legs and arms looked fairly normal. 

The mermaid silhouette dress does look good on her. The lipstick color doesn't seem to match and is distracting to me. Can't say I like the hair pulled back that tight though. But then, I'm not exactly the most fashion-oriented person.

The white outfit one is driving me batty because there seems to be something at the inner corner of her left eye--- Is that makeup? whatever it is, it distracts me. LOL. Still not a fan of that hairstyle. It makes her look older.

She doesn't look bad though..

I was thinking about something today an I was remembering how AJ said she wanted JJ to be more like herself and that it just made her come off as bitchy and insincere-- but I don't think that AJ is like that. I think the problem was that because people perceived AJ to be mousy and soft she ended up getting stepped on by CBS so now she wants to create this image of not being the little mouse so she feels the need to project this persona of being tough so that she won't get stepped on again. Unfortunately it just didn't work out and I hope they tone it down. I really do feel sad that she felt that JJ was weak in the past. I always thought that it took a good amount of strength to do the job she did and to still be able to go out and face the press and be the face of the FBI without totally breaking down from time to time. She did have her moments of being overwhelmed or frightened, but she still managed to persevere. 

• Love 2

I wonder if Matthew still wouldn't have gone to Monte Carlo if he didn't have to be in Austin to film that movie.I sort of suspect he wouldn't have so as to give AJ a chance at being in the spotlight herself. I remember quite well that time the both of them went to the Canadian expo and Matthew was the one getting most of the attention. Although it was rather sweet of Matthew the way he looked after her and did his best to direct some of the spotlight back to AJ.

• Love 1

I wonder if Matthew still wouldn't have gone to Monte Carlo if he didn't have to be in Austin to film that movie.

He has had an extremely light schedule here. I'm hoping he took the film because it gave him a chance to groove out and relax in Austin, rather than go on a grueling press tour in Europe. Judging from the photos, he's been having a ball, enjoying the local culture, and getting to make a chill, funny movie in the process. The best of all worlds, where he's concerned. ;)

• Love 2

I wonder if Matthew decided not to go to Monte Carlo partially because he didn't want to run in to that one bimbo that manipulated him and used him to get publicity with the paparazzi-- claiming he was dating her or some such crap. He was VERY pissed off about that. Also, I think he knew he would be the center of attention and he wanted to let AJ get some focus instead. It was probably a combination of all of those.

AJ was probably pretty lonely-- unless she took her husband or something-- but she was probably relieved to not be having fans hand her cameras and ask her to take photos of her cast-mates.

So I saw the episode the other day where JJ indeed mentions that she had an eight year old niece.So it got me wondering if this was the daughter of JJ's sister who committed suicide.And how old was the little girl when her mother committed suicide and who ended up raising her.

It would have been so nice if they had given JJ an arc that would've somehow tied into the case the team was working on that had given us the answer to some of those questions.Instead of that ridiculous arc they ended up given her which resulted in a complete and utter waste of a milestone episode.

And on that note I have to say that I find it both amusing and ironic these JJ fans who've gone on social media lamenting JJ unrealistic reaction to being tortured and almost raped,yet they somehow are not able to see that "200" as a whole was ridiculously unrealistic.

• Love 3

I've wondered that too, MMC. Maybe even the daughter of a close friend that she calls her niece. Though it isn't out of the realm of possibility that her sister did have a child before she suicided, however unlikely.

She could also be talking about like a cousin's kid or something. More than likely the writers just futzed it, like they did with Garcia's "only child" comment when it had been established she'd had four brothers. Though again, that could go to a 'step situation'. 

• Love 2

I doubt if JJ had another sibling,otherwise wouldn't they have attended her and Will's wedding.If this little girl was indeed her sister's daughter that would mean that JJ's sister would have committed suicide while she was still a baby.Also does anyone remember how old JJ was when she found out her sister had committed suicide.

Or... they did mention it and it got edited, or cut from the script. I have to think that JJ's familial details weren't a priority considering their time constraints. They didn't even really explain how Sandy was able to show up.

• Love 1

Eleven.

Ok well that means it couldn't have been her sister's baby.Otherwise when she turned 8, JJ would've only been about 19 which of course wasn't the case.So either JJ has a sibling they never bothered to mention. Or the girl isn't really her niece but JJ just refers to her that way.

Edited by missmycat
  • Love 2

There's another possibility, if Will was in the picture, and they were married. I don't Remeber when she mentioned her niece. If it was after she married, it could be Will's sibling's daughter.

If it was JJ's sibling, they may have been unable to attend, and they just didn't have time to explain that and where her dad was.

• Love 1

There's another possibility, if Will was in the picture, and they were married. I don't Remeber when she mentioned her niece. If it was after she married, it could be Will's sibling's daughter.

If it was JJ's sibling, they may have been unable to attend, and they just didn't have time to explain that and where her dad was.

I am pretty sure the episode where JJ mentions her niece took place at least a couple of seasons before she even meet Will.

• Love 1

I think the niece comment was made in North Mammon, but don't quote me on it. As with almost every other character on the show, I don't think the dead sister was originally in JJ's backstory until Season 5, when Clemente wrote Risky Business. We had an episode about suicides, or apparent suicides (A Higher Power) in Season 3 where the cop who called for a consult was the BROTHER of a suicide victim and JJ at the time did not seem terribly affected at all.

Rewatching the end of S3 and the S4 premiere always makes me chuckle at how much JJ was not into Will at the time.

Edited by idiotwaltz
  • Love 2

I think the niece comment was made in North Mammon, but don't quote me on it. As with almost every other character on the show, I don't think the dead sister was originally in JJ's backstory until Season 5, when Clemente wrote Risky Business. We had an episode about suicides, or apparent suicides (A Higher Power) in Season 3 where the cop who called for a consult was the BROTHER of a suicide victim and JJ at the time did not seem terribly affected at all.

Rewatching the end of S3 and the S4 premiere always makes me chuckle at how much JJ was not into Will at the time.

idiotwaltz, I'm pretty sure it was the episode Boogeyman where JJ first mentioned her niece.

• Love 1

I think it was a case of the writers forgetting about the niece. Just like they forgot about Garcia's four brothers and the fact that Reid had a rough childhood with seemingly nobody else around to help him when he was taking care of his mother.

I did think that it didn't fit when they had the apparent suicides earlier on and then they suddenly pulled out the story about JJ's sister to give her something to relate to. I really wish that it had been something more believable-- like having said that someone in her family had committed suicide after that point. It doesn't have to occur in childhood for it to be traumatic.

IIRC, off screen the writers said that JJ's father is dead. Never said how though. There were a lot of things that didn't make sense-- such as Emily's mom not showing up for her funeral and Hotch's brother not showing up for Haley's funeral (but then they tried to explain that away later). I suppose they could say that JJ had a brother or something who couldn't be there because he had work or other commitments. I actually do hope they explain what happened to JJ's dad and whether or not she has surviving siblings (so long as the stories make sense). It could just be an offhand remark and not have to be any major plot point.

• Love 1

Aww, here's a few favorite pre-profiler JJ moments:

M5eyVHL.gif

3F9Zgck.gif

qAC4N4C.gif

What a lucky little boy JJ's son Henry is,having Dr. Spencer Reid as his godfather. That was probably one of the smartest decisions her and Will ever made.

• Love 1

I think very few women characters on television and CM sin't one of them. I never really cared for JJ nor Garcia. I liked Emily but that's because I like Paget. I have always found AJ to have a pretty face but other than that, I thought she was bland and so was her character. Even when she became a kick ass JJ my interest in her never grew.

The funny thing is, even the female writers they have on their roster can't write their female well. And i don't know why.

The opposite on POI. They have tremendous female writers and they write their females really well. I love it. They are strong, colorful and kick ass. But then again, they also have better female actors on the show. 

Problem with CM, not only do their writers mostly suck, their actors aren't all that good and have much screen presence. 

AJ should be the female lead but they keep putting more known female actors on the show to be that female face. Sorry to say this but as pretty as Aj is, she lacks screen presence. 

• Love 5

I think she's capable as well as lovely, and even though I would've personally taken JJ in a different direction had I written her, I think AJ fills her shoes quite well. She's no Tatiana Maslany - but then, nobody is.

What I am saying is, you look at Amy Acker or Sarah Shahi on POI. You notice their presence. Actually, when Amy Acker is not in the episode, I actually miss her presence. i miss Root. The same goes for Sarah. 

If i don't see JJ, and someone brought it up, I would say "I didn't even notice."

Another example about presence is Archie Panjabi. Even will two other strong females on the show, you still notice her. She has such commanding presence.

It's like the movie "Kill Bill", Uma Thurman wasn't the one the got my attention, it was little, tiny Lucy Lui. I will never forget that scene at the table when she just cut that guy's head off without any reaction.

• Love 1

Whether their roles are different or not, having screen presence was my point. In my opinion, AJ has none. She's pretty but I don't even notice is she was not in the episode that much. I do notice if she is in the episode too much because I get annoyed and would rather see Reid or Hotch. 

Amy Acker started out as a guest on POI and yet, you always look forward to her coming back. And when she became a regular, I notice her not being there because I want more of Root. I notice how lacking the episodes are without her there.

And Amy Acker ins't even some bombshell who shows off big boobs and nice body. You just notice her. 

I was so annoyed with Garcia that pictures of KV that I used to adore, I didn't even want to see. That is how bad they have messed up Garcia.

Grace Park is another one. When they brought in that other character Catherine, I wanted her out. I wanted Kono back. Kono is so cool and bad ass without trying. Catherine was trying too hard to be  bad ass. And boy am i glad to see her gone. When Kono was gone for a lot of the epsiodes I could not stand to watch Hawaii 5-0. Even McGarrett's pretty face and hot body could not keep me watching the show.

Edited by IndependentMind
  • Love 1

Well, both movies I have seen of Amy in Joss Whedon's "Much Ado" and "another Indi film "Sironia", she stood out to me. In fact, she carried the movie in "Much Ado" more that Alexis.

I have never seen Dollhouse but people who have said she was the best thing about the show when she was on there.

Root is a complex character to play because she can't overdo her scariness. And she played it perfectly because she scared the s*** out of people. Everyone that interviewed her about her character said the same. My co-worker says she is so scary and crazy. 

Other actresses could have played it over the top but she didn't. 

In some ways I do feel bad for AJ that they want to bring in other people, but on the other hand I think that if AJ was a better actress with more presence that they might not feel the need to bring in other actresses. I do think it was a huge mistake for CBS to fire her in the first place, especially since the show has really suffered from it. And I think the message that AJ got was that it was her character that was boring or "weak". But I liked her character and I found that when they gave AJ something good to work with, she could do a very good job. I do think she does better when she's working with someone she gets along with well and that helps her step up her game. I don't think she meshed well with Jeanne Tripplehorn because her initial scenes with Jeanne were awful. The two of them together just came off like script-reading and not actual conversations, but that improved with time. AJ does seem to work very well with Matthew, Thomas, Kirsten, Paget, and Joe. I'm a bit biased in that I don't really like her scenes with Morgan because I feel like something is off and I don't know why.

I will say that AJ was very good on the Law & Order: SVU episode she did when she wasn't on CM.

I will say that AJ was very good on the Law & Order: SVU episode she did when she wasn't on CM.

Yes, I remember that one. 

She was also really good in an old, old series called Higher Ground where she played a troubled teen whose stepfather sexually abused her. I'm actually fine with AJ Cook's performance as JJ 1.0. It's only after she became JJ 2.0 that I find her acting a little bit too forced. How much of that is the writing and how much is the acting, I don't know. 

I liked JJ's relationship with Hotch in the earlier seasons. He respected her judgment enough in Legacy to go to Kansas City to see whether there was an actual case, and later on in Birthright he acknowledges that she has the difficult job of deciding which cases the BAU takes on and which ones they don't, and many of the victims are women about her age. 

• Love 1

So here's a hell of a thing.

I'm watching Law & Order: SVU right now, and A.J. Cook is playing the lesbian partner of a woman who was attacked and raped in her apartment. Jeremy Irons is playing the victim's father, a therapist and former sex addict (don't ask). I'm having this bizarre, and yet hilarious, disconnect, because A.J.'s character seems far more concerned about her comatose girlfriend than JJ did when Will had that bomb strapped to his chest. Thoughts? :-P

Edited by Cobalt Stargazer
  • Love 1

I'm having this bizarre disconnect right now, because A.J.'s character seems far more concerned about her comatose girlfriend than JJ did when Will had that bomb strapped to his chest. Thoughts? :-P

Perhaps the comatose girlfriend shows more life than Will?

• Love 3

I thought JJ and Will had good chemistry in their first episode together, but it really did come off as if Will was MUCH more in to JJ than she was in to him. And then it seemed almost as if she married him out of pity.

At least they seem to get along better than some couples I know in real life. They certainly have more in common and treat each other better...