Type keyword(s) to search

Kourtney And Khloé Take The Hamptons - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Why does Kourtney call bagels flagels? But she is right about the bagels not tasting the same in the West than the East.

How much money do people who work at Dash make? They’re willing to fly a couple of them out to the Hamptons & rent them a “little house” to stay in? Check out some of the rental prices in the Hamptons http://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rentals/new-york/hamptons/r7508 that’s an awful lot of money for people who work retail.

I wonder if that guy on Fire Island who was screaming out his window @ Kourtney & Khloe was real or hired for the show? I can’t understand how Scott didn’t know that parts of Fire Island are known for attracting a large gay population, that’s pretty common knowledge in the East.

I think Scott said he was unaware of what went on in the "Pines" when he was a kid, he seemed plenty aware of it now, maybe just not to the extent that it went. I knew about Key West and Duval Street, but until I actually saw it, I didn't really get it.

The whole hire Bruce's friends daughter was weird. Unless it was to show how they still love good ole Bruce. The girl seemed nice but there was something strange going on with her teeth or mouth. Odd too that a family so protective of its privacy and worried about "leaky assholes" would bring a stranger into their home and allow them access to personal stuff, (the shredding). I liked that Scott actually seemed like a normal person, commenting on how strange it was to give a girls expecting a retail job, chores like washing a boat.

A flagel is a bagel that's flattened out. After putting the raw bagel dough into the boiling water but prior to baking it, they flatten it out. It ends up wider but thinner than a regular bagel,with less chewy inside and more crust.

Edited by iwasish

This episode was on again today; saw the segment where Khloe is talking to her "mom" about the radio show that probably never was...Kris, again, said they only wanted Khloe, Khloe whined back 'But I want to do it with Scott', to which Kris replied 'we don't always get what we want'. Khloe seemed shocked by this statement.

And what is this about always calling their mom by her first name...does that make Kris feel younger? Are the grandkids allowed to call her 'grandma'?

Why do those 2 scream like teenage girls?

If I'm correct I believe Kris refused to be called grandma and asked to be called "lovey" instead ... Cue eye roll...

When French appeared in the kitchen wearing a Tshirt as shorts, I nearly pissed myself. Then Scott commented that if Kanye wore that, it would become a fashion hit. Sorry Scott, Kanye is still trying to make leather pants, hoodies, torn T shirts and untied work boots happen. So far no go.

• Love 3

It's probably colored by my extreme bias but the pastor and his vacant wife were creepy, mostly him since she barely existed but for her dumb name. He has that sinister cheerfulness about him that seems commonplace in pastors from those mega churches.

He's apparently getting his own show, so he's a big famewhore too.

I don't watch the Kardashian shows too often, I tend to catch a marathon once a year or so. They're terrible people but the shows are entertaining.For all the hype and her ass, Kim is bland.

Edited by Megan
  • Love 4

Just walked into the bedroom where this show is on...all I saw was Khloe & her friend whose name starts with a "M" (Malika?) driving somewhere with 2 other girls in the back, I believe the captions called them 'Dash Dolls'.  All 4 girls are playing with their hair!! What is it with that?! They are constantly petting it, like they have a puppy dog or something on their heads.  It drives me nuts! Khole does it all the time, but this was a car full of girls doing the same exact thing!!

• Love 4

I realize everybody grieves in their own way, but seriously Scott, it's time to cowboy up. Refusing to even go to the house & making Kourtney decide what to keep & what to give away is ridiculous & not fair to Kourtney. What's going to happen when he realizes that she got rid of something he wanted to keep? Is he going to blame her? I don't think it's just grief, I think he just doesn't want to bother doing all the work so he decided to sell it all.

• Love 6

I was feeling sorry for him awhile back and still do to an extent but he pissed me right off tonight. I have had to pack up personal belongings for my dad, mom, sister and brother. It is heartbreaking awful work to do but needs to be done. I never had kardashian or disick money to pay professionals to do it either. I realize my personal experiences are driving this anger towards scott but honestly don't we all wish we could be like Scott and Khloe and avoid anything painful in our lives cus there is always someone like Kourtney or me to take care of it for the sensitive ones?

<Rant over.>

• Love 4

I kind of wonder if the reason Scott doesn't want to go to the house or see any of the thing from the house is because he doesn't want to break down on camera.  He might not even realize it. Though I can imagine how difficult it is because I've had to do it.

• Love 2

I felt for Kourtney. She seemed to love Scott's folks also and her kids have lost both grandparents. She seemed to really want to be supportive of him by helping and she's lost a parent herself so she knows the drill. I've cleaned out my moms house and my grandfathers,it isn't easy. But I'm glad now that I saved so much. With time passing its easier to go thru it and appreciate the good times. I sorted stuff and let go of things that have no real meaning, and found that sonetimes it's the smallest insignificant thing that brings the memories. I hope Kourt packs the pictures and such away, it may take a long time but one day Scott will thank her.

Edited by iwasish
  • Love 4

I realize everybody grieves in their own way, but seriously Scott, it's time to cowboy up. Refusing to even go to the house & making Kourtney decide what to keep & what to give away is ridiculous & not fair to Kourtney. What's going to happen when he realizes that she got rid of something he wanted to keep? Is he going to blame her? I don't think it's just grief, I think he just doesn't want to bother doing all the work so he decided to sell it all.

TY, GaT, for saying this; I watched a bit more of the episode later last night & felt the same way.  I did not lose both of my parents within months of each other, but my son in law did, lost his Mom to cancer Easter Day, April, 2012, his dad to a heart attack July 4th, 2012.  He & my stepdaughter did not have the luxury to let everything sit for months while they grieved and partied, they had to dig right in and start cleaning everything out so they could sell the house, otherwise they would be making mortgage payments on an empty house. 

I, too, felt badly for Scott, even when this Hamptons show started.  But, this is basically taking it a bit too far.  He has to put his big boy panties on and start helping out.  Ok, maybe he says it is too painful to physically go into the house, but to not even help Kortney go through all of the papers & family pics & making her decide what to keep and throw away is just too much.  What I saw was him just walking away from her while she was doing this. 

• Love 3

I agree with the posters upthread about the hair playing thing. It drives me nuts, but they're not the only ones. the H-wives with long hair do it constantly, too. It's so narcissistic and distasteful to observe. They do it so often and so much it looks like it should be something done in private. Yuck.

And Scott is working too hard with the "poor me" attitude re his parents. It's sad, yes, but there isn't a person who hasn't experienced loss in his little creepy world. I guess he's never had to do anything that is hard, or challenging, or even thoughtful. He should be ashamed of himself and I hope he is when he sees this episode. He owes Kourtney a huge apology.

• Love 4

I was feeling sorry for him awhile back and still do to an extent but he pissed me right off tonight. I have had to pack up personal belongings for my dad, mom, sister and brother. It is heartbreaking awful work to do but needs to be done. I never had kardashian or disick money to pay professionals to do it either. I realize my personal experiences are driving this anger towards scott but honestly don't we all wish we could be like Scott and Khloe and avoid anything painful in our lives cus there is always someone like Kourtney or me to take care of it for the sensitive ones?

<Rant over.>

I completely agree with you ( I also love your screen name! ). So many people have had to clean out homes of loved ones. It is sad and it sucks to do, but it has to be done. Most people do not get to check out for a long duration of time when loved ones die, they still have to go to work, take care of kids, and other day to day activities. Though Scott's work does involve him going to clubs. I am so sick of Khloe sort of enabling Scott's not dealing with painful situations. Everyone does grieve in their own way, but Scott's way was self destructive. I actually thought it might be good for Scott to go through his parent's house and the stuff that is there. Maybe it would help him deal with the whole situation better, because I am not sure he is. He seems to be trying to avoid everything. I hope he is talking to a therapist or something, because earlier in this Hampton's season he seemed to be using alcohol, prescription meds, and partying to deal.

I was also fine with Kourtney's disapproval of Khloe going out with the Dash Dolls ( I hate typing Dash Doll ). It is a fine line.

Edited by Misslindsey
  • Love 1

I felt for Kourtney. She seemed to love Scott's folks also and her kids have lost both grandparents. She seemed to really want to be supportive of him by helping and she's lost a parent herself so she knows the drill. I've cleaned out my moms house and my grandfathers,it isn't easy. But I'm glad now that I saved so much. With time passing its easier to go thru it and appreciate the good times. I sorted stuff and let go of things that have no real meaning, and found that sonetimes it's the smallest insignificant thing that brings the memories. I hope Kourt packs the pictures and such away, it may take a long time but one day Scott will thank her.

I hope, too, that Scott appreciates what Kourtney is doing. There was something that she held up & asked Scott if he wanted to keep..Scott replied that he could not deal with all of this stuff & walked outside.

If Scott is able to keep that house, he should. I would love to have our family home. They can afford it. That was the other thing that pissed me off, he would not even get involved in the discussion repairs and updates needed on the house.

I agree that Kourtney seemed to have a lot of love for Scott's parents.  It was great to see all of the kids toys set up in their house.  Not sure if I heard incorrectly, but when Kourtney & the kids came back from Scott's parents, she told Mason to tell Scott where they had been & Mason said "Bonnie & Papa´s house." Odd he would call her Bonnie.

Edited by alegtostandon

Seems whenever I tune into this episode, they are showing the coming up preview of the guy yelling out the window but never seem to catch why he is yelling...were they trespassing?

No, he was just yelling because Kardashians (he calls them trash) were allowed on the island.

• Love 3

When Khloe and the girls were in the vehicle going to the club, between the word "like" being used 10 times in every sentence and all four of them stroking their hair constantly, I wanted to throw something at the TV.  Some of the most vapid women I've ever seen!

Scott needs to man up and handle some of the work at his parents' house, rather than Kourtney having to do it all.  You can't run away or ignore it forever.

French talks like he has a mouth full of marbles.  That is all!

• Love 1

It's worse when they stroke their hair at restaurant while eating.  That grosses me out!  "Well, this is hombre, must be Khloe's."  Ick. 

I felt so awful....they were on the poor side of the Hamptons.  STFU - I hope they all get ticks and send Yolanda type pics from hospital beds.  That's not very nice.  I hope they have loads of OFF and move on up next season to the right side of the Hamptons, so I can sleep better. 

I hope, too, that Scott appreciates what Kourtney is doing. There was something that she held up & asked Scott if he wanted to keep..Scott replied that he could not deal with all of this stuff & walked outside.

If Scott is able to keep that house, he should. I would love to have our family home. They can afford it. That was the other thing that pissed me off, he would not even get involved in the discussion repairs and updates needed on the house.

I agree that Kourtney seemed to have a lot of love for Scott's parents.  It was great to see all of the kids toys set up in their house.  Not sure if I heard incorrectly, but when Kourtney & the kids came back from Scott's parents, she told Mason to tell Scott where they had been & Mason said "Bonnie & Papa´s house." Odd he would call her Bonnie.

I think they call Kris Jenner "Lovie" so maybe grandma isn't used in their family? 

I agree with the house stuff. At least fix it up and maybe rent it out for a while. It seemed like a gorgeous piece of property worth a mint if renovated.  

• Love 1

It's worse when they stroke their hair at restaurant while eating.  That grosses me out!  "Well, this is hombre, must be Khloe's."  Ick. 

I felt so awful....they were on the poor side of the Hamptons.  STFU - I hope they all get ticks and send Yolanda type pics from hospital beds.  That's not very nice.  I hope they have loads of OFF and move on up next season to the right side of the Hamptons, so I can sleep better. 

Can you imagine the clogs in their show drains with all that hair and fake hair? And all hair that must be in the food they eat?

Caroline doesn't have the most flattering look going on. The pale, pale skin and white blonde hair doesn't work with the black racoon eyes. As well, she looks like she doesn't have any teeth. Maybe Kim will give her a make-over the next time she comes to visit.

ETA: I really do know proper grammar!

Edited by grisgris

I have to agree with Kourtney on this one, it was really thoughtless of Kim & Khloe to leave all those open bottles of booze in the kitchen. Scott hasn't been sober that long, & nobody knows what could set him off. Why make it harder for him?

Why is Khloe such a drama queen? "It's been torture being here!" Seriously? STFU Khloe.

And since when is Kim such a drinker? She always goes about how she doesn't like liquor. And what was with her giggling like a fool when Kourtney was yelling at them. Kim is the biggest neat freak, if anyone left a mess like that for her she'd have a fit.

Next weeks preview looks interesting. Kim of course defending Kris. Kim saying she 'bought her a career'.... Would that be Kendall.,.Kylie...????

And since it can't be said enough... Put those fucking tits away and jeez that ass gets bigger and bigger and bigger.

Loved Malika saying that she can't stand Jonathan.

Edited by iwasish

Next weeks preview looks interesting. Kim of course defending Kris. Kim saying she 'bought her a career'.... Would that be Kendall.,.Kylie...????

The preview wasn't for next week, tonight was the season finale. The previews were for the next season of KUWTK.

Kim slamming glasses of wine at the vineyard was super fake. I bet it was grape juice, I bet Malika was sober, and I bet it was a setup for that whole stupid storyline.

• Love 5

The preview wasn't for next week, tonight was the season finale. The previews were for the next season of KUWTK.

Thanks! I would have wasted my Sunday next week waiting for that!!

I think its Kourt that Kim claims she bought a career for. Didn't Kourtney tell Kim she couldn't use Mason or P in her Hollywood game? I think that is where the cease and desist letter comes from.

Why the histrionics from Khloe when Kourtney confronted her about the booze?? A simple, "Sorry, that was really thoughtless of me. I apologize." What's wrong with these people?

Really, and then going out to lunch with him and BOTH she and Kim have to get a drink, asking him if it is OK? I have friends/relatives who are recovering alcoholics, some sober for a number of years and I'm still hesitant to order a drink in front of them. To me it's just common courtesy. I don't go out to dinner with my dieting friends and order the Death by Chocolate dessert either. ( I stop at Dairy Queen, alone, on the way home and get my treat on!!)

• Love 7

I think its Kourt that Kim claims she bought a career for. Didn't Kourtney tell Kim she couldn't use Mason or P in her Hollywood game? I think that is where the cease and desist letter comes from.

Hmm, I thought I remembered Kris saying the letter was from Khloe.

btw, in the previews for the next season of KUWTK, Bruce looks even MORE womanly. WTF is he doing to himself?!

The lips were weird too and the fluffy ponytail? And Kim lecturing Bruce on the inappropriateness of dating Kris's friend? Yeah, coming from someone who got knocked up while married to someone else. Why doesn't someone put this bitch in her place?

• Love 3

I just watched it. Kris definitely said Kourtney.

I'm betting Kim is pissed that Kourt won't give legal permission for Kim to use her and her kids likeness in the game. Kim's been listening to Jonathan and Kanye and believing the others owe her for their $$$$. Truth is they owe it to Pimpmama who sold Kim out (I'm sure willingly) for the almighty dollar and a leg up in the industry with the sex tape. Without that tape, Kris had nothing to build her empire on. Kim's ass alone is just not a solid enough foundation.

• Love 3

Why the histrionics from Khloe when Kourtney confronted her about the booze?? A simple, "Sorry, that was really thoughtless of me. I apologize." What's wrong with these people?

Then there wouldn't be a fake storyline! I really think they are running out of ideas.

• Love 2

I have to say I side with Kourt too. I don't get what Khloe was so angry about. She was just over the Hamptons at that point I guess. I'm glad Scott didn't even appear to think about taking a drink of the wine.

I was surprised by Kim drinking so much too - she always goes on and on about how she doesn't drink and here she was having cocktails at lunch and slamming back wine. Does Kanye drink?

I cringe at how nasty the girls are when they fight with each other and then drive off. What if something happened to one of them and that was their last interaction with their sister?

• Love 2

I have to say I side with Kourt too. I don't get what Khloe was so angry about. She was just over the Hamptons at that point I guess. I'm glad Scott didn't even appear to think about taking a drink of the wine.

I was surprised by Kim drinking so much too - she always goes on and on about how she doesn't drink and here she was having cocktails at lunch and slamming back wine. Does Kanye drink?

I cringe at how nasty the girls are when they fight with each other and then drive off. What if something happened to one of them and that was their last interaction with their sister?

and supposedly trying to get pregnant!!

• Love 1

and supposedly trying to get pregnant!!

Well, if it wasn't for alcohol, about 80% of the population would never have been conceived, so she may be on the right track.

• Love 1

It was untidy of them to not clean up after themselves with all the open bottles and glasses lying around, but I thought it was worse not because of Scott but because of the children in the house. Mason's old enough to come downstairs on his own and reach those counters using a chair or grab a glass. 

The promo looked, interesting. Wouldn't blame Kylie or Kendall at all from pulling away from them, go to team Jenner side!

The most interesting part of the preview to me is that it really looks like Bruce is on the loose! Can't wait.

I think that if Bruce is transitioning that is cool and he should do what is right for him. Even in this day and age he is brave to take this on.

What I love is how much this will piss off Kris because no way could she be happy about this. It doesn't fit with the storyline of her perfect family.

• Love 1

The most interesting part of the preview to me is that it really looks like Bruce is on the loose! Can't wait.

I think that if Bruce is transitioning that is cool and he should do what is right for him. Even in this day and age he is brave to take this on.

What I love is how much this will piss off Kris because no way could she be happy about this. It doesn't fit with the storyline of her perfect family.

What I cant stand about Kris is that she is on E! saying that she doesn't know who or if Bruce is dating anyone and that she just wants him to be happy and they are just the best friends ever... and then on the previews it looks like Kim is going after Bruce for dating "mom's best friend for years" and Kris is crying all night and that its just not right. Why Bruce doesn't tell her to mind her own business, I don't know. It still stands out in my memory how put out Kris was when Kendall wanted to start hanging with her "brothers" and Kris tried to make her feel as if she was being disloyal to the family. In actuality Kendall and Kylie aren't Kardashians in any way shape or form, because Kris isn't a "Kardashian". They are Jenners.  If Bruce wants to become a woman, so what... perhaps if Kris hadn't castrated him he wouldn't have gotten used to a life without balls.

If it really bothers Kris, its probably because she cant find a way to make money off it. 

Edited by iwasish
  • Love 4

Kim's bad acting was especially glaring in this episode, especially as Khloe's recounted the Malyika kiss non-issue.

Is Khloe's still dating French in present day? I thought I'd heard they were back on. If so, I wonder what it's like for him to see how she speaks of him and their relationship on the show.

I really hope Scott is able to stay on track.

• Love 1

I've not seen the whole episode, somehow I always turn it on at the same part, Khloe talking to Kris on the phone while driving. As usual, it never looks as if they are really driving..they have their hands off of the steering wheel, holding the phone in one hand & playing with their hair with the other.

Just some thoughts...Mr. Tostandon is a recovering alcoholic..he's been sober for many years. He did go through treatment but stayed the whole time, not just one day. When he got out of treatment, he immediately got involved with an after care program, actually, we both did as a couple. He started attending meetings, recommended is 90 meetings in 90 days. I began attending meetings myself, because most cases, the family members are just as 'sick', if not more so, than the alcoholic.  We are the ones who have made the decision to stay in this relationship and usually, try to control it.  You are told in treatment that when you get out, life is still going on as usual for others...there are liquor stores on every corner, bars on every corner, alcohol being served almost wherever you go.  'To Thine Own Self Be True'...you cannot expect everyone around you to change their life & their behavior because you have.  While in treatment, we, as family members, were asked to abstain from alcohol, which I have chosen to continue doing.  But we cannot expect everyone around us to not drink. It actually makes Mr. Tostandon more uncomfortable if people are uncomfortable ordering alcohol drinks when he is around. You are told not to put yourself in an uncomfortable situation, such as hanging out in bars still, etc.  You have to be responsible for yourself, no one can make you pick up that drink. Even after all of these years, and we are talking with Mr. Tostandon, 28 years of sobriety, his sobriety is the most important thing in his life; if he was not sober, we would not have our marriage, our family, probably his life. He still attends meetings on a weekly basis, and it is not only so much for himself as it is to be there for others who are just newly sober.

If Scott's sobriety was important to him, then he would remove himself from the things that tempt him, and if he is going to live a life, he is going to encounter those situations.  The smartest thing for he & Kourtney to do would have been to say 'We can not continue with this right now, we will pick this back up after we have become more comfortable with Scott's situation...or...if they have others living in the house with them and they want to continue on with their lives, move into their own place, take themselves out of that situation.  It is up to Scott to do this, not up to other people to change their lives and behavior to fit Scott.  Yes, it would be nice for the others to clean up their messes, mainly because that is the correct thing to do; not because it may tempt Scott. I totally agree with Artsda, if I were Kourtney, I would have been more concerned about Mason or "P" getting into the wine.  Scott puts himself in a lot worse situations by making these club appearances, etc.  Is he still he is going to continue his "business meeting' dinners with his friends, are they expected to not order drinks now because Scott is there? 

Bottom line, in my opinion, if Scott is so fragile still that an open bottle of wine & some wine glasses may throw him over the edge, then he needs to be in treatment still.  They had better remove mouth wash from the house, in addition to vanilla extract and cough syrups.  Those are things that contain alcohol and a lot of alcoholics will turn to those if they get desperate.  But, again, it is up to Scott to make these changes.  If Kourtney continues to try to control things, he will never get better.

My real thinking though, when it comes to this group: this whole situation was not real: first, as others have said, since when has Kim become such a big drinker.  Also, I will guarantee you, there are plenty of housekeepers they have running around there cleaning up their messes.  I highly doubt they would have just left all of this laying around.

Edited by alegtostandon
  • Love 5

Why does Kourtney call bagels flagels? But she is right about the bagels not tasting the same in the West than the East.

A flagel is basically a bagel that's been flattened out before boiling it. It was created by Tasty Bagel in Bensonhurst, Brooklyn in 1994. People like them because they're larger and better suited for a large sandwich filled with different cold cuts. There's no other bagel anywhere that tastes exactly like a New York bagel. I've tried bagels everywhere I've traveled and neither Miami or Los Angeles bagels can come close to the taste and texture of a genuine NY bagel. (it's the water)

• Love 1

I finally caught this episode and was laughably underwhelmed with KitchenGate. Yes, from the perspective of having an alcoholic and two small children in the house, leaving an open bottle lying around was irresponsible. But from Kourtney's hysterics and even the descriptions in the thread, I was expecting the entire downstairs to be trashed. If two bottles and three champagne glasses sitting on the counter in an otherwise immaculate kitchen is considered a "mess", I'm never having people in my house again!

• Love 1