Type keyword(s) to search

Kourtney And Khloé Take The Hamptons - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Why? Money. We're not talking a little bit of money. This show has made this family tens of millions of dollars. They are all on contract - including Scott and he's been very vocal that he enjoys the life that this show has made possible for him - the Rolls Royce collection, the uber mansion they just bought, hobnobbing with the who's who. They made a deal with the devil and the deal was that they will become very rich but in exchange they live their lives on camera.

That said, scripted isn't synonymous with acting. I don't think a single one of them could act their way out of the room they're standing in. I don't think Scott has been faking being a drunk for the past 7 years. I don't think Khloe has been faking her marriage to a crackhead. The real stuff is happeneing to them - as it does to others, but they try to use their shows to put a "spin" on it. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I believe Scott's problem is real and I believe that his relationship with Kourtney is real. Kourtney could have upgraded from Scott years ago. His sperm isn't the only capable of making pretty babies. I think that they are ALL damaged from growing up with Kris and it is playing out in each of their romantic relationships.

• Love 5

I remember on last season of KUwtK she told Scott she started getting a large instead of a medium and it "Literally changed my life" and he looked at her and said "A large tea changed your life?" and just walked away. It was one of the harder times I've laughed at this show. She's just so ridiculous.

I remember that. She said it with such sincerity, too. I do think she has a very dry droll sense of humor and probably can be a lot of fun... IMO, she is the least interested in the "Kardashian" lifestyle.

• Love 2

Scott obviously has a serious drinking problem ( and he's a sloppy drunk ), but I just can't feel sorry for Kourtney. She's just so flat & emotionless, & I think she only keeps him around for his sperm. She was already talking about a fourth kid, & she hasn't even popped the third one out yet.

Poor Kim, I feel so bad that you're homeless & have to live with mommy. Heaven forbid you live in Kanye's house, that would be like being married.

• Love 2

Scott obviously has a serious drinking problem ( and he's a sloppy drunk ), but I just can't feel sorry for Kourtney. She's just so flat & emotionless, & I think she only keeps him around for his sperm. She was already talking about a fourth kid, & she hasn't even popped the third one out yet.

Poor Kim, I feel so bad that you're homeless & have to live with mommy. Heaven forbid you live in Kanye's house, that would be like being married.

Norths bday is in June. Kim was talking bout the BelAir house not being ready for another year. I thought they'd sold that house unfinished and bought one closer to Kris? But regardless I don't buy the poor Kim feels stifled at Kris's house, she's never there. It was all scripted bullshit.

I don't believe Kris's story that she couldn't sell Scott as a co host with Khloe.

• Love 2

Poor, poor Kimme. Not a single house to rent in all of LA where she, Kanye, and North could live together like a normal family while they wait for the construction to finish. Of course her only choice is to live in a single room at her mom's house like some stereotypical nerd who's never had a job or date.

Meanwhile, wtf is actually going on with that house?? They could have torn it down to the ground and reconstructed it five times over by now. Does Kanye pay the contractor to un-do any progress at the end of the day to ensure that he never has to actually live with her?

• Love 6

I don't know what's worse, Kim and Kris not telling Kourtney that they were having the party at her house, or Kim not inviting Kourtney and her kids to North's party.  I would think she would want her sister who has a daughter about the same age to the party. 

Scott is really out of control, I hope things get better for him.  I really think having him go to the Hamptons was a bad move, he's obviously trying to get over his parent's deaths, and I don't think this helped.  

Kim bought a 2nd house, why is she wining that she's got nowhere to throw her extravagant party? She invites herself to Kourtney's house, while she's across the country and not expecting her to show up. Then Kris and Kim ask Kourtney what she's doing there? It's her house.

Bright spots was Scott with Penelope in the opening scene, Scott with Mason saying bye. Seeing Bruce at the party, Brandon too. Kendall could like care less about being on camera for the Khloe's house scene. 

The whole birthday at 1Oak was really the opposite of what the media reported at the time. If he was behaving that drunk like all that, the stories from that party wouldn't be what they were. 

I feel bad for Scott. He is in some serious trouble. He already drinks too much, but now mixing prescription meds with it...that's a recipe for disaster. I truly hope that he gets some help and can straighten himself out.  Kourtney may be coming across as a cold bitch, but she's doing what she has to do to take care of herself and the kids.

• Love 1

If we ignore all the fake set up of the whole thing... I think the reason Kourtney decided now for the Hamptons was because both she and Khloe were having work done on their houses and it's easier to just not live there while that's going on. Clearly they couldn't live with Kris because Kim's already there and I'm guessing they picked the Hamptons because... well, that part I don't understand because I think it's super insensitive to Scott who had begged (according to him) for them to spend a summer there for years while his parents were alive... so if Kourtney's reasoning is that he's always wanted to do it? That's super unfeeling and clueless... again, all of this requires we pretend that it isn't producer driven.

• Love 3

If we ignore all the fake set up of the whole thing... I think the reason Kourtney decided now for the Hamptons was because both she and Khloe were having work done on their houses and it's easier to just not live there while that's going on. Clearly they couldn't live with Kris because Kim's already there and I'm guessing they picked the Hamptons because... well, that part I don't understand because I think it's super insensitive to Scott who had begged (according to him) for them to spend a summer there for years while his parents were alive... so if Kourtney's reasoning is that he's always wanted to do it? That's super unfeeling and clueless... again, all of this requires we pretend that it isn't producer driven.

Of course its producer driven. Kanye goes to extremes for Kim's Bday.. expensive bag, "daycation" to Hawaii but he cheaps out on his daughter's first Bday party

and forces Kim(who has plenty of her own money) to go behind Kourtney's back and use her house? They could have rented out any place they wanted for her party.

• Love 1

I am so sick of these people; I no longer actively search out their show, but fell asleep last night to the E! News and woke up to this garbage.  The only place that feels like home to Kim is Kourtney's house? (and notice how many times Kourtney says 'MY HOUSE' to Scott, I think one time she did say 'OUR HOUSE'). How could that feel like home? I thought they just moved in there.  I think it was the only yard large enough to allow cranes in to set up a ferris wheel, which we all know every one year old needs to have at their party.

Did I hear Khloe say her "Glam Room" when showing off her new digs? These people have way too much money! 

I do not know if I believe the whole Scott thing.  If this is the way it really went down, then shame on everyone for allowing this to be filmed and shown. Shame on Kourtney for having no feelings towards the man she has chosen to have children with to even care enough to go home to make sure he is ok.  Driving around in her monotone voice describing the situation to her sisters....just no caring or feeling at all.  It seemed there was more concern over the broken door than there was for Scott. Yes, I know it is tiring to live with an alcoholic, I did for a few years before Mr. ToStandOn put himself into treatment.  He works hard at his sobriety every day, even after 25 years. Hopefully, Scott will stop all of these appearances at night clubs and his friends respect his sobriety...if that is what his goal is to totally stop drinking.

Edited by alegtostandon
  • Love 2

I am so sick of these people; I no longer actively search out their show, but fell asleep last night to the E! News and woke up to this garbage.  The only place that feels like home to Kim is Kourtney's house? (and notice how many times Kourtney says 'MY HOUSE' to Scott, I think one time she did say 'OUR HOUSE'). How could that feel like home? I thought they just moved in there.  I think it was the only yard large enough to allow cranes in to set up a ferris wheel, which we all know every one year old needs to have at their party.

Did I hear Khloe say her "Glam Room" when showing off her new digs? These people have way too much money! 

I do not know if I believe the whole Scott thing.  If this is the way it really went down, then shame on everyone for allowing this to be filmed and shown. Shame on Kourtney for having no feelings towards the man she has chosen to have children with to even care enough to go home to make sure he is ok.  Driving around in her monotone voice describing the situation to her sisters....just no caring or feeling at all.  It seemed there was more concern over the broken door than there was for Scott. Yes, I know it is tiring to live with an alcoholic, I did for a few years before Mr. ToStandOn put himself into treatment.  He works hard at his sobriety every day, even after 25 years. Hopefully, Scott will stop all of these appearances at night clubs and his friends respect his sobriety...if that is what his goal is to totally stop drinking.

And Kim in the back seat, with two failed marriages behind her, talking about the importance of therapy, cracked me up. Kourtney's relationship certainly has its issues, but she and Scott have been together 10 years, longer than either Kim or Khloe have been able to maintain a relationship.  IMO a big part of Scott's problem is boredom, he has nothing to do. The most enthused I've seen him was over the possibility of the radio gig. He needs something productive to get his interest and keep him occupied.

• Love 5

And Kim in the back seat, with two failed marriages behind her, talking about the importance of therapy, cracked me up. Kourtney's relationship certainly has its issues, but she and Scott have been together 10 years, longer than either Kim or Khloe have been able to maintain a relationship.  IMO a big part of Scott's problem is boredom, he has nothing to do. The most enthused I've seen him was over the possibility of the radio gig. He needs something productive to get his interest and keep him occupied.

ITA, Iwasish, Scott is bored.  I really thought the radio show would be great for him.  I do not understand the bit about his talking off the top of his head,  to me, Khloe is much more offensive than he is. IIRC, she got pretty offensive on the radio show she was doing in Florida.  I am sure if she wanted to have Kanye or French on, it would be no problem.  I would think especially in that area where Scott is from, he would be welcomed with open arms.  I think it was Kris who stopped it...is she his manager also?

• Love 1

He should have his head examined if he agreed to have Kris as his manager, since it's obvious that she actively hates him. Though it might explain why he "agreed" to embarrass himself on television with this addict storyline.

Just to clarify: real addiction is horrifying and should never be mocked. And I don't doubt that he parties more than he should, and that this juvenile drunken behavior annoys Kourtney - in other words, there's likely some kernel of truth that started this recurrent storyline. However, with each passing week I grow more skeptical that the overblown details aren't purely for the cameras. This week, for example, he "takes a bunch of pills" (off camera, conveniently), then arranges for himself to be taken to the hospital (what remarkable insight in his intoxicated state!), then prattles on about how his heart is racing! no wait, slowing! yeah, slowing! while the bemused doctor basically tells him he's fine. Of course Kourtney talks about this in a monotone while driving. She's no actress and it's probably taking every ounce of concentration not to roll her eyes. These people are all just phoning it in for cash.

Edited by Stella MD
  • Love 2

I think the kernel of truth is that he is grieving. And he has always partied a bit too much but I think now there's all this stuff. I know most of this is set up but seriously the fact that the Ks thought going to The Hamptons would be a bright idea is so insensitive. I also too think he's bored and he's in a place where his mind probably does wonders. I don't think Kris fought at all for him to be on  a radio show with Khloe. 

I'd rather have Scott on the radio than Khloe anyway. Kris probably was scared he'd let too many family secrets out of the bag while on air. He is the one guy she doesn't control on the show.

• Love 2

I am watching right now an old episode where they were all in Vegas for Queen Kim's bday, the one where Scott & Rob got drunk & out of control. Kourtney changed the locks & said they were through...how many years later is she still playing the same games. She really needs Al-Anon...Yes, there are meetings "celebrities" can go to so they do not have to mingle with the 'common folk'. Do not make empty threats...I know it is hard to do, but if you continue to make threats that you do not follow through on, the "alcoholic" will tell you what they know you want to hear just to appease you, then go back to their old behavior. I, sadly, lived that life for about 3 years before I gave Mr. Tostandon an ultimatum....he put himself into treatment that night & has been sober ever since...as I said in an earlier post, 25 years.

Kourtney continues to make empty threats that Scott now knows that as long as he tells her what she wants to hear, she will give in, take him back then he goes right back to the same ways. Until they both take this disease seriously, it will continue. Kourtney is in a much better position than most are...she can financially take care of herself, does not depend on Scott for that paycheck.

• Love 2

Scott decides to check into rehab, but has second thoughts once his stint begins; at the same time, Khloe has mixed feelings about her approaching 30th birthday since her life isn't turning out as planned.

The Lord is not enthused about the no booze rule in rehab. 

• Love 3

Is there anything this tribe won't put out there?  This episode showcased Scott's alcohol problems, Kim's sense of entitlement, Kourtney's blasé attitude about Scott's problems, and Kris' partiality towards Kim. 

No one seems to care how Scott comes across.  Poor Kim is homeless and feels its her right to take over her sister's home behind her back.  Kris obviously thinks its O.K. for Kim to disrespect Kourtney.  Khloe is SO stressed about turning 30; what in the hell would she do if she had some real life problems?  Good lord, I don't know how these people can film this crap and not be in the least bit embarrassed.  They ALL are so pathetic!

• Love 2

I never noticed it before, but Kourtney & Kendall have the same nose.

LMAO, they have to give French Montana sub titles in order for anybody to understand what he’s saying.

Kim needs to hide those veiny boobies away. Wearing that too small dress with her whole bra hanging out & the veins on display is not something anybody needs to see.

Guys? I can't help it, I feel bad for Scott. His parents JUST died! Both in rapid succession and it seems like no one close to him cares about that at all. I'm not saying he doesn't need rehab or at least a bunch of therapy, but it would also be nice if the rest of his "family" acted at least a bit concerned. Kourt saying she's giving him space is insane. She's acting like just because that might be how she would want to be treated that means it's how everyone should be treated. I feel awful for him. I know it's all set up and fake and all that, but his parents really did just die. It's terrible! 

• Love 6

I feel awful for Scott too.  I think a lot of things are obviously very staged and fake on the show, but what Scott is going through seems very real to me.  I'm an only child about his age and can't imagine losing both my parents in such quick succession.  I've always sensed a real insecurity with him, as well as anxiety, and I think that is a real contributor to his drinking issues (sadly, something else I can relate to).  I think a lot of what attracts him to Kourtney is the fact that she seems quite calm, stable and is almost a surrogate mother to him, if that makes sense.  She probably makes him feel somewhat safe.  I felt terrible for him that she wasn't directly communicating with him when he was in the rehab and instead going through his friend.  I could see if the rehab prohibited him from speaking with people during his first week, which is common in some places I think, but they were clearly letting him speak with his friend.  I mean, Kourtney is pretty much his common law wife and she is the mother of his three kids!  Although I also get that she has gone through a lot with his drinking, she did say something to that effect to her mom and sisters.  I just feel really badly for him.  I hope he gets help, because it's clear he loves those kids and they shouldn't have to listen to their dad puking at night and witness him sleeping the day away hungover.  I just have a soft spot for him, for some reason.  Clearly I've spent too much time thinking about this!

On a lighter note, did anyone notice the camera seemed to focus on Kim making the stupidest faces on the episode last night?  I laughed several times at her weird expressions.  

• Love 3

I feel awful for Scott too.  I think a lot of things are obviously very staged and fake on the show, but what Scott is going through seems very real to me.  I'm an only child about his age and can't imagine losing both my parents in such quick succession.  I've always sensed a real insecurity with him, as well as anxiety, and I think that is a real contributor to his drinking issues (sadly, something else I can relate to).  I think a lot of what attracts him to Kourtney is the fact that she seems quite calm, stable and is almost a surrogate mother to him, if that makes sense.  She probably makes him feel somewhat safe.  I felt terrible for him that she wasn't directly communicating with him when he was in the rehab and instead going through his friend.  I could see if the rehab prohibited him from speaking with people during his first week, which is common in some places I think, but they were clearly letting him speak with his friend.  I mean, Kourtney is pretty much his common law wife and she is the mother of his three kids!  Although I also get that she has gone through a lot with his drinking, she did say something to that effect to her mom and sisters.  I just feel really badly for him.  I hope he gets help, because it's clear he loves those kids and they shouldn't have to listen to their dad puking at night and witness him sleeping the day away hungover.  I just have a soft spot for him, for some reason.  Clearly I've spent too much time thinking about this!

On a lighter note, did anyone notice the camera seemed to focus on Kim making the stupidest faces on the episode last night?  I laughed several times at her weird expressions.  

My question is "Does Kim ever cover up her tits"? They are front and center in every scene she's in. If she were my sister, I'd have to say to her at one point , "please cover those things up or I'm not going to be seen with you."  Between her tits and constantly adjusting that flat hair that looks like its covered in bear grease, I find her so fucking irritating. Then there's her constant condescending remarks about how everyone else should live their lives, Kourt "should do this" Khloe "should do that" and everyone "should kiss Kris's ass". Mind your own fucking business... when you manage to last ten years in a relationship like Kourtney has (difficult or not, she's committed to it) maybe someone will give a shit about your opinion. And Kris telling Khloe she jumped into a new relationship too soon? Did she tell Kim that when she jumped in bed with Kanye? Also she needs to step up those workouts.. she's got quite a camel-toe going in the underarm area. Must be all those Dunkin Donuts she was eating in the preview.

• Love 2

Scott was boating around with the family around the time of Khloe's birthday, with that boat that got delivered. He was even instagraming pictures of the visit the same week. 

The best thing about this episode was Mason's reaction in the preview of seeing Scott. That's the most real. 

• Love 1

Khloe looks like she wants to punch Kim right in the face. She left a little of the story out when she told Khloe all about HER when SHE turned 30. Kim said she got married and had a baby except she left out a whole crazy engagement, marriage and divorce.

• Love 2

Just to clarify: real addiction is horrifying and should never be mocked. And I don't doubt that he parties more than he should, and that this juvenile drunken behavior annoys Kourtney - in other words, there's likely some kernel of truth that started this recurrent storyline. However, with each passing week I grow more skeptical that the overblown details aren't purely for the cameras. This week, for example, he "takes a bunch of pills" (off camera, conveniently), then arranges for himself to be taken to the hospital (what remarkable insight in his intoxicated state!), then prattles on about how his heart is racing! no wait, slowing! yeah, slowing! while the bemused doctor basically tells him he's fine. Of course Kourtney talks about this in a monotone while driving. She's no actress and it's probably taking every ounce of concentration not to roll her eyes. These people are all just phoning it in for cash.

I think it's possible the overblown details could be for the cameras.  I've noticed that Scott's drinking seems a lot more in control when they are on KUWTK.  That is why Kourtney seems so flat, because things are exaggerated and maybe even scripted.   I also understand Scott's been through a lot and that could have set him off, but he was worse in Miami too.  Actually the most loving and natural I've seen them is last year when they had the Christmas show, which makes me think some of what goes on is an act.

Edited by karenc3

On a previous episode, a therapist came to talk to Kourtney or maybe it was both Kourtney and Scott -- I don't remember. Anyway, the female therapist had more than a passing resemblance to Steven Tyler (today's version.)

Who was that therapist and what have they done with "Steven Tyler?"

Funniest moment when Khloe was folding that pair of jeans, When she held them up, the backside was completely stretched out.

That therapist, Leigh, was the one at Mirabel, I think it's a spa type resort in Arizona. Kourt and Scott went there and did some couples bonding type stuff. Scott got into It a bit, Kourt was lukewarm to the whole talking about your feelings thing.

French was just an awkward person. Or it it just how he talks, it's like his mouth is full of marbles.

I can't understand a word French Bread is saying. Not one. He is either high all the time or mentally delayed.

Khloe obviously got the back alley version of the Kim K diaper butt procedure. Her ass has grown 4 sizes.

I agree with those who think Scott and Kourtney are just lazily following a rehashed script from KKTMIA. I think they're fine in their actual life. This really seems like a super exaggerated version of them. Kourtney is controlling and Scott lacks ambition.

From tvdb:

Kourtney and Scott must come to terms when Scott crosses rehab off the list. Kim doubts trusting Jonathan after the tabloids claim secrets that only Kim told Jonathan.

From TV Guide:

Kourtney and Scott try to avoid repeating their past mistakes after he unexpectedly checks out of rehab; at the same time, Kim begins to doubt how loyal her best friend Jonathan really is after family secrets are leaked to the media.

I love how they still pretend that there are "secrets" they don't want to be made public. If it gets them attention, it will be on Instagram, no matter what it is.

How many times will they use the Jonathan is disloyal storyline? She's accused him of it almost every season and they always makeup

How does something Kim told Jonathan the night before suddenly become a soon to come magazine story? Maybe the help or the camera crew is talking? And who cares, they're filming it all for public consumption anyway. Does Kim think her glam squad doesn't leak a tidbit or two to the press?

Honestly. Like we're supposed to believe Pimp Mama Kris isn't behind all of it?

She'd sell out any of them for press. Telling Khloe in a manner that insures the public will hear it and that Scott will hear it,

that she can't get a radio deal for him was so tacky.

But Kourtney overshares her issues with them and then they feel free to voice their opinions and give advice. Advice that is laughable coming from them, since none of them have perfect relationships. She's better off talking to Leigh the therapist and who has a professional obligation to keep confidences. I still think Kourt and Scott have a better shot at a long term relationship than Kim and Kanye, Khloe and French or Pimpmama and her boy toy.

• Love 1

Ugh Scott. It's time to get a big boy job and quit with the club "appearances." And how could he possibly sober up in that environment.

I thought Kourtney's boobs were obnoxious in that sheer top, and then I was assaulted by Kim's boobs in a tank top.

Maybe the help or the camera crew is talking? 

They have every second of their lives filmed, & they can't understand how stories "leak"? How stupid do you have to be to not understand how that is happening? If by some miracle it's not Kris, it's one of the 1,000,000,000 people following you around filming.

Ugh Scott. It's time to get a big boy job and quit with the club "appearances." And how could he possibly sober up in that environment.

I thought Kourtney's boobs were obnoxious in that sheer top, and then I was assaulted by Kim's boobs in a tank top.

I think she had some kind of bra on, but it wasn't much support. Kim's tits might as well have their own show, they spend that much time on camera.

• Love 2

Scott and Kourtney make-up / break-up? Check.

Jonathan fight with someone? Check.

Kim does something to make Scott made at her? Check.

Wash rinse repeat of the plotline from the last spinoff episode.

The "leak" plot was hilarious just because Kris had TMZ himself as a co-host on her talk show but they're acting like other people are spilling things to him? They're also acting like Jonathan needs to call the paparazzi, like Kim doesn't do that on her own?

Also for their to be a leak, it needs to be true information. So basically they're admitting that this stuff being leaked is 100% true. 

• Love 1

Scott and Kourtney make-up / break-up? Check.

Jonathan fight with someone? Check.

Kim does something to make Scott made at her? Check.

Wash rinse repeat of the plotline from the last spinoff episode.

The "leak" plot was hilarious just because Kris had TMZ himself as a co-host on her talk show but they're acting like other people are spilling things to him? They're also acting like Jonathan needs to call the paparazzi, like Kim doesn't do that on her own?

Also for their to be a leak, it needs to be true information. So basically they're admitting that this stuff being leaked is 100% true. 

Loved Kourtney saying "Kim has a big mouth"

Everything they've complained about being leaked is for sure true. They film it!!! Why be upset about a leak when you are filming Scott's meltdown for the purpose of showing it for our entertainment? Or is Kourtney upset because we'll know she sees a therapist?

The good: Scott going to an AA meeting. Hopefully he has a sponsor and will keep this up. Positive change!

The bad: Mostly everything else except the kids.

The ugly: Kim's veiny boobs escaping that tank top.

• Love 1