Type keyword(s) to search

Late Show in the Media

• Start Topic

For me, this is the most interesting part of the article from that tweet:

CBS said that Obama will sit down with Colbert for an “extended” in-person interview conducted in Washington, DC.

Anyway, I can't wait. 

• Love 4
28 minutes ago, Victor the Crab said:

I didn't know where to put this, either here or at Stephen Colbert in Other Roles.

I Just Fall Down: Stephen Colbert On Being Diagnosed With Benign Positional Vertigo

https://www.thenews.com.pk/latest/752589-i-just-fall-down-stephen-colbert-on-being-diagnosed-with-vertigo

Here's the Vanity Fair interview mentioned in the article:

“Look At What We Love. It’s on Fire”: Stephen Colbert on Trump Trauma, Leadership, and Loss

It's a great interview and it's kind of a shame that most other sites seem to focus on his vertigo issue, like that's the only important thing to learn from the interview. 

• Love 10
9 hours ago, Raradra said:

“Look At What We Love. It’s on Fire”: Stephen Colbert on Trump Trauma, Leadership, and Loss

It's a great interview and it's kind of a shame that most other sites seem to focus on his vertigo issue, like that's the only important thing to learn from the interview. 

Thanks for posting that.  It was a wonderful read.  And I was going to quote the line about putting cheese on his sandwich, but I closed the tab and don't have any more free articles left - oh well, you'll have to trust it was hilarious. 

• Love 3

I assume you meant this part:

From off camera, his wife, Evie McGee, enters the room to remind Colbert to do his prescribed vertigo exercises and ask what kind of sandwich he wants for lunch (egg, avocado, bacon, he says, and while she’s at it, “throw some cheese in the motherfucker”).

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
On 12/2/2020 at 10:17 AM, Raradra said:

I ❤️loved❤️ the Annie Leibovitz portraits most of all.

• Love 1
(edited)

Directors Guild of America nominations!

Variety Talk/News/Sports (Regularly Scheduled Programming)
Paul G. Casey - Real Time With Bill Maher, “Episode 1835” (HBO)
Jim Hoskinson - The Late Show with Stephen Colbert, “#1025 Live Show Following Capitol Insurrection” (CBS)
Don Roy King - Saturday Night Live, “Dave Chappelle; Foo Fighters” (NBC)
David Paul Meyer - The Daily Show with Trevor Noah, “President Obama: Inspiring Future Leaders & ‘A Promised Land’ (Comedy Central)
Christopher Werner - Last Week Tonight with John Oliver, “Trump & Election Results” (HBO)

Variety Talk/News/Sports (Specials)
Stacey Angeles - The Daily Show with Trevor Noah Presents ‘Remembering RBG: A Nation Ugly Cried with Desi Lydic’ (Comedy Central)
Marielle Heller - What the Constitution Means to Me (Amazon)
Jim Hoskinson - The Late Show with Stephen Colbert, “Stephen Colbert’s Election Night 2020: Democracy’s Last Stand: Building Back America Great Again Better 2020” (Showtime)
Spike Lee - American Utopia (HBO)
Thomas Schlamme - A West Wing Special to Benefit When We All Vote (HBO Max)

Producers Guild of America nomination!

Award for Outstanding Producer of Live Entertainment & Talk Television

“8:46 – Dave Chappelle (Special)” (Netflix)
Producers: eligibility determination pending

“The Daily Show with Trevor Noah” (Comedy Central) – Season 26

“Last Week Tonight with John Oliver” (HBO) – Season 7

“The Late Show with Stephen Colbert” (CBS) – Season 6

“Saturday Night Live” (NBC) – Season 46

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 4

Writers Guild of America award!

Comedy/Variety Specials: Ariel Dumas, Jay Katsir, Delmonte Bent, Michael Brumm, River Clegg, Aaron Cohen, Stephen T. Colbert, Nicole Conlan, Paul Dinello, Glenn Eichler, Django Gold, Gabe Gronli, Barry Julien, Michael Cruz Kayne, Eliana Kwartler, Matt Lappin, Felipe Torres Medina, Opus Moreschi, Asher Perlman, Tom Purcell, Kate Sidley, Brian Stack, John Thibodeaux & Steve Waltien (Stephen Colbert's Election Night 2020: Democracy’s Last Stand: Building Back America Great Again Better 2020)

• Love 5

I just watched a Washington Post Live with Jon.  He's amazing.  If I ever again say I couldn't love him more, remind me that I'm wrong.

I'll post the YouTube as soon as the Post posts it!

Actually, you can watch it on the Post site, although I can't say whether it counts as one of your articles if you're not a subscriber.  I'll still post the YT link when it appears.  Enjoy!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/washington-post-live/2021/04/27/race-america-giving-voice-with-jon-batiste/

• Love 4

The show received 5 Primetime Emmy nominations https://deadline.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/2021-Emmy-Nominations-List.pdf

Outstanding Production Design for a Variety, Reality or Competition Series

Outstanding Directing for a Variety Series

Outstanding Variety Talk Series

Outstanding Sound Mixing

Outstanding Writing for a Variety Series

I'm not sure if you would count it under this show but the election special on Showtime also received 2 nominations, for Outstanding Production Design for a Variety Special and Outstanding Variety Special (Live)

• Love 7
3 hours ago, DanaK said:

The show received 5 Primetime Emmy nominations https://deadline.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/2021-Emmy-Nominations-List.pdf

Outstanding Sound Mixing

I'm not sure if you would count it under this show but the election special on Showtime also received 2 nominations, for Outstanding Production Design for a Variety Special and Outstanding Variety Special (Live)

Do we know who was Director and Sound Mixer during the pandemic? 
I mean, was it Evie and their son, respectively? 

• LOL 3
1 hour ago, shapeshifter said:

Do we know who was Director and Sound Mixer during the pandemic? 
I mean, was it Evie and their son, respectively? 

The nominations don’t suggest so. The link has the names, but I don’t know the names of their kids

• Useful 1
7 hours ago, DanaK said:

Outstanding Sound Mixing

And Tooning Out the News was nominated!

2 hours ago, DanaK said:

The nominations don’t suggest so. The link has the names, but I don’t know the names of their kids

I looked at the official Emmy's website where all the names are listed in the creative categories.  No Colbert family members.  :)

• Love 2

OH FFS. 'Colbert' is trending on Twitter because that clip has gone viral and some people who don't like Chuck Schumer are criticising him for dancing with Stephen while Afghanistan is in crisis. 😢

Edited by purist
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, purist said:

OH FFS. 'Colbert' is trending on Twitter because that clip has gone viral and some people who don't like Chuck Schumer are criticising him for dancing with Stephen while Afghanistan is in crisis. 😢

Have those people stopped all the fun and relaxing things in their life because of the situation in Afghanistan?

• Love 10
4 hours ago, opus said:

Have those people stopped all the fun and relaxing things in their life because of the situation in Afghanistan?

Or, you know, the pandemic, forest fires, animal extinction, etc, etc. I would have certainly gone mad, if I didn't have those short moments of fun.

• Love 10
3 minutes ago, ParadoxLost said:

So what's the deal with reports of nine Colbert staffers, including Robert Smigel, being arrested for illegal entry to congressional offices in the Capitol yesterday.

Is it really illegal if Adam Schiff let them in?

• Applause 1
  • Useful 1
5 minutes ago, anna0852 said:

I'm not a lawyer.  I don't know.  But I would tend to think that they fact that they were kicked out for lack of credentials and then came back to be arrested probably means it is.

I have zero confidence that will have any bearing on anything though.

(edited)
11 hours ago, ahisma said:

This article has more details: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10928949/Robert-Smigel-arrested-alongside-Colbert-staff-members-House-Representatives.html

ETA: Here's the Twitter link to stories on the incident, so all y'all can choose sources to which you have access.
I may have found one of them unintentionally funny. 

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Useful 1
16 hours ago, anna0852 said:

16 hours ago, ParadoxLost said:

I'm not a lawyer.  I don't know.  But I would tend to think that they fact that they were kicked out for lack of credentials and then came back to be arrested probably means it is.

I have zero confidence that will have any bearing on anything though.

There are policies and protocols you have to follow and can anyone really 'blame' the Capitol Police for not fucking around when it comes to anyone deviating from that? Camera crew or not?

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

Stephen and Evie were at the White House for the state dinner for the French president last night.  I saw a picture of them walking in - Evie looked fabulous.  And Jon Batiste provided the music for the event.  

• Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, MaryMitch said:

Here are all the arrivals - Stephen and Evie arrive at 35:20

https://www.c-span.org/video/?524565-1/white-house-state-dinner-arrivals

3 hours ago, Calvada said:

Evie looked fabulous. 

Best lookers at the event!

I guess all that brouhaha of announcing each couple is one way to be sure there aren't any party crashers like they had during the Obama's time. I forget who it was. (The crashers were very forgettable posers.)

But were they all couples? 
Like Noah's Ark?

• Love 2