Type keyword(s) to search

"The Daily Show": Week of 1/5/15

I work in NYC, and honestly, it's completely invisible to me that enforcement is down. Jason aside, lawlessness is just not rampant. Which may suggest, perhaps, maybe, kinda, that maybe some of the previous enforcement might just have been a wee bit unnecessary? Maybe? Needs more study? Perhaps?

• Love 9

Maybe so, but that is NOT the cops' decision to make unilaterally.  They are being paid to do a job, not pick and choose the duties they want to perform while ignoring others, just because their widdle feewings got hurt.

• Love 8

That was pretty horrific. I was wondering if the cop on the street knew that Jason was doing a bit or if he really was ignoring the drug talk because of the NYPD's slowdown.

The camera following Jason around plus the bit of set up they had to do for the shots was probably a clue for the cop.  ;)

• Love 2
Rubbing Mitch McConnell's turtle shell will improve the economy, eh? More like a cynical opportunistic sociopath will take credit for the country's economic turnaround on his political party's behalf because he believes that the citizens of the USA are really that stupid and gullible.

It's a pretty laughable political move even for these idiots in congress. However, had the democrats running for reelection actually talked about policy and how that led to actual improvements, maybe there wouldn't be a republican senate. Instead, they were like, Obama who? And this is what happened.

People may have an idea what Muhammad looks like because he's been depicted in art for centuries.

So, they don't know what their talking about. I've said it a million times, religious people don't know anything about religion. 

The thing about extremists is they rarely see reason.

That's my point. They're a bunch of ignorant cowards scared of their own shadows. I know it's awful that people got killed, but I wish these idiots were called out more. 

So is it considered nepotism for someone like Allison Williams to become a guest on TDS because her father is Jon's man crush, Brian Williams?

To be fair, she is on a show that's premiering Sunday. People have on their friends when they have stuff to plug. 

• Love 3

I give Allison some points for being game enough to play along with Jon so ably. (Me, I'd be sitting there all hurr-durr.)

that is NOT the cops' decision to make unilaterally.

I think there is probably a great deal of individual discretion involved in policing, if I'm to believe all those Law & Order eps where Lenny tells a witness some variation of 'I'm homicide, not vice!" (And I always believe my Lenny.)  But I totally agree with you on the stupidity of the butthurt, walnutqueen.

• Love 1

that is NOT the cops' decision to make unilaterally.

I agree. I am convinced that the union is pulling strings and running the show. The union big boss is a thug, bully and people fear him. He is revengeful and all around an asshole

• Love 4

I liked Jason Jones, but now I will never not see him with that dog.  ~sad~

Or Jason taking a dump in the bucket.  I love that Jason totally commits to a gag and goes for it.

Edited by monakane

Or Jason taking a dump in the bucket.  I love that Jason totally commits to a gag and goes for it.

I covered my hands when Jason did that, knowing full well he would never actually do something like take a dump in a Salvation Army bucket. It's the thought that matters.

Maybe so, but that is NOT the cops' decision to make unilaterally.  They are being paid to do a job, not pick and choose the duties they want to perform while ignoring others, just because their widdle feewings got hurt.

I'm not certain how the police department is supposed to respond to murders that were motiviated by protests that called for dead cops.  Responding to calls with two cars rather than one makes sense to me even if it does reduce coverage. 

But I'm sure that Jon never even thought those two police officers warranted a second thought from him or his show.  Let's just ridicule the NYC police department.