Type keyword(s) to search

S29.E14: This Is My Time / Live Reunion

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

FTC:  I was holding my breath!!! 

I'm giving Jaclyn credit for knowing she didn't have much chance for the win against either Natalie OR Keith.  The better move would have been kicking Natalie, but I just watched the three women on their last day and it was sooo joyful.  It made me happy just watching them wake up and eat their bananas.  : )

• Love 8

I was looking forward to Jeremy's question the most, and he said nothing. Basically "vote for Natalie because I told you to, y'all". Please SIT.

I did like Reed's impersonation of Jonathan Penner in Philippines, though. How much does anyone want to bet that production knew he had a speech planned, and so they arranged it for him to go up last?

• Love 9

I think she thought she would manipulate them as she's undoubtedly manipulated all the men in her life.

Eh, I didn't think it was too harsh. Missy deserved that.

It's not even about what she thought though, Jeff and "Survivor" should have said "you need to go." If she has to sit out in all the challenges that everyone else has to fight and compete for. Why is she allowed to stay and someone who was playing in those challenges have to go? She should have been removed. Not sit like a bump on a log for the next 3+ immunity challenges. 

• Love 23
I did like Reed's impersonation of Jonathan Penner in Philippines, though. How much does anyone want to bet that production knew he had a speech planned, and so they arranged it for him to go up last?

I think they always do that though.  They must ask people what their questions are to help plan the order.  I'm sure they also change up the order in editing, but he referenced being the last person.

• Love 6

I was looking forward to Jeremy's question the most, and he said nothing. Basically "vote for Natalie because I told you to, y'all". Please SIT.

I think it's obvious production would get a reading on the jury members before the FTC.  They are making a show and though it's technically 'reality', it's actually pretty orchestrated.  

• Love 2

Yeah!!! Whoo! And I thought I'd have no one to root for...  but did Reed change his slip? He wrote Jack at first. I got worried and went cold when I saw that second vote for Jaclyn was in script, I thought maybe more people voted for her. Whew!

• Love 3

Yeah!!! Whoo! And I thought I'd have no one to root for...  but did Reed change his slip? He wrote Jack at first. I got worried and went cold when I saw that second vote for Jaclyn was in script, I thought maybe more people voted for her. Whew!

Didn't catch that; I'll have to go back and look.

• Love 1

Finally, the right person won imo! Go Natalie!

Reed should teach a class on reading people! That was all kinds of awesome!

I thought Jaclyn had the win for a minute.

Is Natalie the first minority winner since Earl?

• Love 11

TWINNIE POWER!!!!!!!!!

Natalie probably played the best game by a female contestant since Parvati. I wasn't a fan since she and Nadya were irritating on TAR, but I grew to like her. Most deserving winner in my opinion.

Reed? While you were at it, you should've slapped Baylor instead of that giving that rambling, run on stepmother speech. Missy wasn't all that great, but come on, she didn't hurt you personally.

Edited by Nedsdag
  • Love 19

Well deserved. Good on you Natalie. She was right, it was a mistake to take her to the end just like Woo taking Tony but kudos to Jaclyn and Missy staying loyal, though it may have cost Jaclyn who seemed fairly well liked. I worried about Natalie when she lost the final immunity challenge but once I saw Missy and Jaclyn discussing possibly blindsiding her, I knew she was fine because editing this season has been shit. 

Heh,heh nicely done Reed.

I was fine with this because it didn't seem to come from a place of bitterness about losing the game. That's the only jury anger I can't deal with - the people who are all outraged when they simply got outplayed. That definitely didn't seem to be Reed's attitude at all especially considering he congratulated Natalie on her gameplay and told Jaclyn he loved getting to know her, even while admitting that their plans never aligned and in fact she went against him multiple times. So clearly his feelings for Missy were purely based on how he really felt about her regardless of the game. 

What the hell is Baylor wearing?

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 11

Reed was not off on his assessment of Missy, but he still voiced it in such an exaggerated way, designed just to be as insulting and mean as possible. All it really did was drop him down to her level, which left me disliking both people involved. Also, I saw nothing wrong with Baylor crying about it. Most people would react in such a manner in a similar situation.

I thought Missy should have dropped out at the F4 to give her family the best shot at winning (or at least competing). At that point, the vote against the family pair was obvious and thus made Missy a non-entity.

I liked Jaclyn's final challenge performance. Seemed like she pushed through a few personal barriers there. Had that challenge not involved a puzzle I think Keith would be a lot richer.

• Love 14

I get the feeling Jaclyn knew she couldn't beat either of them, and decided if someone had to get the million, might as well be the person who saved her to get her and allowed her to get the second place $100K.

I like this. Like Lill in Panama when she booted Fairplay.

• Love 5

Reunion thus far:

Usually people look better on the island than at the reunion, but I think Reed is an exception this year. IMO he should keep a little facial hair at all times.

Jeremy's shirt and bowtie are ridiculous. WTF, Jocasta??

I feel so bad for Keith, he seems really humiliated by his performance on the show.

I DO NOT want to hear about Josh and Reed saving the world!!

• Love 14

I hated Natalie and her twin on the Amazing Race since I had a headache from all of the screeching.  But once separated (and away from the childhood patterns so many of us fall into when we are with our siblings) Natalie proved herself to be an extremely intelligent, fierce competitor.  Her win was greatly deserved, and I was really happy to see her go for the jugular by voting out Baylor.

I liked this too-- she was clear-eyed and unsentimental with her moves.  No fake hand-wringing over loyalty and friendship, but also not a jerk about things. 

• Love 22

I agree on the assessment of Jaclyn's jury speech - I don't think anyone bought it despite the efforts of Jon to try to bump up her Survivor cred.

I like how Natalie not only stroked Alec's ego in her response to his question, but also gave a nod to Jon and Baylor at the same time.

Josh threw the "are you a goat" question to Jaclyn, who seemed to deflect it well but Josh pressed it a bit more.

I really like Keith's wife for some reason.

• Love 10

I think we have twenty minutes left, and ten players still haven't spoken up. Also, I was wrong about everyone being coupled up, like in the original BvW. Seriously, Jeff, why haven't you gone to Nadiya?

ETA: Fourteen minutes left, eight players unaccounted for.

• Love 8
But Reed voted for Jaclyn!

Because he's a dumbass.

He did it to give Jaclyn's second place over Missy I believe.

I also think it was because he genuinely liked Jaclyn. Based on his comment to Jaclyn during the final tribal council, it definitely seemed that somehow they were able to become close even though she was voting against his best interests. And my guess is he knew the other jurors were voting Natalie so he just threw her a vote to be nice so she wouldn't only have Jon's vote. 

• Love 6