Type keyword(s) to search

Kandi's Momma Joyce: Give Dora the Explorer A Wig Tug in Here

• Start Topic

As this season progresses, and with Sharon's death, I think we'll need a place to vent about Joyce.

Please remember not to post anything that would be considered libelous or defamatory, and be nice to one another. We're all in the same big pink plastic Hello Kitty chair together.

This should be a place to vent about her antics in general, past or present, if it has nothing to do with a present episode. A place to blow off steam. :)

I wonder if Joyce also did a look up of A.J.s Mom like she did with Miss Sharon. 

I remember how ugly she was about Kandi getting serious with A.J.  I didn't like her then and thought she was more concerned about possibly losing her allowance from Kandi. 

• Love 2

I didn't mind Mama Joyce when it came to AJ. He was of average looks, owned a strip club and had a shit ton of kids. Even though she was too much, I could see why she would be so unenthused about him.

Everything since then though, has made it obvious there was nothing he could have done that Joyce would have found acceptable. I'm sure she could have found fault with him owning a McDonald's.

I see shades of Nene in this Joyce broad. Just naturally pops off at the mouth and expects all around her to eat it, accept it and move on cause "that's just how I am".

What I cant understand is Kandi's quiet. The silence from her to her mother is deafening. It's almost like she co-signs because after Joyce talks much shit about her soon to be MIL, Kandi buys her a new house? Say what?

She's sending a strong message to Todd with bullshit like that and I hope he's listening. His feelings will never come before Joyce and her mouth. Kandi will never check her. That woman will come in their lives at will, wreck havoc and saunter out giving herself kudos for a job well done. Kandi and Joyce are a sick unit and they will never be healthy.

I don't approve of gold digging but I hope Todd has a tiny shovel. He should use whatever opportunites come his way from being a Husband of Housewife and start stacking. Let Kandi pay for his daughters college tuition. Maybe set up a meeting w Kim. She can school him on what sort of gifts he should ask for so he can accumulate them as assets. Then when the breakup that we all know is coming does come, he is still sitting on a mini fortune.

• Love 8

Dang Brooklynista,GOOD THINKING!! And as far as MJ is concerned, she is a lost cause.  Kandi  needs to be careful and not spend ALL her money because MJ & Riley are gonna be pissed if they can't continue "the life to which they have become accustomed".

Edited by goofygirl
  • Love 2

Check out this preview of when Kandi confronts her mother about her boyfriend ripping apart Kandi's house.  I truly despise Joyce.  Truly.

http://kandionline.com/mama-joyces-shocking-news/

Naw!!!  That bitch needs an ass whoopin and nothing less will do.  I can't believe she's playing the fake illness card to get out of being held accountable for the damage to Kandi's house.  Better still, Kandi needs to put her old ass away in a nursing home about 5 states away.  Don't make no damn sense!

• Love 6
Joyce's lifestyle was definitely upgraded by Kandi, but she's not dependent on Kandi's money.

Assuming none of us have access to Joyce's private financial records, how can this be stated with such certainty?  Especially when all indications are that she is and has been dependent on Kandi's money, even before Kandi bought her a huge house with her own personal basketball court.  What job would someone of her limited education and verbal skills hold that would pay her to live in the style to which she's become accustomed?  I know that Joyce has said she doesn't rely on Kandi financially, but she's said any number of things that are evidently untrue.  And Kandi has said exactly the opposite.  Common sense and credibility both lean heavily in the latter direction.

• Love 10

Joyce's lifestyle was definitely upgraded by Kandi, but she's not dependent on Kandi's money.  I also don't think family should attempt to control people's behavior by withholding money.  Just because Kandi is rich doesn't make her the mother.  Parents sometimes say or do things we don't like or agree with.  That doesn't mean it's okay to be disrespectful.  

How do you know Joyce is not dependant on Kandi's money? I thought she had nothing but her monthly social security checks.

• Love 2

Kandi hasn't defended her mother's words

No, but she's made excuses for them (something along the lines of you know how old people are), which is just as bad. I think many people have said that the problem is Kandi is not presenting herself as a united front with her husband when it comes to her mom, and that is a problem. When you get married, the spouse comes first above all else, and that includes ratchet mamas.

• Love 5

Joyce is dependent on Kandi's money and Kandi's access to money.  That's why she got credit cards in Kandi's name (unbeknownst to Kandi).

If Joyce had her own money and good credit, she wouldn't need to take out credit cards in Kandi's name to spend and gamble away.

• Love 9

Check out this preview of when Kandi confronts her mother about her boyfriend ripping apart Kandi's house.  I truly despise Joyce.  Truly.

ya'll?  what's an amarism?   can't nothing kill her except maybe drowning in the river Styx.

Naw!!!  That bitch needs an ass whoopin and nothing less will do.  I can't believe she's playing the fake illness card to get out of being held accountable for the damage to Kandi's house.  Better still, Kandi needs to put her old ass away in a nursing home about 5 states away.  Don't make no damn sense!

How bout she got all in her feelings on the text before the fake illness?   How bout, the fuck does "what has Benny ever done to you?"  have anything to do with anything?   Well to start he tore up my house and stole every piece of copper in that muffucah while you stood by and fixed him a cheese sandwich.   I really can't wait to see what Kandi says when this results in Joyce defending Benny. 

This heffa (™ ridethemaverick) indeed

Brooklyn, I bow deeply at the waist! lol.  and am accepting payments in cronuts.  

• Love 8

Ya'll do not look at this preview unless you want to lose your mind!!! I see where this is going: Joyce is busted without any excuse for why she and her boyfriend left Kandi's house trashed. Todds mom passes away. Joyce is going to pretend like she is sick and on meds so Kandi will be nice and let her off the hook cause god forbid Joyce passes away, too. Kandi will fall for the whole bunch of bullshit. Total manipulation. Fucking Joyce has somehow found a way to use Sharon's passing to her own advantage. What a vile, disgusting excuse for human being.

• Love 5

What job would someone of her limited education and verbal skills hold that would pay her to live in the style to which she's become accustomed?  I know that Joyce has said she doesn't rely on Kandi financially, but she's said any number of things that are evidently untrue.

So true.  A person who is financially independent doesn't steal her daughter's credit card and run up a bunch of Home Shopping Network charges on it.  Joyce has already proven over and over that she's a humongous lying liar who lies.  The woman is beyond reproach. I wouldn't put it past her to dip into Riley's trust fund if she had a way to do it.  The really bad thing is now that we see she was already playing the "illness" card before Sharon passed away, she will play it to the hilt now that she's gone.  And Kandi will be powerless to do anything to go against anything that old hag doles out at this point.  The best post I've seen on here is, "The wrong mother died!"  Ain't that the honest to God's truth!

Oops!  Didn't know Drivethroo already beat me to it. 

Todds mom passes away. Joyce is going to pretend like she is sick and on meds so Kandi will be nice and let her off the hook cause god forbid Joyce passes away, too. Kandi will fall for the whole bunch of bullshit. Total manipulation. Fucking Joyce has somehow found a way to use Sharon's passing to her own advantage. What a vile, disgusting excuse for human being.

Since this is a preview of the next episode to be shown Sunday, I'm assuming this was filmed before Sharon passed away, right? 

Edited by swankie
  • Love 2

Didn't it come up at the reunion or somewhere that Joyce is retired from a job? Something to do with the phone company?

I remember Joyce mentioning something about working in a Cookie Factory.  I think it was during the reunion in response to someone asking her about living on Kandi's dime.  Or maybe she just mentioned that she doesn't have to work her fingers to the bone in a Cookie factory.  I know I was a little perplexed when she said it.

Actually, she said she worked in a Pie Factory.  It was on the reunion show.  http://youtu.be/VJ_YQwaPfzc?t=25m1s

Edited by swankie

Didn't know Not My Mama Joyce could smile!

9b27043d1451d3698b16b95246841703.jpg

I'd hardly call that a smile. She looks like she's in pain making that expression.

Before this she referred to Todd on numerous occasions as a golddigger, incapable of supporting Kandi.  She implied that he was lazy and accordingly, would want to be supported by Kandi (this is actually where in the manner to which he'd become accustomed to came from) Joyce was referring to wording that should not be contained in the prenup.  She ridiculed the engagement ring he bought to such an extent that it brought Kandi to tears (even though it was the very ring she'd chosen).  She accused Todd and Carmon of carrying on behind Kandi's back and when Carmon told her to knock it off, she called Carmon and left her a nasty threatening voicemail.  She had to be physically restrained from beating this same woman's ass during bridal gown auditions, under the guise that this was strictly a family appointment so Carmon didn't even have a right to be there in the first place, nevermind that Kandi had invited her.  I'm not even really sure why that would inspire violence but when we examine the real gag, it makes more sense.  Carmon's been on to Joyce for years and is neither intimidated, amused nor moved by her bullshit and Joyce knows it.  We're moving on.  The day of Kandi's wedding, as Midnight pointed out, she went out of her way to make a comment that emotionally isolated a child, her soon to be stepgrandchild.   I'm gonna stop right here because that's all I remember but without all of this, let's assume that pimp and prostitute were all shed've said, why wouldn't disparaging Todd's parents with those comments alone be sufficient?

I recall at some point she left someone a vox mail message about paying someone to set up Todd.

• Love 1

I recall at some point she left someone a vox mail message about paying someone to set up Todd.

Yes, I wish I could remember who, because when Kandi was told about it, we got the standard reaction. And if I remember correctly, Kandi told Todd about it.

• Love 2

No, but she's made excuses for them (something along the lines of you know how old people are), which is just as bad. I think many people have said that the problem is Kandi is not presenting herself as a united front with her husband when it comes to her mom, and that is a problem. When you get married, the spouse comes first above all else, and that includes ratchet mamas.

Kandi speaks of her mother like she is 90 years old! Isn't Joyce in her 60's? Kandi has to just accept that her mother is a mean, nasty, hateful woman to her core and age has nothing to do with it.

• Love 5

Wow ZaldomWilder what an amazing post.

I really dislike Kandi now. She gets defensive every time someone talks about her mom's unacceptable behavior and insists she will not cut her out of her life. Well girl, if you put boundaries in place-"No mama, you're not gonna act like that/say that towards me/my husband/my mother in law/etc. If you do, then you won't be in our lives"-and your mother chooses to not respect the boundaries, then SHE is the one cutting herself out of your life. It's up to HER. You don't just have to take any and all abusive shit just because she's your mother. And you damn sure don't buy her a new house after she destroyed another one you bought! Does Kandi really not see this? If she doesn't set boundaries, she will never keep a decent man. Never. I already give Todd the side eye for marrying into this situation. No decent, self respecting man would put up with that shit. You can support your mama all you want to, buy her anything she wants, but you deserve respect in return at the very least. Again, it's MJ's choice. If she wants the "lifestyle", then she better act right. Simple.

So what are we dealing with here? Sociopath? Psychopath? Extreme narcissistic personality disorder?

Edited by Tararayne
  • Love 3

I don't know, but Kandi is not smart enough to figure out that if she cuts her mother off, financially and emotionally, that the old hag will come around? Joyce wants the money and lifestyle worse than anything. If she has to toe the line and behave in order to get it, something tells me she will.

Kandi just has NO backbone where giving money to people she wants to please is concerned.

• Love 4

So I work for HSN part time, and I knew I recognized that maxi Joyce was sporting at the barbecue. It's just funny because I remember Kandi saying Joyce blew all her money on HSN. I wonder if she also picked up Nene's signature mumu? It's on clearance now for 19.95, Joyce.

• Love 2

Wow ZaldomWilder what an amazing post.

I really dislike Kandi now. She gets defensive every time someone talks about her mom's unacceptable behavior and insists she will not cut her out of her life. Well girl, if you put boundaries in place-"No mama, you're not gonna act like that/say that towards me/my husband/my mother in law/etc. If you do, then you won't be in our lives"-and your mother chooses to not respect the boundaries, then SHE is the one cutting herself out of your life. It's up to HER. You don't just have to take any and all abusive shit just because she's your mother. And you damn sure don't buy her a new house after she destroyed another one you bought! Does Kandi really not see this? If she doesn't set boundaries, she will never keep a decent man. Never. I already give Todd the side eye for marrying into this situation. No decent, self respecting man would put up with that shit. You can support your mama all you want to, buy her anything she wants, but you deserve respect in return at the very least. Again, it's MJ's choice. If she wants the "lifestyle", then she better act right. Simple.

*curtsey* thanks girl.

Kandi can't do what you're suggesting.   Emotional abuse is so insidious she has no idea what's been happening her whole life.   The people who keep trying to point it out to her and getting swatted away, I'm not sure that they don't understand that it isn't as simple as her defaulting to defending Joyce but years of unwillingness to examine and confront the dysfunction.   She may never get to boundaries, that comes after acknowledgement and since once you know you can't unknow, she won't get there anytime soon (says me). 

So what are we dealing with here? Sociopath? Psychopath? Extreme narcissistic personality disorder?

Magic 8-ball says combo plate.  Sociopathic narcissist.  

• Love 4
16 hours ago, Warcraftwife said:

Why can't Kandi stand up to her mother on any issue involving her personal life? It's blatantly obvious. It's her life, not her mom's. Her mother is running her life, emotions, thoughts, love life, mostly everything. she's obviously can't see it and puts her so far high up on a pedestal. If any person that wants Kandi's money, it looks to be her Mom, by her behavior & actions, etc.. I wish Kandi would wake up and see what's happening. My mom did this to me for years. Be careful, it ruined my life by her selfishness and greed...among other things I won't say here ..

Yeah, I don't get it either. 

• Like 2