Type keyword(s) to search

The Flash and Other Superheroes

Trini
Message added by Lady Calypso

This thread will be open for everyone to come discuss non-spoiler events related to the Crisis that have aired in the other Arrowverse shows that pertain to The Flash. Note that this isn't a replacement thread to openly discuss all of the Arrowverse shows; discussions should remain about The Flash. Anything spoiler related must be taken to our official Crisis thread. Thanks!

• Start Topic

21 hours ago, Trini said:

New crossover promo:

I like that Grant got the "patriot" shot; it must be from the Flash episode of the crossover.

the-cw-crossover-special-the-flash-600x3

So now we actually have a Kryptonian in the CW version of the Justice League; Oliver is 'Batman', I'm just wondering between Barry and Kara, which one is 'Superman' and which is 'Wonder Woman'.... I leaning towards Barry as (symbolically) Superman, but there's a good argument for Kara, too.

• Love 3
On 11/15/2016 at 7:13 PM, Trini said:

I like that Grant got the "patriot" shot; it must be from the Flash episode of the crossover.

the-cw-crossover-special-the-flash-600x3

So now we actually have a Kryptonian in the CW version of the Justice League; Oliver is 'Batman', I'm just wondering between Barry and Kara, which one is 'Superman' and which is 'Wonder Woman'.... I leaning towards Barry as (symbolically) Superman, but there's a good argument for Kara, too.

I get your point that technically Barry=Superman vs Oliver's Batman in these shows - but now that Supergirl and Superman exist in Flarrow, I'm struggling with this because Barry is The Flash, so he should occupy that part of the "Justice League".  And won't it be weird when he's a founding member of the JL, but doesn't invite Oliver or Kara?  I feel like a comic snob to say that Barry is slumming it with 2nd tier DC heroes, when he's DC royalty.  

Ugh - don't mind me - just salty they left Superman out of the Crossover, lol.

Edited by phoenics
  • Love 2

I've decided I'm going to wait until Thursday to watch the entire crossover-that way I don't have to wait each night to see what will happen next. Like watching a movie, on Thursday night.

I feel like a comic snob too, @phoenics, considering I think the actor they've got to play Vandal is puny in size, when he should be massive. And his voice sounds puny as well.  And I hate that they put him in or created that "triangle" with Carter and Shayera, when we both know who that third person was supposed to be!

JLU-John Stewart

. And they can try and make their Arrow their Batman, all they want, I'll never accept it; he's NOT Bats, and never will be. At least for me.

• Love 2

I've decided I'm going to wait until Thursday to watch the entire crossover-that way I don't have to wait each night to see what will happen next. Like watching a movie, on Thursday night.

It's a good thought but I already know I don't have the willpower to stay away that long, lol.  Supergirl at least feels like a free pass to watch even if you are saving the other pieces to watch all at once since only a smallish part of it has anything to do with the crossover.  

(edited)

Supposedly, an Arrow villain broke Black Siren out of the pipeline in the last episode of Arrow. Which hardly makes sense, since they would have sent to back to Earth-2 already, and how would he know where and how to break her out? And apparently they de-powered her too. And now ARGUS has her, so here's hoping that she and King Shark can form Rogues club!

Edited by Trini

In the new sitcom, Powerless, the opening credits show comic book covers and one features The Flash. They've already mentioned Superman, Batman, Joker, and others; I wonder if they can mention the Flash/Central City, or if they're barred because of the show?

I don't think we'll get anything like this for the musical crossover (because they probably don't have the budget for dancers), but I needed to remind myself how fun a little one-off silliness could be:

Agent Carter's musical number:

• Love 1

There were going to be comparisons between movie!Flash and TV!Flash anyway, but the new Justice League trailer already has a scene similar to one in the show:

justiceleague74.jpg

justiceleague75.jpg

• Love 2
(edited)

I'm not sure if this should go here? But for those interested in Young Justice:

Looks like Bart Allen is Kid Flash. I'm glad he's still there, though I'm not sure how that works timeline wise since he's from the future.

Edited by RedVitC
  • Love 2

Also at Comic Con it was announced that the title for the still-in-early-development Flash movie is Flashpoint. So we might see a third adaptation of that story. I not going to get worked up about it until it's in production, because maybe they'll end up going in a different direction. But I hope they don't do that story, because kinda makes nearly every character look bad.

----

I also realized that Justice League is opening while the DC shows are on the air, so hopefully, WB takes the opportunity to do some cross-promotion. It'd be great to see Grant Gustin-Flash and Ezra Miller-Flash together in a promo!

So this week, we had Oliver Queen and Green Arrow on a newspaper on The Flash; plus on Arrow, Oliver implied that Barry got a Flash backpack as a gift to William (Oliver's son who's a fan of the Flash).

• Love 1
On 10/20/2017 at 7:59 AM, RedVitC said:

The backpack thing is cute :) But when would Barry have gotten him that backpack though, since he was in the Speedforce. I think Oliver's son already had the backpack in last week's episode.

It could have easily been sometime last season, or even sometime before, I think. They didn't say how long he had the backpack; it doesn't need to be recent.

(Wasn't sure where to put this...) For those who may not follow the other DC shows or spoilers, this year's crossover is planned as a 4-hour, 2-night event; and not like individual episodes of each show. So looks like a lot of the wedding stuff that the show has been leading up to will be happening in 'Hour 1' in Supergirl's timeslot.

1 hour ago, phoenics said:

The bit at the reception was just awkward.  File the rude double wedding under Karmic punishment because Barry the dipshit let the time-traveling speedster psychopath go free.  Iris is getting karmically punished for marrying Barry the dipshit instead of almost anyone else, male or female, who has better judgement.  Mick Rory would be a more sensible match for her than Barry.  He'd have roasted Thawne alive right the fuck there.

• Love 2

(Wasn't quite sure where to put this...) Spoiler for another DCTV show, but related to a Flash character:

Spoiler

The Flash‘s Violett Beane, a.k.a. Jesse Quick, will make an appearance in the 15th episode of Legends of Tomorrow, EW has learned.

Details on what brings her to the Waverider are being kept under wraps, but the episode in question is titled “Necromancing the Stone.” ...

http://ew.com/tv/2018/02/21/flash-violett-beane-legends-of-tomorrow/

(edited)

Looks like Earth-1 Barry/Flash will make an appearance in the next part of Freedom Fighters: The Ray:

I wonder if Grant will be doing the voice?

Edited by Trini

Iris-X  isn't part of the show. They don't identify him as 'Barry Allen from Earth-X', but the villain speedster Blitzkrieg is essentially the Barry/Flash doppelganger. The villains don't really have much of a story or backstory. They're mainly there for fight scenes.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Trini said:

Iris-X  isn't part of the show. They don't identify him as 'Barry Allen from Earth-X', but the villain speedster Blitzkrieg is essentially the Barry/Flash doppelganger. The villains don't really have much of a story or backstory. They're mainly there for fight scenes.

Boo.

On 8/7/2018 at 6:15 PM, Trini said:

BTW, I requested a forum for the Batwoman show, if anyone wants to add thread titles: http://forums.previously.tv/forum/166-new-show-forum-requests-onoff-air-status-updates/

Welp. Request denied. So I guess we'll have to discuss it here.

---

News so far:
Batwoman To Join the CW’s DC Arrowverse For Next Crossover Event

Batwoman TV Series In Works At the CW

CW Boss Mark Pedowitz Provides Update On Groundbreaking ‘Batwoman’

Ruby Rose Cast As Batwoman

------

Glad for another female superhero show, but I know next to nothing about the character or the actress, so I'm pretty neutral on the whole thing. And I'm kind of wary of another Gotham-set series without Batman.