Type keyword(s) to search

Two Part Final: Spoilers Ahead

Kinda surprised by the two finalists. Not so much by

Fleur - she's got that X-Factor/instant pop star vibe the show is built for, and her two numbers were pretty decent

- but rather by

Ben over Andrea - Andrea clearly was the strongest vocally... but both of Ben's songs

were so boring and bland, those performances weren't up to par with what i'd expect from a finalist. Really pulling for

Fleur

to win the whole shebang, right now.

Edited by Kaoteek

Ben: Demons. I actually like (relatively speaking) Imagine Dragons because I'm far from the biggest fan of genuine rock music. Still, this is totally one of their weaker songs. Why do this one? He's in a glass box. This is self-indulgent, douche-y staging is perfect for Ben. That lighting makes him look super old though. What did he do to piss off the lighting crew? Ben could totally be trying harder on this vocal. It's like he's not even trying to win.

Andrea: Feeling Good. Trying to decide if the dancers on the ground is more or less creepy than Andrea as a golden devil. I still think he's not that impressive of a singer. Without the tricks he's pretty mediocre. And listening to those vocal tricks for a whole album (or just the same single over and over again on the radio) would be tiresome. Go away, Andrea. You're no Jahmene.

Fleur: Can't Hold Us. What is this... the barricades in Les Mis? I think Fleur is getting a little loss in this mess of a production. Guys, Fleur can sing. We don't need this nonsense.

For some reason the youtube channel is hiding the duets from me. I watched this instead. Still not worse than the Black Eyed Peas. I was hoping it was going to be Rain and it ended up being Katie Waissel and everything was perfect.

Ben won. Fleur lost. I'm pretty OK with this. As long as she doesn't Marcus Collins it she has a much better chance at a career now and Ben will probably be forgotten before the next series premieres. 

I am shocked, but it seems like most of the successful acts that come out of this show do not win... so there's hope yet for Fleur. Simon is not going to pass her up. My guess is that she'll be signed very soon. I do think the winner's single was in Ben's wheelhouse, and could be what propelled him over the edge. James Arthur's already been dropped by Syco and he won two years ago, compare that to Ella Henderson, who was on the same season -- she performed last night with Andrea, so we'll see what happens with Ben and Fleur. 

Edited by Jess

I'm not shocked as Ben was predicted as the favorite to win weeks ago. Also, if they didn't get his blandness out early on it was a hint that he had a strong fanbase voting for him. 

James Arthur's already been dropped by Syco and he won two years ago, compare that to Ella Henderson, who was on the same season -- she performed last night with Andrea, so we'll see what happens with Ben and Fleur.

Well, to be fair Ella didn't offend anyone after she left the competition.

Yes, nothing extraordinary about a bland generic (but not unattractive) male winning. (Though nothing can explain James Arthur.)

I just read the other day that Fleur was a member of Addictiv Ladies, the not-very-good girl group who competed on one of the early series. She certainly improved.

Ah well.  This show....

Ben, winner or not, will be safely forgotten within a few years, while Fleur will probably be a decent sized star.

The finale result really doesn't matter much.