Type keyword(s) to search

Tamron Hall -- Today show worker and MSNBC anchor

AntiBeeSpray
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, Pickles said:

Just read on Page Six that Tamron is leaving next month when her contract is up.

Good.  She just didn't work on the Today show.  She needs to keep doing news on MSNBC where she's much better.

• Love 2

I think Tamron's problem on the Today show was that she equated being "personable" with being "giggly" and it just didn't work.  I mean, there are times when she bursts into those fits of seemingly uncontrollable laughter, that even Al gives her the side-eye.  I used to wonder if she had some kind of medical condition.   The strange thing is that she's in control and very professional on her MSNBC show.

That said, I'm not watching anything with Megyn Kelly in it.   

• Love 6

https://twitter.com/brianstelter/status/826892493623013376

When word of the 9 a.m. hour cancellation spread last Friday, there was an outpouring of support for Hall and co-host Al Roker on social media.

At the time, NBC sources said Hall would likely remain with the network in other roles. But there was tension behind the scenes.

Some staffers came to Hall and Roker's defense and questioned the 9 a.m decision.

Tamron seems well-liked, has her fans and is still young enough looking which is unfairly important for female newsreaders, so she'll end up somewhere, but this sucks.  I ultimately blame Billy Bush.

• Love 1

I never got into Tamron Hall. She was always so giggly and laughing at the wrong times. She seemed to have more potential when she did straight news but on the Today Extra (or whatever it's called) she drove me crazy. I am surprised that she turned down the big bucks & new role. I guess she was really pissed. I bet she will end up on CNN or FOX News.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Ohwell said:

Thanks.  She must have gotten a sweeter deal from one of the other networks.

I don't know about that. There wasn't any mention of other offers and I'm sure she has a non complete clause. It appears that she was more pissed then anything. If she doesn't go the news route with CNN or Fox she could go the entertainment route like Natalie Moralis is doing now. The entertainment route is an easy gig and pays big bucks. 

• Love 1
10 hours ago, ByaNose said:

The entertainment route is an easy gig and pays big bucks. 

But that's where I think she's the weakest and,frankly, what got her fired from NBC.  She would just giggle her way through any entertainment type show, which would get her fired again.  She's better doing straight news.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Ohwell said:

But that's where I think she's the weakest and,frankly, what got her fired from NBC.  She would just giggle her way through any entertainment type show, which would get her fired again.  She's better doing straight news.

I totally agree with you. I was just throwing other options out there. I'm your friendly neighborhood HR Rep. LOL!!!

• Love 2

My petty side wants her to join Good Morning America.

From social media response, it seems  she does have a following who will continue to watch her. At the very least, public good will making her desirable to another network. 

She would be a good fit over at CBS News. I would love for her to join OWN and carve out a space where she does in depth news pieces or a true crime show. 

• Love 1
On 02/02/2017 at 2:41 PM, vmcd88 said:

On 02/02/2017 at 2:41 PM, vmcd88 said:

In my dreams GMA would get rid of Lara Spencer and Michael Strahan and pick up Tamron.  I'd watch.

Why is Lara still around?  Is she not getting a little long in the tooth?  LOL  I loathe Michael Strahan.  Can anyone explain his appeal?

• Love 3

I'm glad she got a new deal after her original plans for a talk show produced by the Weinstein Company fell through.  Please, please let this be a sign that she's going to wind up on GMA.  Strahan can focus on that Live! rip off, GMA in the afternoon or whatever.

I didn't like Tamron with Al when she was on the Today show because the two of them acted like five year olds, giggling all the time.  However, I like her when she's doing news stories.  

• Love 6

I liked Tamron both as a silly Today host, doing news and on her ID show.  And even if I didn't really like her, she was better, imo, than that other woman who used to occupy Tamron's former time slot.

I wish Tamron luck with her new talk show, but I don't know how it will succeed.  Katie Couric and Meredith Vierra were both total flops when they tried a daytime chat show.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, junemeatcleaver said:

I liked Tamron both as a silly Today host, doing news and on her ID show.  And even if I didn't really like her, she was better, imo, than that other woman who used to occupy Tamron's former time slot.

I wish Tamron luck with her new talk show, but I don't know how it will succeed.  Katie Couric and Meredith Vierra were both total flops when they tried a daytime chat show.

Too many talk shows & guests are spread pretty thin.  Would she bring anything new to the table?  ?

On 6/30/2019 at 3:41 PM, seasons said:

Tamron is going to have her own talk show on ABC starting in September. Not sure what to make of that.

Lol quoting myself. Wondering how programming is going to work on this new show of hers. In my area the promos say that Tamron will be on weekdays 10 am ABC. But Rachael Ray has been on ABC at that time for years. Wondering how that will work.

• Useful 1
2 hours ago, seasons said:

Lol quoting myself. Wondering how programming is going to work on this new show of hers. In my area the promos say that Tamron will be on weekdays 10 am ABC. But Rachael Ray has been on ABC at that time for years. Wondering how that will work.

I wonder who still watches Rachel Ray? I am surprised she still has a show. 

• Love 2

Tamron is not unpopular and would probably have been back on tv sooner if the Weinstein Company had stayed in business.  What's disliked in some spaces doesn't translate into it/the person being disliked by the general audience (or in Tamron's case daytime tv viewers).  Plus it's might be a bonus her hour of Today got better ratings than the expensive replacement that totally tanked.

The local Hearst owned ABC affiliate here has picked up both Tamron's show and the Kelly Clarkson Show.  I wonder which one will get the pre-Ellen spot.  I guess Kelly because both Kelly and Ellen are produced by NBC.

Not sure I understand her appeal. I did not find her very good on Today and actually found her rude on group segments. Sometimes when she was on weekends with the classy Lester Holt, she was kind of rude to him and seemed to be trying to be cool, which was annoying.

There seems to be a narrative now being pushed in articles (or maybe her PR team) that they chose Megyn Kelly over her and she is now getting the last laugh. I don’t think that’s the case. She definitely didn’t have Megyn Kelly’s profile at the time, but she already was established at NBC and had they thought she brought value over the years, IMO they would have worked hard to keep her. But they didn’t.

Edited by schroeder
  • Like 1
On 8/6/2019 at 3:21 PM, schroeder said:

She definitely didn’t have Megyn Kelly’s profile at the time, but she already was established at NBC and had they thought she brought value over the years, IMO they would have worked hard to keep her. But they didn’t.

I think Today failed to see that people would be annoyed that Tamron was replaced by someone with a history like Megyn's, particularly Black women, nor did they see that Fox News and network morning shows have different audiences.  And Tamron did sort of have the last laugh, Megyn's ratings were lower than Tamron and Al's and the third hour's ratings rebounded a bit after Megyn was finally fired.