Type keyword(s) to search

OLTL Outside Llanview: The Cast In Other Roles

• Start Topic

This is a thread to discuss the cast in their endeavors post or outside OLTL.

Roger Howarth has landed a recurring gig on CW hit "The Flash". Finally! Hopefully he can make it to primetime. He also had a recurring gig as a yoga instuctor in the last season of Showtime's "Californication".

Kassie and Melissa are on Days.

Melissa Fumero is killing it on Brooklyn Nine-Nine. Great ensemble and once they shifted Amy from 'always trying to prove she's tough' to a totally ambitious, straight as an arrow detective (who is desperately trying to get in good with her commander and hugely awkward about it) who also happens to be deathly allergic to dogs it's worked out VERY well.

• Love 3

David A. Gregory had a two-episode run on Constantine. He was an art model (i.e., nude) who turned out to be a bad guy. It was so satisfying to watch Zed beat him up and then get shot without a second thought.

I have to see that.  A chandelier didn't attack him, too, did it?  Good times, ahh yes, good times....

• Love 1

Here's one I have to get off my chest.

A. Martinez (Ray Montez and who I probably remember most as Roy DiLucca on GH) is in a hilariously awful (or awfully hilarious) movie called "She-Devil" starring Roseanne and Meryl Streep.  

Please tell me I'm not the only one who remembers this "gem".

• Love 3

Here's one I have to get off my chest.

A. Martinez (Ray Montez and who I probably remember most as Roy DiLucca on GH) is in a hilariously awful (or awfully hilarious) movie called "She-Devil" starring Roseanne and Meryl Streep.  

Please tell me I'm not the only one who remembers this "gem".

Oh I remember it - and curse my mind for not letting go.  What a disaster it was.   Almost as bad - but not quite - as the Ford brothers fiasco.

• Love 1

That was indeed Erin Torpey (Jessica Buchanan) on "Agent Carter" last night.  For those who didn't see it, she appeared as an actress in a Captain America radio show that voiced a thin, damsel-in-distress caricature of Peggy Carter.  In one awesome scene, Torpey's "Betty Carver" cheering on Captain America is juxtaposed with Peggy herself kicking some ass.

• Love 3

Yasmine Bleeth (Lee Ann Demerest) sighting!

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/yasmine-bleeth-photo-baywatch-star-makes-first-appearance-in-10-years-201571

It's been a long time since she's been spotted in public--she moved to Arizona many years back--but as long she's clean and sober now, that's all that matters. I hope she's happy. She was so beautiful back in the day, and even with the extra weight, it looks like she still is. 

Daphnee Duplaix (Rachel Gannon) is randomly in an episode of "Angel" I'm watching from 2000.  It's from season one where Cordelia get knocked up with a demon baby, she has a sizable guest spot as her friend.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 1

Yasmine Bleeth (Lee Ann Demerest) sighting!

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/yasmine-bleeth-photo-baywatch-star-makes-first-appearance-in-10-years-201571

It's been a long time since she's been spotted in public--she moved to Arizona many years back--but as long she's clean and sober now, that's all that matters. I hope she's happy. She was so beautiful back in the day, and even with the extra weight, it looks like she still is. 

I saw that! Glad to see she's doing well. When I was a kid, I wanted to BE her. Even before she was an actress, she was on many YA book covers. Her face was all over my house when I was a preteen. By the time she hit One Life to Live, Baywatch, and some of my favorite bad Lifetime movies, it felt like she'd been around forever.

It's been a long time since she's been spotted in public--she moved to Arizona

LOL. They make it sound like she's been holed up like a survivalist waiting out the zombie apocalypse. What they mean is, if she isn't in L.A., she doesn't exist (for them).

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 1

Two old commercials with James DePaiva looking super hot. You're welcome.

First, a commercial for some women's spray called Elation:

And then one for the old soap magazine Episodes:

I would post Fiona Hutchison's Excedrin commercial, but that's from her GL days. It was a thing back in the late 90s for every GL star to do at least one Excedrin commercial. 

Edited by UYI
  • Love 1

http://pasoroblesdailynews.com/major-motion-picture-studio-operating-creston/30624/

I hadn't realized that Catherine Hickland had remarried much less that she now lives in my neck of the woods! Creston is just north of me, part of the amazing wine country we have that is still, somehow, a secret to many at large. She's now married to Todd Fisher and they're opening up their family movie studio (Todd's mother, Debbie Reynolds, and sister, Carrie Fisher, are part of the studio as well) to encourage local talent and film-making in SLO County.

A part of Llanview has shown up in my neighborhood! I didn't even know!

• Love 1

Hickland has had quite the range of husbands, including the Hoff and Michael E. Knight. Now she's Debbie Reynolds's daughter-in-law.

I knew she was married to Michael E Knight for a good amount of time... I just hadn't realized she remarried. Or moved to my neck of California.

Yeah, I read about it on Michael Fairman's site or something. She did an interview somewhere.

Well, I promise if I run into her at any rodeos or wine parties that I go to, I'll let y'all know. Now I'm a little annoyed at myself for not mingling more at the VSJ Croquet Party but I was up in the VIP area and didn't want to leave the lofty perch. And I did get to meet the dude who originated Britain's Got Talent there. (He owns the vineyard.) Now I'm going to have to keep a weather eye out at these things.

That's pretty cool, good for her.  Rama bugged me a bunch on ABC OLTL (don't whine about your husband being in jail when you're the one who convinced him to go there, Rama), but I liked her on the TOLN version a lot and Shenaz Tresaury is definitely a talent.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 1

Shenaz Treasury (Rama) is going to be a correspondent on Larry Wilmore's new show, The Nightly Show. Tonight is the premiere, but I don't know if she'll appear.

Good for her! I'm so proud. I miss her and Rama. We didn't get enough time with her on PP.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 2

This is, uh, not the appropriate thread, but we don't have another. Brandon Buddy has again fallen on hard times.

Even more unfortunate, the clip TMZ linked appears to be of his replacement, Van Hughes.

I was just reading about this on another board and immediately thought of you, Jase, because you were pretty adamant that BB had gotten deep into the substance abuse. Wasn't that basically the reason he left?

I wish I could say I surprised by this but... alas. I'm sadly not.

There were a lot of stories but I didn't know whether it was drugs or alcohol. It seems to be both in this instance. I knew there had to be some very dire reason why he showed up to tape at OLTL for its final weeks in 2011 (looking awful, judging by studio pics taken by fans) and then was swiftly sent away by FV and replaced with Van Hughes overnight. He sounded like he was doing a lot better in Jeff Giles's recent book, was very articulate and well-spoken IMO; I'm sorry to hear about this.

I remember there were rumors too when he was unable to appear during the final weeks that he had some other car-related case in court.

Here's hoping he can get some help.

ETA...man, both Michael Fairman and Daytime Confidential are using what must be, like, his first publicity still as Cole.  It's sadly night and day.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 1

I just watched KA's final scene on GH and I actually kind of loved pieces of it. Screw the "I couldn't make it work with your mother" BS, but the final scene was really a beautiful good bye from RH to KA. Had nothing at all to do with GH and PP should probably add the whole damn thing to their lawsuit, but it was clearly the actors saying farewell so I'll take it.

• Love 2

the thing is Todd could make it work with Blair.. PP proved that  Ron just wanted one more chance to screw over T&B fans who failed to see the wonder that was Todd and  Carly.. If Ron could he would have a banner  saying T&B sucked.

Days also did a meta thing with KDP's and MA's characters interacting and MA's saying KDP reminded her of someone who was also a bitch,, 

I needed a Blair and Nat friendship

• Love 1

What Ron wrote doesn't matter. Sure, he did one more thing to stick it to the T&B fans but I don't care. He doesn't write for Todd or Blair and what he wants to happen doesn't mean jack shit. Todd and Blair are together. End of story.

• Love 6

What Ron wrote doesn't matter. Sure, he did one more thing to stick it to the T&B fans but I don't care. He doesn't write for Todd or Blair and what he wants to happen doesn't mean jack shit. Todd and Blair are together. End of story.

Yes,  Times a thousand. 

• Love 2
(edited)

John Brotherton was in the Conjuring awhile back, and he'll apparently be in the Fast and the Furious.

He's pretty active- he was also on an episode of Stalker.

I really think John has a good shot at hitting on something solid in primetime, or at least becoming a solid, "Hey, It's That Guy" for movies and t.v.

Edited by methodwriter85