Type keyword(s) to search

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

🟡 Yellow Light: Community Check-In This sub-forum is currently under a Yellow Light status. While we celebrate the vibrant discussions happening here, there is room for improvement to meet our community standards for respectful and inclusive dialogue. Here's our focus:

- Improvement Period: We have until 4/6/24 to elevate the quality of our conversations. Without this improvement, the Topic (and potentially forum) will be audited at a deeper level, red lit, and potentially scheduled to close. 

- Guidance: Let’s highlight what’s working and improve on what’s not. Constructive, respectful dialogue that values all voices is our goal. Please use the tags in this document to demonstrate the changes happening of more intentional community conversations.  

-Assistance: Unsure about how to contribute in a healthy way? Check out our DEI Resources for tips and best practices. Use tags: #RespectfulDebate, #kindness, #globalcitizenship to highlight areas you are seeing improvement in the overall culture of this Forum!

- Your Contribution: Your voice matters. Help us steer these discussions back on track and aim for a Green Light. Together, we can ensure this forum is a welcoming space for all. Your insights and respectful participation are key to our success!

• Start Topic

18 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

that's my favorite thing, mixing up highbrow & lowbrow!!!!!

also I really loved that book  If I recall correctly, Tartt went to the same university as Bret Easton Ellis & Jill Eisenstadt, and all of their first novels were set at "Camden University", which was a shout to their alma mater.  I love that corrupt-rich-kid-genre

(yeah, I lived w/my family in a second floor apartment and saved up hardcore for my Jordaches, couldn't relate, but...)

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

I actually love it too, which is why I posted it. However, this the kind of thing that never would have occurred to me, hence my "why."

Yes, Camden is a shout out to Bennington, which is filled with almost as many awful people as Hudson University (the fictional university in the Law & Order universe).

• Love 4
On 7/21/2018 at 11:39 AM, yourmomiseasy said:

I'm super late to this party, but the the "Stay strong Billie.  You are light. You are love." caption has me rolling on the floor.  Who puts a caption like that on their own photo?  

In other news, I went out with my friends last night and one of them lives in Tom, Katie, Jax, and Britney's building and has never mentioned it because he doesn't care.  I haven't been to his apartment since before they all moved in and only been late at night after hours of partying, so that's my excuse for not recognizing it myself.  Last time I was there I got in a big drunk fight with one of the neighbors because he told me I couldn't be an Uber driver because my car only has 2 doors and yelling "Dukes of Hazard" and expecting people to go in through the windows doesn't cut it (he was right) and then I got lost in the building trying to leave.  So I've never been back.  Oh and Jax is indirectly responsible for my friend's motorcycle being stolen, which sounds about right because Jax.

This is the best thing I have ever read at this site. Many thanks for the lulz!

• Love 4

They were just all in Mexico and seemed to be partying quite a bit. Kristen was there but not her boyfriend. I don’t think she’s pregnant and that pic is more of a joke about weight gain but who knows.

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, teapot said:

I keep on saying it, but I really wish they'd just cobble together a season of VPR from their instagram stories.  I love this gang & their real life, I do not want or need any made-up shenanigans.

They looked happy. I remember a Blind a bit ago that mentioned there might be two pregnancies on VPR. Sheena looked as though she was sporting a baby bump, but her pose in the group photo was just over the top. This isn’t about her. 

• Love 1
48 minutes ago, teapot said:

I keep on saying it, but I really wish they'd just cobble together a season of VPR from their instagram stories.  I love this gang & their real life, I do not want or need any made-up shenanigans.

agreed, I follow the Witches of Weho, Ariana, Stassi boyfriend Beau & James

and I do notice that James has not been included in the events that I assume have been part of filming,  with the exception of the Tom Tom opening

• Love 3
52 minutes ago, Marley said:

Looks like Laka got engaged to MyMan lol. 

Saw it on instagram.

And then in 5 years he’ll trade her in for an even younger wife, as seems to be his pattern.

Ooos I mean: congrats to the happy couple! ?

• Love 19
3 hours ago, Marley said:

Looks like Laka got engaged to MyMan lol. 

Saw it on instagram.

Wow. She really must be as great in bed as she claims. She epitomises the proverb, “Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free?”

• Love 5

Guess he's gonna try to turn a ho into a housewife. 

I just don't get it, as a mother. That's the example you want for your daughter? I see this all the time with my male counterpart friends and family. They go for the hot girl, the looks, the t&a, and then wind up burned in the end. Oh well! I'm sure he's got a good pre-nup happening. Good for her.  A few more years of luxury vehicles and expensive bags for her! 

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Duke2801 said:

But he IS “buying the cow” ..?

That’s my point. He could have kept sleeping with her and not commit anything. But instead he was seduced into making a commitment. I’m sure she was pushing for marriage but he could have called her bluff, or just moved on to some other money hungry ho, but instead he’s going to lock this one down for some reason. I don’t know, maybe he’s one of those guys that needs to be married. 

• Love 3

Didn’t he just wrap up a messy divorce with his prior wife?! Yikes...this just doesn’t bode well to me and he must’ve fallen super hard for her charms...maybe it’s true love and they really are that into each other in their own weird way?((snicker)) She must be one majorly skilled golddigger to finally lock down her mark so quickly and publicly, so kadooz to her on that! Mark my words, she’ll be pregnant within a year with her baby meal ticket #1. Get that money, LaLa! 

• Love 7
4 hours ago, Juliegirlj said:

Is Lala pregnant?! There were rumors that a Vanderpump Rules cast member and someone associated with the show are pregnant- Vail was one. 

I thought maybe she was because she stopped drinking and dying her hair. But she looks pretty thin in her Instagram pics—I see no hint of a baby belly. (Yet!)

6 hours ago, Stan39 said:

That’s my point. He could have kept sleeping with her and not commit anything. But instead he was seduced into making a commitment. I’m sure she was pushing for marriage but he could have called her bluff, or just moved on to some other money hungry ho, but instead he’s going to lock this one down for some reason. I don’t know, maybe he’s one of those guys that needs to be married. 

Oh I see, gotcha. Yeah he definitely seems like a serial monogamist. 

If by some chance she is already pregnant the engagement makes a bit more sense. 

• Love 1
8 hours ago, zenme said:

Guess he's gonna try to turn a ho into a housewife. 

I just don't get it, as a mother. That's the example you want for your daughter? I see this all the time with my male counterpart friends and family. They go for the hot girl, the looks, the t&a, and then wind up burned in the end. Oh well! I'm sure he's got a good pre-nup happening. Good for her.  A few more years of luxury vehicles and expensive bags for her! 

Don’t forget the all important PJ! ✈️  I seriously think that’s A #1 on her list.   I really don’t need to see her on RHBH.   Like them or hate them, they are all made women with their own money (marginally Erica, but she is established like it or not).  None of them are off the tit gold diggers.  She wouldn’t gel, in my opinion.  What does she have in common with any of them??? She’s the age of most their daughters.  

It’s all around gross to me, but she clearly has daddy issues so....good on her, I suppose?

• Love 5

This has got to make Scheana salty as hell. It's always been pretty obvious that Scheana has no problem fucking her way into fame and fortune; we saw it with Eddie Cibrian and Rob "transitive success" Valletta. This aspect of her personality has been so obvious for so long that we all thought that she must really be in love with Shay because he's not the kind of guy that she would ordinarily give the time of day. It's got to be eating at Scheana to hear that Lala landed a genuine bona fide whale who is actually a multimillionaire and knows actual celebrities.

• Love 13

Not sure if this is an off topic but it’s interesting to see everyone on social media this summer. Everyone seems pretty cool and hanging out a lot, I think schenas a little on the outs but even so she’s included. The only cast member who seems to be missing from a lot of events lately seems to be James. Although I think he hung out with Tom and Arinia a weekend or two ago at some pool party thing. But it’ll be interesting to see how this season plays out. 

And the big event at the beginning of the summer which I’m sure will be on the show, everyone at Jax and Brittany’s apartment after they got engaged, James was not there. He also missed a trip to

mexico which I’m pretty sure was filmed for the show. Kind of odd. 

• Love 3
On 9/5/2018 at 7:19 AM, Duke2801 said:

Lol his name is Randall.

They are just joking - she kept calling him "her man" which was then shortened to "Herman."

I do think it is funny that although his name is Randall, she calls him "Rand."  Randall is kind of a dork name, she had to make it cooler somehow.

Edited by heatherchandler
  • Love 8
On 9/3/2018 at 12:06 PM, Juliegirlj said:

Is Lala pregnant?! There were rumors that a Vanderpump Rules cast member and someone associated with the show are pregnant- Vail was one. 

I still say the other pregnancy is a hysterical protest pregnancy from Billie because she felt excluded from some random discussion the other girls were having.

• Love 15

^This.  I've happily noticed a lack of Billie on social media during their group events/trips.  Hoping that correlates to the show. She, like Faith before here, just tried too damn hard for camera time.

• Love 6
52 minutes ago, snarts said:

^This.  I've happily noticed a lack of Billie on social media during their group events/trips.  Hoping that correlates to the show. She, like Faith before here, just tried too damn hard for camera time.

I think her posts for that Girls Night event back in the summer has caused the to have a lack of show screentime, she accused everyone of not including her because she is trans and not the fact that she wasnt friends with the people who created said event. She made it into something else entirely. 

And look I know Lisa likes drama for the shows purposes but I could see her actually being annoyed that the cast members were being accused of transphobia or something like that. Possibly. For some reason I feel like Lisa wouldn’t stand for that.

Also I don’t like Billie. I think she’s a mean gossiper and she really played up the victim role on the reunion when Stassi said something about Jeremy. 

• Love 10
7 hours ago, biakbiak said:

And the fact that she was working the night of the event.

I forgot that she was working it till. I just remember her hilarious “stay strong” posts. And the fact that people on these boards called her out on being excited on social media about said event days before.  

• Love 3
On 10/11/2018 at 7:36 PM, HunterHunted said:

Did we know this about Sandoval's Charles McMansion bandmate of Touch in Public fame?

https://www.thedailybeast.com/qanons-newest-hero-is-a-d-list-vanderpump-rules-star?ref=scroll

No way! I read about this guy the other night and would never have thought to make the connection. (But calling him a “star” of VPR is a stretch—the other article I read didn’t mention VPR at all...)

Edited by ivygirl
  • Love 1

I follow some stuff about the gang on Instagram.  It's fascinating to see Jax and Brittney's posts.  If you didn't know better, you would think he was the most amazing, super awesome, loving, supportive fiance that ever fiance'd.  It's hilarious and yet infuriating at the same time.  I can't wait for the next season when you see in real time what an absolute asshole he's still being to her while she continues to sit there and take it (or wait, blow up, leave, and then come right back).  Hope it's all worth it for a free Kyle Chan ring! 

Stassi's new boyfriend loooooooves to mug for the camera.  The jury's still out on whether it's cute or just annoying. 

• Love 1