Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Persnickety1

SURly Staff In The Media

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Judi Sunshine said:

Congrats to them and all, but while I never plan to quit watching this show, I could change my mind in a New York minute if they start focusing on home renovations/interior decorating. 

It can't be worse than the other home improvement shit Bravo was trying to make happen.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, yourmomiseasy said:

It can't be worse than the other home improvement shit Bravo was trying to make happen.

I didn't see any of that -- because nothing bores me to tears more. I'd rather watch Lisa and Guillermo read the new SUR menu line for line!

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post

I just saw the Scheanna and Adam bit. OMG. could she be more icky? I mean, what the actual fuck? She needs therapy, STAT.

He probably doesn't go down on her because she has other dicks in her wick, and he told her that was a deal breaker for him, so what does she do? Spend the weekend fucking some random. Talking on national TV about how he went down on her for 30 minutes. Jesus help her! 

  • Like 6
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

They could always quit the show and their job and just go live their fabulous LA life making money some other way.  Oh wait....

  • Like 15
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post

Yeah, I’m kind of of two minds on this.

On one hand, I think Ariana and Sandoval are being shortsighted and arrogant. They have an actual business relationship that they’re damaging by being so public about their feelings. Lisa has given them an opportunity and they’re pooping on it because they just have to confront her on camera. Why not speak to her privately? I get that you want the “accountability” of the camera, but it’s still foolish. They aren’t so special that they couldn’t be replaced. 

On the other—their feelings are their feelings, and they shouldn’t feel that they should ignore (or not talk about) what they think and how they feel simply because it’s Lisa. Again, however, there’s something to be said for timing.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, ivygirl said:

Yeah, I’m kind of of two minds on this.

On one hand, I think Ariana and Sandoval are being shortsighted and arrogant. They have an actual business relationship that they’re damaging by being so public about their feelings. Lisa has given them an opportunity and they’re pooping on it because they just have to confront her on camera. Why not speak to her privately? I get that you want the “accountability” of the camera, but it’s still foolish. They aren’t so special that they couldn’t be replaced. 

On the other—their feelings are their feelings, and they shouldn’t feel that they should ignore (or not talk about) what they think and how they feel simply because it’s Lisa. Again, however, there’s something to be said for timing.

Although yes, they are entitled to their feelings, I think it's incredibly rude and ungrateful to express them publicly like this and they should have expressed them to her privately. Ariana did it on the show, why not leave it at that. Only God knows what they'd be doing without the show, but given how undereducated and unmotivated most of them are, and their failed attempts at fame and fortune as models and actors and whatever else, I doubt they'd be aboe to buy million dollar homes. Kristen fucked up and got fired and while she bought a house recently as well, it's a fixer-upper (not that there's anything wrong with that).

Tacky, tacky, tacky.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

Ariana is 100% entitled to her opinion. The problem with that conversation with Lisa though is Ariana was bringing a problem without a solution. She didn't say, Lisa, going forward, I'm asking you to stop making jokes about Tom being lazy or goofy, because I know he isn't. It puts him in a bad light and that's not a fair representation of how hard he does work. Etc.  But she just complained and then complained some more about how "futile" it all was. That's childish.

It's like she's ballsy enough to talk behind Lisa's back, but not quite ballsy enough to suggest a potential fix.

Adulting: C-

  • Like 14
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post

Yep, there's always working in complete anonymity at some bar somewhere in WeHo. There's that cocktail book that went nowhere.  The T-shirt line! Stassi's supposedly working on a book...

Probably not near enough $$$ to cover those house payments every month!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, goofygirl said:

Yep, there's always working in complete anonymity at some bar somewhere in WeHo. There's that cocktail book that went nowhere.  The T-shirt line! Stassi's supposedly working on a book...

Probably not near enough $$$ to cover those house payments every month!

Stassi’s a NYT bestseller!

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

Has anyone else been torturing themselves with the Insta stories of Stassi, Katie, Lala, and Brittany’s trip to Paris? So far:

*Lala purposefully dressed up to be mistaken as a Moulin Rogue dancer and it worked

*Brittany is immersing herself in the culture by: (1) trying to figure out how to eat escargot (2) trying to figure out to eat fondue (the only cheesy dip she knows is beer cheese) (3) Screaming mispronunciations of the names of French restaurants to mock the language

*Lala broke one of her nails off at dinner and panicked so they all searched for the nail on the ground

*Brittany bought her wedding shoes

*The girls all ate at McDonald’s

*Their hotel room doesn’t have a proper OOTD mirror and Stassi is annoyed

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, MrsWitter said:

Has anyone else been torturing themselves with the Insta stories of Stassi, Katie, Lala, and Brittany’s trip to Paris? So far:

*Lala purposefully dressed up to be mistaken as a Moulin Rogue dancer and it worked

*Brittany is immersing herself in the culture by: (1) trying to figure out how to eat escargot (2) trying to figure out to eat fondue (the only cheesy dip she knows is beer cheese) (3) Screaming mispronunciations of the names of French restaurants to mock the language

*Lala broke one of her nails off at dinner and panicked so they all searched for the nail on the ground

*Brittany bought her wedding shoes

*The girls all ate at McDonald’s

*Their hotel room doesn’t have a proper OOTD mirror and Stassi is annoyed

Yes!!! And Stassi/LaLa are trying to out-dress each other. And they’re all buying designer shit like the basic try-hards they are while you see the French staff rolling their eyes in the background. And Katie just looks bored.

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post

Tom and Tom should get their 50K back per Lisa's proclamation and then high-tail it out of there.  No good can come of it.  

Tom Tom is nothing without Tom and Tom and yet their percentage of ownership is so small that they'll never have the control they were hoping for - nor any more than a pittance of the proceeds.

That became clear as day during the reunion.

I never took to Lisa V.  Ever.  She's a user, and I'm glad her shenanigans are being captured both here and on RHBH.

Edited by Jextella
  • Like 5
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

Yea and when Tom and Tom do that LVP would prob push them out of the show and then good luck on their bar. They aren’t businessmen. I think their current role at Tom Tom is probably the right one.  They should prob be getting more money thru a salary or something but then trying to break away from LVP would prob not go well lol.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/8/2019 at 1:17 AM, Marley said:

Yea and when Tom and Tom do that LVP would prob push them out of the show and then good luck on their bar. They aren’t businessmen. I think their current role at Tom Tom is probably the right one.  They should prob be getting more money thru a salary or something but then trying to break away from LVP would prob not go well lol.

LVP couldn't push Kristen out of the show and LVP truly cannot stand her. LVP much like Whitney Sudler Smith of Southern Charm has a producer credit and might be getting financial compensation, but has no authority over what happens in the show, which is why her edit is so much worse here. The "kids" are the stars. Much of the editing and editorial decisions are made to favor them. She wants the Toms affiliated with TomTom for promotional reasons. That's fine, but she needs to communicate that with them. She's never been clear on what their role would be. In their initial discussions with her, they actually asked to not put in any money and to just do promotional work. She's the one who said no. She said it was a real partnership and they had to put money in and would be expected to do "real work," but then she doesn't cash their checks for a year, bans them from the construction site, and she and her family make all of the decisions.

The Toms aren't saying they want to or could start a bar on their own. They are saying that Lisa isn't being candid about what she really wants from them. She's set the situation up so the guys don't know what's going on and look like they're floundering. But in truth, she doesn't want them to learn anything or succeed. If LVP and Ken actually cared about the Toms ideas and contributions, Ken would have called Sandoval up to locate the frozen shot machine before he okayed the final bar layout, but it's pretty clear Ken didn't care. It's also clear Ken didn't care enough to explain why he wasn't using it. That's an hour conversation tops.

I did a bit of research and I'm mostly sure that the frozen shot machine is a Jet Chill. It's also possibly a Beyond Zero. They both take up too much real estate in the bar and neither is particularly the right fit for a bar like TomTom. A Jet Chill works better in a place like Fort Lauderdale where no one has sophisticated tastes, the bartenders are usually pouring shots or well liquor and a mixer, and they sell big batched drinks like hurricanes or frozen margaritas. A dry ice shot machine like the Jet Chill is a good way to upsell a shot. A Beyond Zero is better deployed at a place with a really serious mixology program. It's the kind of thing you would use in a place where if they have a burger on the menu, it costs $40. TomTom is neither of those places. It took me 40 minutes to do a tiny bit of research. I cannot imagine it would have taken that long for Ken to explain it to Sandoval.

http://www.jetchillsystems.com/our-shop/jetchill-machine/

https://www.touchofmodern.com/sales/beyond-zero-2554be4b-5c33-46c1-91f0-2c6498768565/bz-ice-maker

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Like 6
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post

Yea I agree that Ken and Lisa don’t really care about the Toms or their ideas etc but I feel like that’s been obvious from the start. I honestly don’t even really like Lisa being on this show much the main cast is who I watch for. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/9/2019 at 7:21 AM, Marley said:

Yea I agree that Ken and Lisa don’t really care about the Toms or their ideas etc but I feel like that’s been obvious from the start. I

It has been obvious to everyone except Tom & Tom. Maybe they're afraid to say anything to LVP? T & T should figure out a way to make it on their own/open their own bar.

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

This cracked me up.

The photo of Jax almost looks like a mugshot. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/2/2019 at 2:35 PM, politichick said:

I just saw the Scheanna and Adam bit. OMG. could she be more icky? I mean, what the actual fuck? She needs therapy, STAT.

He probably doesn't go down on her because she has other dicks in her wick, and he told her that was a deal breaker for him, so what does she do? Spend the weekend fucking some random. Talking on national TV about how he went down on her for 30 minutes. Jesus help her! 

30 minutes?! He must not have been very good at it!  😁

Share this post


Link to post

Because Jax is the worst and always a hypocrite.

http://celebrityinsider.org/amp/ariana-madix-reveals-jax-taylors-response-to-her-fathers-death-281479/

Jax has been such a lying hypocritical sack of shit for so long. Narratively, this should have been his zenith or hero season (he lost his father, turning 40, and he's getting married), but all of his lies and fucked up shit keeps coming out. He's been a wretched human being for so long, that I think everyone is like "I'm not hiding this dude's shittiness for one second more." He has lied about his time in the military. He's cheated on his girlfriends. He's harassing Raquel and James with the fake twitter account and cocaine video. He's the worst and viewer reaction to him in season 7 has been every bit of karma that he's earned.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/11/2019 at 11:49 PM, HunterHunted said:

This cracked me up.

Please tell me those pics are "age progression" photos? If that's what these photos represent (projecting 30-ish seasons into the future, then I have to say, Jax looks quite fine for 60 years old!

Edited by chenoa333 · Reason: Smokin' hot Jamaican
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, chenoa333 said:

Please tell me those pics are "age progression" photos? If that's what these photos represent (projecting 30-ish seasons into the future, then I have to say, Jax looks quite fine for 60 years old!

They are age progression photos, but Jax would actually be 70 because he's about to turn 40 in a month. He'd likely be far more bloated and physically a wreck.

  • Like 5
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
On ‎7‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 11:01 PM, Primal Slayer said:

Has anyone been following all the Billie drama? Trying to make the girls out to be anti-Trans because she wasnt invited to the GIRLS Night Out event at Sur while she is working it??

Silly Billie! Don't you know you can't participate in a party at which you're serving the food and drinks?

On ‎7‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 3:42 PM, Wicked said:

Why are they wearing bibs with palm trees on them?

On ‎7‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 3:26 PM, Mindthinkr said:

I bet LVP is saddened by that. I’m sure she’d love a little granddaughter to spoil rotten. 

I am sure the possibility of them appearing on her show hasn't crossed media mogul Lisa Vanderbucks' mind. 

Edited by Ubiquitous · Reason: Removed Billie's whiny social media posts from quoted material.

Share this post


Link to post
On ‎11‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 11:24 PM, dosodog said:

I'm reading the article. So far it's great!  

Stassi was on The Amazing Race!?! WHAT!?

Going to Youtube! 

Am I conflating fame whores, or was her family involved with the "balloon boy" incident?

On ‎11‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 9:19 AM, hoodooznoodooz said:

I am having trouble reading this article. When I scroll down to continue reading, it freezes or just blanks. Is it my phone or the website?

My browser (IE11) didn't like it either, but Chrome had no problems. I think all the animated GIFs were the problem.

On ‎2‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 11:03 AM, KLJ said:

Is that their house behind the hedge or is that the next door neighbor's on an adjacent lot?

  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Ubiquitous said:

Is that their house behind the hedge or is that the next door neighbor's on an adjacent lot?

It’s the house. I guess they don’t have issues with power lines!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

You can tell all of them bought homes really close to one another. From the listing pictures we've seen for Jax/Brittany, Katie/Schwartz and Sandoval/Ariana, their homes look very similar. I think they all have white homes and the interior layout, backyard and indoor/outdoor space looks the same in each house. Kristen lives in the same neighbourhood but her house looks quite different and someone mentioned that she bought a fixer upper so that would make sense and a good call for her. All her friends are coupled up and have two VPR incomes to help make their purchase. She's got only one so she either got a sweet deal on that home or she may be carrying a bit of a mortgage on it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/7/2019 at 8:05 AM, Jextella said:

Tom Tom is nothing without Tom and Tom and yet their percentage of ownership is so small that they'll never have the control they were hoping for - nor any more than a pittance of the proceeds.

^^^ Yes. This is what these 2 Elmer DumbFucks should have considered from the inception of Tom Tom. But they were probably hypnotized and mesmerized by the magic of LVP wanting to be business partners with them. That huge mistake is on them. Lisa is a pit viper in business and in real life.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
On ‎4‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 10:17 PM, Marley said:

Oh fuck off Billie. She’s always crying about something and this is just more drama for her to try to get on the show. Ppl don’t like Billie cause she’s a dumb bitch not because she’s trans. Stassi is right about what she said about Billie.

Ditto your sentiment. Wait, I thought Stasi hasn't worked at SUR for several years. What the fuck is Billie blubbering about?

On ‎4‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 6:09 AM, HunterHunted said:

Ugh, Brittany and her family get more eye rollingly stupid. Brittany had a Great Gatsby themed bridal shower in Kentucky. I doubt anyone involved has ever read the book because they'd realize the irony of Brittany having a shower based on a book where a young woman marries a guy because of his money and connections and then he proceeds to treat her terribly and cheat on her. Daisy is Brittany. "But oooooh, their clothes were so fancy and sparkly. Also what's an irony?"

And to remind us who was the original famewhore in that family...

Sherri is a thirst queen.

"So, that's how it is in her family...!"

But seriously, a naked pic of Brittany's mother and a Great Gadsby theme bridal shower? Oy!

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 1
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post
image.png.cd3e29f314d0b1567189929bebd09d3e.png
Quote

The tax man cometh.

Weeks before he is set to walk down the aisle, Vanderpump Rules resident love rat, Jax Taylor, was hit with an $80,000 state tax lien, RadarOnline.com exclusively learned.

The bad boy owes a whopping $80,424 to the State of California, the Los Angeles County Registrar Recorder Clerk of Court confirmed to Radar.

The lien was placed against Taylor, 39, on March 27, according to records confirmed by the clerk.

Despite the money woes, the star has been shelling out big bucks.

On the Vanderpump Rules reunion part two, Andy Cohen congratulated Taylor and his fiancée, Brittany Cartwright, on purchasing their first home just a few blocks from Ariana Madix and Tom Sandoval’s $2.075 million Valley Village home.

Taylor’s over-the-top wedding is also approaching, and Cartwright, 30, had a $15,000 engagement party for the season finale of the show.

She also threw an elaborate Great Gatsby-style shower back in her home state of Kentucky this April after her fiancé was hit with the tax lien.

The jeweler who made Cartwright’s $70,000 engagement ring gushed over Taylor forking out big bucks on the 3.14 carat diamond.

“It features a double diamond halo, representing one for Brittany and one for Jax. Jax certainly spared no expense, choosing a certified white diamond over three carats,” jeweler Kyle Chan told Bravo about the bling.

Taylor is reportedly the highest paid cast member on Vanderpump Rules, pulling in $25,000 per episode, or a stunning $600,000 a season to cheat on his girlfriend and then apologize for it and end up proposing to her.

Days after the tax lien was filed against Taylor for $80,000 he appeared on Watch What Happens Live With Andy Cohen, and the host tried to offer him advice about saving money.

“We’re very smart,” Taylor told Cohen, 50, despite his outstanding tax lien.

“You might want to talk some of the other cast members on this, not me. I’m good. I’m frugal. My dad taught me well,” he continued.

As Radar reported, the fairytale nuptials will be filmed for the Bravo hit’s next season.

Edited by druzy
  • Like 1
  • Laugh 2
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, biakbiak said:

I believe it’s on their side yard.

I have lived in single-family homes in Massachusetts and New Jersey. I have only seen hedges that divide one person’s property from his/her neighbor’s property. I have only read books that reference the use of hedges that way.  Still learning as a middle-aged person!

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/15/2019 at 2:24 PM, biakbiak said:

It’s the house. I guess they don’t have issues with power lines!

That's pretty standard for LA.  A lot of the the time there's an easement at the back of your lot for utilities so they can all go down the center of the block at the edge of everyone's backyards instead of being at the street.  Sometimes there's an alley for them to go down and then the entrance to your garage will be back there too.  The big bitch of it is that if you need something done the repair guy might need access to your neighbor's yard depending on where the pole is and if they are not home or just giant dicks your cable or your phone might not get hooked up.

Edit to add: we are a janky ass city w/o underground utilities in a lot of the city.  I'm pretty sure the fancier areas have gone underground.  Honestly though our infrastructure is weak sauce in a lot of ways. 

Edited by yourmomiseasy
  • Like 4
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/8/2019 at 10:49 AM, HunterHunted said:

LVP and Ken actually cared about the Toms ideas and contributions, Ken would have called Sandoval up to locate the frozen shot machine before he okayed the final bar layout, but it's pretty clear Ken didn't care. It's also clear Ken didn't care enough to explain why he wasn't using it. That's an hour conversation tops.

I seriously doubt Ken even has his own opinion on anything. His opinion is whatever Lisa's opinion is at the time for whatever the subject might be. Ken just needs to continue napping and keep his nose out of the entire Bravo cast of players.  I like Ken but he has been getting more feeble minded lately. 

And I wish the 2 Toms' much luck in the future. I like both of them.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, chenoa333 said:

I seriously doubt Ken even has his own opinion on anything. His opinion is whatever Lisa's opinion is at the time for whatever the subject might be. Ken just needs to continue napping and keep his nose out of the entire Bravo cast of players.  I like Ken but he has been getting more feeble minded lately. 

And I wish the 2 Toms' much luck in the future. I like both of them.

I think even by their own telling, Lisa handles the decor and Ken handles the logistics of the business (license, permits, construction, structural issues, and layout). I assume they share decision-making for food and drinks. It makes sense to a certain extent because they met because Lisa was a hostess at one of Ken's bars. I wouldn't be at all surprised to learn that Lisa had no clue how to layout a bar, for ex. how many drains are needed, taps, speed rails, and what have you, because that's all stuff guests never see.

I think the tip off for me was last season when they had to move her Beverly Hills magazine party from SUR to a gallery space because of the fire at SUR. LVP told them to bring their own bar equipment, but Sandoval and Ariana realized that the space was wholly inadequate for operating like a typical bar. So they had to scramble on their own to set up a system that worked. They kept chilled wines in the space that she thought was fine for the whole bar and had waitresses pour for the guests. Sandoval and Ariana batched cocktails outside. LVP either never noticed that the space would be inadequate or never said anything to her bartenders. That didn't give me much faith in her actual understanding of that part of the business.

  • Like 2
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×