Type keyword(s) to search

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

🟡 Yellow Light: Community Check-In This sub-forum is currently under a Yellow Light status. While we celebrate the vibrant discussions happening here, there is room for improvement to meet our community standards for respectful and inclusive dialogue. Here's our focus:

- Improvement Period: We have until 4/6/24 to elevate the quality of our conversations. Without this improvement, the Topic (and potentially forum) will be audited at a deeper level, red lit, and potentially scheduled to close. 

- Guidance: Let’s highlight what’s working and improve on what’s not. Constructive, respectful dialogue that values all voices is our goal. Please use the tags in this document to demonstrate the changes happening of more intentional community conversations.  

-Assistance: Unsure about how to contribute in a healthy way? Check out our DEI Resources for tips and best practices. Use tags: #RespectfulDebate, #kindness, #globalcitizenship to highlight areas you are seeing improvement in the overall culture of this Forum!

- Your Contribution: Your voice matters. Help us steer these discussions back on track and aim for a Green Light. Together, we can ensure this forum is a welcoming space for all. Your insights and respectful participation are key to our success!

• Start Topic

On 4/2/2019 at 7:36 AM, Mindthinkr said:

She sure did. I tried to zoom my eyes in on her ring finger to see if they married and began a family. I couldn’t see it well enough. 

I think beau's jacket is mixing with her dress and making her look pregnant.  I thought the same thing when I saw it!  But via their instagram stories she definitely is not pregnant! hahaha.  What an unfortunate photo!

• Love 2

I am sorry but expecting to see any return on investment into a restaurant/bar that you only have an individual interest of 5% when it hasn’t been open a year and took about two plus years of planning/renovating makes you look like a fucking moron and I have absolutely no sympathy.

Also, the time they needed to take up any issues you have with the language in the fucking contract is before you sign it.  

• Love 18
20 hours ago, yourmomiseasy said:

https://realityblurb.com/2019/04/11/vanderpump-rules-ariana-madix-reveals-tom-sandoval-salary-from-tomtom-bar-discusses-issues-with-lisa-vanderpump/

Nothing shocking, but kind of interesting.  FI still bartends as SUR because he gets tips there and hasn't made anything off of TomTom and Ariana doesn't like that it was so hard to get a contract in place.

Both Ariana and the way this article is written just reads as unintelligent.

I totally understand the Toms wanting a contract in place to secure their investment in the restaurant but I also understand why the investors (including LVP) wouldn't be pushing for that idea. Not because they intended to rip them off but because for the money they were investing, is really worth the time and legal costs to draw up a contract for money you didn't actually need, for two people who may be useful but still replaceable? So I can understand the other side without judging them for it but I totally agree with the Toms for pushing for the contract.

Also, she used the example of LVP having a contract with Caesars...ummm, did the Toms copyright their names or TomTom? The restaurant could be named after any Tom. (and their picture can simply be removed from the decor) They aren't a brand and therefore comparing the situation to one where a contract is being made between on party trying to use the name and brand of another established party is a whole other beast.

Why is it concerning to the writer that they haven't seen money yet from the restaurant...even after acknowledging that it's been less than a year and is normal? Tom being fired was for the effect of the show. Tom is not an employee of TomTom and with a genuine love for bartending, it makes sense why he would be back at Sur doing something he loves while the restaurant kind of runs on its own.

• Love 7
On 4/13/2019 at 9:00 PM, biakbiak said:

I am sorry but expecting to see any return on investment into a restaurant/bar that you only have an individual interest of 5% when it hasn’t been open a year and took about two plus years of planning/renovating makes you look like a fucking moron and I have absolutely no sympathy.

Also, the time they needed to take up any issues you have with the language in the fucking contract is before you sign it.  

Tom and Ariana suffer from the “I have worked behind the bar for so long I could run this place so much better” syndrome. In my experience, the “I would do it this way if I ran the place”  crowd fails miserably whenever they start their own places. They THINK they have it all figured out but soon realize it’s 7 days a week and a lot of hard work and money and a million little things they didn’t know enough to even ask about that have nothing to do with chickpea juice. Sandoval’s stupid stunt with the motorcycle and side car told me all I need to know about how he approaches the business. It’s another outfit for him. It’s a look. I am not LVP’s biggest fan but she was more patient with them than I would have been. 

I am not a lawyer nor the restaurant investment expert that Tom and Ariana are also not, but I have to assume the suuuuuper late check cashing was a legal thing? I’d have no idea why. Part of me thinks they were told those checks wouldn’t be cashed - because even Schwartz isn’t dumb enough to close an account when there’s that big of a check out there? Or maybe he is, lol? Maybe LVP told them she’d need fresh checks then deposited their old ones anyway just to show some of that famous British humor of hers, heh. (I actually like LVP but I see her, lol.)

Edited by Stiggs
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Stiggs said:

I am not a lawyer nor the restaurant investment expert that Tom and Ariana are also not, but I have to assume the suuuuuper late check cashing was a legal thing? I’d have no idea why. Part of me thinks they were told those checks wouldn’t be cashed - because even Schwartz isn’t dumb enough to close an account when there’s that big of a check out there? Or maybe he is, lol? Maybe LVP told them she’d need fresh checks then deposited their old ones anyway just to show some of that famous British humor of hers, heh. (I actually like LVP but I see her, lol.)

I think the checks weren't cashed until the 11th hour because there is no contract relationship until consideration is given (something of value). I think there's a solid argument that LVP can't use that defensively because they gave her the money, but she refused to take it. The fact that she hadn't cashed the checks came up during the season 6 reunion and most of the cast was pretty pissed with LVP. The Toms expected the checks to be cashed. I think at a certain point, Schwartz kind of forgot about the check and the account because LVP had the checks for more than a year before she ever tried depositing them.

• Love 4
On 4/2/2019 at 11:29 AM, ivygirl said:

MyMan looks SUPER dapper. 😒

Jeez, everyone made some attempt to dress up a little (even what Jax wore was acceptable) and considering MyMan's worth so much $$ ya think he could wear something a little nicer.

• Love 3

Watching the Sheana's wedding season of VPR and as much as I loath some aspects of this season, it has served to remind me what steaming stacks of shit jax and kristin are. I am glad for that as I had recently felt that I had been a bit harsh on them recently...but....nah...they deserve every slam they get. And Stassi - but I've felt that way about her since Season 1 and she's shown me no reason to believe otherwise.

• Love 3
22 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

I think at a certain point, Schwartz kind of forgot about the check and the account because LVP had the checks for more than a year before she ever tried depositing them.

But we saw her say to them that she was going to cash their checks now before she did it. Also, it was 50k if neither noticed that it hadn’t been cashed that’s on them.

• Love 1
16 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Don’t most checks say “not valid after 90 days”?

Or at least a bank teller would look at the handwritten date and reject it. 

I've cashed cheques several months after issuance, though those were government cheques. But I think it should be fine so long as it's not before the date issued on the cheque and there are sufficient funds to complete the transaction.

• Love 1

Oh fuck off Billie. She’s always crying about something and this is just more drama for her to try to get on the show. Ppl don’t like Billie cause she’s a dumb bitch not because she’s trans. Stassi is right about what she said about Billie.

• Love 22
20 hours ago, Marley said:

Oh fuck off Billie. She’s always crying about something and this is just more drama for her to try to get on the show. Ppl don’t like Billie cause she’s a dumb bitch not because she’s trans. Stassi is right about what she said about Billie.

1. Billie is on the show, but not in the main cast. She is being compensated for appearance.

2. Honestly, I read Stassi's interview first and Stassi was being a bitch and instigated this latest round.

3. Stassi is a bigot: #NaziChic, Black people are always complaining, and #MeToo women are just looking for publicity.

Stassi said all of the things in point 3 iin her late 20s. She's too fucking old to get away with ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ and I didn't know.  Furthermore, she's lived the majority of her life in two very diverse cities New Orleans and Los Angeles. Raquel is an idiot because she doesn't know who Charles Manson is, but Stassi was unaware that saying she looked Nazi Chic might be offensive. This is grade A bullshit! Stassi is a bigot. And maybe Billie overreacted, but that doesn't mean she's completely ridiculous for bringing up that privilege can manifest in the exact way that Girls' Night played out.

• Love 9

Ugh, Brittany and her family get more eye rollingly stupid. Brittany had a Great Gatsby themed bridal shower in Kentucky. I doubt anyone involved has ever read the book because they'd realize the irony of Brittany having a shower based on a book where a young woman marries a guy because of his money and connections and then he proceeds to treat her terribly and cheat on her. Daisy is Brittany. "But oooooh, their clothes were so fancy and sparkly. Also what's an irony?"

And to remind us who was the original famewhore in that family...

Sherri is a thirst queen.

• LOL 5
  • Love 9

Wtf kind of gift is that to give your daughter? Such an annoying family. I rather not see her family on the show again but I’m sure they will be on lots with all the wedding crap.

• Love 13
12 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Ugh, Brittany and her family get more eye rollingly stupid. Brittany had a Great Gatsby themed bridal shower in Kentucky. I doubt anyone involved has ever read the book because they'd realize the irony of Brittany having a shower based on a book where a young woman marries a guy because of his money and connections and then he proceeds to treat her terribly and cheat on her. Daisy is Brittany. "But oooooh, their clothes were so fancy and sparkly. Also what's an irony?"

And to remind us who was the original famewhore in that family...

Sherri is a thirst queen.

Love the WTF look on Cara’s face.

(That is Cara, right?)

Edited by ivygirl
  • Love 2

I was a server when I was more “youthful” and I would be quite surprised if she has enough personality. Rolls eyes yet again.

Edited by AntAnn
Raquel...do I need more!
  • Love 7
4 minutes ago, AntAnn said:

I was a server when I was more “youthful” and I would be quite surprised if she hads enough personality. Rolls eyes yet again.

She also takes so long to complete a thought I might fall asleep in the middle of her asking for my drink order.

• LOL 7
  • Love 8

This is obviously for show purposes. If LVP was going to hire Racquel for anything, it would make much more sense to hire her at Vanderpump Dogs where she has a genuine interest in dogs and I think it's been mentioned that she's volunteered there as well.

I see this as production's way of letting the cast know that James isn't going anywhere. Racquel working at Sur gives more reason for James to be around though they'll have to rely on him to actually engage with the group because other than Sandoval and Ariana and maybe Scheana (when the others aren't around) none of the group will likely approach him. I foresee a lot of James showing up when his girlfriend is on the clock and the group of them huddled around talking about him being there to which he walks over and tries to have a conversation. Depending on whether he's sober that day or not will help shape the way the conversation is going to go.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
13 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

This is obviously for show purposes. If LVP was going to hire Racquel for anything, it would make much more sense to hire her at Vanderpump Dogs where she has a genuine interest in dogs and I think it's been mentioned that she's volunteered there as well.

I see this as production's way of letting the cast know that James isn't going anywhere. Racquel working at Sur gives more reason for James to be around though they'll have to rely on him to actually engage with the group because other than Sandoval and Ariana and maybe Scheana (when the others aren't around) none of the group will likely approach him. I foresee a lot of James showing up when his girlfriend is on the clock and the group of them huddled around talking about him being there to which he walks over and tries to have a conversation. Depending on whether he's sober that day or not will help shape the way the conversation is going to go.

As you said, Raquel has been "volunteering" at Vanderpump Dogs since last season. She was in the background for the entire Lucy Lucy Apple Juicy takedown/reveal.

But this is absolutely a warning shot to the existing cast that they can't shadow produce by excluding the other cast or dropping fucked up gossip and straight up lies to blogs like the James cocaine video or implying that James was a homophobe because he punched Logan after Logan said the two of them have hooked up.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 4/25/2019 at 7:17 PM, biakbiak said:

So between the bridal shower and Raquel “working” at SUR does this mean that they started filming early this season? 

She’s working at Billie’s Brunch this Sunday, and the “flyer” for this installment says they’ll be filming, so I wouldn’t be surprised. 

I also wouldn’t put it past Billie to say they’d be filming and just have someone there with an iPhone...

• LOL 10
  • Love 1

Is Raquel smart enough to be a server?  No shade- this is an actual question.

Also, I need a barf reaction option for the shit about Brit's mom giving her a naked picture.  Sad is the closest available, but it doesn't convey my true feelings.  I hope my mom never gives me n00ds.

• LOL 6
  • Love 7

I just watched video of everyones looks for this year's reunion.  Bad news is Raquel will be there; good news is her dress is good for endless snarking.  The dress would be great without the god awful ruffles on the sleeves.  Can't wait to read everyone's comments.  Oh, and she is referenced as a "model?" Was that ever mentioned?  

Everyone actually looks pretty good, except Katie.  She needs a stylist stat.  I dont think I have ever seen her look good, wedding day included.  

Edited by Cupcake04
  • LOL 2
On 4/26/2019 at 9:16 AM, hoodooznoodooz said:

They are going to have to assign someone to shadow her every single shift to compensate for her confusion.

Seriously!  The scary part is didnt she graduate from college last season?  I keep waiting to hear that her parents are part of the whole college entrance scandal.  Thats gotta be how she got in....I don't believe for a second she did it on her own.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1

Mmmph.

So now that she's got a Pump gig does this mean all of next season will consist of her breaking up with James?

Or will she still need to be his girlfriend to stay on tv?

confused mark wahlberg GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, yourmomiseasy said:

Sonoma State isn't Harvard.  Maybe things have changed, but back when I was in school Cal States were for the kids that didn't have the GPAs for the UC system.

Ah, ok thanks.  I didn't know that.  SUNY schools where I am are not like that.

3 hours ago, Cupcake04 said:

Seriously!  The scary part is didnt she graduate from college last season?  I keep waiting to hear that her parents are part of the whole college entrance scandal.  Thats gotta be how she got in....I don't believe for a second she did it on her own.

2 hours ago, yourmomiseasy said:

Sonoma State isn't Harvard.  Maybe things have changed, but back when I was in school Cal States were for the kids that didn't have the GPAs for the UC system.

So few of these folks have attended and graduated college. Is graduating from college dispositive proof that someone is smart or isn't easily confused? No, but it is an achievement that demonstrates that the individual can stick with a task and complete it. For the most part, the SURvers went to just ok colleges. The college grads are:

• Stassi--Loyola Marymount University in Los Angeles
  • Scheana--Azusa Pacific University
  • Ariana--Flagler College in Florida.
  • Raquel--Sonoma State
  • Peter--University of Southern California.

Brittany (Eastern Kentucky University) and Schwartz (Florida State University) completed a significant number of courses, but I'm not sure if either graduated.

Jax alleges that he attended Michigan State for a semester, but that's almost certainly another lie.

• Useful 4

I’m forever amazed that Scheana went to Azusa Pacific. I get that it’s in Azusa (where she’s from) and that maybe she got a scholarship... but it’s a pretty conservative evangelical Christian school, and that just doesn’t seem very... Scheana. And she studied Broadcast Journalism. That part’s not surprising. Maybe it’s where she could get in.

Anyway, I understand that she went there—perhaps because: reasons—but it’s still a little funny that she went there.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
On 4/28/2019 at 12:06 PM, Cupcake04 said:

I just watched video of everyones looks for this year's reunion.  Bad news is Raquel will be there; good news is her dress is good for endless snarking.  The dress would be great without the god awful ruffles on the sleeves.  Can't wait to read everyone's comments.  Oh, and she is referenced as a "model?" Was that ever mentioned?  

Everyone actually looks pretty good, except Katie.  She needs a stylist stat.  I dont think I have ever seen her look good, wedding day included.  

Raquel’s dress is terrible. I don’t even think Liberace would have worn it.

Weird color choices. Mustardy gold tuxedo jacket. Kelly green cocktail dress. Baby blue plaid. Coral cocktail dress. Too much cleavage, as usual. 

I kind of like Sandoval’s look. I’d have to see the skulls up close.

It looked like Brittany had two patches of platinum blonde hair. 

eta: The colors look so different on my TV vs. my phone!

James is wearing a lavender tuxedo jacket, not gold.

Ariana is wearing yellow, not coral.

eta: The reunion looks so funny. One of the crew guys says, “We’re just waiting on Sandoval’s hair.”

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
1 hour ago, Juliegirlj said:

It looks like Katie and Tom bought a new house in Ariana and Sandoval’s neighborhood, and so did Brittany and Jax. Kristin bought a fixer upper too. 

Congrats to them and all, but while I never plan to quit watching this show, I could change my mind in a New York minute if they start focusing on home renovations/interior decorating. 

• Love 2