Type keyword(s) to search

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

🟡 Yellow Light: Community Check-In This sub-forum is currently under a Yellow Light status. While we celebrate the vibrant discussions happening here, there is room for improvement to meet our community standards for respectful and inclusive dialogue. Here's our focus:

- Improvement Period: We have until 4/6/24 to elevate the quality of our conversations. Without this improvement, the Topic (and potentially forum) will be audited at a deeper level, red lit, and potentially scheduled to close. 

- Guidance: Let’s highlight what’s working and improve on what’s not. Constructive, respectful dialogue that values all voices is our goal. Please use the tags in this document to demonstrate the changes happening of more intentional community conversations.  

-Assistance: Unsure about how to contribute in a healthy way? Check out our DEI Resources for tips and best practices. Use tags: #RespectfulDebate, #kindness, #globalcitizenship to highlight areas you are seeing improvement in the overall culture of this Forum!

- Your Contribution: Your voice matters. Help us steer these discussions back on track and aim for a Green Light. Together, we can ensure this forum is a welcoming space for all. Your insights and respectful participation are key to our success!

• Start Topic

On 2/23/2019 at 8:39 PM, HunterHunted said:

This house is going to be ridiculously period specific in a couple of years. Besides the shiplap (which is a huge marker of this time period), there is the use of encaustic tile outside of a Victorian or traditionally styled home, vertical subway tile, and the use of hex tile on the wall. These are the markers for a house from this period too.

I my childhood homes were a Victorian town house from the 1890s and a Cape Cod from 1915.

I know one person who has a wall in their house that they put paneling on that looks good.  It's sort of a shiplap style, but it's a more of a reclaimed wood sort of look.  And it's an accent wall in a small hallway off of the living room, so it just kind of gives a bit of visual interest, but it's not like, hey look! this is all shiplapped, we're in a farmhouse! It's almost more of a similar effect that you'd get when you have a fireplace and there's stone around it.  That's really the only way I've seen it done that I've liked it.

The tiles also struck me as really specific.  

The whole farmhouse style seems more of a Brittany thing than Sandoval and Ariana, to me.  I'm trying to picture how they will decorate it and live in it and I can't see it.  Brittany? I can totally see, she'll have all sorts of signs and weathered shit all over the place in no time.

• Love 6

I like Tom and Ariana’s house- although people are commenting on all the high tension power lines and a busy road nearby. 

I think Ariana’s not wanting kids was a storyline setup. They purchased a “family” home. No doubt Tom will “ convince” her to have a kid. 

Enough fake storylines- they should have focused on Ariana being diagnosed and treated for Malignant Melanoma- all these sun worshipping cast members should take notice too. 

• Love 1

My brother and SIL bought a big house because they loved it and they don't plan on having kids.

Regarding a place being dated, I'd just love to have a place to call my own. As long as it's clean, paint it orange, throw down a shag rug, and put up some wood paneling -- I don't care! I'd just be grateful to have one. 

Edited by Judi Sunshine
  • Love 13

Of all the amusingly surreal things, according to their Instagram stories, a bunch of cast members(Jax/Brittany, Stassi/Beau, Katie/Tom, Kristen/LaLa) and their buddies are here in my city of Nashville! Apparently it’s Kristen’s birthday and they’re all helping her celebrate down here(apparently Brittany has always been a regular visitor here)—-even more amusing is the fact that one of my old friends who is the concierge for the hotel they’re staying at actually got a shout-out in Kristen’s story; I’m guessing he somehow got the hotel to comp them their lovely presidential suite/s. I’d message him to giggle about it and go say hi, but I don’t care enough about the cast to actually go down and meet any of them(all bets would be off for the “Southern Charm” cast though; I’d be fangirling myself silly over that bunch!)

It’s been a hoot watching them honkeytonking and doing the typical Nashville tourist stuff though. Curiously enough, LaLa actually flew COACH(gasp!) with them, so it makes me wonder if all is well with her and Ran. Kristen is also alone, so now I’m wondering if she and her fella are okay too.

• Love 12
11 hours ago, Sun-Bun said:

Curiously enough, LaLa actually flew COACH(gasp!) with them, so it makes me wonder if all is well with her and Ran. Kristen is also alone, so now I’m wondering if she and her fella are okay too.

Maybe the two of them are just enjoying a vacation snack together. Lala has snacked with Ariana and Kristen has been known to enjoy a Kentucky muffin. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Randall finally made it down here, yes! And he’s riding one of those stupidassed scooters around that everyone here hates. And he’s offering up some super-duper gross PDA with LaLa in various honkeytonks. Guess LaLa was bluffin’ with her muffin and is continuing to close that deal. 

And @Marley, you’re so right; Jax somehow always comes off like the asshat that we all know he is! I wonder if anyone has recognized the cast around here yet? We Nashville residents are typically pretty chill about approaching celebs/giving them their space(various country stars and even the likes of Nicole Kidman shop in my usual grocery here and it’s understood that you respect their space), but these chucklefucks are hanging out in some pretty touristy joints here. I’ve heard Jax can often be rather rude/dismissive to any viewers/fans who approach him. He reeks of douchedom, so that’s not surprising.

• Love 5
On 2/25/2019 at 11:39 AM, Juliegirlj said:

I like Tom and Ariana’s house- although people are commenting on all the high tension power lines and a busy road nearby. 

I think Ariana’s not wanting kids was a storyline setup. They purchased a “family” home. No doubt Tom will “ convince” her to have a kid. 

Enough fake storylines- they should have focused on Ariana being diagnosed and treated for Malignant Melanoma- all these sun worshipping cast members should take notice too. 

I like the house a lot. Tons of windows and light. And it looks like Tom gets a bar room in which to concoct his drinks. That stove is to bloody die for, but I wonder if it comes with the house. When my friend and her husband sold their house, their fancy stove was not part of the sale. 

Another thing for Jax to be jealous of. Can he actually afford any house? 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, politichick said:

for, but I wonder if it comes with the house. When my friend and her husband sold their house, their fancy stove was not part of the sale. 

I believe they are the first owners so the stove comes with, it’s fairly standard for that type of house.

Thanks to following Beau on Instagram this week, I’ve also just learned that his aunt is a longtime family acquaintance of mine. She’s every bit as wacky and fun as he seems to be, so no wonder I’ve always liked the dude! 

• Love 8

There's an interview/profile of Jax in Vulture. It's about Jax and it asks the question of whether Jax has changed.

https://www.vulture.com/2019/03/vanderpump-rules-jax-taylor-profile.html

He has not. The piece includes a lie he'd told his friends/castmates that he'd had a lunch meeting with Andy and Andy thought Jax was a star. The piece contained Jax' lies about playing college hockey, being a Navy Seal, and being roommates with Channing Tatum. There was also his lie about finding a college ID in LA, rushing a frat, and being a fake member of Sigma Nu and living in the frat house for 6 months.

• Love 2

Jax was in the Navy? What a bunch of bs.

He definitely hasn’t changed he’s just fooling everyone for longer. His father dying probably is making it easier for him to fake this change longer. That sounds harsh but the guy is just a total douche. He also seems like he’s starting to buy his own hype and really thinks he’s something amazing.

• Love 2
20 hours ago, Marley said:

He definitely hasn’t changed he’s just fooling everyone for longer. His father dying probably is making it easier for him to fake this change longer. That sounds harsh but the guy is just a total douche. He also seems like he’s starting to buy his own hype and really thinks he’s something amazing.

Someone on Reddit called out all of the contradictions in Jax' Navy story. The first point being that Jax who was allegedly in the Navy for 4 years almost drowned at Robb's cabin. He said he was stationed on an aircraft carrier, but used the wrong terminology like entirely wrong for his alleged job in the Navy (like a rank for a different branch of the military). He talked about his one deployment as a seaman was to the landlocked Republic of Kosovo.

He's only recently started backing away from his lie about playing hockey at Michigan State. There's nothing remotely believable out of his mouth.

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

He's only recently started backing away from his lie about playing hockey at Michigan State. There's nothing remotely believable out of his mouth.

But what about the social media position for a hockey team?!? Surely that’s true! I mean of course it wasn’t which is what annoys me about all of his lies and people believing them, he is a horrible horrible liar!

• Love 6
On 3/5/2019 at 11:54 PM, Marley said:

Well he did like to sing the old Village People song.

Plus he shopped at Old Navy a lot.

That has to count for something.

• LOL 9
  • Love 2
On 2/28/2019 at 10:58 AM, Sun-Bun said:

Randall finally made it down here, yes! And he’s riding one of those stupidassed scooters around that everyone here hates. And he’s offering up some super-duper gross PDA with LaLa in various honkeytonks. Guess LaLa was bluffin’ with her muffin and is continuing to close that deal. 

And @Marley, you’re so right; Jax somehow always comes off like the asshat that we all know he is! I wonder if anyone has recognized the cast around here yet? We Nashville residents are typically pretty chill about approaching celebs/giving them their space(various country stars and even the likes of Nicole Kidman shop in my usual grocery here and it’s understood that you respect their space), but these chucklefucks are hanging out in some pretty touristy joints here. I’ve heard Jax can often be rather rude/dismissive to any viewers/fans who approach him. He reeks of douchedom, so that’s not surprising.

On her podcast last week Stassi said it was overwhelming how many people came up to them and that there was a line to get pictures with them and it was just crazy.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

A Facebook page I follow is saying that Jax wasn't in the Navy, but a Naval Academy. I'm not real sure what the difference is, and I'm trying to find the post, but haven't come back across it yet. 

2 hours ago, SarahC said:

A Facebook page I follow is saying that Jax wasn't in the Navy, but a Naval Academy. I'm not real sure what the difference is, and I'm trying to find the post, but haven't come back across it yet. 

There's no way he was in the Naval Academy... but for clarity, the Naval Academy is basically a University and the Navy is the Navy. 

I'm just saying I can't see Jax being admitted to the Academy. It's hard to get in. Their acceptance rate is 8% and you have to have a nomination from a member of congress or some equivalent. You do 4 years there as an officer in training and then you serve usually, in the Navy, but occasionally other branches of the US Military, after graduation as commissioned officer. Tuition is paid by the Navy and you repay them with your service upon graduation.

And that picture of Jax (or Jason lol) up there? That's not a plebe uniform (freshman at the academy) or a regular academy uniform. It looks like all the boot camp graduation pictures I've seen. 

ETA. Gah, I can't believe I'm continuing to defend Jax but also the Navy most certainly saw action in 1999 in Kosovo. Just because a country is land locked doesn't mean the Navy doesn't get involved. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
18 minutes ago, Lisin said:

ETA. Gah, I can't believe I'm continuing to defend Jax but also the Navy most certainly saw action in 1999 in Kosovo. Just because a country is land locked doesn't mean the Navy doesn't get involved. 

I can vouch for this. My brother is a SEAL and was in Kosovo at that time. 

But to stay on topic, Jax is still a douche. Lol.

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
53 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Jesus he can’t even write a coherent IG post clarifying his own bio but sure he was offered a social media position for a hockey team!

I've seen this Instagram post go through 3 or 4 different edits in the last 24 hours. This is the coherent version. The original was an abomination and it even read as too literate to truly be just Jax penning it. I have to assume Brittany helped him edit what we've seen. 

There's no way Jax was in the Naval Academy. You have to be actually competitive on the level of the best schools to get into the Naval Academy. There's a profile of Jax from a couple of years ago that says something along the lines of Jax went to Michigan State because that's what you do if you don't if you don't get into the University of Michigan. No. Just no. University of Michigan is really one of the best universities in the country. Jax was never ever going to be a candidate for that school. MSU is a stretch school for him even if he played hockey. It's a D1 school. 

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

I've seen this Instagram post go through 3 or 4 different edits in the last 24 hours. This is the coherent version. The original was an abomination and it even read as too literate to truly be just Jax penning it. I have to assume Brittany helped him edit what we've seen. 

There's no way Jax was in the Naval Academy. You have to be actually competitive on the level of the best schools to get into the Naval Academy. There's a profile of Jax from a couple of years ago that says something along the lines of Jax went to Michigan State because that's what you do if you don't if you don't get into the University of Michigan. No. Just no. University of Michigan is really one of the best universities in the country. Jax was never ever going to be a candidate for that school. MSU is a stretch school for him even if he played hockey. It's a D1 school. 

Was it easier to get into Michigan State back then and did it have different easier requirements for in-state students?  Back in the 90s I know the UCs were super easy for California residents to get into.  There was a rubric for guaranteed admission.  

• Useful 1
14 minutes ago, yourmomiseasy said:

Was it easier to get into Michigan State back then and did it have different easier requirements for in-state students?  Back in the 90s I know the UCs were super easy for California residents to get into.  There was a rubric for guaranteed admission.  

Considering that Jax is closer to my age than I'd like to admit, Michigan State's admission requirements in the late 80/early 90s were a 3.5+ GPA and 25+ ACT (midwest kids generally took the ACT vs SAT back then).  I had friends with 3.3 and 26/27 ACT that were wait listed. Sorry, but I don't see Jax with that kind of high academic record.

University of Michigan's admission requirements have always been a bit higher, which accounts for all the arrogant lack-of-personality doucheheads it turns out.  If you've met one, you know what I'm saying.  Although both  universities are crazy hard to get into these days, as they attract a lot of international students ($).

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

Thanks everyone that clarified for me. I couldn't find the post with the comments that said it was Naval Academy.  But,  for what it's worth, people there think Lala wasnt out of line, so that says alot right there.  

Edited by SarahC
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, snarts said:

Considering that Jax is closer to my age than I'd like to admit, Michigan State's admission requirements in the late 80/early 90s were a 3.5+ GPA and 25+ ACT (midwest kids generally took the ACT vs SAT back then).  I had friends with 3.3 and 26/27 ACT that were wait listed. Sorry, but I don't see Jax with that kind of high academic record.

University of Michigan's admission requirements have always been a bit higher, which accounts for all the arrogant lack-of-personality doucheheads it turns out.  If you've met one, you know what I'm saying.  Although both  universities are crazy hard to get into these days, as they attract a lot of international students ($).

Going by his stated age, he would have graduated high school in 1997.  Someone posted before that they were in the same class as him and I think it was when he was pretending to be younger, but it did put his age at 40-ish now.  I am Jax years old-ish, so I was probably applying around the same time as him.  It sounds like Michigan State was harder to get into than the UC system back then.  I can't remember the exact details because I'm old and the UCs were just a back-up for me and I had really good test scores and grades so I wasn't concerned, I just remember laughing at how low the standards were for in-state kids.  It was a scale so if your SAT was high your grades could be low or vice versa, so I think if you had ~1400 you could in theory dip below a 3.0 and if you had a 4.0 your SAT could be down around 1000, not that either scenario is super likely.  You wouldn't necessarily get into the campus you wanted with the guaranteed entry though, like you could have wanted Berkeley and only gotten Riverside.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 3/20/2019 at 12:09 AM, yourmomiseasy said:

It was a scale so if your SAT was high your grades could be low or vice versa, so I think if you had ~1400 you could in theory dip below a 3.0 and if you had a 4.0 your SAT could be down around 1000, not that either scenario is super likely.   

It is if you’re Zack Morris!

(this plotline always drove me batty)

D81662C1-7AD9-4E78-9512-4F1D7B1A514B.jpeg

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, MrsWitter said:

It is if you’re Zack Morris!

(this plotline always drove me batty)

D81662C1-7AD9-4E78-9512-4F1D7B1A514B.jpeg

or Summer Roberts!!!  remember?  she practically flunked out of high school & then went to Brown!!

• LOL 3
1 hour ago, teapot said:

or Summer Roberts!!!  remember?  she practically flunked out of high school & then went to Brown!!

But Summer also has a GREAT interview, remember? All she had to do was tell the story of Miuccia Prada and the interviewer falls at her feet! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, biakbiak said:

God Jax is stupid as fuck to push this! I don’t know much about the military but isn’t being discharged after 6 months unusual?

It’s a bit strange but I will say that come deployment time there does seem to be more discharges than normal.  I think part of it is that a lot of different testing (medical related) start happening to find out if people are deployable or not.  If they find some condition that makes you non-deployable then you’re out.  My husband’s old LT had this happen to him. He was sent to training and some testing came back and they decided he was non-deployable so he was discharged.  It’s possible something similar happened to Jax or he could’ve somehow injured himself in some way that made him non-deployable.  

1 minute ago, Peper81 said:

possible something similar happened to Jax or he could’ve somehow injured himself in some way that made him non-deployable

Well he was deployed for 37 days. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Peper81 said:

Correct.  He could’ve hurt himself on his deployment that then made it so he could no longer be deployed.

If that was the case I don’t believe he would lie about his service. 

On 3/19/2019 at 6:57 PM, snarts said:

As a graduate of Michigan State (from the early 2000's), I really appreciate your second paragraph. Sparty on.

• Love 2
On 3/19/2019 at 5:57 PM, snarts said:

2 hours ago, Misslindsey said:

As a graduate of Michigan State (from the early 2000's), I really appreciate your second paragraph. Sparty on.

Jax alleged that he played hockey at MSU. If true, his scores and grades could have been far lower than the rest of the student body. However much like the rest of Jax' lies, they only make sense if you don't know anything about how the world works. What caused him to leave MSU?  Was he injured? Why wouldn't they redshirt him? The ice hockey season starts in October and ends in the spring. Were his grades that bad? They give athletes huge passes on grades so it's doubtful that they bounced him for bad grades in the middle of the hockey season. Did he commit a crime? We also know that schools give athletes a pass for that too. After leaving MSU where he was playing hockey, why would he go to community college instead of trying to play hockey with a minor league team. He was in a part of the country that can sustain minor league hockey teams. If he was any good, he a minor league team would have been interested. None of it makes a lick of sense unless you come to the conclusion that all of this is LIES.

And it's the same thing with his time in the Navy. He decided to be incensed that someone would impugn his character by claiming he didn't serve. He did, but completely lied about the length of his service. When the story came to light, people kept asking what his job was and his discharge date because those are things he should be able to tell people. But nothing. And of course the details would come out. Six months. 

• Love 3

Oh, @HunterHunted, how I admire your diligence in deconstructing the many lies of Jax Taylor. I think most people on this board give much more thought to analyzing his lies than he does to crafting them. After reading that Vulture profile of him, I am convinced he lies like most people breathe and he’s onto the next lie before you can even dissect the one he just told you. 

I’m pretty sure someone else already posted it, but in case anyone missed it, here’s the link:

https://www.vulture.com/2019/03/vanderpump-rules-jax-taylor-profile.html

There are a lot of crazy stories in that article, but one of my favorite quotes came from a VPR showrunner: “I guess I no longer know what it looks like when a person is lying to me.”

P.S.- According to the Vulture profile, he did not play hockey at Michigan State.

Edited by MrsWitter
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, biakbiak said:

If that was the case I don’t believe he would lie about his service. 

Depends on how he hurt himself or what they found.  Nothing surprises me with Jax. It’s not like you can just quit because you want to once the contract has been signed.

Jax is now giving interviews where he says he doesn't really hate James, which is bullshit. He just realizes how badly they played this whole season.

https://realityblurb.com/2019/03/23/exclusive-jax-taylor-reveals-he-bought-a-house-with-brittany-cartwright-plus-find-out-why-hes-upset-with-tom-sandoval-as-he-addresses-military-rumors-and-where-he-stands-with-james/

I saw on Reddit that terrible things that James has done that the cast has been hinting about is when James punched Logan in the face when Logan told people they were hooking up. The cast has been trying to suggest that he's homophobic, which is fucking rich coming from Brittany's camp. I'm not big on the violence. But if Logan truly did lie about hooking up with James, then he shouldn't have been surprised by an extreme response from James. Congrats you're both assholes and you're both wrong. For example when those fuckwits began claiming Kristen and James hooked up in the hot tub, both Kristen and James barely held it together. And every single last time they've rightly accused Jax of cheating he's flipped out and gone ballistic and on some occasions gotten into physical fights.

These fucking people.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

IMO, Logan deserves a punch even if he's not lying - it's pretty scummy to essentially announce to the world that you're fooling around with your straight-identified best friend. Logan gladly hooked up with James on the DL and then basically brought it to the cameras. Again, they were best friends. It's not like they had had a falling out, James had not fired the first shot. I would feel betrayed if I were James. Which is not to say James is a victim per se - as he should not be cheating on Raquel - but neither is Logan.

• Love 6

Just saw Stassi’s IG story... not sure if this is a spoiler but...

Spoiler

It was she, Beau, and Andy. Apparently on set at the reunion. Not anything beside that, but I guess it’s that time of year!

Edited by ivygirl
  • Love 3
(edited)
7 hours ago, biakbiak said:

I am shocked Kristen was invited.

Ariana’s shoes are too big for her. 

Stassi looks pregnant.

The women are dressed to the nines. The guys are wearing sneakers. 

Love Schwartz’s plaid suit. 

Lala’s lower lip looks like a flotation device. 

Scheana’s dress is hideous. 

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Stassi looks pregnant.

She sure did. I tried to zoom my eyes in on her ring finger to see if they married and began a family. I couldn’t see it well enough. 

• Love 3