Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Shoulder Pad

• Start Topic

Arguably one of ABC's funniest sitcoms currently on-air and, if you don't agree with that, you're probably too bumgubbled to realize it. Plorpf! But seriously, folks, I'm thrilled to be able to continue the discussion here.

• Love 2

At the very least its the best comedy of the year--regardless of B99 getting the Golden Globe.  B99 turned out to be a fantastic show, mind you (although with a stinky pilot), but The Goldbergs has brought it every single episode.  Howlingly funny, touching, well acted, and satisfying.  Beverly is one of the great comic creations of all time, anywhere, and Barry isn't far behind.  The young version of Adam, the sister unfortunately not based on any real person, and the Dad all had a little growth needed, but got that (and got better) every episode.  George Segal is perfect too.

Edited by Kromm
  • Love 2

Thanks for starting a thread!  

I love this show.  I graduated high school in 1988 so this right in my wheelhouse.  I had Erica's phone!  The clear handset where you can see the gears in neon colors.  

I also love this show. I graduated HS in '92 so I have a soft spot in my heart for the '80s. I wish the sisters hair was a little bigger, everyone had bigger bangs than she has. I would like this show renewed ASAP.

• Love 1

So how many of us are high school graduates of the 80s/early 90s? I graduated in 1989 and grew up in Philadelphia. I truly love this show. It brings back so many memories. (OK, I am now officially an Old.)

I'm ashamed to admit this but, I not only had parachute pants in the 80's but a matching jacket as well.  You could hear me swishing towards you a mile away.  My boyfriend had a mullet.  We were soooooooo cool!  Not.

• Love 2

I graduated in 1991 and this show is bringing back huge memories. I want to see Erica wearing a pair of pants she pinned at the ankles and a Forenza sweater backwards and then I'll be content.

• Love 2

Bryan Callen was performing in my hometown (Calgary) this weekend. He put on a great show as usual. His stand-up is kind of like Coach Mellor on uppers.

At any rate he ended up at the bar some friends and I went to after the show. Not having anything clever to really say, I just cheers-ed him and said "Goldbergs Feel Hard" got a soft chuckle and thanks out of him.

• Love 4

I had no idea "JTP" was a real thing.

http://6abc.com/sports/eagles-fans-chant-on-flight-birds-meet-goldbergs-bryant/2764612/

"My brother Barry literally arranged his wedding around an @Eagles game. Yesterday he reunited with his childhood friends known as the JTP [Jenkintown Posse] to take on the TV JTP. His 80s hero Mike Quick was the QB. This shall count as every single birthday gift for the rest of time. #JTPbowl," 'The Goldbergs' creator Adam F. Goldberg tweeted."

I just started watching the show. I didn't think I'd like it because I don't like loud humor. All I had to do was turn the volume down whenever Murray or Barry start talking.

The show in syndication is now running season one and season five so watching those plus the current season is a tour of the many octaves of Sam Giambrone's voice.

• LOL 1