Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E06: Luck Be A Lady

• Start Topic

Jumpsuits are such a pain and hard to fit well.

I think a fitted crop top and wide leg pants would have been so much better. Not too short of a top, maybe a side or back zip pant. I do love velvet, if the event is right. Did he have gallery? Night opening would be good for velvet pants/top if done well.

Do not like brocade as a rule. Gunner made a mess but Fabio made an even bigger one, Imo. That was butt ugly. I guess his past history is a bit better of the two.

I really dislike most of remaining cast...Michelle being WORST, Helen a close second, but also Jay, Justin, and even Fabio get on my nerves. Justin is way too emotional for my taste. Jay thinks he is way better than he is. I still like Dmitri best, even if he is not pouring on the charm this time.

The winning look shocked me...I thought she would get hammered for that dress. But hated Michelle's.

• Love 1

Someone, I think it was the resplendent Georgina Chapman, called the jumpsuit "modern". I said to the cats, "How is a 40-year-old design "modern"?

Did you see what she was wearing when she said it? Couldn't peg what time or place that outfit was from.

Thank the fashion gods for cats!! They always manage to see through the jumpsuit shtick and call it for what it is!!

Speaking of which... Georgina looked like she was wearing vintage Gunne Sax, which is probably why she called a jumpsuit from the same era "modern."

• Love 3

My problem with jumpsuits is that they just aren't very practical for actually wearing them, which, of course, has nothing to do with the never-never land of fantasy fashion.

This is what I always have to keep in mind regarding jumpsuits.  TV women can wear them "easily", where real women just can't.  At least not out in public. 

• Love 2

Someone, I think it was the resplendent Georgina Chapman, called the jumpsuit "modern". I said to the cats, "How is a 40-year-old design "modern"?

More like eighty. Katharine Hepburn was wearing them in the thirties, and they weren't new then.

• Love 1

I'm still trying to process Issac Mizrahi's statement: "Everybody wants padded hips now."

Don't.  Please don't.

He's taken to making random Diana Vreeland-style diktats when there's no excuse for his annointed to win, or even to stay. I suspect he forgets them the minute they leave his mouth. 

• Love 2
I think a fitted crop top and wide leg pants would have been so much better. Not too short of a top, maybe a side or back zip pant. I do love velvet, if the event is right. Did he have gallery? Night opening would be good for velvet pants/top if done well.

Yeah he did have gallery and I think it was a bold move to do a velvet jumpsuit for a gallery opening.  Normally that would be a disaster but he pulled it off.  Not his greatest piece by any means so I'm ok with his safe placement but still pretty good.

Dmitry is my favorite designer this season, was my fav on season 10 and one of my fav winners of all of PR history (still can't top seth aaron) so if he should leave before winning this season I'm out.  I'm just not feeling any of these other designers though I do generally like most of them.

Oh and is it my imagination or does no one really seem upset when they get eliminated?  I was expecting more of an emotional goodbye from Gunner but the impression I got was just kinda...."enh I'm leaving so what...."

Edited by Dirtybubble
  • Love 1

My problem with jumpsuits is that they just aren't very practical for actually wearing them, which, of course, has nothing to do with the never-never land of fantasy fashion. 

Especially when made in shiny black velvet.  I'm sure it would look lovely the first time out, providing you didn't have to sit down to get there, or when you got there.  So gallery opening is probably ok.

Edited by DHDancer

I might have to toss this aside.  Even as a game to watch how bad Milano can sartorially get each week is losing what little charm it had.  But seeing Helen get in the top two?  For an outfit I was determined was in the bottom three.  it was horribly constructed. The fit and style of the top and bottom actually seemed like someone tried to create an outfit out of a top from one designer's collection and one from another.  It was not the worst.  But to be the second best?  Even in that wave of dreck that washed down the runway? 

Another week of the best being something that would have been the worst in previous seasons.  I just can't.  Plus it means I don't have see any of the Threads ads and hear that simpering snide nails on chalkboard voice of the Simmons nepotistic product placement.

• Love 4

I hated Sonjia's dress.  Short, shiny, and tight, supposedly the kiss of death for Nina (though not Heidi).  Plus it broke the rule that if your dress is short, it shouldn't also be revealing up top, and vice versa, or it ends up looking both tacky and hooker, which Sonjia's did.  I hated everything about it.

Thank the fashion gods for cats!! They always manage to see through the jumpsuit shtick and call it for what it is!!

Speaking of which... Georgina looked like she was wearing vintage Gunne Sax, which is probably why she called a jumpsuit from the same era "modern."

Ha. I wore a lot of Gunne Sax back in the day. I was in seventh heaven when friends found a Gunne Sax outlet in Claremont. Heaven, I say!

• Love 1

Ugh, that top was just awful-looking -- like a tatty old bathmat or some untalented kid's camp craft project. I don't think he really HAD a concept. I counted at least three -- maybe four -- different bodices in the workroom. He was throwing stuff at the wall and seeing what would stick.

What he did to the bodice of that dress made the fabric look like burlap.