Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: a.k.a. 'The Meet Market'

• Start Topic

I wonder if Once feels better at all knowing how brutal this cancellation season has been? At least they got several seasons and some time to wrap things up (even if they blew it), which is more than a lot of shows are getting.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

I wonder if Once feels better at all knowing how brutal this cancellation season has been? At least they got several seasons and some time to wrap things up (even if they blew it), which is more than a lot of shows are getting.

I'm sure A&E are not blaming themselves.

• Love 4

So, what's the consensus on the rewatch? We're not supposed to post spoilers in the specific episode threads, correct? Should we hold all the rewatch discussions in the All Seasons thread, or do we post in both? 

1 hour ago, Rumsy4 said:

So, what's the consensus on the rewatch? We're not supposed to post spoilers in the specific episode threads, correct? Should we hold all the rewatch discussions in the All Seasons thread, or do we post in both? 

I wonder if we could request/start a designated rewatch thread, so as not to bog down the All Seasons thread and to keep the discussion in one place.

• Love 2

I'm settled into my hotel room, ready to make some hot cocoa for tonight's viewing party. And I have double the celebration because a biopsy I had earlier this week came back as benign!!! I also have lots of thoughts from sessions at this conference that reminded me of this show, but they may have to wait until I get home because typing on the tablet is a pain.

• Love 9
49 minutes ago, Shanna Marie said:

I'm settled into my hotel room, ready to make some hot cocoa for tonight's viewing party. And I have double the celebration because a biopsy I had earlier this week came back as benign!!! 

Yay!!!! So glad! I know how stressful it is to wait for test results like that!

• Love 2

I am watching some scenes from Season 1 for fanfic research, and am stunned at the difference in quality. I haven't seen those episodes in years. The rewatch is going to be fun. 

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, Rumsy4 said:

I am watching some scenes from Season 1 for fanfic research, and am stunned at the difference in quality. I haven't seen those episodes in years. The rewatch is going to be fun. 

It's like a completely different show. 

• Love 1
(edited)
1 minute ago, KingOfHearts said:

It's like a completely different show. 

It is a completely different show. Not the fairy tale of the Evil Queen, at any rate. :-p

Edited by Rumsy4
  • Love 2

Hi everyone! Not sure if anyone remembers me... I noped out of this show before S7, popped in here once or twice to see if maybe I should take it up again, decided not to, and after reading what you all had to say about the finale, am glad I didn't. It actually makes me angry to think about that whole "elected ruler of everything" nonsense. But, I am 100% down for a rewatch, looking forward to discussing a show I still love (for 3.5 seasons anyway) with all you lovely people!

• Love 3
23 minutes ago, profdanglais said:

Hi everyone! Not sure if anyone remembers me... I noped out of this show before S7, popped in here once or twice to see if maybe I should take it up again, decided not to, and after reading what you all had to say about the finale, am glad I didn't. It actually makes me angry to think about that whole "elected ruler of everything" nonsense. But, I am 100% down for a rewatch, looking forward to discussing a show I still love (for 3.5 seasons anyway) with all you lovely people!

It's good to see you back, @profdanglais! Can't wait to hear your thoughts during the rewatch. :)

I know we're not starting the rewatch until next week, but I'm seriously considering watching the pilot tonight, just because I'm in the mood for that sort of thing and it feels weird not to have this show on.

I'm so jealous of one of my friends, who got to sail on the Jolly Roger (well, the Lady Washington, which plays the Jolly Roger) today. He used to be on the volunteer crew for a restored tall ship, so he got to help out, not just be a passenger.

• Love 4
(edited)

Guess who’s got two thumbs and is heading to Maine next week for the first time? *points* This chick! I will be on the look out for any mysterious little towns with lots of punny, fairy tale based names!

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 5
45 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

Guess who’s got two thumbs and is heading to Maine next week for the first time? *points* This chick! I will be on the look out for any mysterious little towns with lots of punny, fairy tale based names!

Careful, you might walk into a Stephen King town by mistake.

• Love 5

Is anybody else watching "The Handmaid's Tale"? It's so upsetting and disturbing, but boy, do I love it. I get so excited each week when it's time for a new episode. I thought there's just be 10 eps in S2 like in S1, but I just found out there are 13, and I'm beside myself with glee. I'd have been distraught if next week was the last ep of the season.

(edited)

So I made it to Maine, which is lovely, and just as I pull into my Air BnB, in this quaint seaside town I’m staying in, I spot a guy who looks exactly like Gepetto/Marco! Seriously! So if I don’t post for awhile, or my posts become nothing but odes to Regina’s brilliance, know that I’ve been sucked into her vortex. Remember me! 

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 4
(edited)
4 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

So I made it to Maine, which is lovely, and just as I pull into my Air BnB, in this quaint seaside town I’m staying in, I spot a guy who looks exactly like Gepetto/Marco! Seriously! So if I don’t post for awhile, or my posts become nothing but odes to Regina’s brilliance, know that I’ve been sucked into her vortex. Remember me! 

Just look out for creepy clowns, oddly dense mists, killer trucks, telekinetic school girls, and murderous Plymouth Fury's. Oh, and if someone asks if you want to go to their "church" in the middle of a corn field, just say no.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 4
12 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

I assume you know not to eat any apples.

• Love 3
(edited)

Just ordered Craig Clark’s BTS photography book. It’s not bad price wise if you live in the US $70 CAD including shipping ~$52 usd? Shipping is pricey elsewhere unfortunately.

Excited to get it. About 6 weeks since he’s getting the orders before printing to keep costs down.

Edited by daxx

I had the craziest dream last night about seeing a press conference on TV about Colin being cast in a movie with Pierce Brosnan, playing Pierce Brosnan's son. I was thinking it was perfect casting because they have similar coloring and similar builds, but for the movie Colin had longer hair, about chin-length, and they'd dyed it a dark dirty blond/light brown with blond streaks, and he had brown colored contacts, so he looked much less like Pierce Brosnan. I remember being happy for him to get a high-profile role, but I was disappointed that he had to do it with really unfortunate hair.

Now someone needs to cast him either as Pierce Brosnan's son (or other relative) or possibly his past self. Apparently, there are flashbacks in the Mamma Mia sequel, so he could have been a younger version of that character, though there would have been the continuity issue about his younger self actually being able to sing while his older self makes your ears bleed.

• Love 4

Ever have someone in a fandom tell you something that they know about a show/movie or one of the talent. Now you’re dying to discuss it but you can’t. Yeah that.

If/when it becomes public I’ll tell you that was it.

Granted, this is the definition of “something I heard on the internet”. So may be malarkey. But I’m keeping it under wraps either way.

I hope it’s not true.

2 hours ago, daxx said:

Ever have someone in a fandom tell you something that they know about a show/movie or one of the talent. Now you’re dying to discuss it but you can’t. Yeah that.

If/when it becomes public I’ll tell you that was it.

Granted, this is the definition of “something I heard on the internet”. So may be malarkey. But I’m keeping it under wraps either way.

I hope it’s not true.

Uh, is it related to Once?

Yeah, I heard some stuff that wasn't general knowledge back in my X-Files and Alias fandom days. It's kind of weird. It can affect how you think about a show or an actor -- but you can't really explain to people why. Truth is good -- but sometimes it's easier just not to know.

Eh rumors that are true tend to come out either during the show or immediately after it ends, so I have to question whatever it is. The show is over. No one needs to protect their jobs anymore. Back in the day there was that rumor that a married star of Once was having an affair with someone else on set. Everyone who chose to traffic in the rumor immediately jumped to the conclusion that it was about Morrison and O'Donohue. Colifer shippers rejoiced (because marriage vows should never get in the way of your real life shipping fantasies) and people who disliked the actors gleefully spread the rumor (because trying to destroy a marriage with rumors is awesome when the actor in question is getting in the way of your fanon ship and/or your real life shipping fantasies). And then a few years later it came out in the divorce that while the rumor was true, it did not involve either of the aforementioned actors.

• Love 3

I got my AC annual checkup today, and my shelf with my DVDs is next to the spot where the filter goes, so I guess the guy saw my collection. First, he asked what I thought of the announced Buffy reboot, then he told me that his wife was making him watch Once Upon a Time, and they were in the middle of season one. He thought the idea was interesting, but he wasn't totally sold on it. His wife was telling him just wait until Captain Hook shows up.

We ended up getting into quite the discussion. To get the full image, this was a big, burly, bearded man. Not the stereotypical audience for the show.

• Love 4
34 minutes ago, profdanglais said:

What is pillowfort? 

It’s a blog site, competing with tumblr, it’s in beta I think. I bought access to the site through the Kickstarter. Supposedly they are trying to fix all the problems tumblr has and adding in a discussion thread to make it a mashup of tumblr and a forum of sorts. 

54 minutes ago, daxx said:

It’s a blog site, competing with tumblr, it’s in beta I think. I bought access to the site through the Kickstarter. Supposedly they are trying to fix all the problems tumblr has and adding in a discussion thread to make it a mashup of tumblr and a forum of sorts. 

Huh, interesting. I have to say I often find Tumblr confusing, with people replying to form long threads that then get reblogged in various stages so sometimes you see more responses and sometimes fewer, plus everyone reblogs each other so you see the same thing fifteen times in a row. It reminds me that I am now an Old and it's time to start telling all those youngsters to get off my lawn. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, profdanglais said:

I have to say I often find Tumblr confusing, with people replying to form long threads that then get reblogged in various stages so sometimes you see more responses and sometimes fewer, plus everyone reblogs each other so you see the same thing fifteen times in a row.

The community I just made and doesn’t have anyone in it yet, has side by side the choice to view posts or the discussion. Screenshot below.

ADDAB77B-9271-488C-B585-4D8F9C185B74.jpeg

1 hour ago, KingOfHearts said:

Be sure to get pictures taken with Cleo and Lily.

You have me wishing for a "Once Upon a Time" theme park.  There would be a Temple of Regina with a large statue that visitors can worship.  You can try to climb Emma's Walls.  You can visit the food trucks where they sell Sabine's famous cold beignets.  You can watch a parade along Main Street, with processions that include the Hooded Dark Ones and The Coven.  Then you can enter a special room where purple smoke gets blown into your face and you can imagine you've been Cursed.  Finally, as you exit, you can throw poisoned apples at cutouts of Snow and blame her for the high cost of admission.

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 5

I just finished writing a 75K fanfic. It should start posting in October. I can't believe I wrote so many words. Now I can have my life back. :-p

PS: This is why I fell behind in the rewatch. Now, I can catch up.

Edited by Rumsy4
  • Love 3