Type keyword(s) to search

"The Daily Show": Week of 12/15/14

Before I went to the Czech Republic, I had to explain to a relative that it is not the Chechen Republic. Which they only knew existed because it was right after the Boston marathon bombing.

• Love 1

What I got from Jonny-bun and MsJwilly's coverage of Fox News' Cry: These protestors are ruining my Christmas!!! Stop trafficking my roads so I can go home and ignore this even more!!! Athletes are dumb jocks and should stick to their jobs hypothetically tackling other players for the fun of it!!! I'm sorry to say, but the holidays are less important to me if this outcry for justice hasn't reached the police departments by Christmas!! And it doesn't help, Fox News, that you can tread over the past of Jay-Z, who clearly learned his lesson and is thriving with his life, business and family, and no one else can!

Preach it, TDS. Preach it. 

I kind of hate to wade in (late) to the whole ignorant American thing, but when I told otherwise intelligent people I was moving to Japan, many of them

1) pulled up their eyes into a slant and bowed

2) asked if I was going to the Great Wall/did I speak Chinese, etc.

3) asked if they had recovered from WW2

On topic: I didn't think the Sweden thing was funny either. They could have, at the very least, mentioned we pronounce Ikea incorrectly, or asked why no one can escape from an Ikea.  But then Tina fey already did that brilliantly, so.... 

• Love 1

If you are at all interested in the latter topic, there is tons of fascinating reporting being done, and a lot of it shows that there is little evidence that North Korea was behind the hack, despite what some officials believe. 

I was thinking that the broken English of the messages from the hackers sounds fake. I was surprised that experts said the hacking came from North Korean. I'll have to click that link you provided.

Gitmo much smarter than he lets on. Gitmo figure out what asswipes Cruz and Rubio are up to. BTW, it's always a laugh when Jon fucks up his puppetry.

Merry Fucking Christmas to you too Jordan. Although I could have done without seeing the stream of urine coming out of that one Santa.

Chris Rock is the best. He and Jon have great rapport. Can't help but wonder how Tracy Morgan is holding up.

A toss to Stephen is the perfect way to wrap up TCR. I'm getting teary already.

• Love 2

So glad Gitmo is back to discuss Cuba/American affairs. And it looks like Jordan was having fun, gearing up for the holiday season with his piece on Santa Con. I feel a little bad the kids in the segment had to see a wasted Jordan cursing them out. Honestly, if I wanted Santa Jordan to come down my chimney, I'll be happy to leave some whisky and burritos on a plate. A very interesting parallel to the current protests outside from the white beards and whisky vomit, as long as both parties bundle up. 

BTW, that Toss. One last freakin' Toss. So called it!! 

• Love 1

BTW, that Toss. One last freakin' Toss. So called it!!

As Tosses go, I was actually thinking that this one was sort of anemic, especially for such a momentous occasion.  But then, the Newhart-esque "it was all a dream" Toss back to Jon at the end of the Colbert finale?  With the Toss within a MOZ within a reToss??   Oh my, what a big ol' chunk of bittersweet that was.

• Love 4

As Tosses go, I was actually thinking that this one was sort of anemic, especially for such a momentous occasion.  But then, the Newhart-esque "it was all a dream" Toss back to Jon at the end of the Colbert finale?  With the Toss within a MOZ within a reToss??   Oh my, what a big ol' chunk of bittersweet that was.

My guess is that toss back to Jon could allude to completing his story/history after the last nine years, much like wrapping up a bow to a piece and throwing it back to his boss/friend just like he did when he was on TDS. Or it could be a nod to Jon after helping him all these years.

Edited by The Luvly Junkie

As someone who was born in Sweden and grew up in the U.S. Midwest, I can tell you that it happened all the time. There were two reactions when people heard the word Sweden: (a) they confused it with Switzerland or (b) they said "bork bork bork." I'd rather have IKEA jokes, frankly. 

One of my oldest friends is Swedish. We met as college roommates and I have watched her deal with that for 25 years. I use it to harass her now. "Don't test me or as God is my witness I'll start doing the Swedish Chef!" LOL!

• Love 1

If you are at all interested in the latter topic, there is tons of fascinating reporting being done, and a lot of it shows that there is little evidence that North Korea was behind the hack, despite what some officials believe.

But now the FBI is saying that North Korea is behind it

I feel a little bad the kids in the segment had to see a wasted Jordan cursing them out. 

I think, or maybe I just hope, from the way the segment was edited, that the cursing was recorded separately and spliced in, and not actually directed at the kids.