Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E08: Chunks Of My Soul

I hate to compare maladies, but this episode pushed me over an edge. I recently lost one of our twins and was admitted to Cedars for observation. I had two transfusions and a cerclage to keep twin B in my uterus. I developed an infection that required iv antibiotics and antitocolytics. I was released after five days. There's no way in help they kept Tori nine days for a bronchitis. She's got other issues.

Dean nailed it. When Tori is around, there is chaos. That's what happened when a narcissist arrives on the scene. Everything is about our them and everyone else is at fault. Dean had those kids fed, bathed, and in bed at a normal hour and his interactions were appropriate and loving. Dr. Wexler is an enabler of epic proportions.

• Love 12

I feel like Tori is committing a career murder-suicide with this show.

This show didn't ruin Tori's acting career. Tori has no acting career because Tori has very little acting talent, and the competition for acting roles for is huge. Tori had a good thing going with the cutesy reality shows and the books that were funny, even if they sometimes said mean things. She should have stuck with that. People mostly liked her, despite the cheating. She came across as relatively real and likeable. She could have made a living as a likeable reality person whose husband cheated on her once but they worked through it. So maybe the show did ruin any chances for a more cutesy reality show, but I doubt it. There are people who would still watch Tori has a likeable single mom.

• Love 3

Who gets a pig that young? And why did Tori get a pig? Dean managed just fine with the kids. She's an attention whore. The only reason why Tori likes the show because it's about her True Tori. Tori likes therapy because it's about Tori. Tori likes the hospital because it's about Tori. My goodness those poor kids. Dean just get far away and take the kids with you. Tori clearly needs help.

Yes, all of this. That's the recurring theme  here: "I didn't get enough attention from mother, so now EVERYONE should pay attention to only me.".

God help those children.

• Love 2

First of all, to WanderWoman- hang in there. I'm sorry to hear about the loss of one of your babies. :(

Dean nailed it. When Tori is around, there is chaos. That's what happened when a narcissist arrives on the scene. Everything is about our them and everyone else is at fault. Dean had those kids fed, bathed, and in bed at a normal hour and his interactions were appropriate and loving. Dr. Wexler is an enabler of epic proportions.

I was thinking about this the other day: Dr. Wexler is bascially in business to massage the psyche of these neurotic disasters, not to make them better, probably because she realized long ago that many of them will never get better. They don't want to get better; being an emotional disaster and delicate flower is the Hollywood cliché, so they want to hang on to that. So she makes bank just hand holding for people that are a hot mess.

This girl just needs to sort herself out. Yes, her husband cheated on her. Shit or get off the pot: either move on, or get gone, because you can't 'punish' him forever. Also, what springs to mind is my grandmother saying, "how you get 'em is how you lose 'em".

Two: get those awful boobs fixed (for your own health!)- dear god woman, mine hurt just looking at those things.

And finally, move on in your 'career'  to producing or something that doesn't involve putting a forty-year old Admiral Ackbar in a blonde wig* in front of a camera, because people aren't buying what you're selling.

*ETA- After someone pointed out the resemblance, every time I see her all I hear is, "IT'S A TRAP".

Edited by MargDelahunty
  • Love 4

I am convinced that poor baby pig refused to eat because of Tori he couldn't take being around her a minute longer, so sad.

Tori said she was worried about Dean being suicidal and driving off a cliff or something. We'll hell yeah, if I was Dean I would have pulled a "Thelma & Louise" a long time ago!

• Love 4

I would like to ask Tori where she thinks those hot dogs she feeds the kids come from.  They come from a slaughter house.  That is where meat comes from.  So boo hoo for the little pig that the sellers KNEW would die being separated that soon from it's mother.  The sellers didn't care cuz they got a lot of money from Tori and didn't even have to feed and care for the pig before it was wiener ready.

If you care that much about a pig and a slaughter house then please become a vegan and have your family become vegans.  Then I believe you.

• Love 7

Ok. This is complete malpractice on the part of Dr. Wexler. I'm re-watching the therapy scene and it's so obviously clear the Dean is done was this show and he's concerned about the repercussions for their family. All Tori does is sideline and minimize his concern to refocus the session on her and her distrust of Deans AA friend. What therapist in their right mind would allow a patient to openly manipulate her spouse? What therapist, with a true concern about the well-being of the family, would hear one spouse state that the show is making real progress hard and completely ignore that?

And, wtf is with this exchange...

Dean, to producers: "she's really sick"

Tori: "can I go to the urgent care now?"

Why do they need permission to go to an urgent care? Screw filming, just go! Even if you're malingering and want your drama on camera, just go, already. Second, if you're walking, talking, and able to do your hair and makeup, you're not sick enough to warrant a nine day hospital stay.

Dean needs to file for divorce and get custody.

• Love 9

And that's why I don't feel bad for her.  It's not that she doesn't know what to do, it's that she doesn't want to do it.  She doesn't want to be out of the limelight, because she craves it.  She doesn't want to be healthy because then no one would feel sorry for her.  

You're definitely right- but I think it goes beyond laziness or dislike and into almost a pathology.  Some of it is definitely laziness, but I think the lack of attention she got as a child has just warped her.  I think she's made a lot of really bad personal and relationship decisions since then, and her situation isn't something that can be blamed on her mother as much as she would like to, but her parents really did mess her up. 

I also think the reality shows and having a brand based around her "true life" also makes this harder for her- it's not just making smaller changes, it's literally asking her to change every aspect of her life, from her job to her relationships to what she sees as important about herself.  And she doesn't have any kind of good foundation to fall back on that might make it easier. 

• Love 3

Not taking Tori's side, but if she gives up reality television, what will she do for work at this point? Jon Gosselin ended up in a shack with no electricity working at some restaurant in the woods. I don't really know what else Tori can do for work at this point. After reality television, it isn't all that easy to get anyone to take you seriously. And as much as Dean complains, its Tori's reality and books that are paying for his expensive hobbies and their 4 kids. I see Dean complaining, but I don't see him coming up with alternatives or working on a family budget to prove they can survive without the famewhoring.

• Love 3

Not taking Tori's side, but if she gives up reality television, what will she do for work at this point? Jon Gosselin ended up in a shack with no electricity working at some restaurant in the woods. I don't really know what else Tori can do for work at this point. After reality television, it isn't all that easy to get anyone to take you seriously. And as much as Dean complains, its Tori's reality and books that are paying for his expensive hobbies and their 4 kids. I see Dean complaining, but I don't see him coming up with alternatives or working on a family budget to prove they can survive without the famewhoring.

I've said this before, but I think Tori has some comedic talent deep down in her. I don't mean that corny Mystery Girls BS, but So NoTORIous was genuinely good. There have to be some old acquaintances of Aaron somewhere in Hollywood that might be willing to help her get a deal with a network for a revival of that show or something similar.

• Love 4
And that's why I don't feel bad for her.  It's not that she doesn't know what to do, it's that she doesn't want to do it.  She doesn't want to be out of the limelight, because she craves it.  She doesn't want to be healthy because then no one would feel sorry for her.

Exactly. I think Tori knows exactly what is wrong with her, but refuses to legitimately work on herself, because she never wants to stop playing victim. She never wants to lose the attention and sympathy. It's a perfect storm of her not caring to try and sticking with this asshat of a therapist for over a decade, who does nothing but enable her and hold her hand through life. 

• Love 2

She could still do reality, without being as invasive as this shit. Her previous ventures were light hearted and fun, especially when it showed her trying and failing to launch various businesses (anyone remember the fry one?). But this nonsense where she puts her family's entire life on blast, and there seems to be no reprieve from the cameras? She's gone over the edge. 

Too bad the girl wasn't a wise investor and a frugal spender. At this point she wouldn't even need to work anymore. 

P.S. So sorry to hear about your loss, wanderwoman. My heart goes out to you. 

• Love 5

Not taking Tori's side, but if she gives up reality television, what will she do for work at this point?

Tori has done 10 years of 90201, movies, 5 books, and I don't know how many Tori&Dean shows. She's more successful than many actresses in Hollywood. She must be getting residual and royalty cheques coming in fairly often. The problem is, as Dean has pointed out many times, is that she doesn't know how to stop spending. She's said herself that she's the only person who can spend over $100 at a dollar store, or $100 at a convienence store when she went in for a bottle of water. Stop the $10,000 a month rent on the house. Stop the $20,000 rental at Malibu in the summer. Stop the private schools, the 3 nannies and housekeeper. Stop the $6000+ a month in storage fees for you 127 storage lockers. For God's sake, Dean grew up in social housing in Toronto. I'm sure he would happily live in a 2000 sq foot house (not small by any means, but not the 9000 sq feet they are in now). They probably would be happier in the long run because they wouldn't have to work as hard to maintain it all.

Also - Am I the only one who notices that all her kids birthday parties have 'sponsors'? At Hattie's party there were Balloons, cake, flowers, facepainting, etc., all mentioned by name - so she could get them all free. The same with the backyard play structure, and the cute matching beds last season. This woman loves doing these shows for all the free products she gets.

• Love 6

I hate to compare maladies, but this episode pushed me over an edge. I recently lost one of our twins and was admitted to Cedars for observation. I had two transfusions and a cerclage to keep twin B in my uterus. I developed an infection that required iv antibiotics and antitocolytics. I was released after five days. There's no way in help they kept Tori nine days for a bronchitis. She's got other issues.

I'm so sorry wanderwoman, for your loss.  

• Love 4

You'd think with spending all that time in the hospital, she could've had that wonky boob of hers fixed (the one on her chest, not the one she married).

That whole segment when she came back from her wine country trip i couldn't help but think the soda can i was drinking out of could have fit perfectly between the chasm betwixt her silicone fun bags.  I mentioned this earlier, and still believe her hospital stay was a front to fix the boob botch and possibly something else.

• Love 3

I am glad I didn't watch this because I'm sure the Pig storyline would have sent me over the edge. I am already so fed up with this lunatic I can't even sit through her intereviews on already stupid shows like Access Hollywood.

On the Hospital stays, as has already been said, there is no way on earth an Insurance company is paying for a 13 day stay for bronchitis and or a sinus infection. Anyone consider that Candy may be paying? It seems as much as she clearly doesn't want to indulge most of Tori's reckless speinding, she is willing to pay for the kids education. So, I can totally see Tori guilting her in to paying medical expenses. It would be tough, as a mother, to risk saying no on the off chance that her kid is truly sick.

Edited by chlban
  • Love 2

All she has to do is sell all the crap she has in storage. Between the money she gets from the sales & the money she saves on storage fees, I doubt they would have any money worries at all.

• Love 4
And as positive as Dean was with the kids and with his declaration that he's done with the show, I can't let him off the hook either.  He's sitll working incredibly hard to avoid dealing with the messy negative consequences of his cheating- the fact that he couldn't tell Dr. Wexler how Tori feels about the rehab babysitter fiasco was ridiculous.  You cheated on her, Dean.  She's going to be weird and freaked out over the idea of you being alone with a woman she doesn't know, and she's JUSTIFIED in that feeling.  Own that, instead of being all defensive and insisting that you were "just trying to help."

I dont think he's avoiding anything.   He admitted the affair, participated in this trainwreck show, quit drinking, and is tolerating Tori making a public spectacle about her feelings about the betrayal and constantly being badmouthed on the show.   Dean is a nut, Dean can't be alone with the kids, oh wait, Dean is an asshole for not picking up the kids she doesn't want to leave him with (unless it's for weekend trips or 2 week hospital stays), Dean doesn't 'get it', Tori is running herself ragged because Dean is such an incompetent asshole, Dean doesn't earn enough money, etc.   I think that Dean is right when he asks her why she is with him.    He's rational about it.    Yes he cheated.   That doesn't give Tori the authority to take total control of his life, act like a psycho whenever he wants to leave the house, and bitch every time she actually has to feed her kids and put them to bed.      On top of that she creates a house full of chaos and stress with her hoarding problem and her bitching problem.   I believe that Tori thinks the affair has given her carte blanche to bitch him out whenever she wants, talk shit on him to their friends, give him shit whenever he wants to go out anywhere or have a hobby, and make a fool of him on tv.   Dean is having none of that.   He wants to work it out I guess but he's not down with her cracking the whip and dictating his life.   He's over living in a hoarders house with a harping nag, the stress and chaos is getting to him.    I'm not saying that Tori pushed him to cheat and I don't condone it but it must have been pretty sweet to get away from all of that and meet a girl who wasn't a neurotic basketcase.   

I don't think you can compare Jon Gosselin and Tori.  Tori was on a hit show for 10 years and is famous for who she is as well.    Jon was just some guy who had a bunch of kids.   She could still do cheesy made for tv movies, sitcoms, write books, etc.   She could probably scrape together enough money now to go buy a regular house somewhere, and then still continue on with stuff like her jewelry line, books, etc.    Tori is the one who wants to constantly upgrade, she said herself her standards are sky high because of the way she was raised.    I don't think Dean is the problem when it comes to budgeting money and there are no alternatives when Tori is a shopaholic hoarder.   She would have to be on board and that hasn't happened yet.

Edited by Lexie
  • Love 11

First up, a big e-hug for wanderwoman...

Second: I don't watch this show at all, but the apparent B-plot for this episode of Tori going full-on Suzanne Sugarbaker and adopting a pig makes me at least want to watch this one.  Why in the world would this needy, troubled, blazing hot mess of a lady adopt a pig of all critters?  (And as opposed to Noelle the pig, who just ran the hell away from Suzanne: what happened to Lucy here?)

And third: from what I've pieced together from reading the threads for previous eps, am I correct in assuming that Dean--while not exactly a bastion of sanity and virtue from the jump--has slowly become more rational and, for lack of a better phrase, sane over the course of this show?

Edited by Bill C.
  • Love 4

Second: I don't watch this show at all, but the apparent B-plot for this episode of Tori going full-on Suzanne Sugarbaker and adopting a pig makes me at least want to watch this one.  Why in the world would this needy, troubled, blazing hot mess of a lady adopt a pig of all critters?  (And as opposed to Noelle the pig, who just ran the hell away from Suzanne: what happened to Lucy here?)

Tori took a 5 days old pig away from it's mother. It wouldn't eat, so she brought it to a vet. Lucy is no longer with us. All because a woman who claims to be all about her kids doesn't have the most basic common sense to know that any creature that is only 5 days old needs it mother. 

• Love 6

@Bill C.--yes, Dean is quickly becoming the "sane" one on that show, but its not something anyone of us wants to admit, so shhhhhhhhhh!   Oh well, not many of us actually want to admit we even watch this show, so there is that..........................................

• Love 7

Thanks, all.

What would Tori do without reality tv? How about get a job like the rest of us? She could design and plan children's birthday parties as a business. She could sell the shit in storage. She could go back to school and get a degree. Work for a florist or design cakes. She's not without options and let's not forget how many times Candy has bailed them out.

• Love 3

Tori has a lot more earning potential than Jon Gosselin. She is a pretty well known celebrity, so she can do things like the personal appearance she was supposed to make in FL where she gets paid 5 figures to host/attend an event for a few hours. She also has much greater potential to sell stuff on HSN or whatever, write books, make reality shows (that don't air all her dirty laundry), etc., etc. I believe that she has been earning 6 to 7 figures a year doing that type of stuff as well as whatever acting work she could get for years. Based on what she's said on this show, her earnings have dropped off because she's been too upset about Dean's affair to keep up with the various things she was doing. Even so, she's still able to afford the expensive housing, private school, household staff, long stays in the hospital, etc., etc. Also, in addition to the money she's earned, Candy bought her a $2.4M house (which Tori moved out of 7 months later, losing money on the deal) and has given her other financial support. Tori inherited $800K when her dad died.

Tori sees herself as poor and struggling, but really she's living an upper middle class lifestyle. Whether they owned or rented, they have always lived in nice 7-figure homes. Their current house is more "normal" than what Tori grew up with or feels entitled to and I think it's in the Valley or something rather than a more exclusive area, but it's probably worth a couple million dollars and it's what most people would consider a very nice, expensive home. Tori's financial problems are a result of her spending problem and her feeling entitled to live as a multimillionaire. She has more earning potential than her brother and has certainly earned more money than he has throughout their careers. He seems to live in what most people would consider a very nice home, though it's not Spelling Manor, and he works as a life coach. Even if he's doing very well in that field, I doubt that he's earning the kind of money that Tori does. Since Candy bought Tori a home, I would assume that she has helped Randy similarly since he hasn't made a career of publicly trashing her. A person with even the most basic budgeting/accepting reality skills can parlay an $800K inheritance, a nice home gifted by their mother, fame that enables them to make money doing personal appearances or being a life coach or whatever, etc. into a decent lifestyle where they're not crying about being poor.

I hate Dean, but I don't think he can be blamed for their "financial problems." I think Dean would have been happy to stay in the house Candy bought them or whatever other place they've lived because he gets that they were all very nice homes that he never could have afforded before he hooked up with her. I think he does try to earn a living with Chopped Canada, CSI, their reality shows, and whatever other work he can get. I can understand why he doesn't try to get a job at Walmart or whatever non-show biz work that he might be qualified for because the money he would make wouldn't make a dent in their expenses and that's not what he wants to do. His ideal situation is probably that Tori weren't such a nutcase and could earn good money doing various ventures and he could work steadily as an actor. I would guess that she gives him a hard time about going to industry events, traveling for work/auditions (we saw this with Chopped Canadagate), and doing other things that, ideally, he should be doing to build his career. Being an actor at Dean's level is hard work and requires a lot of hustling. All of the family drama impedes him from pursuing work the way he needs to to be successful.

• Love 6

It looks like Tori's friends are all beginning to see the light.  If they start distancing themselves from her, instead of trying to make Mary Jo her BFF, she should start hanging around with Leann Rimes because they have so much more in common.  They both cheated on their husbands with their married co-stars (while making a movie of the week), both guys are D-list actors, and both pair married as soon as they were able to shed their first spouses.     

• Love 7

Lexie is absolutely right!! How can Dean 'step up' and do the right thing when the 'right thing' is constantly changing?? First she wants a stay-at-home husband like her new business partner - but she doesn't trust him home with the kids, so they need multiple nannies. Then she wants him out working so that she's not the sole breadwinner - but she had a hissy fit when he went to Canads to work, and now when he did a few days as a guest on CSI, she was in the hospital - which must have made working a lot harder on Dean. She wants him with the kids, but gets upset and doesn't think he loves the kids as much as she does. He's basically told he's not capable of handling 4 kids alone, but then she goes away for a weekend and 2 weeks in hospital, leaving him on his own. I'm confused and I'm not an ex-alcoholic /crack addict. I can understand why he's so darn confused.

Can anyone tell me how on Earth this woman thinks she's a better parent than Dean??? He's been seen cooking for them, holding a tea party with them, playing at Hattie's party, going fishing, riding bikes, in the backyard on the play structure, etc.. The ONLY time I've seen her do anything with them is the scrapbooking fiasco where she had her hysterical crying meltdown. Right there you can see how damaged the two older kids are - they're sitting on the bed scrapbooking and mommy suddenly breaks down and starts sobbing - and they just go right on scrapbooking - as if this sort of behaviour happens daily. You can't tell me these kids aren't already scarred from Tori's parenting.

• Love 12

Dean is right when he says he’s damned if he does and damned if he doesn’t.  Look at the passive/aggressive shit he had to deal with when he was supposed to go back to Canada for a new season of Chopped.  Tori kept going back and forth on whether or not she wanted him to go.  He wanted to do the show, but also wanted to please Tori, so he was between a rock and a hard place. Tori bitches about having to be the one carrying all the load, but she isn’t at all encouraging when it comes to Dean doing anything, as was shown when she had such a hard time handling him being gone for eight, count ‘em, eight whole days to do CSI!  Tori wants Dean to help financially, but makes him feel guilty every time he gets the opportunity to do so.

When mentioning all the things Tori could do to improve their financial status, like get rid of all the crap she has in storage, storage fees, smaller house, hospital stays, etc., don’t forget all the money she pays Dr. Wexler for her several times per week sessions that are doing nothing except making Wexler richer.

When Tori mentioned to Wexler that Dean has no friends, all I could think was, that’s because you don’t allow him to spend time with anyone but you.  Yes, he used to pick some pretty expensive hobbies, but none of them lasted because Tori made him give them all up.  For crying out loud, he can’t even take a bike ride without her complaining.  Playing some pick-up hockey with a bunch of guys wouldn’t cost much at all, but nope, he couldn’t even do that.

Yes, Dean did cheat on Tori, but everyone makes mistakes (as Tori seems to forget), and Dean seems to be trying to make up for it.  However, Tori won’t let that happen because then she can’t be the tragic victim that she so loves to play.  After watching the last episode of this pitiful season, I am firmly on Team Dean.

• Love 8

A 5 day old baby pig should be with its mother, not Tori. Tori killed the pig.

What this selfish bitch did was far worse than what would have eventually happened to Lucy at the slaughterhouse.  This stunt, and the ‘All About Tori’ wine/whine trip would have been my final straw as her friend.  I’m very surprised that Mehi is still around for her. 

I loved how Kate compared Tori bringing home a pig to Candy bringing Tatum O’Neal to the party though.

LMAO at that.

I think Dean showed his true colors during this crazy filming (including that guru crap and him breaking down like he did) and I think he's a pretty decent guy. Yeah, he probably married T for the money (who doesn’t dream of hitting it big in their life) and yeah, he hurt his family, nobody’s perfect, everybody will hurt someone in their lives, but he's truly paying for what he's done now. Being with this bitch must truly be torture!

IMO, Dean has gone above and beyond paying his mea culpa…..it is time for him to realize this then decide if he truly wants to continue being married to Tori, because at this point bitch ain’t fixin’ on changing!

I was a bit concerned when Tori was heading out the door to take baby pig to the vet. Dean was clearly ransacking the house looking for something. Then, he said "I can't find any tape for Liam's arm!" what does she do? Gives a stupid look, puts her head down, and heads out the door with a comment about "only worried about the pig right now" WHAT THE FUCK? How about, "OMG - what happened to his arm? Is he ok?" Nope - all about Tori as usual.

She’ll pay for that in later years, when Liam acts out towards her.  Speaking of which, he is starting to look like Bob from the Bob’s Big Boy logo, and that ain’t a compliment.

Tori is sick..in the head. Really sick in the head. When Dean told her he thought the show had helped him and them but now he feels it's becoming a hindrance and a distraction to their lives and he wants off, she just looked at him and said but I WANT to continue as if her opinion and desires are all that matter. And when she tells that idiot therapist that Dean makes poor moral judgments, I wanted the therapist to ask her about her moral judgment in cheating on her hubby while Dean cheated on his wife.

Yeah, her ‘but what about me?’ response was telling and pathetic.  As for the judgments, outside of the cheating (which don’t forget trick, you participated as well in 2006!) and the bad choice of babysitter, what other poor judgments has he made?  A true shrink would have called her on that.

I fucking LOVED it when Dean told Tori that she heightens the tension at the House of Fuckin’ Doom!  When he made that lovely Halloween dinner for the kids, you saw how happy they were.  Even when she came home with Lucy, they stayed with Dean before coming up to greet her.

• Love 5

I haven't finished watching the whole episode but I am stuck by Dr. Wexler planting "feelings" in Tori's brain or atleast giving words that Tori can mimic to Dean and her friends.  Wexler: " so you feel that......". Tori can then learn the words to say  that justify her wierd skewed perception of things.

I wish Tori would stop wearing the fake eyelashes. The call attention to her inherited "popeyes". There must not be a plastic surgery procedure for that.

Always questions left unasked. How did Tori find a slaughter house that kills 5 day old pigs. How did she ever think she could supply mother's milk and temperture control?  Does she eat meat?

• Love 4

I'm calling bullshit on the "i saved Lucy from the slaughterhouse" story.   Since when is the slaughterhouse like an spca or something.   Why would she even be in a slaughterhouse.   She probably bought the pig from somewhere for a storyline.

• Love 5

Why would she even be in a slaughterhouse.

That's exactly what I was thinking!  What, they were just driving down the highway in the van listening to Tori's rendition of her latest victimization when all of a sudden Tori sees a sign.....it says, "STOP!  Only you can save the newborn piglets from the slaughterhouse up ahead. Turn right at the sign and adopt a pig today!"  So the van comes to a screeching stop and Tori jumps out of the van, running up the drive in her little ankle boots and her ripped $500 jeans yelling, "I'm here!  I'm here to save the pigs--wait for me--oh and by the way little piglet, my husband cheated on me!"  

Edited by 4leafclover
  • Love 10

How big is a 5 day old pig?   I'm no pig expert but I was surprised at it's size when they said it was 5 days old.    Honestly I don't even really believe the pig died.  Who knows.

Yeah, this was odd to me too. I was wondering if eating baby pigs was a new thing I didn't know about.

Yes, suckling pig is just that, still nursing piglets.

How big is a 5 day old pig?   I'm no pig expert but I was surprised at it's size when they said it was 5 days old.    Honestly I don't even really believe the pig died.  Who knows.

That is a large farm pig. I have had pot-belly, mini pigs for over twenty years. My first pig passed after being with us for almost twenty years. I got my second pig almost three years ago. I did not get him until he was about two months old and he was maybe smaller than the pig Tori had.

When a pig will not eat it is very sick. My piggy boy wouldn't eat one day this spring, I had the vet out within hours. He had a respiratory infection and sinus infection. He got antibiotic and pain shots and then I had meds to give him orally. He got well pretty fast, he was a couple years old and stronger than a new born piglet. The pig Tori got probably got an infection and was too young to overcome it.  Tori had no business getting a farm piglet, no way, no how. If you object to pigs getting raised to be eaten, do as I do and never, ever eat pork. And educate people to how intelligent (as smart as dolphins) and emotional pigs are. Pigs are as enormous of a commitment as kids are (minus the college fund), they need attention and training and a social structure that fits them. The last thing they are are stuffed comfort toys Tori!!!!!! Dean was so right about her bringing chaos, randomly. I had seen pictures of her with a spotted white pot belly pig and she mentioned having a "pig again," what happened to that pig??!!  A pig is the very last thing she should be allowed to have, ever.

Tori is one big energy suck. She will ream Dean should he want to leave, so he is stuck and I totally feel sorry for him, she is a freaking nightmare!!!!!!!!  She needs real therapy, not on camera BS that this show is. I am glad it is over and look forward to seeing Dean on CSI. An FYI Tori, you are not getting booked because you are a train wreck, get off the reality shows and get someone to help you back to the REAL WORLD.

• Love 4

You're definitely right- but I think it goes beyond laziness or dislike and into almost a pathology. Some of it is definitely laziness, but I think the lack of attention she got as a child has just warped her. I think she's made a lot of really bad personal and relationship decisions since then, and her situation isn't something that can be blamed on her mother as much as she would like to, but her parents really did mess her up.

I also think the reality shows and having a brand based around her "true life" also makes this harder for her- it's not just making smaller changes, it's literally asking her to change every aspect of her life, from her job to her relationships to what she sees as important about herself. And she doesn't have any kind of good foundation to fall back on that might make it easier.

I just wonder how Tori and her brother are from the same family. He's so normal

That's exactly what I was thinking! What, they were just driving down the highway in the van listening to Tori's rendition of her latest victimization when all of a sudden Tori sees a sign.....it says, "STOP! Only you can save the newborn piglets from the slaughterhouse up ahead. Turn right at the sign and adopt a pig today!" So the van comes to a screeching stop and Tori jumps out of the van, running up the drive in her little ankle boots and her ripped $500 jeans yelling, "I'm here! I'm here to save the pigs--wait for me--oh and by the way little piglet, my husband cheated on me!"

I really think there's a storyline to this pig story

Doesn't candy help out?

• Love 1

And, obviously, Dean was redeemed a thousand times over with the whole storyline of Dean can’t be trusted to take care of the kids the way I do. You’re right, Tori. He doesn’t take care of the kids the way you do—he’s infinitely better at taking care of the kids than you are! If they do get divorced, this show is going to be Exhibit A in Dean getting custody of the children.

More and more, I am thinking that she hasn't left (and won't leave) is because of all the dirt Dean has on her.  Not that I'm implying he would use it (not entirely sure he would - simply because he has shown himself to put the kids first at times), but she has got to understand how much worse it would look for her if her shit came out.   I have zero doubt that she has a serious rx problem. 

• Love 6

Ahh, upon re-watch, I see Dean was the one to use "Chunks of my soul" when he's talking to the producer. That conversation was the one in which the producer asks him why he shut down filming without asking permission. So Dean is not allowed to shut down filming, only Tori? He must feel like he's in prison. 

I didn't know you could shop for pets in a slaughterhouse. Good to know, a week before Chanukah! 

• Love 2

Wexler has long since passed the stage when she was treating Tori. Early on, I am sure she felt that she believed she could provide actual treatment. But at some point, I am convinced that Wexler just decided that Tori has deeply entrenched personality problems, a lot of money, and since her services are billed by the hour, why not just sit down and enjoy the gravy train. It is pretty easy money to sit in a cushy office, nod your head, and validate someone's feelings.

Tori has money, she wants to give it to Wexler, so Wexler really does not have any motivation to confront Tori too hard - because if she does, she risks Tori quitting therapy with her and just finding someone else. And there goes the $200+ per hour that she is raking in now, for doing virtually nothing. When you really think about, Tori is a psychologist's dream client - she isn't doing things like making constant suicide attempts- but she is super needy, doesn't really want to change, and is more than happy to just keep coming week after week, month after month, year after year. Its a sweet deal for Wexler for sure.

Edited by ChristmasJones
  • Love 10

Wexler has long since passed the stage when she was treating Tori. Early on, I am sure she felt that she believed she could provide actual treatment. But at some point, I am convinced that Wexler just decided that Tori has deeply entrenched personality problems, a lot of money, and since her services are billed by the hour, why not just sit down and enjoy the gravy train. It is pretty easy money to sit in a cushy office, nod your head, and validate someone's feelings.

Tori has money, she wants to give it to Wexler, so Wexler really does not have any motivation to confront Tori too hard - because if she does, she risks Tori quitting therapy with her and just finding someone else. And there goes the $200+ per hour that she is raking in now, for doing virtually nothing. When you really think about, Tori is a psychologist's dream client - she isn't doing things like making constant suicide attempts- but she is super needy, doesn't really want to change, and is more than happy to just keep coming week after week, month after month, year after year. Its a sweet deal for Wexler for sure.

Umm if Wexler is depending on Tori's payments then she needs to quit asap. As a therapist, therapy isn't suppose to be forever. Eventually therapy is suppose to give you the skills to survive on your own. Something that Wexler isn't doing. A therapist should put their clients needs first not their own.i don't even know how Wexler even deals with Tori. My gosh her constant whining, carrying on, needs. Multiple sessions a week. With no change at all. Gosh I can't it's a train wreck. I need a drink

• Love 2

I watch these episodes and shout at the TV.  Between being aghast at her behavior and ire believing we're all being played.  Are we really to believe she was in the hospital for THIRTEEN days for bronchitis/sinusitis? Or that after all that bullshit on the girls + Mehran weekend, she brings home a baby pig?  I feel like we've been manipulated a little too far.  

I feel for the kids first because they're innocent victims and Dean second but I'm not sure how much because I don't know how complicit he is to all the storylines.

• Love 1

The most disturbing part of this whole hospital thing was how OBVIOUS it was that Tori was not all that sick and was totally doing it for attention. If you're really that sick, you're not still putting on the fake eyelashes. I think Dean is right and Tori lives for the drama and needs to be center of attention. When she was crying about not being able to do that appearance, she was not sick. That cough was the fakest thing I ever heard.

Has anyone read the In Touch magazine interview with MaryJo yet? I want to go get that. MaryJo says that Tori needs rehab even more than Dean, and is a total hoarder.

• Love 5

Haven't seen the episode, but I keep reading about the piglet. Tori is just too damn dumb to share my oxygen.

Piggy, at 5 days old, likely didn't have his vaccs, yet and NEEDED to stay with the sow way more than that ignorant pig, Tori, NEEDED to use him as a deflection/punishment tool.

Yup, piggy was gonna be pork chops, along with the rest of his family. He was born specifically to do that job. Piggy had a job to do. Because of that fruit cake, Tori, his little life served zero purpose.

Well, I'm sure she expected saint hood and sympathy because her pig died for no reason and she tried so very hard... Tears. Cue the migraine.

• Love 8

Umm if Wexler is depending on Tori's payments then she needs to quit asap. As a therapist, therapy isn't suppose to be forever. Eventually therapy is suppose to give you the skills to survive on your own. Something that Wexler isn't doing. A therapist should put their clients needs first not their own.i don't even know how Wexler even deals with Tori. My gosh her constant whining, carrying on, needs. Multiple sessions a week. With no change at all. Gosh I can't it's a train wreck. I need a drink

Once upon a time, I saw a therapist. She was oddly softspoken like DWEX. She confused me with the way she... Behaved? Somebody upthread mentioned planting feelings. That finally gives me words for how I felt with that therapist. I had to argue with her that, NO, that's NOT how I feel. She honestly had me pissed when I left the first session and I wasn't going back.

I'd just left a very passive aggressive abusive relationship. I'd been mind fucked and told I wasn't really feeling what I thought I was. History was rewritten daily.

I did go back again. Thought maybe I was wrong. Nope. I left there pretty certain that she was more fucked in the head than me lol And I KNOW my abuser would've lapped up every bit of that victimization bullshit Dwex & my therapist puked out.

I think Tori is a passive aggresive/covert abuser and Dean is her victim. It is always the true victim of those people that come off looking like crazy assholes, while the abuser gets to play victim. They're that good.

So,

• Love 6

I have zero doubt that she has a serious rx problem. 

I was actually kind of hoping that someone would have screen capped and zoomed in on the R/X bottles when Dean opened his kitchen cabinets to show Wolf how much crap they have in the house. Anyone?

From what I've pieced together from reading the threads for previous eps, am I correct in assuming that Dean--while not exactly a bastion of sanity and virtue from the jump--has slowly become more rational and, for lack of a better phrase, sane over the course of this show?

Relatively speaking, I do think Dean has gotten better. He's taking his sobriety seriously and trying very hard to be the best husband and father he can be. Now would I say he's "sane" compared to any random person on the street? Eh, I wouldn't go that far. Yet, I suppose everyone has "issues" of some sort at various degrees of recognition, so maybe I'd give him a 50-50 shot of being the "sane" one in comparison. The hugest contributing factor of what makes Dean so rational and sane this season is because of how irrational and insane Tori has been this season! He just wants to legitmately do the "right" thing so he has been very rational thinking, "Ok, Tori told me she wants me to do X, so I'm going to do X." Then Tori will have a full-on meltdown, "Why did you do X?!? When everyone knows you should do Y!!!" And then he's just there trying to TALK to her like, "Wait, you said you wanted X, so I'm trying to be the best husband and father by doing X." And Tori: "Sob, sob, sob, scream, sob, scream!" And Dean ends up screaming back, "I can never do anything right! I give up!" [Walks out the door to yell at a producer or friend and tries to quit the show.] This happens like four times an episode, every episode.

Edited by JenE4
  • Love 4

Thanks, all.

What would Tori do without reality tv? How about get a job like the rest of us? She could design and plan children's birthday parties as a business. She could sell the shit in storage. She could go back to school and get a degree. Work for a florist or design cakes. She's not without options and let's not forget how many times Candy has bailed them out.

Thanks for this.  I agree.   Tori would and could do better than a lot of "regular" people.  She's sort of a celebrity and can coast on that for awhile, plus she can sell the stuff she has in storage.  There are a lot of things she could do with her life.  

• Love 1

More and more, I am thinking that she hasn't left (and won't leave) is because of all the dirt Dean has on her.  Not that I'm implying he would use it (not entirely sure he would - simply because he has shown himself to put the kids first at times), but she has got to understand how much worse it would look for her if her shit came out.   I have zero doubt that she has a serious rx problem.

Why do you say this? I know very little about pill addictions so I am very curious. She clearly has something very wrong going on.

My wise mother used to say " the weak rule the world" and it's true. Tori with her constant " I'm getting a migrane, just thinking about ( fill in the blank) gives me an anxiety attack, I need to go to urgent care" etc. her illnesses allow her to control everyone with impunity.

By the way ,she turned that girls weekend into the van of doom. She's a real bundle of joy isn't she?

• Love 3

Has anyone read the In Touch magazine interview with MaryJo yet? I want to go get that. MaryJo says that Tori needs rehab even more than Dean, and is a total hoarder.

No kidding!  I didn't see that in the supermarket checkout line yesterday.  I read the snippets from RadarOnline.  I'm surprised Mary Jo would sink to Tori's level like that unless she's sore about the way she was portrayed on the show.  I thought MJ was better than that.  :(  She can't chastise Tori and Dean for taking cheap shots at Jack while she's firing cannonballs over the bow back at them.  MJ signed the release for Jack to appear in the show (and has done so before).  Now MJ is sucked into this cycle of peddling every petty grievance to the tabloids.  I hope she learned her lesson, stay FAR away from Casa Spelling.

• Love 4