Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

6 minutes ago, rogvortex58 said:

I don’t think he forgives her. I think he merges with real Henry and feels the same love for Regina that he does. Kinda like how Emma described having both her own memories and Princess Emma’s memories.

Total cop out. But I’m used to it with this show.

Groan. Worse than I imagined.

• Love 2

If Emma actually has Princess Emma's memories, shouldn't she be in agony over the fate of Wish!Henry, who she remembers raising and loving? Not to mention Wish Snowing. Once she met Wish Hook again in 7.02 and realized that the Wish people were real, she should have been devastated on both counts. 

Honestly, whatever the show says, it really doesn't make emotional sense for the various fake memories that these characters have to have anything like the emotional resonance of their real memories. At the very least, even if they have technical knowledge of a past, it can't possibly be equivalent to lived experience. Or else, as I said, Emma is kind of terrible for not trying to get back to/save Wish Henry. Even if she only has muted memories, it would be pretty awful. 

• Love 3
(edited)

I'm having a major dilemma about watching the series finale live next week. I REALLY want to see Emma, OG Hook, their baby and Snowing. Those characters are the reason I watched 6 seasons of the show and I'd love to say a proper goodbye. But that's also why I don't want to watch. I REALLY don't want to see Emma and Snow kissing Regina's ass. Is there any chance the two of them get out of the finale unscathed? If not, I think I'm going to have to rely on Tumblr gifs and possibly You Tube clips of my faves. Seems a shame to miss the parts I want, but I just can't stomach the Regina-worship I suspect will be going on. 

On another note, anyone find it strange that they didn't include one frame of Emma from next week's show in the promo? They keep including the pic of her with the cupcake from the pilot, but using actual show footage for all the other returning guests. They may be trying to keep the baby a secret, but I can't imagine she's holding the baby the entire time she's on screen. I guess maybe they don't want to spoil the big coronation scene. I would think she is the biggest draw to get people watching next week, but what do I know.

Edited by Kktjones
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, companionenvy said:

If Emma actually has Princess Emma's memories, shouldn't she be in agony over the fate of Wish!Henry, who she remembers raising and loving? Not to mention Wish Snowing. Once she met Wish Hook again in 7.02 and realized that the Wish people were real, she should have been devastated on both counts. 

This is one of the many reasons why I hate Season 6. It does make Emma seem callous for abandoning Wish Henry. Even when she did not realize that he was "real", I have a hard time believing that Emma would have left him behind.  

2 minutes ago, Kktjones said:

On another note, anyone find it strange that they didn't include one frame of Emma from next week's show in the promo? 

Probably because she's literally just in one scene, and to use that in the promo would be to waste it.

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, Rumsy4 said:

Even when she did not realize that he was "real", I have a hard time believing that Emma would have left him behind.  

Especially after she risked taking Marian back to the future with her, not knowing who she was. In the very next episode, Emma was all for Regina taking Wish Robin back with her. K.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 3

The sadder thing about Emma and Wish!Henry is that Emma knows how it feels to grow up unwanted and unloved with no parents; it defines a lot of her character. She has essentially abandoned Wish!Henry to the same fate (maybe even worse- Wish!Henry has experiences with a loving family before it was snatched away from him on top of being thrown into the role of king as a teen). If the writers weren't too busy trying to absolve Regina of the deaths of Wish!Snowing by claiming that they weren't real (and only Wish!Snowing aren't real), Emma would probably react as her character would and get Wish!Henry, real or not.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, Domenicholas said:

The sadder thing about Emma and Wish!Henry is that Emma knows how it feels to grow up unwanted and unloved with no parents; it defines a lot of her character. She has essentially abandoned Wish!Henry to the same fate (maybe even worse- Wish!Henry has experiences with a loving family before it was snatched away from him on top of being thrown into the role of king as a teen). If the writers weren't too busy trying to absolve Regina of the deaths of Wish!Snowing by claiming that they weren't real (and only Wish!Snowing aren't real), Emma would probably react as her character would and get Wish!Henry, real or not.

It just makes you think about how interesting the Wish Realm could've been and of what moral dilemmas it could have created. It had so much potential.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, KingOfHearts said:

It just makes you think about how interesting the Wish Realm could've been and of what moral dilemmas it could have created. It had so much potential.

The very instant I realised they were trying to sell us an Emma raised by resourceful ex-bandit Snow and, a shepherd that stepped up to be a Prince that fought every one of those steps to be with the woman he loved (like taking on a dragon single handed), would grow up a sniveling imbecile, I  NEVER wanted to see/hear about Farce!Realm ever again. The vomit inducing image of Emma groveling at Regina's feet was THE most offensive they put on the screen.

And then A&E get all bitter about JMo leaving??!!!

They can take Farce!Realm and, if they are coronating the worthless bitch,  shove it and the crown up Regina's rear end where it belongs.

Yes...still bitter....!

• Love 13
(edited)

@PixiePaws1: The vomit inducing image of Emma groveling at Regina's feet was THE most offensive they put on the screen.

A&E in 7x22: Hold my beer

;)

(Not to be gloom and doom, but I don't think A&E will be able to resist one last chance for Emma to bow down to Regina. At a minimum expect a hug and some words of adulation.)

Edited by Kktjones
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, PixiePaws1 said:

The very instant I realised they were trying to sell us an Emma raised by resourceful ex-bandit Snow and, a shepherd that stepped up to be a Prince that fought every one of those steps to be with the woman he loved (like taking on a dragon single handed), would grow up a sniveling imbecile, I  NEVER wanted to see/hear about Farce!Realm ever again. The vomit inducing image of Emma groveling at Regina's feet was THE most offensive they put on the screen.

That scene broke my heart. I'm not even being melodramatic. It was genuinely distressing for me and I don't usually react that way to episodes of TV. I was shocked at how nasty the whole thing was, especially when I realised we were supposed to find it funny. As writers, Adam and Eddy are the perfect storm of incompetent and depraved. Something as open ended and fuzzy as a Wish Ream was always going to be gross and incoherent when put together by their hands. The one and only thing that would've gotten me to tune into S7 would've been them being replaced by someone with a soul.

I hope that with Snowing playing a fairly substantial role in part 2 of the finale that they're the ones kissing Regina's ring this time.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, october said:

I was shocked at how nasty the whole thing was, especially when I realised we were supposed to find it funny. As writers, Adam and Eddy are the perfect storm of incompetent and depraved.

There were three things in that episode I would classify as such. One was this scene. The second was Snowing falling sideways like puppets when Regina crushed their hearts. The third was Emma’s reaction to old fat Wish Hook. I was disgusted, and particularly because as you said, we were supposed to find them funny. 

In that set of episodes, A&E revealed their true agenda—that they would stomp on anything to elevate their pet Regina. Incidentally, the only main character to escape from humiliating treatment in those Wish Realm episodes was Rumple. 

• Love 9
8 hours ago, Rumsy4 said:

The third was Emma’s reaction to old fat Wish Hook.

I honestly think Emma’s reaction had far more to do with JMo trying not to laugh at Colin’s antics than anything on the page necessarily. Apparently he fell During the scene and had to get up with the weighted paunch belly. ? she said she almost peed her pants laughing.

22 minutes ago, daxx said:

I honestly think Emma’s reaction had far more to do with JMo trying not to laugh at Colin’s antics than anything on the page necessarily. Apparently he fell During the scene and had to get up with the weighted paunch belly. ? she said she almost peed her pants laughing.

It was more Emma's embarrassment in admitting to Wish August that she "sort of" lived with Hook in her reality. Then, there was the thing about putting him on a diet. The whole thing rubbed me the wrong way.

But I did enjoy reading the behind-the-screen stuff with Colin and JMO. hehe

• Love 6
(edited)

What I find really BS about the wish realm in S6. Regina doesn’t care she killed WSnowing because they weren’t real. But she bungles her and Emma getting home just to chase after a not real version of Robin? Something is only worth caring about when it helps her? Typical.

Meanwhile Emma is left to do all the work with Pinocchio to get them back. So who really ended up saving who in that disaster of a two parter? I mean, nothing Regina did made any difference. Killing WSnowing didn’t bring back Emma. And freeing WRumple did nothing because she ended up wasting the bean he gave them. Now he’s out. And she has to clean up another mess she made.

And let’s not overlook her giving the idea to Drizella to cast the curse in the first place. Maybe all this could have been avoided if she’d just stayed home, or left with Emma and Killian. Bad for Storybrooke? Maybe. But better for everyone else.

Edited by rogvortex58
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, Camera One said:

Likewise, it would have been interesting to see what Wish Regina was up to after her defeat.  

There were some spoiler pictures of the Evil Queen in Storybrooke. I'm wondering if that's Clone Queen or Wish Queen. Initially, I assumed Robin's return meant it was Clone Queen and Wish Robin, but Lana has since clarified that it's the "original" Robin Hood. So, who knows? 

Well it’ll be interesting to see if he’s ripped to shreds the way Jen was when she spoiled Hope. Just kidding, he won’t be. 

(Nor should he. Jen has just gotten the short end of the stick with this fandom forever and it’s been annoying every time.)

• Love 2

Someone had the idea that this post was scheduled for US time after the episode aired, but since he is in Ireland right now, his Instagram went with that timezone and posted it. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Rumsy4 said:

Someone had the idea that this post was scheduled for US time after the episode aired, but since he is in Ireland right now, his Instagram went with that timezone and posted it. 

oops2.gif

• Love 2
(edited)

I don't expect much from tonight. We'll see Storybrooke and all the old main characters, and that'll be about it. It probably won't be the worse thing ever, but it won't be much to write home about. Regina's coronation will most likely be the more infuriating part of the episode. Even if it doesn't go out with a bang, I'll still be grateful the series finale wasn't 6x22.

P.S. I couldn't care less about Rumpbelle's happy ending. I'm just glad Rumple's finally dead.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 4

Folks, it's been a delight to be on this ride for you for the past four years. We've had some good times, we've had some not so good times - but through it all, you always made me giggle at the end of the day. We'll obviously still be around once the finale has aired (I hear there's a rewatch afoot? ;) ), but since there will no longer be any true spoilers, this topic will lock at 9:00pm Eastern Time this evening after the episode airs.

Til the next time we meet...

tumblr_inline_p8s42xSf641rzwcy1_500.gif.1c19ff9a41e18aad3db4fbcb1cd28e1e.gif

(I could never resist that man's eyebrows...)

a1702a80-3755-11e7-a05f-9dd96cffb4e5_The-Charmings-Family-once-upon-a-time-38669.gif.4ea5102265b167e9f56359774f05dfee.gif

• Love 12