Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

The writers don't seem to give a flip about Wonderland continuity, but then they bring back that random asylum doctor. Okay then. With everything they've done so far, I would be satisfied with Wonderland being a separate canon entirely.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 1

They also have the barge that includes a recreated part of the ship that they can use. I'm not sure why they had it on hand to film with Belle and Hook since there were just some scenes on the deck. I would think they would have it come up for filming if they plan on taking it out on the water or really getting some good wide shots of it so who knows what their plan is right now.

• Love 1

“Snow’s history with Regina comes back to haunt her and Charming,” co-showrunner Adam Horowitz tells TVLine, “as a plan set in motion years ago by the Evil Queen comes to dangerous fruition in present-day Storybrooke.”

Does anyone else smell retcon incoming or is that just me?

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, mjgchick said:

Oh so now Snow and Charming did something wrong to the mass murdering rapist now? Ok I can watch YT clips instead.

No, it says Regina did something wrong, or was planning to do something wrong, was stopped, but now the split Evil Queen is going to carry whatever that plan was to fruition.  This is yet another improbable, if not downright impossible, retcon to the Snow & Charming vs. EQ Regina period in the past.  I am so freaking sick of that era, we really should have seen the last of it in Season 2.  That well has dried up, stop returning to it.

Edited by Mathius
  • Love 3
10 minutes ago, Rumsy4 said:

Strange Case bts pictures for Jolly Roger filming.

Aww man. Robert cut his Rumple hair!! Emilie may be wearing her skimpiest dress on the show yet. Maybe that is supposed to be a nightgown, which would confirm the theory that she is living in the JR. Couldn't Belle stay with the fairies or something? Why is she involving Killian in this? It's not like he can really keep Rumple from her. It will most likely be of a case where Rumple won't force Belle to leave the JR, but will take all his anger out on Killian for "stealing" away another of his objects wives. 

It looks like Belle is on the break-up part of the Rumbelle life-cycle. There's no way Rumple is going to let Belle keep him away from his child once it is born.

I do think the Captain Book friendship will be a nice C plot for Killian and Belle if it is allowed to develop properly in S6.

Edited by Rumsy4
Just now, Rumsy4 said:

Filming spoilers on the scene.

I don't know if that person meant Hyde when they wrote Jekyll. Looks like this scene might be the transition to reveal the backstory on Jekyll/Hyde's history with Rumple. 

“Snow’s history with Regina comes back to haunt her and Charming,” co-showrunner Adam Horowitz tells TVLine, “as a plan set in motion years ago by the Evil Queen comes to dangerous fruition in present-day Storybrooke.”

In addition to the Poisoned Apple, there was also the Poisoned Comb and the Tight Lace Bodice.  So maybe Snow is tricked into going to a costume fitting with The Evil Hag.  But Emma picks up the Comb by mistake, and voila, sleeping curse redux.  Now the entire Charming family can spend their dreams together.

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Rumsy4 said:

Aww man. Robert cut his Rumple hair!!

Yeah,  if he was filming Trainsporting 2 over hiatus, his Begbie short cut wouldn't have time to grow out. I hope he leaves it that way - I haven't ever been a big fan of the long locks. 

As to the rest of it,  these BTS pis so rarely turn out to match the speculation, it's almost not worth speculating at all. 

The pregnant lady with the mighty powerful exhusband living alone in an old ship is probably the worst idea ever. If it's true, it's impossible that this ends well for Belle, for Hook and for the ship.

And really, every new spoiler makes season 6 more and more similar of season 4, now with Hook, once more, in the middle of the Rumbelle drama and apart from the main story.

I was looking at Tumblr, and it seems like the filming in the Lady Washington was Jeckell-focused, with Jeckell apparently chasing Belle. A person on set (who couldn't see the action, but did hear some lines) says Belle yells "Rumpel, lift the spell" at one point, then Hook tackles Jeckell. . 

Which I guess begs the question. What's up with Jekyll? The darkness he thought he removed with the serum not entirely gone? Are his actions being controlled by a 3rd party? Are he and Hyde back to being one and Hyde has taken over Jekyll?

I actually have a question because I'm trying to understand how this works. I know, it's a waste of time.

We know that Hyde has Jekyll's memories because A&E said that the EQ has Regina's memories, so I'm assuming the same goes for the other pair. Did Rumple do something to Jekyll and now that Hyde is out of Jekyll he remembers what Rumple did and that's why he hates him?

This all sounds so very weird. 

Rumple has a history with Jekyll/Hyde. In fact, I think Rumple is the reason why the original Jekyll/Hyde split went horribly wrong. Now that Hyde is in Storybrooke, Jekyll going after Belle could be about him trying to get something from Rumple to defeat Hyde. And of course Belle ends up in the middle of that conflict. 

I wonder if Rumple placed a spell on Belle that prevents her from defending herself from Jekyll. It may be his way of keeping tabs on her when she's living in the JR.

17 minutes ago, Rumsy4 said:

I wonder if Rumple placed a spell on Belle that prevents her from defending herself from Jekyll. It may be his way of keeping tabs on her when she's living in the JR.

That would be terrible especially since 

• she's pregnant. So it's not just her anymore that she has to think about.
  • and he knows he has enemies that will not hesitate to harm her, see Hook in season 2. He went after her because she was the best way to get to him.
  • Love 1
32 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

she's pregnant. So it's not just her anymore that she has to think about.

Is Belle going to be pregnant, though?  Eddy made a comment in a S6 interview with Popsugar a couple weeks ago where he and Adam talk about how Emilie has had get baby so she can be out of the box pretty quickly, but, "the box could be pregnant." That's probably a #nospoiler, but I wouldn't be surprised is the Golden Bun is tucked away somewhere other than Belle's abdomen, either to protect it or because it's been fetus-napped. 

17 minutes ago, Curio said:

I'm more curious as to why Rumple suddenly decided to get a new haircut

That may just be because it's a BTS pic. I saw one report that he wigged up to his normal Rumpel hair before filming

Sadly, many people have used Belle as a pawn to get at Rumple. Rumple himself has used her as a pawn many times. Her association with Rumple has always been dangerous one way or the other. But with a baby in tow, the situation is more fraught.

23 minutes ago, Amerilla said:

Is Belle going to be pregnant, though?  Eddy made a comment in a S6 interview with Popsugar a couple weeks ago where he and Adam talk about how Emilie has had get baby so she can be out of the box pretty quickly, but, "the box could be pregnant." That's probably a #nospoiler, but I wouldn't be surprised is the Golden Bun is tucked away somewhere other than Belle's abdomen, either to protect it or because it's been fetus-napped. 

That would be horrible, but a typical twist to the story. lol

20 minutes ago, Amerilla said:

That's such a massive no. They could have come up with another story that wasn't Belle being pregnant if Pandora is the one who is ending up knocked up. 

These writers are so chicken. Do it, or don't do it at all.

I saw on other sites from people who were watching filming in Steveston yesterday that he was filming with the short hair. He wore a wig for some filming of 6-1 but, apparently, they have ditched it, at least for scenes in present time. Maybe the combination of everyone telling RC how great he looks with short hair and the hassle of wearing a wig convinced him to let go of the long hair. He was having more bad hair days than good ones.

A boxed-baby-snatching story line would give Rumple a second chance to get it right in his quest to find his child. If Jafar is the snatcher so much the better. Oded Fehr and Robert Carlyle would be entertaining to watch. That is much preferable to a cloying storyline wherein Belle is the fragile, pampered pregnant lady while Rumple rubs her tummy and serves her herbal tea and digestive biscuits.

4 minutes ago, orza said:

Oded Fehr and Robert Carlyle would be entertaining to watch.

This is the villainous duo I've been waiting seasons for. Screw the monotonous Evil Queen shenanigans, I want to see some spoilers of Rumple and Jafar filming together.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Curio said:

This is the villainous duo I've been waiting seasons for. Screw the monotonous Evil Queen shenanigans, I want to see some spoilers of Rumple and Jafar filming together.

I'm hopeful. Robert Carlyle is always paired up with the major guest star of the season for his main story line.

1 hour ago, Curio said:

I'm more curious as to why Rumple suddenly decided to get a new haircut.

It's probably the price of magic that he paid.  If he sacrificed his hair for his baby, we will know for sure he's truly good deep down.  

• Love 2

I wouldn't be surprised is the Golden Bun is tucked away somewhere other than Belle's abdomen, either to protect it or because it's been fetus-napped. 

Maybe Belle ate some onion rings? Then they put the baby in the box to "protect" it and Rumpel will continue giving sad monologues to the box about how he's going to be a better man all while running around planning to kill everyone and take over the world.

Maybe Jekyll is after Belle because in a super surprise twist, Jekyll is actually the secretly evil one in the Hyde/Jekyll duo. He needs the cry of the Dark One's child to cast a spell that opens up an alternate dimension. The heroes spend 20 episodes doing nothing that will stop him until his plans all come to fruition in the exciting S6 finale.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Amerilla said:

Is Belle going to be pregnant, though?  Eddy made a comment in a S6 interview with Popsugar a couple weeks ago where he and Adam talk about how Emilie has had get baby so she can be out of the box pretty quickly, but, "the box could be pregnant."

I know I complain regularly about how bad A&E are with math, but this is going above and beyond.  

That kind of sounds like it hadn't occurred to them that EDR would stop being pregnant in short order, so they didn't need to have Belle pregnant with Damien,  they only needed to come up with a plan to give her a few shows off for maternity leave.  

• Love 2

I think Jekyll and Hyde are the second string villains this season. Their story may be done after half a dozen episodes. Jafar is probably the real big bad because Oded Fehr is the big name star of the season.

That kind of sounds like it hadn't occurred to them that EDR would stop being pregnant in short order, so they didn't need to have Belle pregnant with Damien,  they only needed to come up with a plan to give her a few shows off for maternity leave.  

Of course they knew when Emilie would stop being pregnant soon. Belle having a baby gives her something to do or an excuse why she is not on screen because she is at home feeling unwell or taking care of the baby or running her shiny new daycare or something. As long as Rumple gets his own story line and is not dragged into her baby story line too much I'm fine with it.

• Love 1

Maybe Jekyll is after Belle because in a super surprise twist, Jekyll is actually the secretly evil one in the Hyde/Jekyll duo. 

I've thought this since they first appeared onscreen. I don't think you hire Sam Witwer to be a one-season villain. I think he's secretly good, and I also think he will be Regina's True Love. (Because Robin was just her "soulmate." Not her "true love.")

• Love 3

I've thought this since they first appeared onscreen. I don't think you hire Sam Witwer to be a one-season villain. I think he's secretly good, and I also think he will be Regina's True Love. (Because Robin was just her "soulmate." Not her "true love.")

Replying in Relationships.

11 hours ago, Mari said:

It's really sad that A&E are so ham-fisted at plotting that you really can't tell if they planned to have Belle pregnant in S5b anyway, or it was a last-mute add based on Emilie's actual pregnancy. I lean towards it being something that was already in the works as a storyline, with only the details changing to accommodate her maternity leave. Belle's story is always about Rumpel, and closing out Rumpel's story over the next season or so pretty much requires a child. Even if it's only for his last moments, they'll "redeem" him in the end, and since the choosing his power over Baelfire was what set off the long march to the Curse, making the opposite choice with a Do-Over is his logical end point. Even for this show.

And really, the normal glacial pace of the story doesn't allow for "normal" pregnancy. Since there's no sign there's going to be a time-jump like they did in 3b to speed through all but the last week of Snow's pregnancy, you almost have to do something like Magical Onion Rings or a Pregnant Box just to hurry things along. I'm sure Emilie would be happy if she doesn't have to spend the next two seasons wearing a fake belly, like she did on Lost. 

• Love 1

The E in A&E said there would be a time jump during the season. It's not like they have a choice since this could be their last season, and they will need to wrap up the pregnancy plot at least.

On the one hand, I get why they wrote the pregnancy late in the season. They probably had 4-5 episodes down by the time they found out. And the Camelot plot was full of stuff that didn't even get resolved in the first place. I just can't express how annoyed I am at the whole thing. They had weeks to think about how to write it, and the best they came up with was a contact that got torn like 4 episodes later, and Belle stuffed in a damn box.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Amerilla said:

It's really sad that A&E are so ham-fisted at plotting that you really can't tell if they planned to have Belle pregnant in S5B.

I'm sure Emilie would be happy if she doesn't have to spend the next two seasons wearing a fake belly, like she did on Lost. 

It probably was planned at some point for Rumpke and Belle, and it didn't register with them how tucked on and contrived the timing would look.  It might have worked out better to have Belle disappear into the Regular world for a while (for EDR's maternity leave) then come back to get pregnant.  

Poor woman doesn't deserve that again.

However, the Lost connection wouldn't stop  A&E.  How many Lost references have they tucked in because they think it's the most clever thing ever?

Edited by Mari
Um...I forgot to delete the half sentence I restarted.
  • Love 2

Was it EVER doubted that Jekyll would go bad? Given that the message is "you can't actually remove the darkness from you" and that's the obvious lesson Regina has to learn, then they had to do this with Jekyll because otherwise there's a double standard at work.  And as I said before, delving into the dark side of Jekyll's psyche WITHOUT the convenient scapegoat alter-ego is actually an interesting idea.  Doubt it will be done justice, but it's still a good idea all the same.

Also, Hook menaced Belle on this ship back in 2x11, now he's getting to redeem himself by fighting off someone doing the same. Love it!

• Love 2
21 minutes ago, Mathius said:

Was it EVER doubted that Jekyll would go bad? Given that the message is "you can't actually remove the darkness from you" and that's the obvious lesson Regina has to learn, then they had to do this with Jekyll because otherwise there's a double standard at work.  And as I said before, delving into the dark side of Jekyll's psyche WITHOUT the convenient scapegoat alter-ego is actually an interesting idea.  Doubt it will be done justice, but it's still a good idea all the same.

It goes against the idea that Snowing were able to artificially excised the Darkness from fetus!Emma and put it in Lily. Of course the concept of 4B never made any sense. 

If the lesson Regina has to learn is that she can't remove the Darkness from within her, then she'll continue to have Dark impulses and hate doing the right thing. I suspect though that just like the concept of 4B was a confused illogical mess, the split person thing will end up being the same. I'm going to bet right now that the two conflicting messages will be that Regina can't separate the Darkness from herself and will have to subsume her evil persona. But at the same time, nothing Regina does as the EQ-split will be held against her, because it "wasn't really her". 

Also, Hook menaced Belle on this ship back in 2x11, now he's getting to redeem himself by fighting off someone doing the same. Love it!

Hook is the only former villain of the main trio who has had to pay back or make up for every single wrong he's ever done.

• Love 2

It goes against the idea that Snowing were able to artificially excised the Darkness from fetus!Emma and put it in Lily. Of course the concept of 4B never made any sense. 

That's interesting. I never made the connection that Snowing did nearly the same thing to Emma. Lily is basically Split!Emma. I know it's not very relevant, but the Jekyll/Hyde/Duo/Split thing was sort of done in 3B with Rumple/Neal. Two different people, same body. I do actually wonder if Jekyll and Hyde are really the same person.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 1

I  think it is likely that Jekyll will go mad because of the loss if half his ...for wsnt of a better word...psyche. Because he was split first Regina will assume it is only a matter of time before she cracks up tooo...but the EQ being all ego ..and a sociopath already will be fine and happy with letting Regina fall into madness and not want to remerge. 

That's my take on why Jekyll seems to threaten Belle.....or maybe Hyde is blackmailing him into it...

• Love 1
36 minutes ago, Rumsy4 said:

If the lesson Regina has to learn is that she can't remove the Darkness from within her, then she'll continue to have Dark impulses and hate doing the right thing. I suspect though that just like the concept of 4B was a confused illogical mess, the split person thing will end up being the same. I'm going to bet right now that the two conflicting messages will be that Regina can't separate the Darkness from herself and will have to subsume her evil persona. But at the same time, nothing Regina does as the EQ-split will be held against her, because it "wasn't really her". 

But even at that, it seemed to be completely futile. Emma raised herself, and she has her own brand of darkness going on. She's as grey as they come. Her being labeled the Savior doesn't make her 100% white.

The EQ lost her conscience when she was split from Regina (which is such a fml comment), the balance for all these characters is gone. There's no more yin/yang going on with all parties involved.

• Love 2

The EQ lost her conscience when she was split from Regina (which is such a fml comment), the balance for all these characters is gone. There's no more yin/yang going on with all parties involved.

But she has the capacity to love Henry, so who knows. Regina will probably continue to call pregnant women fat or make fun of handicaps. That's the only way A&E know how to write her character.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 3
10 minutes ago, KingOfHearts said:

But she has the capacity to love Henry, so who knows. Regina will probably continue to call pregnant women fat or make fun of handicaps. That's the only way A&E know how to write her character.

I get really angry about the whole she has the capacity to love Henry. The writers refuse to do the difficult thing. 

It would have been okay if the worst version of the EQ could not stand Henry, and blamed him for the entire curse being broken. 

• Love 7

“We’re going to see Henry back in operation with Emma,” EP Edward Kitsis says.

Are these operations also going to take place 90% off screen like Operations Light Swan and Firebird?

• Love 2

I love that Henry is old enough for a girlfriend, but still gives names to "operations". It's really not all that cute anymore.

If this is anything like Firebird which had nothing to do with anything in the end, then no thanks!

• Love 1

Henry's "operations" are just tasks he forces the adults to do for him now. Operation Light Swan? All Hook. Operation Firebird? It was basically all the adults facing their dead relatives. What exactly did Henry do in all of this?

Edited by Curio
  • Love 2

He wrote a bunch of stories in the last possible moment and started handing them out to a few people but didn't have enough time.  So what a total fail.  And then they all ran out of there to save their own skins.  What type of "heroic" story is this anyway?

• Love 3

And yes, that does mean there’s a new operation name! “It will be revealed in the premiere,” EP Adam Horowitz says.

See, this is actually the only thing they care about.  Giving the operation a "cool" name.  

Ask and you shall receive! “We’re going to see Henry back in operation with Emma,” EP Edward Kitsis says. And yes, that does mean there’s a new operation name! “It will be revealed in the premiere,” EP Adam Horowitz says.

... and absolutely no flips were given. The end.

Gotta love that they've been back filming for over a month and the best the tv sites can do is...Henry will have another mission.  Wow.  Huge Spoiler.  

Just shows you how underwhelming the hype is for S6. If you told me a couple seasons ago that what could be the last season is featuring what we know it will be, I would be super disappointed. I thought it would be a better bookend than "Omg! The Evil Queen is back!"

Edited by KingOfHearts