Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E12: Ben Stiller, Ricky Gervais, Rebel Wilson, Danny Dyer, Jamie Foxx, Cameron Diaz, Usher

• Start Topic

On Graham's sofa for a bumper festive edition of the show are Hollywood stars Ben Stiller, Ricky Gervais and Rebel Wilson, appearing in new film Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb. Plus Jamie Foxx and Cameron Diaz from the upcoming remake of Annie, hard man of the Queen Vic, EastEnders' Danny Dyer and music and chat from the fabulous Usher.

Usher's hat. Sigh.

Annie looks horrible. Good thing Quvenzhane is young enough to have a career afterwards.

I could have stood to have more of Gervais and Wilson, especially since Diaz was the tradeoff.

• Love 1

What was up with Ricky's fangs? Just bad British dentistry?

Why was Rebel's dress so tight? She looked uncomfortable.

Normally, I don't like Ben Stiller, but I think he makes a good guest.

I turned it off after they left. I don't care for Jamie Foxx, and after Cameron Diaz's tirade about shaved vaginas the last time I saw her on this show, I have no desire to see her again.

They talked about Rebel's character kissing Ben's caveman character, so they did have scenes together, aside from the regular Ben guard character. I don't know about Ricky, but Ben seems the total opposite of a lot of funny characters he plays. He's more reserved and thoughtful, imo. 

I believe Ricky has commented on his own teeth before (maybe not on this show). I can't remember what he said, but I'm sure he doesn't think it was necessary to change them. Patricia Arquette has similar teeth, and in an interview she said she decided long ago not to change them because it's good to have flaws, esp for acting.

Usher's hat. Sigh.

Pharrell can pull that off. Usher can't. 

Loved all the pics of animals in their Christmas jumpers. The bunny was sooooo cute, and the snake one made me giggle.

I liked the idea of the bit when Jamie, Cameron, and Usher read the Cockney, but they screwed it up. After reading the Cockney as it should be said, they then said it in their regular voices. I thought that took the fun out of it.

Ricky's rap name of Warm-T/Tea was clever, as was Ben's B Still.

I always love Graham's Christmas trees.

• Love 2

Wow, not a good episode at all, despite Graham's best efforts.

I was shocked at how limp and mumbly Rebel Wilson was, and what few humorous comments she did make were all invariably really crude. I think she can be a bright, funny performer in small doses (I'm not a fan, but I think she has charisma), but here she was just terrible -- uninteresting, crude and uninvolved in the ongoing discussions. I hated her.

Second place for awful couchmate was Usher, who just sat there and smirked, and whose sense of entitlement was just odious. I always want to like him more than I do, because I think he's charismatic and he has this cute, little-kid face. But then he speaks. Sigh.

I thought Diaz was her usual unfiltered self -- okay if not great, and that Stiller and Gervais came across the best. But wow. Terrible terrible couch and episode.

And Annie looks horrendous. I hope poor Charles Strouse got some good royalties anyway because, man.

Second place for awful couchmate was Usher, who just sat there and smirked, and whose sense of entitlement was just odious. I always want to like him more than I do, because I think he's charismatic and he has this cute, little-kid face. But then he speaks.

Usher unleashed upon the world The Bieber and for that he shall never be forgiven.

• Love 2