Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E11: Shattered Sight

• Start Topic

Now, how does one deal with the things Henry said and will they ever be addressed.  I get that the curse is supposed to bring out the "worst" in people (still scratching my head on this one), it seems it brought up buried resentment over certain things.  David bringing up Whale's name regarding Baby Do Over and David is apparently frugal when it comes to money and Regina still harbors some sort of resentment regarding what happened to Daniel, just like Snow resents her for not accepting that she was just a child when things happened and Kristoff has issues with his wedding being postponed and Will hates that Hook gave him a shiner.

This is all resentment, things that they don't necessarily talk about anymore or seldom, but it still exists.  So now Emma is in this new relationship that she rubs in Regina's face to get her to hate her while Henry is telling Hook that he doesn't like him and likes him even less now that he is with his mother.

Of course this would be addressed later, because of ANGST!! The fact that Regina wanted to kill baby-do-over would be forgoten ("It was the curse talking, not her"), but Henry not liking Hook (even if last season he thought he was cool and wanted to go sailing with him), of course it would come back.

Edited by RadioGirl27

I have to second the kudos to Elizabeth Mitchell. Being an unreformed Lostie, I immediately thought of Mr. Eko walking hand in hand with brother Yemi when Ingrid was reunited with her sisters. Sniff.

I agree with many of the nitpicks already highlighted, but especially didn't like Anna knocking out her fiancee. Because that may or may not be lethal or cause brain damage, but why would you take a chance with someone you care about? That and laughing it up with the person who just threatened your second newborn just irritates.

• Love 1

The fact that Regina wanted to kill baby-do-over would be forgoten ("It was the curse talking, not her")

To be fair, she wanted to take him, not kill him.  Regina has an unhealthy obsession with wanting to mother little boys.  All the children that came through her life are boys, except for Snow and Gretel.

I immediately thought of Mr. Eko walking hand in hand with brother Yemi when Ingrid was reunited with her sisters.

It's only 8 am and now I won't be able to get through my day because of Mr. Eko walking hand in hand with his brother.  Now I'm also remembering how Jin and Sun and Charlie died.  Thanks for ruining my day...my week!

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 1

As anticlimactic as the resolution of the Shattered Sight curse was, I actually found the Snow Queen's death to be somewhat affecting. I got a little teary and everything. I blame Elizabeth Mitchell.

Also, Regina welcome back! Please be evil all the time. You're so, so good at it. And did anyone else thing Regina's post-curse "What the hell am I wearing?" was ad-libbed? It wasn't that funny, but they way everyone cracked up at it made me think it was the actors getting a little loopy, rather than the characters actually reacting.

I haven't been a fan of Elizabeth Mitchell in the past.  I found her performances to be terribly wooden on both Revolution and V.  But her portrayal of the Snow Queen has been absolutely riveting and superb.  She was crazy and vulnerable and emotionally stunted.  That last scene where Ingrid was holding Gerda's scroll and realized that her sister loved her was heartbreakingly touching.  Then her happy self-destruction in order to save the townspeople from her own evil spell was the perfect resolution to her story.

I even found Regina tolerable in this episode.  The Evil Queen has always been OTT.  When the curse broke and she says "what am I wearing" (again) made me laugh.

I really, really cannot stand GoldRumple.  If he kills Hook and gets away with his machinations, then I am done with this show.  I want GoldRumple to leave - and take Belle and Henry with him.

Best line for me:  David's jeer to Kristof about selling ice in a land that's all frozen.

I will miss the Frozen characters.  Their likeability made up for the unbelievable coincidences that fueled their entire story arc, culminating with Anna finding her mother's bottled-up scroll just in time to sway the SQ and save everyone.

If Hook wasn't affected by the curse because he didn't have his heart, why on earth didn't Regina just start pulling hearts out and storing them in her vault while waiting for the slowest curse ever? At the very least she could have removed her own.

I think Rumple also mentioned the heart was with him in the shop, which had some kind of protection spell, so all of the hearts would have had to have been with Rumple to not be affected.

Regina made little sense during this episode. She forgot she locked herself up in a vault but she remembers everything about Marian? Emma really should have made sure that Regina was contained before she ran off. Regina thankfully decided to pursue her and to not use magic against Snow. Things could have gotten really ugly.

I can't believe they made Belle sleep through the entire curse. Does sleeping really protect you from the curse or was Rumple hoping that once they left Storybrooke, the curse would break? They really go to extreme lengths to keep Belle uninformed, don't they? Rumple can happily traipse around the shop doing evil with no fear of her finding out - and if she does, he'll just take her memory away. Sounds like a perfectly healthy relationship.

Why did it seem like the middle of the night when Kristoff and Anna were on the beach (a dark and foggy night) but the rumble on Main Street (both before and after) occurred during daylight? I hope the tide doesn't come in and drown Kristoff before he wakes up.

Emma's and Elsa's memories fit in stones (hidden in carrot sorbet - hee), but the entire kingdom's happy memories about Helga and Ingrid fit in a pebble attached to a scroll? That's kind of sad. But it made the Snow Queen happy and she redeemed  herself. Too bad she had to die. They should let a villain of the half-season live one of these days.

So it is still a mystery that Rumple has Hook's heart. Are they ever going to figure that out? Or will they just stumble upon Rumple's plan while out for a walk? Maybe Will continues to be the exposition fairy this season (he's the only one who noticed something was hinky about the Snow Queen after she lived in the two for 13 years and he clued in Robin that there is a place to do research if he actually wanted to be useful for once). Maybe they had him go after Hook so the he can notice that he wasn't effected by the spell and remember that happened to him when he had no heart. Of course, he then got a major head injury crashing against the wall so maybe he won't remember the previous 2 minutes to that event. Convenient.

Robin wasn't seen. Any chance the tree he tied himself is so remote that nobody will ever find him to set him free? Triangle resolved.

Why did the Snow Queen think that Emma's magic would protect them from a car when she herself completely lost her magic in the World Without Magic? The Snow Queen actually did very well for herself. After leaving the Fortune Teller, she has only her dress and her earrings left to make a go of it in a new world she knows nothing about. Fourteen years later she has a big house and is an awesome Foster mom who actually connects with a very troubled Emma.

ETA - Deleted Scene with Snow Queen and Mayor Mills meet....that ending of that scene...some explanations. Elizabeth Mitchell sure knows how to put a chill into a scene.

Edited by kili

So they keep bringing up Harry Potter in the Emma flashbacks, is that supposed to be significant?  I mean I can see the parallels between Emma and Harry in a way, both orphaned, both in a family/families that did not care for them, both have magic, both lonely, both are the Savior in their univeres.  So is Rumple supposed to be Emma's Voldemort? 

Also, Ingrid calling Harry Potter fiction?  Coming from a woman with freezing powers who comes from a world with magic, just froze an entire land, who walked through a door into a new land, is seeking her magical sister, knows about a curse and Storybrooke is calling Harry Potter fiction...

Mind officially blown.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 2

I was talking more about the mental gymnastics that are going to be required to twist a non-curse-whammied Emma realizing that the person in Storybrooke who hated her more than anyone was Regina into some kind of declaration of love. 

They are vaulting and doing flips like Olympians. Emma was just using Hook to make Regina jealous because she's really in love with her, so it's proof they're endgame. For serious. I kid not.

I don't know yet about this episode. There were some really good lines in it, and Elizabeth Mitchell was the best villain they ever had, but the Curse of Shattered Sight seemed somehow wasted. I didn't really like the Snowing bickering. It didn't really ring true. When Anna was under the curse, she said cutting things, but things that were perfectly in character for her - she didn't blame Elsa for freezing her, but for ignoring her all those years. But since when does Snow care that David isn't born royalty? Why would Charming secretly think she runs away from everything, when she's usually more likely to run into trouble? It felt just like bickering for the sake of bickering, not dark truths and secret emotions they would try to suppress.

Oh, and while I personally adored Snow saying she's not sorry about killing Cora - because I'm convinced she has no reason to be - it doesn't match with the reaction we've seen from her after the fact. Snow was devastated, so unless not being sorry was so deeply buried she didn't notice herself, I can't believe that one either.

• Love 3

When did Regina threaten to kill the baby? She said she was going to, "take the baby.". Considering her history of wanting a kid, that seems about right.

I was beginning to consider rewatching the episode because I also don't remember her threatening to actively harm the baby, unless her taking notice of him is considered a threat in and of itself. Maybe I walked out of the room or something (it's possible) but I don't remember her threatening to hurt Snowflake.

Edited by shipperx
  • Love 1

That letter was the biggest deus ex machina I have ever seen.

It was actually better than most of the other deus ex machinas they've used in the past. With this one, they at least introduced the message in a bottle in the first episode of Season 4, so the audience was anticipating "Chekhov's Gun" to make a reappearance. It's not like they pulled a magical item out of their ass that we've never even heard of before to solve a problem at the last second (See: The Black Fairy's wand in 3.11).

• Love 2

When did Regina threaten to kill the baby? She said she was going to, "take the baby.". Considering her history of wanting a kid, that seems about right.

I was beginning to consider rewatching the episode because I also don't remember her threatening to actively harm the baby, unless her taking notice of him is considered a threat in and of itself. Maybe I walked out of the room or something (it's possible) but I don't remember her threatening to hurt Snowflake.

I think it's in the context and phrasing. Regina said something like killing Snow would be too good for her. Instead she's "take the thing she loves most" just like Snow did to her when she "took Daniel from her (Regina)". And since Daniel died and wasn't just physically removed, it's easy to draw the parallel that "taking" the baby meant killing it too.

• Love 9

Unpopular opinion but I watched the episode and I did like the EV even if the acting was over the top the episode call for this kind of acting.

But if I compare Rumple arc and Regina arc I so much more like Rumple evil than the soapy Regina got that I'm beginning to really consider that the killed the bold and delicious mass murderer will the real bold writing because the only potential for her character seems ;one day she reverse back to her EQ self for the next save the day again and again, OQ break off again because suddenly the honorable Robin return back to her defroze wife.

Its getting boring very fast, I will have love Regina sacrifice instead of SQ actually

I dislike the old knock someone out with a bottle trope but didn't Kristoff fall over so prettily?
That deleted scene was fine until we saw Dopey behind the counter. Huh? However, it was cute seeing him catching snowflakes on his tongue at the end. (That sentence could have sounded really wrong.)
What bothered me the most about Evil Queen Regina's performance was calling Snow Mary Margaret. They didn't have to confuse us with intermittent amnesia. I did like the contrast of seeing an Evil Queen outfit in the sheriff's office. How do you walk in that? 

I think it's in the context and phrasing. Regina said something like killing Snow would be too good for her. Instead she's "take the thing she loves most" just like Snow did to her when she "took Daniel from her (Regina)". And since Daniel died and wasn't just physically removed, it's easy to draw the parallel that "taking" the baby meant killing it too.

This is exactly how I read that scene. And, really, even if she was just talking about taking him, being raised by Regina is even worse. Look at Henry and the things she did to him (making him think he was crazy, erasing his memories...).

Edited by RadioGirl27
  • Love 1

That deleted scene was fine until we saw Dopey behind the counter. Huh?

It confused me too. Was Dopey the owner of the Ice Cream shop until DQ took over? And why was Regina fooled so easily?

• Love 1

I have to second the kudos to Elizabeth Mitchell. Being an unreformed Lostie, I immediately thought of Mr. Eko walking hand in hand with brother Yemi when Ingrid was reunited with her sisters. Sniff.

I agree with many of the nitpicks already highlighted, but especially didn't like Anna knocking out her fiancee. Because that may or may not be lethal or cause brain damage, but why would you take a chance with someone you care about? That and laughing it up with the person who just threatened your second newborn just irritates.

Not to mention it was an awful double standard. Can you imagine a male character hitting his female love interest like that (even if it was "for the better good") and the show passing it off as a joke? Add the unaddressed female-on-male rape they have, it sends a disturbing message.

• Love 4
Where did Henry get marbles? What 12 yr. old carries marbles around? Or does Regina keep them in her desk?

I was wondering about that, too. He's a little old to be carrying marbles around, and it's not like that's even a thing kids do anymore. I'm not sure why marbles would even be in the mayor's office (a teacher might confiscate them, but the mayor?). The only thing I can think of is that maybe there was one of those silk flower arrangements with the little glass balls in the glass jar being used to hold the stems, so they weren't technically marbles but worked that way when spread out on the floor.

They take a spell that should've had really bad repercussions and play it as camp. WTF? I'm not watching this for slapstick. All the stuff with Regina and Snow and Snow and Charming would've been great, a lot of truth and hurtfulness came out, but then they brush it off by laughing after the spell is broken.

I have mixed feelings. On the one hand, I enjoyed the laughter. On the other, it is a missed opportunity and now means there will be no consequences. I can't help but compare it to the Buffy musical episode, where there was the magic that made everyone burst into song, and in song your deepest feelings come out, but then they were left with the lingering awkwardness of having revealed their deepest feelings to each other, so their relationships were changed in the aftermath. Here, it was treated as "wasn't it silly that we said all those things we've always been secretly thinking to each other?" Then again, it wasn't as thought Snow and Regina didn't say anything to each other that they didn't already know, and it seems as thought Snow's darkest self just means that she actually stands up for herself and says what's true. It was kind of funny that Snow and David are so lacking in actual darkness that all they did was take a few minor petty swipes at each other. They basically sounded like your average couple before coffee in the morning after a sleepless night with a colicky baby. I could have seen them laughing with each other once the spell broke. But it would have been nice if something came out somewhere that would have lasting consequences. Maybe Henry's confession to Hook that he didn't like him being with Emma?

Did Anna forget that she left a newborn in perilous danger when she decided to take a hike to find Ice Queen's secret cavern that no one knows the location of?

I didn't have a problem with her leaving the newborn, considering that Regina was able to zap her away with a wave of her hand, so what was she going to be able to do if she went back? The best way to save the newborn was to break the spell, so getting to Ingrid was the key. I'm just wondering how she found the lair so quickly, given that she's been in this world for about five minutes.

Seriously, show, there should've been a reason Regina didn't know about the Snow Queen earlier.

I think the deleted scene explained it pretty well. Ingrid played along with it, acting exactly like the curse was affecting her, and while Regina was suspicious, it wasn't as though she knew absolutely everyone in the kingdom who would be in the town, and as Sydney told her, keeping track of her nemeses could be difficult. If Ingrid arrived very early in the curse, then Regina might have just assumed that this was Random Peasant #4978 in that village that defied her but that she didn't slaughter.

Robin wasn't seen. Any chance the tree he tied himself is so remote that nobody will ever find him to set him free? Triangle resolved.

It was so lovely to get through a whole episode without having to sing "Let It Go" to drown out dialogue that makes me queasy (and I'm afraid that from now on, in whatever he's in, hearing that actor's voice is going to trigger a terrible urge to burst into "Let it Go.").

It confused me too. Was Dopey the owner of the Ice Cream shop until DQ took over? And why was Regina fooled so easily?

And why would he be called Dopey while the Curse was still in effect? Shouldn't he have a curse name? Maybe he was just so frightened he was nodding along with her, but secretly thinking, "Who the hell is Dopey?"

• Love 2

Well, the Shattered Sight spell had some laughs, but I'm glad it's over.  I had a feeling the letter to Gerda was going to melt Ingrid/Snow Queen's heart in some way.  While it was nice Elsa's parents realized what they did was wrong, it was all too little too late IMO.

I loved Snow finally screaming "I was 10!"

Haha yup.  And I like Evil Queen Regina a lot more than mopey whiny self righteous Regina.

• Love 1

So wait... Now I'm really confused about the Snow Queen's timeline. Did Ingrid just secretly stalk Emma in Storybrooke for 3 seasons until the timing was right to set her plan into motion? Would she pull a Hook and stare at Emma from afar with binoculars all the time? Was she secretly always around the corner watching Emma's every move? What happened to her when Pan's curse broke? Is that when she got transported back to Arendelle into the urn? Gah! I'm so confused! (It's a Monday, cut me some slack.)

• Love 1

I don't know if it's because I've watched this episode right after "Homeland" (which had its best episode in a while - seriously, resume watching if you've stopped earlier, because it's amazing right now), but the tone was very off. Way too campy and non-serious. The flashbacks were pretty great (much, much better than 4x05, no Lily around, thank God), and the first few scenes between Emma/Elsa and Ingrid were all right as well, but the culmination? So, so cheesy and predictable and over-the-top. I was cringing the whole time. And they really didn't have to kill Ingrid off. She could have turned into a statue or something... Seriously, she was a great character. But at least she got redeemed before being written off, so there's that. 

Also, the contrivance fairy strikes again - how convenient was Anna finding that bottle in a completely random place? Stuff like this kills my suspension of disbelief. Bad, lazy writing all around.

Lana Parilla, meanwhile, has seemingly forgotten how to play the Evil Queen. She used to be so much more fun in the role! But the whole Regina vs Snow showdown was a complete farce. I'm not impressed.

• Love 4

Does Hook have any kind of plan?  Is he really just going to keep doing what Rumple tells him to?  I loved the effortless one handed take down of Will.  I do not love the fact that Hook and Emma have not had hardly any interaction at all.

I liked Emma and Elsa through most of the episode.  It's to bad Elsa can't stay in Storybrooke, and have Sven join her there.

However, I think they could have done the ending with Emma, Elsa, Anna, and Ingrid (Snow Queen) without it being so sappy.

Was the bottle that random. Blackbeard was careful to dump Anna and Kristoff right where her parents died. The bottle was shown right by the trunk underwater and it was show being swept up and and landing in Storybrook. 

The letter from Gerda bugs me too. I've used sealing wax. You need to light a flame to melt it and get often lands in the wrong spot if you aren't careful. Yeah, that bothers me and not so many other things. :)

• Love 3

That's a good point.  For all her snotting about how bad Mary Margaret is at mayoring for not managing to keep up the infrastructure, (Apparently, it went to pot in long, long two weeks MM's been the mayor.  Who knew infrastructure was that fragile?) Mary Margaret managed to at least notice there was a villain in town who wasn't herself. 

Regina had control of the entire town and never noticed the entirely new shop popping up.  That's some quality mayoring.  I'd love for someone to have pointed that out to her.  Seriously, show, there should've been a reason Regina didn't know about the Snow Queen earlier.

The IQ was there before Storybrooke appeared.  The apprentice sent her there and told her that Storybrooke would appear.  I think that is how the EQ missed IQ and the ice cream store.

• Love 1
Was the bottle that random. Blackbeard was careful to dump Anna and Kristoff right where her parents died. The bottle was shown right by the trunk underwater and it was show being swept up and and landing in Storybrook.

Exactly. A touch convenient, maybe, for Anna to find it just in the nick of time, but all the pieces were in place. Anna even mentioned that Regina zapped them to the spot where she and Kristoff arrived. I think it would have been random if the bottle had never been seen before 8:45 last night.

Edited by Dani-Ellie
  • Love 1

Does Hook have any kind of plan? Is he really just going to keep doing what Rumple tells him to? I loved the effortless one handed take down of Will. I do not love the fact that Hook and Emma have not had hardly any interaction at all.

I guess they could have shown a scene of Rumple speaking over Hook's heart, but it was implied that Rumple is controlling him. The Rumple/Hook scenes were really great! Those two actors play off each other well.

• Love 1

Does Hook have any kind of plan?  Is he really just going to keep doing what Rumple tells him to?

I think Hook has just accepted his fate, that he is going to die because, as he said to Rumple, villains doesn't win. He sees himself as a villain and he thinks that he doesn't deserve a happy ending. So he is just trying to assure Emma's and everyone else survival, but not his own because he thinks he doesn't deserve it. This makes really sad.

Edited by RadioGirl27
  • Love 5

I do not love the fact that Hook and Emma have not had hardly any interaction at all.

But even when they don't have scenes, they manage to advance the relationship which shouldn't be overlooked.  Between Emma's taunt of Regina and actually using the way she feels about Hook to get under Regina's skin, then Henry's comments about Hook and Emma being together and Hook's plea to Rumple to just leave Emma and the town alone.  Can't really dismiss that either.

• Love 5

I was wondering about that, too. He's a little old to be carrying marbles around, and it's not like that's even a thing kids do anymore. I'm not sure why marbles would even be in the mayor's office (a teacher might confiscate them, but the mayor?). The only thing I can think of is that maybe there was one of those silk flower arrangements with the little glass balls in the glass jar being used to hold the stems, so they weren't technically marbles but worked that way when spread out on the floor.

I watched again and they're all rainbow colored, so I guess it's possible they're decorative stones, but don't really look like anything Regina would actually use, since we know she doesn't do color. I don't know why I'm hung up on the marbles.

Random thoughts:

- I hope high tide doesn't come in while Kristoff is still passed out on the beach. Funny that he stopped to take off his boots before swimming for Arendelle.

- Convenient that DQ's ice cave is apparently just yards from the beach, since Anna was able to run straight there and arrive mid-showdown. Were the Blondes just standing there staring at each other while she knocked out Kristoff, found the letter, and ran all the way up the beach, through the town, through the forest, then found the cave?

- For some reason the lighting was weird throughout the ep. It looked especially harsh on everyone's faces in Regina's vault and the snow cave.

- Charming looked both worried and slightly turned on as Snow and Regina were going at it. Maybe his darkest self secretly likes the catfighting.

• Love 2

The IQ was there before Storybrooke appeared. The apprentice sent her there and told her that Storybrooke would appear. I think that is how the EQ missed IQ and the ice cream store.

Ingrid knew where Storybrook would be and when Emma would show there, but wasn't actually in town until 2001--years and years after the town arrived. The DQ made it to Storybrook about 19 years into the curse.

Edited by Mari
  • Love 1

- Charming looked both worried and slightly turned on as Snow and Regina were going at it. Maybe his darkest self secretly likes the catfighting.

What an intriguing concept. I must investigate further. I thought when that scene started they would have Snow sword fighting with baby in her arms and Charming critiquing her technique. I like your version better. 

Mari, I could have sworn that in the show last night, it was shown where the IQ used the map/instructions from the apprentice, walked to a spot and then the town appeared around her.  They have never managed to keep a timeline straight in the show.

Loved it, but  this show needs to stop torturing poor Hook.

I just can't with  Rumplestilskin. He  can die  next episode, for all I care. And he should take Belle with him, since she's too dumb to live.

The curse was fun, I wasn't expecting anything really dark. Loved the "I.WAS.TEN" and that line about Kristoff selling ice. And at the end I felt sorry for Ingrid. 

• Love 1
Mari, I could have sworn that in the show last night, it was shown where the IQ used the map/instructions from the apprentice, walked to a spot and then the town appeared around her.

They did, but I think the scroll did something to poof her there ... or at least make the invisible visible. They had either a flashback or a voiceover of the Apprentice saying the scroll would lead Ingrid to Emma; maybe it wasn't just the information on the scroll he was talking about. Maybe the scroll itself had some kind of magical property that allowed her entry to Storybrooke.

The screen said "Maine, 2001" when she hiked into town with the scroll, so it would have been 19 years into the curse. You would think, if the scroll allowed her to cross the town line and see Storybook, that she would arrive AT the town line, but maybe TPTB wanted to show something recognizable on screen, so they had her walk right into the middle of town.

Mari, I could have sworn that in the show last night, it was shown where the IQ used the map/instructions from the apprentice, walked to a spot and then the town appeared around her.

I don't think the town appeared around Ingrid so much as she was able to finally see it. Storybrooke (pre-Emma curse breaking) was supposedly only visible to those that know that it's there. So when Ingrid entered Storybrooke and conferred with the scroll that essentially told her she should be right smack dab in the middle of town, she looked up and *poof* was able to see it.

In "Welcome To Storybrooke", Kurt and Owen were within the boundaries of the Storybrooke when it got magically plopped down right on top of them in 1983, so they could see the town. But once Owen crossed back outside the boundaries of the town, Owen could no longer see it or anyone within it. Now that I find to be an inconsistency, though maybe because Owen isn't from a magical realm he couldn't see it even though he knows it's there? *sigh* Whatever. It's this show. There aren't rules to magic on this show, but rather a series of elaborate fanwanks tied together.

Edited by FabulousTater
  • Love 1

I think the scroll made the invisible visible. Ingrid arriving in town seems to have happened after Emma left her/ran away/refused to be adopted, or however that went, so Ingrid went to Storybrooke to wait for her inevitable arrival midway through the curse. The "bad things happen when people try to leave" thing seemed to have also affected even Emma, so it doesn't sound like Ingrid would have been able to establish herself in Storybrooke as the curse hit, then scoot away long enough to run a foster home in Minnesota for a while, then go back.

So I guess we just have to go with the explanation that Regina didn't notice because, as she said, she doesn't have the figure of someone who eats ice cream, and because she's too self-centered to notice all the peasants affected by her curse, while Ingrid was cleverly playing along with the curse.

Guest Accused Dingo

Except for Rumple (who I don't care at all about - as a matter of fact can we lose him and keep the Snow Queen who is at least interesting and could be fun and put a fun little twist into Emma's relationship with her parents now that Emma remembers she did briefly have someone who wanted to keep her.) I did like the episode a lot. It was funny and cute and I liked seeing snarky Snow (who Ian am calling Snow OffWhite).

The ending was problematic but since the Frozen crew is heading off to movie land there is not really all that much the story could do that is permanent which is why I would love to see Snow Queen back there is so many stories left to tell.

• Love 2

Forgot to ask this in my previous post. Was anyone else expecting Emma to come across her cell phone and Hook's message when she was behind the counter at Gold's shop? They've got so much to take care of in next week's episode, I'm thinking she'll probably never hear the message.

Also, now that I think about it, the shot of the girls walking arm in arm and laughing in the snow was kind of odd. Like 'Look it's snowing! The snow that came from our dead aunt and foster mom who almost killed the entire town. Isn't it so fun? Never mind that one of our boyfriends is passed out on the beach and the other is presumably chained by the docks. Snow! That thing that Elsa can make on command. How novel.' Sorry, I'm just in a crabby mood today!

• Love 8

Isn't Any Given Sundae right next to Granny's, which is Grand Central for these people?  And Ingrid's "oh my, it's almost like I'm cursed" should have probably tingled Regina's spidey senses a little more, at least enough for a repeat visit or making Sidney investigate or something. 

• Love 2

I liked how Regina and Ingrid played off each other in that deleted scene, but the "it's like I was cursed" should have made Regina really suspicious of her. I bet Regina made the rounds around town periodically to verify everything stayed the same. (She had to get super bored.) So if Dopey is there one day and Ingrid is there the next, that's extremely fishy and breaks the nature of the curse. Why Regina didn't think about it later when Emma showed her the picture I have no clue.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 3

Forgot to ask this in my previous post. Was anyone else expecting Emma to come across her cell phone and Hook's message when she was behind the counter at Gold's shop? They've got so much to take care of in next week's episode, I'm thinking she'll probably never hear the message.

Also, now that I think about it, the shot of the girls walking arm in arm and laughing in the snow was kind of odd. Like 'Look it's snowing! The snow that came from our dead aunt and foster mom who almost killed the entire town. Isn't it so fun? Never mind that one of our boyfriends is passed out on the beach and the other is presumably chained by the docks. Snow! That thing that Elsa can make on command. How novel.' Sorry, I'm just in a crabby mood today!

Yes, same thoughts here. I was also hoping Emma would notice Hook missing, especially how earlier she was all, "I can't lose you too". And if I was Anna, I'd be sprinting to the beach to check on my fiancé. Next week better start by someone asking "Where are Killian and Kristoff?"

Seriously, something has to pay off here. Since she has tracked Henry on his phone before and broken into Greg's because of her knowledge/skills, one would think she could track hers down.

Right, but there is too much to get through next week. I was hoping for the phone message to get played, but it's looking more and more unlikely. That time will be devoted to more Regina/Robin angst.

She probably could track it down, but first she has to figure out it's even missing, which she inexplicably doesn't seem to realize yet. Apparently she hasn't needed to call anyone in three days (or however long it's been).

Seriously! I was hoping we'd get an, "Oh wow, there it is!" It was probably inches away from her too! It's starting to bug me because I start to freak out and think I've lost mine if it's buried too deep in my purse.

Wow, so much hope in my reply...Oh well, it springs eternal!

• Love 1