Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 12/08/14

Athena
  • Start Topic

Mo 12/8: Hugh Bonneville, Laura Carmichael, Phyllis Logan, Lesley Nicol, Rob James-Collier, guest co-host Lara Spencer
Tu 12/9: Mayor Bill de Blasio, Chirlane McCray, Wayne Brady, Adam Jacobs, James Monroe Iglehart, guest co-host Michelle Beadle
We 12/10: Martha Stewart, guest co-host Ashanti
Th 12/11: Orlando Bloom, Richard Armitage, Lee Pace, Luke Evans, Diane Von Furstenberg, guest co-host Olivia Munn
Fr 12/12: Guest co-host Barbara Walters

Did you hear that mothers...go tell your college age sons to please don't rape a woman.  I can't even imagine a parent telling their sons that as they are dropping them off for college. Are you freaking kidding me Rosie P!  She needs off this show in a hurry.

Rosie Perez brings down the flow of conversation on this show.  She struggles to get her points across and just slows. everything. down.

There is something I just can't stand about Lara Spencer, I don't know what it is.  She seems smug to me for some reason.

These celebrity commercials need to end now.  I hope Mario Cantone got paid well for that spot.

In regards to the re-appearance of Babs, I read a few weeks ago that Rosie O and Babs were spotted out for a private dinner have a serious discussion.  If this was true, I have a feeling it was Babs telling Rosie O how to handle Whoopi...perhaps telling her to wait Whoopi out.

Edited by CMH1981
  • Love 6

There is something I just can't stand about Lara Spencer, I don't know what it is.  She seems smug to me for some reason.

Smug is a good word. For some reason she gets on my nerves. Apparently she gets a nice chunk of change from GMA, so someone likes her, lol.

• Love 7

Did you hear that mothers...go tell your college age sons to please don't rape a woman.  I can't even imagine a parent telling their sons that as they are dropping them off for college. Are you freaking kidding me Rosie P!  She needs off this show in a hurry.

I think Rosie P was just repeating what I keep hearing in this discussion of the rape culture. I've read and heard it a lot lately " the conversation shouldn't be women don't go to parties and have too much to drink it should be tell your sons don't rape"  As if every son is just waiting for the opportunity...It rubs me the wrong way too.

Edited by CuriousParker
  • Love 6

I've tried to like Nicole, but I feel that she's trying way too hard. Between her cackles and shrieking, she's just annoying. The chemistry among the four on the show is lacking. In addition, there are too many product pushing segments. I don't think the show is entertaining or informative anymore.

• Love 3
Smug is a good word. For some reason she gets on my nerves. Apparently she gets a nice chunk of change from GMA, so someone likes her, lol.

I'm finally used to her...but rarely watch her on anything.  I remember being annoyed for 2-3 years while every network seemed to try to find a place for her--news, entertainment, talk, home decor, guest here and there, etc.  Some bigshot must like her.  At least, if the gossip is correct, she won her GMA spot over Elisabeth.

Edited by Former Nun
  • Love 3

Really Whoopi? REALLY??? Of course we mothers when we send our young ladies off to school tell them, mind your drinking and please please please, mind your drink if you must (so that they don't get roofied) while we are telling them to stay away from synthetic drugs that could ruin their brains.  But are you really going to blame the victims should they be intoxicated?  God damn, it's never ending with this woman and her full on embrace of rape culture.  This to me was much more egregious than RosieP's suggestion to talk to our sons.

I was surprised to hear that Parker goes to Hofstra, I thought he was at a military academy.  I guess that must have been for high school and that Parker was whom Rosie was referring to last week when she spoke of same gender schools?  Laughs, I don't miss getting multiple emails from Hofstra a day, I even unsubscribed to them twice and they kept coming back trying to recruit my daughter. Bit of advice if you have a junior/senior make sure that they don't put your main email account on their SATs or ACTs; set up a shared gmail account just for that. ;)

I love Downton Abbey I just wish there were more than 9 episodes per season.

• Love 5
As I read those words, I heard a loud scream in my head.

LOL, me too.  I'm assuming she's on to promote her 10 Most Fascinating (which IMO has been anything but, for years now) which, I think, airs Sunday.  But still, I don't see why anyone, including Babs, has to be a guest co-host.  Too crowded at that table.

• Love 4

I've tried to like Nicole, but I feel that she's trying way too hard. Between her cackles and shrieking, she's just annoying. 

When Nicole said she turns into a jerk when someone at the airport tells her son to be quiet, I thought a crow flew into the room. She caws!

• Love 5

Did you hear that mothers...go tell your college age sons to please don't rape a woman.  I can't even imagine a parent telling their sons that as they are dropping them off for college. Are you freaking kidding me Rosie P!  She needs off this show in a hurry.

Rosie Perez brings down the flow of conversation on this show.  She struggles to get her points across and just slows. everything. down.

I sent comments here http://abc.go.com/feedback about Rosie P. Not sure if anyone reads it but I just keep sending examples.

• Love 1

Really Whoopi? REALLY??? Of course we mothers when we send our young ladies off to school tell them, mind your drinking and please please please, mind your drink if you must (so that they don't get roofied) while we are telling them to stay away from synthetic drugs that could ruin their brains.  But are you really going to blame the victims should they be intoxicated?  God damn, it's never ending with this woman and her full on embrace of rape culture.  This to me was much more egregious than RosieP's suggestion to talk to our sons.\

I feel like Whoopi always always has give herself the last word in a way that whatever anyone else was saying (or in Rosie P's case, trying to say) is overwritten.  The way Whoopi cut RO off to say that "Some are!" when RO was trying to explain why some women never report (or take decades to do so and then only when there is a group) sexual assault and that those that do come forward are too often looked at like they have an alternate agenda.  It was like she didn't hear a word RO said, and actually, she probably didn't.  

Then she interrupted  Rosie P. to say that girls have to take responsibility too because they 'sometimes drink themselves into a stupor."  But it was when she  shook her finger and said, "I'm saying, if you go to a frat party, don't get blind drunk, don't put anyone in the position of being able to take advantage of you."   that I turned it off.  For me, that was right up there with the, "it wasn't rape-rape" comment.

I'm so over Whoopi at this point, I need a break from The Whoopi Goldberg Hour.   But I'll be back for the abundant amount of snark material I'm sure Bab's return will provide - even taped.  With any luck she will frustrate Whoopi the way Whoopi frustrates me. 

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 12
Then she interrupted  Rosie P. to say that girls have to take responsibility too because they 'sometimes drink themselves into a stupor."  But it was when she  shook her finger and said, "I'm saying, if you go to a frat party, don't get blind drunk, don't put anyone in the position of being able to take advantage of you."   that I turned it off.  For me, that was right up there with the, "it wasn't rape-rape" comment.

Whoopi has a peculiar view on violence against women by men.  Women shouldn't hit men unless they want to get hit back.  Women shouldn't get drunk if they don't want to be raped.  (not exactly what she says, but it's kind of her point).   In these situations, and the specific incidents she's talked about, she tends to see men as the victims when they are violent toward women.  

On many other issues, Whoopi's viewpoint is closely tied with experiences close to her.  I can't help but wonder what caused her to have this peculiar view of violence toward women. Like - did she have a friend, lover, family member, who was accused or convicted of beating/raping a women, and Whoopi feels he was in the right, or manipulated?    This HAS to come from somewhere.

ETA:  Whoopi has also argued about statutory rape.  Her daughter or grand-daughter (I forget which)  was sexually active at age 14, and Whoopi once argued that it should NOT be seen as statutory rape, that 14 year olds can choose to have sex.   Maybe that's the link?  Was the father of the baby older, and prosecuted for statutory rape?  

Edited by backformore
  • Love 7

Whoopi is a victim-blaming asshole, what else is new? 

And what Rosie Perez said isn't all that new in circles trying to tackle rape culture. It really does suck that almost all of the onus when it comes to preventing rape is placed on the girls. Boys need to be taught about consent, too. Too many aren't, and so when they do shit, it's dismissed as "boys will be boys." Of course, Rosie did oversimplify the issue... like, by a lot. 

This HAS to come from somewhere.

I think she just buys into the "just world" fallacy. Unfortunately, she's not alone.

Edited by galax-arena
  • Love 4

Whoopi has a peculiar view on violence against women by men.  Women shouldn't hit men unless they want to get hit back.  Women shouldn't get drunk if they don't want to be raped.  (not exactly what she says, but it's kind of her point).   In these situations, and the specific incidents she's talked about, she tends to see men as the victims when they are violent toward women.  [Emphasis added]

Thank you backformore, because that's what I hear when she says things like that.  Of course parents are cautioning their daughters about alcohol and hopefully not waiting until they go off to college to do so. Not that Whoopi would have any experience with either one. 

I am a little ashamed to say that Rosie P.'s, "Pleeeese, tell your sons not to be rapists."  did make me laugh.  NOT the sentiment, (which I assume  was teaching sons/boys to be respectful to women and that sex without consent is assault) but the phrase.  I picture a parent sending their 18 year old off to school, "Be sure not to wash colors with whites, study hard,  and oh, please don't be a rapist."  

ETA:  Whoopi has also argued about statutory rape.  Her daughter or grand-daughter (I forget which)  was sexually active at age 14, and Whoopi once argued that it should be seen as statutory rape, that 14 year olds can choose to have sex.   Maybe that's the link?  Was the father of the baby older, and prosecuted for statutory rape?  

backformore, did you maybe leave a "not" out of this sentence? "....argued that it should [not]  be seen as statutory rape, "   I remember her talking about it but I thought she was against the statutory rape charge?  Or maybe that was on the topic of Roman Polanski? 

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 7

I think Rosie P was just repeating what I keep hearing in this discussion of the rape culture. I've read and heard it a lot lately " the conversation shouldn't be women don't go to parties and have too much to drink it should be tell your sons don't rape"  As if every son is just waiting for the opportunity...It rubs me the wrong way too.

Well, to be fair, Rosie P at least got it halfway right and tried to undo the harm done by Whoopi's crazy talk. At least she wasn't avoiding the topic by talking about social media.

And, after thinking about it, maybe parents should sit down and talk to their sons about rape, as ridiculous as it sounds, and how "no means no, intoxicated means no, unconscious means no, no response means no, etc." But that would mean parents talking to their children about sex in general, which doesn't happen as much as it should. Of course, it could do more damage if your parent thinks like Whoopi on that topic, so who knows?

Cosmocrush, said:

Besides, I'm sure if someone is going to rape you, I don't think you being sober will stop them from trying. Btw, does that mean women should stop sleeping? An unsuspecting stranger could stumble into the room and be put in the position of taking advantage.

I enjoyed seeing the Downton cast on. I love seeing the actress who plays Edith outside the show just to know the actors don't treat her as badly as the characters in the show do. LOL I can't believe they were going to write Thomas out of the show. I mean, I wish they'd give that character more interesting plots, but he's one of the reasons I still watch.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 6
backformore, did you maybe leave a "not" out of this sentence? "....argued that it should [not]  be seen as statutory rape, "   I remember her talking about it but I thought she was against the statutory rape charge?  Or maybe that was on the topic of Roman Polanski?

thanks Cosmo!   I went back and corrected.   

I wish she would talk about how she came to these conclusions about men and women.  There's a story there, i'm sure of it.   Whoopi  doesn't seem to have such strong opinions unless the topic has somehow impacted HER life.  

• Love 5

What is this? I thought my post disappeared while I was typing and then there it was above.

To add something else, Rosie O's Frozen reference (again) didn't bother me this time because I think she was going for laughs about how she won't stop talking about it.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 4

Can anyone clarify a comment RP made when the panel was discussing William and Kate's visit to NYC.  RO was starting to talk about something to do with Prince Charles and the succession (at least I think that is true) and RP very rudely interrupted her with a terse "He is second in line to the throne"  He refers to William.

As I recall the conversation RP's comment made no sense in response to RO's statement - and RP was rude in the interruption.

I hope some of that made sense, but did I hear that right or am I wrong to blame RP?

Can anyone clarify a comment RP made when the panel was discussing William and Kate's visit to NYC.  RO was starting to talk about something to do with Prince Charles and the succession (at least I think that is true) and RP very rudely interrupted her with a terse "He is second in line to the throne"  He refers to William.

As I recall the conversation RP's comment made no sense in response to RO's statement - and RP was rude in the interruption.

I hope some of that made sense, but did I hear that right or am I wrong to blame RP?

I heard the same thing as you, kay.  RO asked, "So do think they will skip him [Prince Charles] and go straight to William?"  And RosieP interrupted, "No!  He's [William] is second in line."  Which is pretty much what RO just said. 

I wish she [Whoopi] would talk about how she came to these conclusions about men and women.  There's a story there, i'm sure of it.   Whoopi  doesn't seem to have such strong opinions unless the topic has somehow impacted HER life.  

Good point and I agree.  I wish she would talk about the how and why too because I have no doubt it's out of some personal experience with the topics. RO has certainly mentioned her own experiences in reference to her opinions, as have the others as the case allows and it provides insight as to why someone might hold the opinions they do. 

Edited by Cosmocrush

What is this? I thought my post disappeared while I was typing and then there it was above.

To add something else, Rosie O's Frozen reference (again) didn't bother me this time because I think she was going for laughs about how she won't stop talking about it.

My post disappeared mid post.

I don't feel like retyping it. I just wanted to agree with Cosmocrush when I heard RP say "pleeease tell you son's not to be rapist!" I lol.

I wish she had phrased it better but, I understood where she was going. A conversation about consent and bing drinking is an important conversation. That should be had with all young people.

I'm not a big fan of Lara Spencer, not really sure why.

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 3

There is something I just can't stand about Lara Spencer, I don't know what it is. She seems smug to me for some reason.

Count me in to this group as well. I'm not a fan of Lara Spencer. I remember years ago when she did regular segments on GMA (this might have been even before she was married, but certainly before the kids came along). I thought she was cute then and much more relaxed and natural. Then she went away to do other things that I never saw, and then she came back to GMA and I was surprised at how insufferable and kind of snotty and mean-girlish and, yes, smug she had become over the intervening years. That said, I didn't find her to be as unpleasant today as I usually find her. What I do find unpleasant is the fact that they seem to be going back to the five people at the table model. I don't care for it. It's just too many.

Poor Mario. At least when they recruit him to do those painful in-show commercials, he gives it the appropriate amount of snark. There's never any doubt that he finds them just as ridiculous as we do.

I enjoyed the first Downton Abbey segment, although it was far too short and superficial. The guessing game was silly and I would have preferred more interview and less silly. Why is it that when RosieO gushes it's tends to be cute and genuinely fan girly but when RosieP does it it's just irritating? Interesting.

Don't get me started on Whoopi's continued insistence on victim blaming. I understand that at least in part she is trying to say that everyone needs to be responsible for their own actions, and I don't disagree, but to once again say, unambiguously, that the victims are 'asking for it' because they somehow put their poor assaulters in the position to take advantage of them and assault them is ignorant and unforgivable. Period. How she continues to say these things and not only keep her job on a national network show but doesn't get utterly eviscerated in the media is a mystery to me. Just imagine what would happen if RO repeatedly made such inflammatory and ignorant remarks defending rapists, pedophiles, abusers, animal cruelty, and on and on. Yet somehow WG gets away with it largely unscathed. I don't get it.

• Love 13

How she continues to say these things and not only keep her job on a national network show but doesn't get utterly eviscerated in the media is a mystery to me. Just imagine what would happen if RO repeatedly made such inflammatory and ignorant remarks defending rapists, pedophiles, abusers, animal cruelty, and on and on. Yet somehow WG gets away with it largely unscathed. I don't get it.

A mystery indeed. Rosie O would be toast.

• Love 9

Tragic plane crash in Maryland today so the show was interrupted right after Rosie brought up Frozen for the millionth time. I didn't see Mario's ad but I have a feeling he has a little of Sherri's mantra of doing anything for a buck in him.

Whoopi has a peculiar view on violence against women by men.  Women shouldn't hit men unless they want to get hit back.

This is where I agree with Whoopi.   If I hit anyone, male or female, I'd expect to be hit back.  Apparently I forgot to teach my son that.  In fifth grade, a girl he "broke up with" pounded his head against a brick wall at school.  I asked him why he didn't fight back and he told me that boys aren't allowed to hit girls.  I gave him a new rule.  

• Love 6

Tragic plane crash in Maryland today so the show was interrupted right after Rosie brought up Frozen for the millionth time. I didn't see Mario's ad but I have a feeling he has a little of Sherri's mantra of doing anything for a buck in him.

I heard about the plane crash. Just awful and so terribly sad. Seems that something like this always happens around the holidays. :(

The Frozen bit was actually kind of amusing because as soon as she brought it up everyone at the table groaned and RP went full facepalm. I'm guessing it was a preplanned bit for the laugh, but it was cute.

• Love 4

This is where I agree with Whoopi.   If I hit anyone, male or female, I'd expect to be hit back.  Apparently I forgot to teach my son that.  In fifth grade, a girl he "broke up with" pounded his head against a brick wall at school.  I asked him why he didn't fight back and he told me that boys aren't allowed to hit girls.  I gave him a new rule.  

Yes, If I slap a guy, I don't have the right to say he's wrong for slapping me back.   But I disagree with Whoopi when she carries it further, that if I slap a guy, then he has justification for knocking me unconscious.  

• Love 12

Whooping wants the SOBs put away? Didn't she say that Roman Polanski didn't commit "rape rape? She defended a convicted rapist. What other facts did she need?

Rosie P is ridiculous too. I did have to agree with Whoopi that women also should not put themselves in vulnerable situations . That is not blaming the victim , but being sensible and not put themselves in situations that make creeps more likely to take advantage of them.

• Love 3
I am a little ashamed to say that Rosie P.'s, "Pleeeese, tell your sons not to be rapists."  did make me laugh.  NOT the sentiment, (which I assume  was teaching sons/boys to be respectful to women and that sex without consent is assault) but the phrase.

There was a study a few years back where the phraseology was important.  Like, they asked college-age males if it was ever okay to rape a woman.  A very low percentage of them said yes. Then the same question was asked in a different way, something like, "Is it ever okay to have sex with a woman if she tells you she doesn't feel like it?" and the percentage of "yes" answers was significantly higher.  I would like to give RosieP the benefit of the doubt, that she was trying to get a point like that across, although badly phrased or inadequately explained.  I would like to think she wanted parents to tell their sons that unless a woman has actively, unequivocally, directly told them she wants to have sex with them, that then it's okay.  If she has said no, or has not given her consent, then it's a crime.

According to statistics, as many as one in three, or -- more conservatively -- one in five women has been the victim of a sexual assault. That makes a very high percentage of men who are committing those assaults.  I agree with RosieP, no matter how badly she phrased it, that it's time for parents to start having that conversation with their sons.

Hopping off soapbox now.

• Love 16

Add me to the Lara Spencer smug club.  Something always rubbed me the wrong way when she was on tv in her early career days.  It was when I read Cindy Adams column about being accosted by Lara at an event and wondering who the heck she was that I realized I wasn't the only one who found her weird.

Does anyone think that perhaps Bab's Most Fascinating will name Duchess of Cambridge for the title.  It is interesting that the timing of the visit falls in line with the interviews (thanks Michael Strahan for talking about it yesterday).  I remember when Camilla Parker Bowles was named Most Fascinating in 2005 and that show  coincided with a visit by Camilla and Charles (I didn't watch and vowed I never would after 2004 title went to Karl Rove}.

I wonder if they are adding a fifth host to mask the lack of camaraderie until they work out a different panel?  In my view nothing will ever work as long as it is the Whoopie Goldberg View.

• Love 5
I did have to agree with Whoopi that women also should not put themselves in vulnerable situations . That is not blaming the victim , but being sensible and not put themselves in situations that make creeps more likely to take advantage of them.

When almost all of the onus is put on telling women to avoid vulnerable situations instead of teaching men about respect and consent, then it is blaming the victim*. And that's the problem with Whoopi. She only focuses on the women. If they're not outright lying, then it's their fault for putting themselves in that situation to begin with. When was the last time she ever focused on what the guy did wrong?

But of course, you can't bring up the idea of teaching men to not rape without people shrieking, "#NotAllMen!" I still remember all of the outrage when the Schrodinger's Rapist essay came out. So many guys missing the point and sulking, "Does this mean that I should never approach a woman, ever?" My unsympathetic view: If you're that incompetent at social interaction that you can't understand when it is appropriate to approach women, then yes, just don't do it at all. The world will not be missing out, and your desire for female companionship does not trump a woman's right to feel safe. 

* Not to mention when it's said in direct response to someone getting attacked. Timing is everything. There's a difference between generally telling a friend, "Oh, don't go to that bar. It's full of creeps and a guy will probably try to roofie you," and saying in response to the friend getting attacked, "Well, you shouldn't have gone to that bar in the first place." One's simply encouraging the friend to exercise caution, the other one's being a victim-blaming asshole.

Edited by galax-arena
  • Love 20

When almost all of the onus is put on telling women to avoid vulnerable situations instead of teaching men about respect and consent, then it is blaming the victim*. And that's the problem with Whoopi. She only focuses on the women. If they're not outright lying, then it's their fault for putting themselves in that situation to begin with. When was the last time she ever focused on what the guy did wrong?

And "vulnerable situation" is a subjective term.  Is drinking at a frat party a vulnerable situation?  Is walking home alone at night a vulnerable situation?  Is going on a date with a seemingly nice guy who refuses to take the word no a vulnerable situation?  Women are raped every day in all different sets of circumstances.

School districts all over the country have dress codes preventing girls from wearing things that are deemed inappropriate because boys might be aroused.  So once again it's the female's responsibility to somehow prevent a male from committing a wrongful act.  It's the same thing with that catcall video they showed a few weeks ago.  A woman was simply walking down the street and there were people (men and women) who thought she was responsible for men whistling and yelling at her.

I raised my son to respect women.  Period.  Regardless of how they dress.  Regardless of how much they drink. Regardless of how they might dance while drunk.  To respect women, all women, every second of the day. 

Does Whoopi have any grandsons?  Because I have to wonder if he was ever accused of rape how she would react to that.  But I think I already know the answer to that.

Edited by susieq147
  • Love 14

I don't think we know enough about the Rolling Stone situation yet to make any bold statements like Rosie Perez did condemning them.  I follow that journalist on Twitter and I admire her a lot, and she's not really talking.  I'm taking a more wait and see approach.

• Love 5

Nichole Wallace is letting her Republican out today.... there is a report about CIA torture coming out.... she says the report is no big deal since "the program" stopped years ago... before Bush left office.  She also said only 3 people were tortured. This is not true either, Just before The View started a news report said in 20 cases the torture gave no intelligence.... and 20 is more than 3

Whoopi is upset because the report is coming out so close to Christmas..... Rosie O had to explain to the others why the report is so important.... it is really a good thing that Rosie O is on the panel

• Love 15

Whoopi shut the fuck up already! Jeebus, everything is how it affects her. Whoopi doesn't want unpleasant information now, it's fricken Christmas! She couldn't even talk about wildly famous and popular William and Kate without putting the spotlight back on her with her stupid valley girl voice.

Here we go on Cosby...

Eta: Whoopi is just bullheaded and wouldn't believe the Cosby accusations. I though Rosie's "how many would it take, 100, before you believe these accusations have a ring of truth to it?", followed by Whoopi needing to be "more surer" was a good point and well done by Rosie. Wtf did Whoopi do that was so bad that she compares a situation in her life to that of an accused serial rapist?!

Edited by whydoiwatchtv
  • Love 15

They are talking about Cosby again.6 women who are accusing him were on CNN. Guest host Michelle Beadle asked why are these women bringing it up now. Rosie O explained they they want justice and accountability. Rosie P explained how rape effects victims their entire lives. Whoopi, true to form, brought up the Duke Lacrosse case.... and how Cosby is innocent. Rosie O disagreed and said with 26 women coming forward.... with the possibility of over 100 women who could come forward.... he has also settled many cases putting a gag order on those victims..... she doesn't believe in his innocence.

It is my belief that the Statute of Limitations should be removed from the crime of Rape... just like murder, the life a person would have had is taken away from them.

I also want to say..... most men don't rape... have never raped and never will. It is true that the onus of not raping is on men.... and most men know that. I also find it odd how so many women blame women for being raped... because of their outfit or where they are.... I just don't understand sometimes.

Edited by RogerFromOhio
  • Love 11

Oh Lawd.... Another in house  Pine Sol commercial.... just before the commercial break... thank you Rosie P  *eyeroll*

Wayne Brady was on promoting the BET Awards show he will be hosting. One thing he said is that people are surprised to find out that a black person did this or that great thing.... I was bothered by that.... just because most people are not surprised by that kind of thing.

• Love 4

Eta: Whoopi is just bullheaded and wouldn't believe the Cosby accusations. I though Rosie's "how many would it take, 100, before you believe these accusations have a ring of truth to it?", followed by Whoopi needing to be "more surer" was a good point and well done by Rosie. Wtf did Whoopi do that was so bad that she compares a situation in her life to that of an accused serial rapist?!

Whoopi will never believe any rape accusations against Bill Cosby.  IMO simply because she knows him.  And in Whoopi's world that is all that matters.  She did the same thing with Mel Gibson.  And there was no doubt he said what he said but because Whoopi knew Gibson she didn't believe he really felt that way.  And honestly WTF does it matter what she believes?  She needs to be surer?  Fuck her.  She doesn't get to decide if Cosby's accusers are to be believed or not.  Court of public opinion carries a lot of weight and if Whoopi continues with her know-it-all attitude she just might find herself guilty of being an obnoxious bitch.

• Love 14

Nichole Wallace is letting her Republican out today.... there is a report about CIA torture coming out.... she says the report is no big deal since "the program" stopped years ago... before Bush left office.  She also said only 3 people were tortured. This is not true either, Just before The View started a news report said in 20 cases the torture gave no intelligence.... and 20 is more than 3

On today's Morning Joe she said:

"That's what this is about. Does this help us kill people who want to kill us regardless of what we do," she said. "But the notion that what we do affects terrorists is a lie. It's a lie perpetrated by political correctness and liberals, and it's dangerous."

[...]

"What else did we do to make sure that 3,000 people weren't blown out, obliterated on a New York City morning?" Wallace said. "I don't care what we did."

I don't think she would say this on The View because that may blow her "moderate" cover. 

• Love 14

If we have to deal with RosieP and her Queen B and Brooklyn in da house, RO Is just fine with her chuckles about Frozen.

Whoopi, it's the Senate Intelligence committee not the CIA that is releasing the report.  The reason that it is being released now is that Sen. Feinstein will be replaced as chair of the Senate Intelligence Committee in three weeks and has worked long and hard and fought the CIA to get this report together, since the Republicans are taking over the Senate this report wouldn't stand a chance to see the light of day, so the time is now.  Nicolle is repeating Joe's talking point from this morning in a much more moderate way.  Nicolle sat in for Mika and went on quite the strident screed on this topic, I was curious how she'd approach this on The View.  I figured it would come up since it's so important to RO.

I just don't know what to say about Whoopi and her defense of Bill Cosby at this point anymore, I think it's pretty clear that she's never been sexually abused or she could not go on like this.  RosieP and RO have it right, it stays with you for a lifetime.

Edited by NextIteration
  • Love 13

If we have to deal with RosieP and her Queen B and Brooklyn in da house, RO Is just fine with her chuckles about Frozen.

Whoopi, it's the Senate Intelligence committee not the CIA that is releasing the report.  The reason that it is being released now is that Sen. Feinstein will be replaced as chair of the Senate Intelligence Committee in three weeks and has worked long and hard and fought the CIA to get this report together, since the Republicans are taking over the Senate this report wouldn't stand a chance to see the light of day, so the time is now.  Nicholle is repeating Joe's talking point from this morning in a much more moderate way.  Nicholle sat in for Mika and went on quite the strident screed on this topic, I was curious how she'd approach this on The View.  I figured it would come up since it's so important to RO.

I just don't know what to say about Whoopi and her defense of Bill Cosby at this point anymore, I think it's pretty clear that she's never been sexually abused or she could not go on like this.  RosieP and RO have it right, it stays with you for a lifetime.

Thank you NextIteration for this comment.... it inspired me to send these 2 tweets.... I hope you dont mind me quoting you :)

@WhoopiGoldberg I know you dont care what we think Whoopi. But maybe you need some facts on why the CIA torture report is coming out now

@WhoopiGoldberg Sen. Feinstein will be replaced as chair of the Senate Intelligence Committee in 3 weeks so she needed to act NOW

Mod.... I almost put this post in the Whoopi thread.... but it related to the discussion to Today's show

• Love 6

Wayne Brady is on my "Why the hell is this person on my tv screen so much?" list; right under Susan Lucci and Marilu Henner.   For a minute I thought I was watching The Talk because he's on that show once a week.  Lara Spencer, Wayne Brady and Barb on Friday.  It's like they are going out of their way to annoy me this week.

• Love 9

Dear Whoopi, "I'm sorry," but can it with the constant valley girl schtick. Back in the day, when the Zappa girl had her song , it was only mildly amusing. It's 2014, maybe STFU with the dumb accent, m'kay? I'm almost 50 --if it a'int funny to me, probably the younger crowd's ears bleed when they hear it coming!

Also, thanks for acknowledging how proud you are to have been thanked for your support by rapist Cosby. 26 women vs.

your rich, powerful, celebrity friend -- of course, you need more proof. The Cos is innocent as a newborn bunny.

• Love 11