Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
GHScorpiosRule

Approach The Bench: Law & Order General Discussion Thread

Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, merylinkid said:

Although how did a disciplined attorney, rather late in her career no less, get to be a judge?   Usually you have to be squeaky clean or have made some small mistake far in the past.   She broke attorney-client privilege and got her client arrested for murder.

Most judges are elected in New York.  So it may not have even been known.  Didn't she only get a private censure, as in, no public record of it?

Share this post


Link to post

On 2/15/2017 at 10:38 AM, topanga said:

I think it was Lifetime that bleeped out when Ross (I think, maybe?) read a letter from a defendant talking about his sexual exploits with women. And one line of the letter stated that he likes it raw (or she likes it raw). Anyway, Lifetime bleeped out "raw." The thing is, these L & O episodes talk about brutal rapes and murders, sometimes in graphic detail. If someone were to be offended by the word "raw," they probably shouldn't be watching this show. 

 

Can anyone tell me the name of the episode where Lenny finds his daughter dead? I caught the final scene just before another episode was about to air. Great work from Jerry Orbach.  "That's my baby. Oh, what am I going to do, Rey?" I was close to tears after watching that 30-second snippet. 

Oh my god, Orbach was so good in that scene! I loved the way he played confusion and grief together. It was like he honestly couldn’t process what was happening. There’s this edge in his voice when he asks Ray what to do; part of it is wailing, but part of it is a question. How can I live through this? What do I do? What is the world now? Oh, Jerry. We all miss you.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, FozzyBear said:

Oh my god, Orbach was so good in that scene! I loved the way he played confusion and grief together. It was like he honestly couldn’t process what was happening.

Not that I wanted Briscoe to ruin his life again, but I'd buy that would have been the catalyst to drive Lennie back to the bottle, more than any execution in "Aftershock". But then, I really didn't like that episode, anyway, so...

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Some season 13 episodes on ION tonight, I saw Asterisk earlier and I find this episode very interesting. Anyone else find this case eerily similar to the Aaron Hernandez case which happened over 10 years later? Star athlete kills someone who was possibly blackmailing him, his friends help cover it up, questions about his sexuality arise as well. Very similar, a case of the headlines ripping from L&O I guess. 

I found the trial interesting because of how the defense "accidentally" sent the memo to McCoy that led to the reveal of the baseball player being gay, and then it was banned from trial because of that. I found Judge Bradley's ruling banning the steroid dealer guy from testifying to be idiotic, why couldn't McCoy present evidence that the limo driver was blackmailing the baseball player over steroids, I mean they couldn't know for sure what the motive was, how could Judge Bradley decide for certain that the motive was blackmail over Seleeby being gay? I thought that was a bad ruling from the usually good Judge Bradley, McCoy should be allowed to present whatever motive he wanted, only the victim and the killer knew the actual motive for certain, it was just speculation from everyone else. I think the defense lawyer deliberately sent the memo to the DA's office, and then had it thrown out so McCoy couldn't present evidence of Seleeby being gay, and Judge Bradley went a step further by declaring McCoy couldn't present any evidence of motive. 

I found Serena incredibly irritating in this episode, she was acting like McCoy was unethical for wanting to present motive which was ridiculous. I also think Branch was correct in his observation about how athletes would rather be considered cheaters than gay, unfortunately not much has changed, no openly gay athletes in pro sports now. 

Any thoughts on this episode?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I thought Serena's complaint was that if the motive were to hide his sexuality, by bringing that up as a blackmail option they would be perpetuating the bias.  But that's not the DAs job, even though of course people should be sensitive to how they are going to be perceived, sometimes you have to go with what is true and not what you would like to appear to be true.

And there are now a rather long list of openly gay pro athletes.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_LGBT_sportspeople

Share this post


Link to post

I’ve been watching the marathons when I get the chance/ when the toddler lets me, and I must say that my favorite cop pairing is Briscoe and Green.  They just seemed to like each other as people and didn’t have the sometimes antagonistic relationship as others did.   Neither of them ever really tried to take the moral high ground.   Watching them makes me wish we had more episodes with them.   I imagine how  cutter would interact with Lenny.

 

I watched the final episode earlier this week and I‎t is such a great episode.   I miss this show.

 

Don’t mind the random capitalizations.  My phone is autocorrecting to random shit and I’m too tired to keep typing I‎t over and over again.  

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

I think that good working relationship that we saw on the show translated to a real-life friendship. I remember reading that Jesse Martin 'cried like a baby' at Orbach's funeral.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, Mrs. P. said:

I think that good working relationship that we saw on the show translated to a real-life friendship. I remember reading that Jesse Martin 'cried like a baby' at Orbach's funeral.

I thought someone once said how, during breaks, that Martin and Orbach (both having a Broadway background) would sing show tunes. It seemed like everyone loved Jerry. I may not think much of Rey Curtis, but I recall when Benjamin Bratt came back when the show was ending and had his cameo with Van Buren, discussing his dead wife and Lennie. And it was clear that both Bratt and Merkerson's warm thoughts about Lennie were basically a cover for Orbach, himself.

Also recall reading about some event Elisabeth Rohm went to ages ago and she was asked about working with Jerry Orbach. As the article went, she basically covered her heart and just said, "Oh, Jerry..."

So it's clear the man was very well liked by his co-workers and, based on other things I had recalled reading, the real NYPD, too!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Yeah from everything I've heard Orbach was beloved by everyone involved with the show. 

I agree that Briscoe and Green were the best detective pairing on L&O, they had excellent chemistry and very great to watch. Their episodes never get old, those years were some of L&O's best even if I found the legal half lacking during the Lewin years, I can always watch the first half of a Briscoe/Green episode and be entertained. They were the best pairing and I'm glad we got more episodes with them than any other detective tandom. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

I would appreciate if there is one with L&O expertize, who may identify this episode.

I am not sure if it was Goren,( Criminal Intent) or it was  Law and order

 

The detectives enters in the home of a person of interest.The mother, or grand mother claimed he is not at home, but then the detective anticipated that he might be hidden inside the folding bed, and he was there.

Edited by pezevenk

Share this post


Link to post
On 11/25/2017 at 2:33 AM, pezevenk said:

I would appreciate if there is one with L&O expertize, who may identify this episode.

I am not sure if it was Goren,( Criminal Intent) or it was  Law and order

 

The detectives enters in the home of a person of interest.The mother, or grand mother claimed he is not at home, but then the detective anticipated that he might be hidden inside the folding bed, and he was there.

I recently saw that one too.  Suspect hiding in the sofa bed, right?  I can remember which show it was either, LOL.  I can "see" the couch and the apartment and the suspect, but can't see who else is in the room.  LOL.  I want to say Lennie with his poor gun holding skills, but then I want to say it was Donofrio.....  or was it Stabler?  (just kidding)

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, TV Diva Queen said:

I recently saw that one too.  Suspect hiding in the sofa bed, right?  I can remember which show it was either, LOL.  I can "see" the couch and the apartment and the suspect, but can't see who else is in the room.  LOL.  I want to say Lennie with his poor gun holding skills, but then I want to say it was Donofrio.....  or was it Stabler?  (just kidding)

I think you mean you "can't" remember?

It was original recipe Law & Order, and dude was running from Lennie, and I want to say Rey. And yup, he hid in grandma's couch, who claimed he wasn't home. I think he either had stolen an engagement ring, or he'd swallowed it or something.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

4 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I think you mean you "can't" remember?

It was original recipe Law & Order, and dude was running from Lennie, and I want to say Rey. And yup, he hid in grandma's couch, who claimed he wasn't home. I think he either had stolen an engagement ring, or he'd swallowed it or something.

Oddly, that exact same scenario was also used on CI in "The Unblinking Eye" in S4. Guessing Wolf liked to recycle. The episode with the Matt Damon voice cameo and the episode where an actor had his would-be fiancé killed for attention and fame.

Share this post


Link to post

Season 10 episodes on Sundance tonight, I think that is the best season of L&O as far as characters go, Briscoe/Green plus Adam Schiff still as DA, great lineup. Also the episodes themselves were great as well, one of my favorites, Sundown is on now, about the guy with Alzheimer’s who killed his wife. Classic L&O episode, great detective work in the first half and legal arguments in the second, also had several funny moments, such as Rodgers classic “free javelins” line and the guy stealing hospital food. It also had something unique in that it had Skoda and Rodgers, the 2 best recurring characters on L&O IMO, in a scene together, the only time in L&O history that occurred.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 12/22/2017 at 1:53 AM, Xeliou66 said:

Season 10 episodes on Sundance tonight, I think that is the best season of L&O as far as characters go, Briscoe/Green plus Adam Schiff still as DA, great lineup. Also the episodes themselves were great as well, one of my favorites, Sundown is on now, about the guy with Alzheimer’s who killed his wife. Classic L&O episode, great detective work in the first half and legal arguments in the second, also had several funny moments, such as Rodgers classic “free javelins” line and the guy stealing hospital food. It also had something unique in that it had Skoda and Rodgers, the 2 best recurring characters on L&O IMO, in a scene together, the only time in L&O history that occurred.

Didn’t they also appear together in the episode with Jackie what’s her face? This was during the Branch years.  She was a makeup mogul.  Her defense was the hormones made her do it? 

 

I think there was another episode as well.  Brain like Swiss cheese, but I think it had to do with the sociopath kid.

Share this post


Link to post

Yeah I remember that one about Jackie Scott, the cosmetics mogul who was friends with Branch who killed the stockbroker and her defense was about hormone replacement therapy, that was Bitch from season 13. But I think you are thinking of Skoda and Olivet, they appeared in that one together, and in the other one you are talking about, which I believe is Killerz from Season 10 about the sociopath young girl, where they appeared together as well, and had quite a heated argument where Skoda called Olivet soft. 

But the only time I can remember Skoda and ME Rodgers together was in Sundown about the guy with Alzheimer’s who killed his wife, Rodgers tells Skoda about her autopsy report to help him determine the guy’s state of mind, they were at the DA’s office with Carmichael and Van Buren. Interesting scene as you had a police officer, a DA, an ME and a psych expert in one scene. I can’t recall Skoda and Rodgers ever having a scene together other than that episode. 

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

"Please don't take her away from me! She's...she's my best friend."

Yeah, that's part of the problem, you dumb broad.

I wanted to slap that stupid bitch of a mom in the face. I mean, she didn’t give a fuck that her daughter was a sociopath who terrorized people and killed a little boy because “she’s my best friend”. She was acting like that her daughter killing a boy was no bid deal because she didn’t want her daughter aka her best friend to go to jail. I was very annoyed with Olivet in that episode, Skoda was right, she was soft because the defendant was a child, a girl child especially.

That episode had one of the endings that pissed me off the most. Of the episodes that ended where no one was brought to justice, that one and Manhood probably anger me the most. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

21 hours ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

"Please don't take her away from me! She's...she's my best friend."

Yeah, that's part of the problem, you dumb broad.

I just can't with the parents of perps portrayed on this show. They're either self-absorbed neglectful assholes or whiny, enabling idiots. Or in this case, both.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Spartan Girl said:

I just can't with the parents of perps portrayed on this show. They're either self-absorbed neglectful assholes or whiny, enabling idiots. Or in this case, both.

Yeah. Which made one episode in CI stand out for me as it seemed pervasive through the franchise (asshole parents): In a Logan/Wheeler S6 episode, "Players", a judge's son is murdered and the perp was an entitled shit with some bigwig legal eagle father - whose own father, the kid's granddad, was some big criminal. After "entitled shit" perp yells at Dad for neglecting his own dad, Dad tells Logan/Wheeler to "read my son his rights".

It was rather refreshing. And rare as hell. Probably why I even remembered the title which, minus "big" episodes, I suck at - for all of the franchise.

By and large, though, I think 90% of the franchise's parents of perps belong in sessions with Skoda. And only Skoda. He takes no shit. I like Olivet, but she is usually way too soft. I love Skoda's "give no shits" attitude.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/17/2018 at 9:40 PM, WendyCR72 said:

By and large, though, I think 90% of the franchise's parents of perps belong in sessions with Skoda. And only Skoda. He takes no shit. I like Olivet, but she is usually way too soft. I love Skoda's "give no shits" attitude.

And Skoda didn't care if the defendants saw him roll his eyes during their tales of woe. 

I'm catching up on episodes I DVRd in early January. Point of clarification, please: in "Happily Ever After," the episode where the wife and the financial adviser where having an affair and conspired to kill her husband,  would the wife have said, "It was a black guy," if the young kid hadn't been there smoking crack?  Or did he just happen to be in that particular parking garage? If so, it seems like back luck on his part. Although, if you're a crack addict, you're already pushing your luck on a daily basis, I suppose. 

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, topanga said:

 

I'm catching up on episodes I DVRd in early January. Point of clarification, please: in "Happily Ever After," the episode where the wife and the financial adviser where having an affair and conspired to kill her husband,  would the wife have said, "It was a black guy," if the young kid hadn't been there smoking crack?  Or did he just happen to be in that particular parking garage? If so, it seems like back luck on his part. Although, if you're a crack addict, you're already pushing your luck on a daily basis, I suppose. 

She got lucky-he just happened to find that spot to smoke his Crack.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I dunno.   Lots of real life cases of people saying "it was the black guy" when there was no black guy in the vicinity.   Gonna go with plain old racism here.

Remember the episode where the Japanese guy came to NY to murder his wife because he figured the high crime rate would make it unnoticiable?  He blamed a black guy too.    Van Buren wasn't happy when they used his theory as a ruse to get the guy back so they could arrest him.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

2 hours ago, merylinkid said:

I dunno.   Lots of real life cases of people saying "it was the black guy" when there was no black guy in the vicinity.   Gonna go with plain old racism here.

Remember the episode where the Japanese guy came to NY to murder his wife because he figured the high crime rate would make it unnoticiable?  He blamed a black guy too.    Van Buren wasn't happy when they used his theory as a ruse to get the guy back so they could arrest him.

True. I should have said he just happened to be there and racism.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/28/2018 at 10:53 AM, GHScorpiosRule said:

True. I should have said he just happened to be there and racism.

In the episode where Van Buren shot the two black kids who tried to rob her at an ATM, killing one of them, Jack made such a point of the would-be thieves' race that Claire asked him if he'd been having fun baiting Anita while she was on the stand.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

McCoy did go after Van Buren rather hard in that episode. I liked how McCoy wasn’t afraid to go after cops though, all too often prosecutors will back down from investigating cops for political reasons, McCoy didn’t give a fuck about that and would pursue justice regardless, that’s what I liked the most about him, although in this episode Van Buren was justified in the shooting. Good episode for both McCoy and Van Buren, anytime Van Buren got some focus it was nice, she was one of the best.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Yeah Stone wasn’t afraid to either, Manhood comes to mind. That’s a great episode, very progressive for the time as well to have such a strong anti hate crime message and placing the main characters on the pro gay side. That ending infuriates me everytime I watch it, such a stupid jury, but I do love the end scene with Stone and Schiff where Schiff talks about how people frequently do evil things in groups that they wouldn’t do on their own.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

There was an episode on ION last night where this doctor injected the reporter he had been having an affair with with SARS.  He and the reported had a son who caught the virus and eventually died.  The wife in that episode, my word!  No words actually.   I mean, I've seen this countless times, but she is so cold and ruthless.  Anything to keep her man, right?  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

17 hours ago, roseslg said:

There was an episode on ION last night where this doctor injected the reporter he had been having an affair with with SARS.  He and the reported had a son who caught the virus and eventually died.  The wife in that episode, my word!  No words actually.   I mean, I've seen this countless times, but she is so cold and ruthless.  Anything to keep her man, right?  

I remember that episode quite well except the nuances of her motive: Was it just to keep her man (and the prestige of being his wife), or was she equally motivated by keeping her lifestyle (would there have been significant financial fallout if her husband was convicted of murder)? 

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

I remember that episode quite well except the nuances of her motive: Was it just to keep her man (and the prestige of being his wife), or was she equally motivated by keeping her lifestyle (would there have been significant financial fallout if her husband was convicted of murder)? 

I remember the real case from Forensic Files. Tragic. A nurse's ex-lover, a doctor, injected her with HIV.  :-(

Share this post


Link to post
On February 1, 2018 at 1:02 PM, roseslg said:

There was an episode on ION last night where this doctor injected the reporter he had been having an affair with with SARS.  He and the reported had a son who caught the virus and eventually died.  The wife in that episode, my word!  No words actually.   I mean, I've seen this countless times, but she is so cold and ruthless.  Anything to keep her man, right?  

Oh there's a word, I just can't use it on the forum. I hate that they both got away with it at the end.

Series finale "Rubber Room" is on now. Is it wrong that I feel sorry for the ex-teacher? Not condoning his plans to blow up the school, but that false accusation by the snotty student that ruined his life and I don't blame him for being furious for that. I felt for him when he called his ex and lashed out at her for abandoning him when he needed her the most. 

Im glad that there were no casualties, and I hope that he was able to get help.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, Spartan Girl said:

Oh there's a word, I just can't use it on the forum. I hate that they both got away with it at the end.

Series finale "Rubber Room" is on now. Is it wrong that I feel sorry for the ex-teacher? Not condoning his plans to blow up the school, but that false accusation by the snotty student that ruined his life and I don't blame him for being furious for that. I felt for him when he called his ex and lashed out at her for abandoning him when he needed her the most. 

Im glad that there were no casualties, and I hope that he was able to get help.

I know there are some horrible teachers, but the parents/kids sometimes have way too much power.  I was an in class tutor in east Harlem in nyc and made a comment to a student I was working one on one with.  I was trying to get him to apply himself.  Dude started threatening to have his mom come to the school and have me lose my job, etc. I explained what I meant and he got it, but that experience made me not want to teach in the public school system.

Share this post


Link to post

At least in the real life case that Patient Zero was inspired by, the piece of shit doctor went to jail. That episode’s ending always pisses me off, the wife was an uncaring bitch, for some reason she decided to stay with her scumbag husband. That’s an interesting episode as the main case doesn’t start until about 10 minutes in or so, Briscoe and Green solve the original carjacking murder quickly and then it’s revealed that the victim had the SARS virus in her car. 

And yeah I felt some sympathy for the teacher in Rubber Room, sitting in a room like that with nothing to do for hours each day would have an effect on your state of mind for sure. 

Season 14 marathon on ION today, one of my favorites. I love the Briscoe-Green detective pairing, the legal half is pretty good as well as I kind of like Arthur Branch and the episodes are just excellent quality. 

Share this post


Link to post

WE is back to S1. I miss Lennie. But I do like the early years. While I liked the series as a whole (duh!), the early years, to me, weren't about shocking twists and hand wringing, as some cases were wont to have. Just more "real" and yet still good TV and compelling cases.

Greevey was a bit of a blowhard, though.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

"By Hooker, By Crook" is on now. And it's something to see how things change: One of the prostitutes had HIV and was understandably devastated, as getting that diagnosis in 1990 was virtually a death sentence.

I am aware some people do still succumb to HIV/AIDS, and it is still a very serious illness. But with new protocols and medications, many are now living with it and managing it. It is no longer always fatal.

But then, besides the outdated computers and such, some things were bound to become dated on a show that was on the air for so long.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

What I love seeing in the old shows is they have to stop at a payphone to call the ME or the Precinct to get the latest bit of info.   In later years, they just answered their cellphones.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, merylinkid said:

What I love seeing in the old shows is they have to stop at a payphone to call the ME or the Precinct to get the latest bit of info.   In later years, they just answered their cellphones.

Also you could see the changing attitudes towards gays,  interracial couples and tattoos over those two decades 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
23 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

WE is back to S1. I miss Lennie. But I do like the early years. While I liked the series as a whole (duh!), the early years, to me, weren't about shocking twists and hand wringing, as some cases were wont to have. Just more "real" and yet still good TV and compelling cases.

Greevey was a bit of a blowhard, though.

Yeah, but so was Cragen,and I know I am going this isn't a popular opinion here, so was Ben Stone (RIP). There was a lot of bombast and speechifying in those early years!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Greevey was an arrogant, obnoxious blowhard, I wanted to slug him in Life Choice for his idiotic comments about abortion and I was glad Logan and Cragen jumped him hard for his comments, they were disgusting. But yeah I like the early seasons as well, there were a few less twists ( although I never felt L&O did things for shock value regularly and only a few times did the twists go so far as to be unbelievable) and I liked a lot of the stories, season 1 came right out of the gate taking on a lot of controversial issues, and I liked the character lineup as well, Stone and Robinette were very good prosecutors, Cragen was a good squad leader, I didn’t care for Greevey but I did like the Logan-Cerreta and Logan-Briscoe pairings, and of course Adam Schiff was legendary.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Watching "Burden" right now and those parents of that brain damaged boy were real pieces of work. Not just for hiring that doctor knowing full well that his reputation for killing his patients, but for misleading the police to make it seem like their own daughter was the one that killed him.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Season 16 on ION today

I always like at the end of America Inc when McCoy tears into Melnick for putting her own agenda ahead of her client’s, I always hated Melnick, she was an obnoxious bitch who defended the most unlikable people, and was very self righteous but always willing to do underhanded things and didn’t seem to have her clients best interests at heart, she was one of my least favorite lawyers, easy to hate. 

Next up was Thinking Makes It So, outstanding episode where Fontana shoves the kidnapper’s head in the toilet to find the girl’s location, and Dworkin defends the kidnapper. McCoy and Dworkin’s discussions about Fontana’s actions and the case are very interesting, both are conflicted about the entire situation, as was I, while I understand the desire to get the kidnapped girl back safely by any means, Fontana sticking the guy’s head in the toilet sets a very bad precedent at the least that would allow police to violate suspects rights and lead to the destruction of our constitutional rights, and it was interesting to hear McCoy and Dworkin discuss the difficult issue, both knew there were no easy answers and were conflicted about what to do.

Positive is on now, about the doctor who was trying to cure AIDS by giving the test subjects unapproved drugs, interesting episode but not one of my favorites, not the most original story the franchise had done or the most interesting. It was interesting though to see how angry Rodgers seemed to be when examining the girl who had died, the usually unemotional Rodgers seemed really pissed off.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
On ‎2‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 6:02 PM, Xeliou66 said:

Season 16 on ION today

I always like at the end of America Inc when McCoy tears into Melnick for putting her own agenda ahead of her client’s, I always hated Melnick, she was an obnoxious bitch who defended the most unlikable people, and was very self righteous but always willing to do underhanded things and didn’t seem to have her clients best interests at heart, she was one of my least favorite lawyers, easy to hate. 

 

So did I. For all those reasons. It was always about her agenda and not her clients and she was so obnoxious and self-righteous. I love McCoy for tearing into her. She deserve a lot more then that. The worse for me was Open Season. When she deliberately ignored the Judge's ruling which resulted in someone being killed. She didn't care about why the ruling was made or that her client was clearly a danger. She still manages to act like a bitch. She's shocked that she's going to be arrested and mad at McCoy. I can't figure out why he feels bad about what happens to her. She deserved a lot more for what she did. I like that she got shot at the end of the episode.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
On February 28, 2018 at 8:02 PM, Xeliou66 said:

Season 16 on ION today

I always like at the end of America Inc when McCoy tears into Melnick for putting her own agenda ahead of her client’s, I always hated Melnick, she was an obnoxious bitch who defended the most unlikable people, and was very self righteous but always willing to do underhanded things and didn’t seem to have her clients best interests at heart, she was one of my least favorite lawyers, easy to hate.  

"WHO GIVES A DAMN WHAT YOU THINK ANYWAY?!"

I waited so long for someone to say those words to that sactimonious bitch. Thank you, Jack. Thank you.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

^^ That was so divine!  I may have cheered when he said that.  I remember rolling my eyes and nearly changing the channel but Jack saved the day.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

Yes it was beautiful when McCoy laid into Melnick at the end of that one, she was such an underhanded sleaze yet she always acted like she was some beacon of morality and was incredibly self righteous, she was basically a female Rey Curtis. I hated how she would act like McCoy was unethical, when she was the actual one who was an unethical bitch who should’ve been disbarred.  Not only was she incredibly unlikable, but she wasn’t entertaining either. I wish she had died at the end of Open Season, she should’ve been stripped of her license after that episode anyway. 

America Inc isn’t one of my favorite episodes, the constant Iraq War centered episodes in those years got old, but McCoy ripping into the bitch made the episode good. Thinking Makes It So was a far superior episode, the debate about the use of force to achieve information was well done and McCoy and Dworkin’s debates were great as always, Dworkin was a far superior lawyer compared to Melnick, and the scene where Fontana dunks Lowe’s head in the toilet was both intense and darkly funny, as well as disturbing and thought provoking.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
On 2/28/2018 at 7:02 PM, Xeliou66 said:

Season 16 on ION today

I always like at the end of America Inc when McCoy tears into Melnick for putting her own agenda ahead of her client’s, I always hated Melnick, she was an obnoxious bitch who defended the most unlikable people, and was very self righteous but always willing to do underhanded things and didn’t seem to have her clients best interests at heart, she was one of my least favorite lawyers, easy to hate. 

Next up was Thinking Makes It So, outstanding episode where Fontana shoves the kidnapper’s head in the toilet to find the girl’s location, and Dworkin defends the kidnapper. McCoy and Dworkin’s discussions about Fontana’s actions and the case are very interesting, both are conflicted about the entire situation, as was I, while I understand the desire to get the kidnapped girl back safely by any means, Fontana sticking the guy’s head in the toilet sets a very bad precedent at the least that would allow police to violate suspects rights and lead to the destruction of our constitutional rights, and it was interesting to hear McCoy and Dworkin discuss the difficult issue, both knew there were no easy answers and were conflicted about what to do.

I never hated Melnick. IDK maybe because I like Tovah Feldshuh and I always enjoyed that L&O had recurring characters. I liked her give and take with Jack. She could be a royal bitch and very often had an agenda. There were definitely episodes were I intensely disliked her. To each his own. ?

I know this is a UO but I liked Fontana and watch Thinking Makes It So any time I see it’s on the schedule. Did not like Borgia in this episode. Actually, I never liked her.  I freaking loved Fontana in Fixed when he treated that stupid woman who was engaged to Jacob Lowenstein like the idiot she was. Criminal Law was good, too. He had an attitude but he was not even close to being the sanctimonious asshole Rey was. I hated that DF was replaced by that stupid model cop. ?????? I loved how Anita treated her with disdain. Loved when she would tell her off like in her first episode. When Anita tells her to watch and learn and then has to tell her, again, I cheer a little inside. What a mistake she was.

Killerz is on TNT today. I know it’s been mentioned here but that girl really is scary creepy. Skoda had her pegged. I always liked Olivet but she was wrong. I always think to myself it was her hormones and pregnancy talking in that episode.

Edited by natalie wood
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
20 minutes ago, natalie wood said:

I freaking loved Fontana in Indifference when he treated that stupid woman who was engaged to Jacob Lowenstein

Wrong episode and season. “Indifference” is from season One. The follow up was Fixed,” where Lowenstein was released on parole, season 15.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Damn it!

19 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Wrong episode and season. “Indifference” is from season One. The follow up was Fixed,” where Lowenstein was released on parole, season 15.

Damn it! I looked it up and still wrote the wrong title name. ?

eta and now it’s Fixed.??

Edited by natalie wood
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size