Type keyword(s) to search

S21.E15: Finale: The Last Girl Standing (1) / America's Next Top Model Is… (2)

Tyra introduces the final four models to her cosmetics line and challenges them to a commercial shoot with help from some of the previously eliminated contestants. Later, the models participate in their last photo shoot.

Tyra introduces the final four models to her cosmetics line and challenges them to a commercial shoot with help from some of the previously eliminated contestants. Later, the models participate in their last photo shoot.

So... Tyra had to make her own cosmetics line for them to have something to use for the commercial portion of the finale? Is Covergirl too embarrassed to be associated with this show any longer? How sad. 

• Love 2

So... Tyra had to make her own cosmetics line for them to have something to use for the commercial portion of the finale?

My guess is Tyra saw another avenue to make more money. This way, sales go into her pocket and not Covergirl's, and her show can be her one-hour commercial. Everyone wants to look like a Top Model, right? Remember when she wrote that book and used the show to pimp that?

• Love 6

ANTM has become kind of a self-licking ice cream cone for Tyra, really.  Most of the contestants we're getting now grew up watching this show (several of them have even said this), so now it's like breeding this crop of contestants whose first impression of modeling IS this show.  Wear Top Model makeup so you can become a Top Model. 

Like, the show isn't really doing that much for the modeling industry, since most of the winners don't really get anywhere near the "top," it's basically just creating hype for itself so it can stay on the air.

Edited by belligerent
  • Love 4

So... Tyra had to make her own cosmetics line for them to have something to use for the commercial portion of the finale? Is Covergirl too embarrassed to be associated with this show any longer? How sad. 

Remember "Dream Come True"? What happened with that? Last cycle they only had to shoot the Guess campaign right?

I'm surprised that Tyra hasn't started a Top Model modelling school yet. Another way to take advantage of people who have no chance of being a top model.

Oh my, don't say that! She's an omnipotent force of darkness that hears everything! Before you know it, there WILL be a Top Model school of horrors somewhere in the pits of Los Angeles...

• Love 4

Remember "Dream Come True"? What happened with that? Last cycle they only had to shoot the Guess campaign right?

Wasn't that her high class toilet water fragrance she pushed for ten seconds? I'm a perfume freak - I am constantly on Luckyscent and Aedes de Venustas having perfumegasms, so I always wondered what that crap smelled like? Probably some boring citrus floral candy blend like most run of the mill perfumes.

At this rate, by the time Tyra is 66 she'll be flying a spaceship, taking the modeltestants to her home planet in a binary system within the heart of Sagittarius, where they will be warped onto a giant planet where fuzzy pink aliens all hail to the Kween Tyrane, shouting "Booch!" and "Glory to the Tooch!" Seeing as that I am Byzantine Orthodox, I find this vision highly disturbing.

• Love 6

She launched the make-up line on HSN a week or two ago (http://www.hsn.com/shop/tyra/12936?rid=3752&query=tyra%20banks&isSuggested=False&) - I was channel surfing and caught a bit of the launch; she did bring the crazy (I felt bad for the host).

She launched the make-up line on HSN a week or two ago (http://www.hsn.com/shop/tyra/12936?rid=3752&query=tyra%20banks&isSuggested=False&) - I was channel surfing and caught a bit of the launch; she did bring the crazy (I felt bad for the host).

I saw that too! It was totally wacky - she had on a hornet yellow mini dress that was for somebody my size, and every time she even swayed her hips you could see her black Spanx leotard. And she kept saying weird things and making strange faces. It was like watching Exorcist Lite.

• Love 1

I saw that too! It was totally wacky - she had on a hornet yellow mini dress that was for somebody my size, and every time she even swayed her hips you could see her black Spanx leotard. And she kept saying weird things and making strange faces. It was like watching Exorcist Lite.

That sounds absolutely amazing. I love crazy-ass Tyra, LOL!

• Love 1

Crazy ass Tyra is my favorite. Actually I only watch ANTM to see crazy ass Tyra torturing the hamsters with vertical runways, making them walk while on fire and in 10 inch heels etc. Oh, and her talking about her modeling experience at 17 in Paris where she booked every show and have different walks for each designer, and her adventures with her best friend Becky.

• Love 8

At this rate, by the time Tyra is 66 she'll be flying a spaceship, taking the modeltestants to her home planet in a binary system within the heart of Sagittarius, where they will be warped onto a giant planet where fuzzy pink aliens all hail to the Kween Tyrane, shouting "Booch!" and "Glory to the Tooch!"

I'm totally watching that show. Can't wait for tonight. Will Will (ha ha) wear his 6-in. heels to walk the runway? Tune in and see!

I don't think the Finale will show for me tonight because there's a Pac-12 football game on during the ANTM hours.

I'll have to catch the mess through OnDemand.

ETA: Nevermind. I keep getting Fox and The CW confused. At any rate, I won't be able to watch it until much later.

Edited by Surrealist

How convenient they make Will get naked again, then tell him to own his body, then tell him how he looks too soft and his stomach is falling out of his pants. No wonder he's crying all over the place.

I swear I heard Keith talk about his sad life half a dozen times in the first hour so far. Thanks, editing. 

I don't doubt Adam drinks a lot, but I also don't see him being any different than any other college kid. It started getting real awkward there, he probably feels like shit watching this back. 

Tyra had it out for Lenox since that one week, and has had a hard-on for Keith since the beginning so this wasn't a big surprise. Snooooooore. Lenox needs confidence but she also consistently took amazing photos without having to be poked and prodded and screamed at like some....

Tyra's song is tragic.

• Love 8

Of course Lenox gets canned because she did the best at the first challenge and Tyra loves her Guess shots.  Okay.  I hope NEXT calls her up and signs her next week.  Ugh.

I've been spoiled by who won since yesterday because this show doesn't care anymore and has at least two casting calls for C22 that show the winner.  What a waste of a cycle and that's saying something.

I'll just be happy that Austria seems to have a decent male winner in Oliver.

Edited by milkyaqua

Of course Lenox gets canned because she did the best at the first challenge and then she's too sexy in her Guess shots. Okay. I hope NEXT calls her up and signs her next week. Ugh.

I've been spoiled by who won since yesterday because this show doesn't care anymore and has at least two casting calls for C22 that show the winner. What a waste of a cycle and that's saying something.

I think they just gave up, seeing as that a lot of people were recording EXIF data from the shots and were drawing up predictive horoscopes foretelling the future winner. It's impossible in this day and age with all this tech to keep things under lock and key.

Lenox will do fine, I bet. She just needs to not look so dead undead when she's on the runway.

Tyra wants a guy to win so a guy she will have. She tried her very best c.20 but knew it would be blasphemy not to crown Jourdan, even though she didn't need Tyra or ANTM to be as good as she is. I'll be surprised if it isn't Keith Bot.

Edited by BathKol

I am actually quite happy Adam is top 3. Drunk or not, I can't help but like him. He hasn't been the best but he has been consistent.

Adam will fit right in with the modeling world. It is full of very young women and men who drink and party their asses off. Then sleep a couple hours and go to a photo shoot. There are certain makeup tricks you can use to make yourself look "fresh". As long as the drinking doesn't interfere with getting a good pic and being professional nobody gives a damn. Nobody will get thrown off a shoot for having alcohol on their breath. The bottom line in modeling is the Money.

Will is still my favorite. As long as he wins I don't care who the top 3 is.

Keith making top 3 kind of sucks. But It's not the end of the world for me. Whatever. Just as long as he doesn't beat Will.

I don't care about Lennox being eliminated. And I don't see Tyra's supposed hate for her. If Tyra hated her she could have eliminated her long ago. I always felt she liked Lennox ok but preferred Shai. I would have rather have seen Shai in top 4 over Lennox. Every season there is always somebody Tyra "hates" but they end up going far.

I have a feeling Keith will NOT win. Mainly because of Tyra's hard on for him.

This season a guy genuinely deserves to win. The women have all sucked. Tyra didn't have to rig it to make a guy the potential winner. The guys have been kicking ass from the beginning.

Edited by kathy42977
  • Love 1

I know Tyra wanted a boy to win this cycle but she had better choices than this top three.

I hope C22 is better but I'm not holding my breath.  I hope that now that she has her male winner they'll be a better crop...but who am I kidding.

I'm not exactly sure how Adam is going to really model considering he's short and looks it.

Keith looks kind of old but he's got decent measurements (height-wise) at least.

Will needs to tone up but he's still too tall.

Almost any of the girls would have made better winners than this final three.

• Love 1

Geez can we get the bullshit coronation of Keith over with already?

I will barf if he mentions getting out of the projects as his motivation one more time.  If he was in the NFL, didn't that help with his family's financial situation? Or was his career too short to make a lot of money?

Adam is cute and he has kind of grown on me, but his constant dick-swinging utterances are really annoying.  I also snicker every time he talks about his noble sacrifice of giving up grad school.

Edited by Gianthambeast
  • Love 2

Of course Lenox gets canned because she did the best at the first challenge and Tyra loves her Guess shots.  Okay.  I hope NEXT calls her up and signs her next week.  Ugh.

I've been spoiled by who won since yesterday because this show doesn't care anymore and has at least two casting calls for C22 that show the winner.  What a waste of a cycle and that's saying something.

I THOUGHT SO! I came back from vacation thinking I had somehow managed to miss the finale, because I saw the lil congrats scene.

(Rolls eyes)

That's all I got. Though, I believe Tyra when she was talking about how she went crazy on kimchi.

Just because you keep saying Keith has versatility doesn't make it true. He's just so boring.

Oh, Tyra. I was rooting for you!

Edited by rustyspigot
  • Love 1

Keith winning was the worst kept secret since Saleisha and Whitney won.  He's not quite as bad as those two but I find it telling that Tyra seemed more happy for Keith than he did about winning.  But that was probably because she's had the hots for him from day one.

• Love 4

I know Tyra wanted a boy to win this cycle but she had better choices than this top three.

I hope C22 is better but I'm not holding my breath. I hope that now that she has her male winner they'll be a better crop...but who am I kidding.

I'm not exactly sure how Adam is going to really model considering he's short and looks it.

Keith looks kind of old but he's got decent measurements (height-wise) at least.

Will needs to tone up but he's still too tall.

Almost any of the girls would have made better winners than this final three.

I have the unfortunate (or fortunate, depending) fault of not remembering the other dudes. I just can vaguely recall Peahead Denzel in the midst of my mind. Oh...now I see Matthew...annnndddd that's it??? Oh and Ben. Uuuuhhhh my crystal ball has been hijacked, it is the Tyra Waves.

In c.22 Tyra will probably have conjoined twins, monkey people, and werewolves as contestants. Every season gets even more supernatural than the last.

Adam...I can see him as the dark, handsome rake on a soap opera or some cheezy Gossip Girl clone if he doesn't turn himself into sauerkraut before long. If he turns up in a jar of formaldehyde at the museum I won't blink twice.

I wonder what kind of dancing Will does because if he is as pro as he claims he should be rangy or pretty muscular. Male ballet dancers are no joke - you can't do doubles and triple sauts and assemblés with scrawny chicken legs and a gut.

• Love 2

They need to ditch the stupid social media vote. It's pointless and the average person on the street does not know a thing about what makes a good picture.

They need to go back to the expert judges. Actual models and people in the industry.

Social media is what got Keith the win. Without that I think Will had the win.

• Love 5

This show REALLY doesn't give much of a shit anymore. What sloppy editing during judging! They cut to Tyra while her V/O about the prizes was still running. 

I hadn't seen the spoiler so was hoping for one of two things: a/Adam wins and then Tyra takes it away because he's a 'bad role model', or b/Will wins (I know, too tall and bad, bad posture...but I love Will)

Keith? Blargh. He won't make it 2 seconds as a professional model. Too much work.

• Love 2

It's pointless and the average person on the street does not know a thing about what makes a good picture.

I agree/disagree with this, because Will usually ranked higher than Keith in the social media scores. To me this kind of proves that notion of an average person can not pick out a model because the fans generally didn't care that he is far too tall.

As for the Keith, he was was my pre-show pick due to him having (imo) the most modelling potential, so yay to that.  Top Model history has proven time and time again that potential always matters more than performance, so I think he'll do fine. If this was a fair competition, then Lennox would be the winner, but not don't that would lead to some SJW complaints about another white winning the comp.

I don't know that social media makes that much of a difference.  Okay, they are looking at the pics when they first come out so they haven't formed opinions on the personality of the models because no way that doesn't come into it when people are voting for these folks.  I think Matthew gave an interview that pretty much says the same thing about the social media stuff not really mattering.

Frankly, I think Tyra added social media because she wanted even more say in who actually won.  Before that, she's always claimed it was democratic as far as the voting went in panel and that each judge had a say.  However then as now, Tyra is still pulling the strings because she's always chosen which pictures panel and the audience gets to see.

I think if she'd had her druthers when this social media stuff first started, Kiara would have won C19 and gosh knows she was practically chomping at the bit to give the win to Marvin last cycle.

I'm curious as to what Lenox's Nylon stuff looked like and how (not that it mattered) social media played into it for her.  Bottom line is Tyra finally got her male winner because otherwise what's the point of her doing this great experiment if she can't get the outcome she wants so she manipulated it as much as she could because really, Adam making top three?  He should have been cut before he got anywhere near there.  Her showing up at almost every photoshoot once they went overseas as well I found telling as well.  Sure, there's conjecture she showed up because of Yu Tsai and maybe not caring for how he was running the photoshoots (but I call b.s. on that because they don't do anything that they haven't been told to do by TPTB).  She had to make sure her chosen got to the end even if she had to retcon once she got to panel.

Congratulations on that Tyra.  Like I said earlier, even with the crappy photoshoots (yes, even crappier than the ANTM ones) Austria actually got their male winner right.

Edited by milkyaqua

Good for Keith! He has the right look and build, and had the right sob story that reality TV loves! Adam will be fine. He got a redemption arc, and "most improved", while Will got a coming out story that melted some hearts somewhere where they don't have gay people. And Lenox actually won as well if you consider the fact that, again, males and females don't compete in the industry, so she was the best girl. And Tyra wins because she gets a cosmetics line, commercials for said line where the "talent" doesn't need to get paid, and another season! It's all winners tonight!

Edited by NorthstarATL
  • Love 2

Tyra was so insecure about making Keith's win look legit she had them splice in a random shot of the audience cheering and played it back twice after Keith walked to look like they were going wild over him. The actual shot of him walking showed the audience next to him barely interested, as they looked most of the show.

Nice seeing Alison again who has a better career than all the nobodys Tyra has crowned ANTM.

They need to ditch the stupid social media vote. It's pointless and the average person on the street does not know a thing about what makes a good picture.

I disagree with this because I think the social media votes consistently have to be outweighed by the judges giving bullshit scores.  The people who watch this show with enough interest to vote (I wonder how many that actually is) know what good modeling is, imho.  Even if they didn't have that knowledge-generating interest in fashion and byproducts like this show, models are judged by the average public all the time.  It'd be nice, though, if the audience judged on the same photos (that fraud really bugs me).

I stopped at the midpoint.  Maybe I'll watch the second episode, maybe not.  They shouldn't have given me a week away from it and then brought back contestants I don't care for and had Keith repeat his story for an hour.  You don't go on reality tv to help your family, you do it because you want to be famous.  You want to help your family, you get a damn job.  Same goes to Lenox, though they didn't edit her in saying it as much.  I liked the last few weeks of this cycle, shame it ends this way.  

I think Lenox got screwed.  Adam's eyes in one of his photos were flat.  Keith struggled mightily in ways other contestants get called out for.  Somehow none of that mattered.  I wish Kelly had been watching and selected the best photos.  Can't believe I said that, but I think she's the most likely to pick something objectively (Miss Jay's not bad though).

Congrats to Keith.  Now that Tyra's checked the "male winner" box, maybe we can have an open competition.  Unless she needs an androgynous person to win.  

Did they ever show the entire commercial for Tyra's product in what seems to have been an irrelevant challenge (outside of the possible impact on Tyra's bank account)?  Also...not sure I'd buy makeup called "Oops."  Or buy Tyra-brand makeup after seeing what Tyra does to these people who are, apparently, her playthings because she likes to change the way people look.  I'm a guy, though, so I'm not really the target market.

Did they ever show the entire commercial for Tyra's product in what seems to have been an irrelevant challenge (outside of the possible impact on Tyra's bank account)?  Also...not sure I'd buy makeup called "Oops."  Or buy Tyra-brand makeup after seeing what Tyra does to these people who are, apparently, her playthings because she likes to change the way people look.  I'm a guy, though, so I'm not really the target market.

Tyra is peddling this stuff on HSN.  Her little make-up spots on there are only slightly less crazy than these.

Has Kelly ever, ever, even once seen a Guess ad? Every single woman in those ads is hoochie. A hoochie sundae with hot hoochie sauce and a hoochie cherry on top. Lennox exemplified Guess in that shot.

Not that it mattered, because Tyrant was determined to have a guy win.

But seriously?

I really can't stand Kelly. And she needs to shower and wash her hair more than once a month.

• Love 6

Top Model history has proven time and time again that potential always matters more than performance

Since about Season 9 and Saleisha Gate Tyra has hardly picked anyone with any potential, and most of the so called 'winners' have gone on to do very little work or have just stopped modeling entirely. If they have had a semblance of a career, it is low bro modeling at best, such as Whitney circa c.10 and her weird escapades (gross). Didn't she star a dating website/hookup/blog whatnot for plus size girls??? Oh well.

If this were the early cycles I would agree with you. But even then only a smidge have had decent careers. Except for BrittanI and Jourdan (I think I'm forgetting someone), most of the really successful girls have always been the runner ups and early axes.

Has Kelly ever, ever, even once seen a Guess ad? Every single woman in those ads is hoochie. A hoochie sundae with hot hoochie sauce and a hoochie cherry on top. Lennox exemplified Guess in that shot. Not that it mattered, because Tyrant was determined to have a guy win. I really can't stand Kelly. And she needs to shower and wash her hair more than once a month.

But seriously?

Did you ever watch Kell on Earth, it was horrible.

Kelly is just pushing her dogma (badly). I usually find gratuitous depictions of sex in fashion ads disturbing but the Guess? ads are rather pretty. They need to work on updating their fabric quality tho.

• Love 1

It was good Tyra admitted she was crazy right before the show started.

It was funny to see Tyra screaming at the models while they were actually walking like she was in her bedroom. It is Tyra's world. Tyra is not going to grow saner so I wish next season to be even crazier than this.

Keith got the winner's edit.

• Love 1

Keith got the winner's edit.

So they dished everything on him, huh? Like that he climbed Kilimanjaro in one day when he was 17 to find his spiritual self amongst the shamen of the white caves, that he raises puppies and his family were an ancient dying race of galactic robots that implanted their superpowers in his DNA and we just found out....

• Love 2

I have to say, I really disagree with Alex's recap of this season.  I am a gay man and I cringe at the idea that the winner should be the gay guy because, progress.  Yes, this show is bullshit but in terms of modeling, Will is too tall and soft.  Will isn't a better model because he's the progressive choice, just like Obama or Clinton would not be better presidents because they're not white males.  And personally, I got tired of Will weeping all season.  

Also, enough with the Adam bashing.  Adam was nothing but pleasant and sweet all season, and he addressed his past with regret, saying it cost him dearly.  He seemed to have nothing but genuine affection for Will.  It's not like Adam curb stomped some gay guys in college.  Drop the character assassination, he did nothing to deserve it on this show.

• Love 11

Well, that was just anticlimactic...

From the start, Tyra clearly wanted to bang Keith... I mean, crown him the winner... but she smartly waited until halfway through the season to start praising him and made sure to have Yu berate him mercilessly at photo shoots to throw people off. The only surprise was that she actually eliminated Lennox so there would be no question going into the finals that a guy was going to win this cycle. She'd already stacked the deck three against one, but I guess that wasn't enough for her!

I still think Will has the most modeling potential of the guys, even if he is really tall. Keith is pretty, but when they were going through his photos in the ending montage, it just proved that he seriously has only one look to give. (Except for that one photo where he didn't smoulder, but looked scared for some reason) I can't see Adam acting on a soap as someone above mentioned, but I can totally see him modeling underwear. He's got the build for it.

I thought the commercials looked BSC when they were shooting them, but nothing could have prepared me for the ridiculousness of the final produt. Oh my God, that was some awesomely crazy Tyra right there. Now THAT'S why I still watch this show! And I'm surprised Tyra didn't give Raelia the box with the shading stick in it just to make sure 100% that Will would pick it and have to take his shirt off and be humiliated in front of everyone. That said, while Will isn't muscular or cut, I would still kill to be that skinny. He's got nothing to be ashamed of. That boy is BEAUTIFUL.

I didn't know the boy band they trotted out in the earlier episode, but I was surprised that they got 2NE1, who I actually HAVE heard of. I mean, they obviously weren't going to get anyone like Girls' Generation or Super Junior, but I figured only groups that need the publicity would agree to be part of this train wreck. Because the runway is no longer just contestants participating in an actual fashion show, but a showcase for ANTM. I mean, at least I feel like in the earlier cycles it was more like a regular fashion show that the show was allowed to be a part of so they could get extra publicity for the brand. But this was all Tyra all the time. I think they had what, three or four legitimate Korean models in the show that I saw?

Oh, and did you know that Keith's father passed away and that he's doing this to help his poor mother?

• Love 2

Tyra is what got Keith the win, no doubt in my mind. 

I think that may have been the most predictable finale in ANTM history.  No surprise that the final 3 were all males and no surprise that Keith won.  It did crack me up how the judges were bending over backwards to justify Adam being in the final 3.  Yes, we are going to judge you on your entire body of work but will only consider the 3 photoshoots that Adam did halfway decent in.

Highlight for me was Matthew.  He looked hot on that runway!

• Love 5

If I had never watched a single episode and just tuned in for the last 10 minutes and saw Will standing next to Keith, I would have bet all my money on Keith winning. People don't have to be prejudiced to prefer one race over another, and in my mind Tyra would naturally pick Keith over Will. Just like I would have picked Will over Keith. After all, isn't modeling a personal preference thing anyway?

Plus Keith had the sob-story back story. But I have to ask: What "professional football" team did he play for that his mom is still living in the projects? I know someone who was signed by an NFL team, tackled/injured at his first practice and never played a game. And the insurance payout made him a millionaire.

Will, on the other hand, only had his "coming to accept himself" back story. Not good enough to be the final winner, even if all his photos were the best and everyone liked him, including the photographers he worked with and the other contestants.

To the poster who commented on Seoul just being in Korea, did ya'll notice Adam, when he called home, said he was in Seoul, SOUTH Korea? I thought of you guys here! Well done, Adam.

Adam getting best photo for the last time was his consolation prize for coming in third.

Chantelle, please, what was up with your  "Everyone is upset that I'm back" TH? We are all over you so get over yourself. You are NOT ANTM. Thought it was squiggy that she was part of the "light/dark" commercial though.

How smart was Will to pick Ivy first for his commercial? Boy noticed that she had best photo each week, even after being eliminated first. He even picked her over his girl Raelia. I did like Will's commercial best. That I liked it at all is shocking since Tyra's film editing is schizophrenic at best.

Will is still the most beautiful human I've ever seen. Staring at his face has been the highlight of my Friday night.

• Love 2

We all knew Keith was going to win so he could do crazy ass Tyra in appreciation.

That said, I don't find him attractive at all. I know you don't have to be handsome or necessarily attractive to model, but I don't even find him pleasant to look at. Some people with tats look dirty instead of arty and I would put him in that category.

Also, he had one basic facial expression and not even a scintilla of creativity. I was wondering the same thing about his pro football career. Even with only playing a year in Philly and less than that for my Giants, he was placed on injured reserve and got an injury settlement. Yet he still couldn't bother to at least get his beloved mom out of the projects? Selfish.

Will is gorgeous and I hope he goes on to better things, putting ANTM firmly behind him.

I ended up liking Adam, too, and I wish him well. I wish he would stop drinking SO much, though. I mean, he's what, 26 now? Brain cells stop regenerating at his age, so he needs to stop killing them.

I was happy to see Lenox leave. For all her innocence and allegedly angelic appearance, I found her unpleasant, judge-y and immature. Not that I'm a fan AT ALL of Chantelle, but Lenox was just as heinous as Chantelle could be on occasion.

ETA: Please for all that is clean and light, get Kelly off this show. I realize Tyra wants her around because she is less attractive than Tyra so T doesn't have to feel threatened, but does she really bring anything to this crazy shitfest? I love Miss J being back. Bring back Nigel or OMG, I can't believe I'm saying this, even Janice, FFS.

Edited by PepperMonkey
  • Love 2