Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E09: Let's Make a Deal

color me surprised, did they just reference Nick's background from the early early years?  Shocking.  I enjoyed seeing Nick getting to show his investigative skills with out getting pushed to the backburner by The Fin.  And George/Nick shaved.

The fact that I really enjoyed this as an old-fashioned investigation ep shows how far my expectations have fallen over the years. No CSIs in danger, no gratuitous Finn flirting, no angst, just a nice deduction story. Good tight script. I liked the little bit with Nick at the end. It said a lot without saying much. George did a nice job.

I still get nitpicks from the un-CSI like behaviour of the cast though. Morgan walks into the jail cell with hair falling everywhere, but she's a blonde and it's CBS, so CSI professionalism goes out the window. She barely aimed her camera before shooting off shots god knows whether she actually managed to capture anything. 

Overall though a good episode. Kept me guessing. I wonder if we will see snotty FBI guy again? He was so unpleasant he seems like a recurring character. 

• Love 2

Morgan walks into the jail cell with hair falling everywhere, but she's a blonde and it's CBS, so CSI professionalism goes out the window. She barely aimed her camera before shooting off shots god knows whether she actually managed to capture anything.

This has always been a nitpick i've had with all of the CSI shows.  The women always, from Catherine to Calleigh (or how ever she spelled her name) to the Stella, the women have always flung their loose hair around their always dark crime scenes.  As a photographer in law enforcement the photography has always drove me crazy.  The cameras that they've been using over the years, until recently, are ones that you have to use the viewer.  You have to look thru the camera to see what you are photographing.  A huge pet peeve for me.  

I basically have gotten to the point that I just accept these things like I do the magic instant DNA machine and the magically AFIS machine.

Once again though I've got to give kudos to George for his great work.  It made me actually really pay attention to the show for the first time in a while.  And unlike some of the other CSI's, Nicky didn't Make It Personal like his various co-workers have.  

• Love 1

This has always been a nitpick i've had with all of the CSI shows.  The women always, from Catherine to Calleigh (or how ever she spelled her name) to the Stella, the women have always flung their loose hair around their always dark crime scenes.  

It find it off putting. I watch NCIS and in 12 seasons they've never had a woman with long hair have it loose at a crime scene. It's also not believable that these women would pull their hair back. Long hair gets in the way, your working on something, you pull it back. I speak as someone with long hair. 

Yes they really really did reference his being abused. I about fainted.

I like that they referenced it but he didn't explain to Russell, I wouldn't have bought Nick telling anyone else unless it was possibly Sara or Greg. 

Really liked this episode - it reminded me of old school CSI without the kinky sex angles and without too much Finn. I also liked seeing Conrad take an active role; that was the part that Brass would have had previously. Definitely caught that Nick admitted being abused. Good twist at the end. The actual killer acted the hell out of it.

• Love 1
I like that they referenced [Nick's abuse] but he didn't explain to Russell, I wouldn't have bought Nick telling anyone else unless it was possibly Sara or Greg.

I went ahead and fanwanked that Nick had told Russell about the abuse in some off-screen case (since there have to be many cases they work on that we never see or hear about), because I was just so darned happy that the writers (a) remembered the backstory and (b) referenced it without a HUGE.ANGSTY.PERSONAL.SCENE.  

I think Nick was more likely to have told DB- a man who has been demonstratively more supportive of Nick's empathy than just about anyone (and I include Sara, Greg and Gil in this)- than anyone else he currently works with.