Type keyword(s) to search

Unpopular Opinions: The Cheese Stands Alone

• Start Topic

I think Dylan and Val had the most chemistry of pretty much any couple on the show, and it bums me out that the writers only really used that pairing as part of Dylan's self destructive, depressive episode arc.

But having said that, I also loved the friendship between Andrea and Dylan. Even though they didn't get many scenes together, their relationship always felt grounded and authentic. It shouldn't have made sense, but somehow it did. And my real unpopular opinion is that I would have liked to see them paired romantically, actually. I think that they would have been really interesting together (definitely more interesting than the Brenda/Dylan/Kelly triangle, which was overblown, and INFINITELY more interesting than the Dylan/Kelly/Brandon triangle, which I couldn't have cared less about and yet somehow carried on for YEARS).

Edited by GrahamV
  • Love 7
(edited)
On 3/29/2019 at 12:46 AM, GrahamV said:

I think Dylan and Val had the most chemistry of pretty much any couple on the show, and it bums me out that the writers only really used that pairing as part of Dylan's self destructive, depressive episode arc.

But having said that, I also loved the friendship between Andrea and Dylan. Even though they didn't get many scenes together, their relationship always felt grounded and authentic. It shouldn't have made sense, but somehow it did. And my real unpopular opinion is that I would have liked to see them paired romantically, actually. I think that they would have been really interesting together (definitely more interesting than the Brenda/Dylan/Kelly triangle, which was overblown, and INFINITELY more interesting than the Dylan/Kelly/Brandon triangle, which I couldn't have cared less about and yet somehow carried on for YEARS).

I liked a lot of the Dylan and Val episodes too, but as for putting them together in a real romantic relationship, I don't think that could have lasted any longer than a season. I think Dylan fell in love with the "good girls" and just wanted sex from the Val and Gina types (who wouldn't?) lol. 

Although to your next point with Andrea and Dylan, I liked their friendship too because she was the only girl on the show ( I guess besides Donna), that Dylan wasn't interested in romantically.. so he had a nice friendship with her. I liked Steve and Andrea better together as a pairing though.

I think the problem with Andrea was that they made her almost TOO nerdy. I'm used to her now, but I still think they mis-casted Aaaandrea. She was already a 29 year old playing a 15 year old, but they also styled her really badly too. Susan Keats is more along the lines of what I would have casted Andrea as.

Edited by Jaclyn88
  • Love 3

I've always believed that Susan Keats is what the writers wanted Andrea to be - pretty, spunky, could verbally spar/flirt with Brandon. Andrea was all of those things, but she didn't quite click romantically with Brandon (and/or, if you believe the theory that they were going to finally get together but GC's pregnancy nixed that plan) so they created Andrea 2.0: More Confident & More Conventionally Pretty (even though GC is definitely very pretty). 

• Love 6
On 4/2/2019 at 10:33 PM, atlanticslide said:

I've always believed that Susan Keats is what the writers wanted Andrea to be - pretty, spunky, could verbally spar/flirt with Brandon. Andrea was all of those things, but she didn't quite click romantically with Brandon (and/or, if you believe the theory that they were going to finally get together but GC's pregnancy nixed that plan) so they created Andrea 2.0: More Confident & More Conventionally Pretty (even though GC is definitely very pretty). 

YES. Frankly, I would have been fine with the writers keeping Brandon and Susan a couple. I felt they were well-matched.

• Love 6
54 minutes ago, Surrealist said:

YES. Frankly, I would have been fine with the writers keeping Brandon and Susan a couple. I felt they were well-matched.

me too! I liked them together and just didn't see the chemistry between Brandon and Kelly during their second time around. Brandon and Susan were a more realistic couple.

• Love 5
(edited)
On 12/21/2015 at 7:11 AM, SoupThrower said:

Can't unsee it now. 😞

But I still find her attractive. Well at that time. Kathleen not Tori.

Also UO but Season 7 is worse than Season 8. Season 7 irked me for some reason. Valerie was nowhere, Kelly was annoying, David and Donna thing was way too sappy, Clare and Steve irked together.

I guess Season 8 is really just watchable because of Valerie and David. Also found it kind of hypocritical about Kelly going on about Brandon cheating on her when she basically did stuff with Dylan when she dated him. 

On 12/21/2015 at 7:11 AM, SoupThrower said:

Can't unsee it now. 😞

But I still find her attractive. Well at that time. Kathleen not Tori.

Also UO but Season 7 is worse than Season 8. Season 7 irked me for some reason. Valerie was nowhere, Kelly was annoying, David and Donna thing was way too sappy, Clare and Steve irked together.

I guess Season 8 is really just watchable because of Valerie and David. Also found it kind of hypocritical about Kelly going on about Brandon cheating on her when she basically did stuff with Dylan when she dated him. 

Claire is ugly as hell...and valerie is annoying and a slut

Edited by Tamarapihl
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, Tamarapihl said:

Claire is ugly as hell...and valerie is annoying and a slut

Agree about Clare. She had a great body but for some reason I found her face hard to look at.

Valerie was def slutty but I liked her character overall. She started becoming way more whiny as the years went on though. She was awesome when she first started.

• Love 1

There were very few real male-female friendships on the show.  Andrea seemed to have the most- not sure because she had more life experience or because she was considered "sexless" so none of the men liked her?

My UO is how the heck was every man or woman not in love with Valerie.  That girl is gorgeous and light years ahead of Kelly or Donna. 

• Love 7
3 hours ago, CurlyATX said:

There were very few real male-female friendships on the show.  Andrea seemed to have the most- not sure because she had more life experience or because she was considered "sexless" so none of the men liked her?

My UO is how the heck was every man or woman not in love with Valerie.  That girl is gorgeous and light years ahead of Kelly or Donna. 

Probably why Jennie and Tori didn't like her - was the same in real life.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, scorpio1031 said:

And yet, when Val returned in the series finale for Donna’s wedding- you could tell it was Tiffani coming back to reunite with the cast, because Donna and Val weren’t besties.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

From what I gathered, Jennie and Tiffani were very close after Jennie stopped being a bitch about it.  Even Jennie's other show featured a character named Valeria in homage to TAT.  I'm not sure what happened, but my guess is that it had to do with taking sides during Jennie and her ex hubs' divorce (I think TAT was on the same show).

There is some clip from I think a drag show where Tori and Jennie are total bitches about TAT.

I'm embarrassed that I know this readily, but had to look up how to do quadradic equations when helping my son with algebra.

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, CurlyATX said:

I'm not sure what happened, but my guess is that it had to do with taking sides during Jennie and her ex hubs' divorce (I think TAT was on the same show).

Same thing with Tori - TAT was friends with her ex husband:/

2 minutes ago, CurlyATX said:

I'm embarrassed that I know this readily, but had to look up how to do quadradic equations when helping my son with algebra.

Oh please...….I can name all the kids on various sitcoms but can't remember the names of my friends' kids🤷‍♀️.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

I just saw an episode of Entertainment Tonight, and Kevin Frazier was bugging Tiffani about the reboot thing and whether she would appear.  She was very polite, saying that she couldn't because of her filming schedule for another show, but that she wished them well and thought it would be great.

• Love 3
On ‎6‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 10:14 PM, scorpio1031 said:

Same thing with Tori - TAT was friends with her ex husband:/

Oh please...….I can name all the kids on various sitcoms but can't remember the names of my friends' kids🤷‍♀️.  

Did both Tori and Jennie's (ex) husbands cheat on them? I know Dean did but there seems to be hints that Peter F did as well.

9 hours ago, CurlyATX said:

Did both Tori and Jennie's (ex) husbands cheat on them? I know Dean did but there seems to be hints that Peter F did as well.

Tori's ex was called a "nice guy."  He didn't cheat on her - she cheated on him.  Jennie's husband -  I honestly don't remember any gossip about either one of them cheating on each other.

1 hour ago, blondiec0332 said:

I couldn't stand Jim and Cindy. I found myself rolling my eyes at them constantly.

I liked 90210.  It wasn't as good as the original but I enjoyed it.  And I also enjoyed the Melrose Place reboot.

Agreed. They did get annoying, especially Cindy. I don't know if it was her character on the show or her acting inabilities, but it was rough lol.

• Love 2
(edited)

I think:

- The only time I feel like Brandon looked convincingly in love with anyone was Emily V during the college years.

- I think Gabrielle gets way too much flack for her age on a show featuring Luke "forehead" Perry and Ian "hair in a can" Ziering. I also think that Jason and Jennie basically look almost as old as they all do starting in S5. Ultimately I wouldn't' change a single actor from the OG cast.

- Think GC is a gorgeous woman, even though Andrea wasn't always. But about midway through S5 Andrea undergoes a major makeover and it makes no sense that the characters never comment on how radically changed her look is. In general I think it's weird that characters would look very different at times and mostly no comment from the gang.

- I think Tori actually manages to look quite pretty in the last couple seasons of the show. Right hair color, cut and make up did wonders for her. She also had a great looking body and could wear just about anything.

- I'm a big fan of D&B, but I can understand why Dylan screws Kelly. She was hot, he was a "teenager", and Brenda was getting on his nerves.

- I liked the Nat/Joan story and actually wish we saw them more.

- Steve Sanders was ultimately the best male character across the whole show, and IZ was the only actor from the later years who consistently showed up and tried to play a discernible character.

- Dylan should've only returned for a couple months in season 10, for a specific storyline arc designed to close of his story. He didn't fit in the gang anymore when he returned and he just felt aimless to me in the last two seasons.

- Jackie shouldn't have stayed clean for long. Perfect Mom Jackie was too entertaining to be shuffled off into sober land.

- As a kid the only characters I really card about where Brenda, Brandon and Dylan. As I got older my faves have become Andrea, Steve and Donna.

- I liked Kelly's short hair in S6. 

- They super missed the boat on pairing Steve and Andrea. I actually believe they would've been one of 90210's great couples. GC and IZ just sparkled together. And they ended up pairing Steve with a bunch of Andrea types anyway.

Edited by ButIAm
  • Love 7
On 7/25/2019 at 1:56 AM, ButIAm said:

They super missed the boat on pairing Steve and Andrea. I actually believe they would've been one of 90210's great couples. GC and IZ just sparkled together. And they ended up pairing Steve with a bunch of Andrea types anyway.

I would’ve preferred that than the Andrea and Jessie storyline. 

• Love 3

I find Cindy Walsh to be such an annoying character . Her “ hunnies” and “ sweeties” every second when her kids are being assholes along with her bad acting drives me nuts . 

On 7/25/2019 at 1:56 AM, ButIAm said:

I think:

- The only time I feel like Brandon looked convincingly in love with anyone was Emily V during the college years.

- I think Gabrielle gets way too much flack for her age on a show featuring Luke "forehead" Perry and Ian "hair in a can" Ziering. I also think that Jason and Jennie basically look almost as old as they all do starting in S5. Ultimately I wouldn't' change a single actor from the OG cast.

- Think GC is a gorgeous woman, even though Andrea wasn't always. But about midway through S5 Andrea undergoes a major makeover and it makes no sense that the characters never comment on how radically changed her look is. In general I think it's weird that characters would look very different at times and mostly no comment from the gang.

- I think Tori actually manages to look quite pretty in the last couple seasons of the show. Right hair color, cut and make up did wonders for her. She also had a great looking body and could wear just about anything.

- I'm a big fan of D&B, but I can understand why Dylan screws Kelly. She was hot, he was a "teenager", and Brenda was getting on his nerves.

- I liked the Nat/Joan story and actually wish we saw them more.

- Steve Sanders was ultimately the best male character across the whole show, and IZ was the only actor from the later years who consistently showed up and tried to play a discernible character.

- Dylan should've only returned for a couple months in season 10, for a specific storyline arc designed to close of his story. He didn't fit in the gang anymore when he returned and he just felt aimless to me in the last two seasons.

- Jackie shouldn't have stayed clean for long. Perfect Mom Jackie was too entertaining to be shuffled off into sober land.

- As a kid the only characters I really card about where Brenda, Brandon and Dylan. As I got older my faves have become Andrea, Steve and Donna.

- I liked Kelly's short hair in S6. 

- They super missed the boat on pairing Steve and Andrea. I actually believe they would've been one of 90210's great couples. GC and IZ just sparkled together. And they ended up pairing Steve with a bunch of Andrea types anyway.

I agree Brandon seemed in love when he met up with Emily in college .. but I also think he was in love with Susan . I never saw it with him and Kelly except for the very beginning stages . They died off quickly for me. 

Age wise , none of them looked their age except David and possibly Donna . Dylan and Andrea were ridiculously casted as high school students but it was more obvious with Andrea because it wasn’t just her looks that made her seem much older , it was also the way she spoke and acted . Dylan’s personality didn’t fit a high school kid by any means but Andreas was just way off . 

Donna was never a gorgeous girl in my opinion , but I think a lot of us Agree that she looked her best with the red hair in the last couple of seasons . She looked her worst in season 7? With the cliff storyline and the super short and badly colored haircut . 

I didn’t mind Jackie staying sober but what I thought was stupid was Mel cheating again in season 9. They weren’t main characters but you kinda wanted to see Jackie in a good relationship and have Mel grow from his sleazy behavior though I guess this way was more realistic . But it just seemed like a story line that was added in just because there was not much else going on . 

I thought Kelly looked gorgeous in early season 6 . That haircut and overall look worked for her but then it kinda got out of control and it needed to be long again . 

I think had GC stayed on the show , they might’ve eventually done a Steve Andrea pairing though I think it would have been short lived . 

• Love 2

Thank you! I haven’t run into many fans who saw a spark between Bran and Kel in season 4 but noticed it died out REAL quick.

Meh. The cast is mixed age enough to me that everybody has at least one or two others they look natural next to. That’s what makes the casting work for me.

Also to be fair I don’t blame casting here. I think they all look very young in the pilot. I can see why each one was cast for TV high school based on how they looked when it was shot. LP I think is the only one that didn’t ever pull it off. But he doesn’t get as much flack because he was hot and a man.

IA the short cut looked cuter on her in early s6.

I think Donna looked horrid in season 5. That near platinum blond Drew Barrymore thing was a baaaad choice.

I wanted Mel and Jackie to go the distance. The writers picked a crap time to suddenly get realistic.

I can see Steve and Andrea getting paired  post college and ending the show together.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, ButIAm said:

LP I think is the only one that didn’t ever pull it off. But he doesn’t get as much flack because he was hot and a man.

And I would disagree on that. But potato and potahto. Luke was believable as a high school junior/senior to me. Gabrielle would have been if not for the way Oooohndrea talked. Which was like someone 10 years older.

Brian Austin Green I think was the only one who was the age he was supposed to be. Shannen and Tori, I think were three years older than their characters? Anyhoo, I bought Brandon and Brenda as teens; even Brenda as a college freshman. By the time season four ended, Jason stopped looking and acting like an 18-19 year old. Same with Luke.

• Love 5
On 4/1/2019 at 9:39 AM, Jaclyn88 said:

I'm used to her now, but I still think they mis-casted Aaaandrea. She was already a 29 year old playing a 15 year old, but they also styled her really badly too. Susan Keats is more along the lines of what I would have casted Andrea as.

Supposedly they considered Robyn Lively, who was dating Jason Priestly at the time. I kind of wonder what the character would have been like played by Teen Witch.

• Useful 1
On 7/31/2019 at 8:08 AM, GHScorpiosRule said:

Brian Austin Green I think was the only one who was the age he was supposed to be. Shannen and Tori, I think were three years older than their characters? Anyhoo, I bought Brandon and Brenda as teens; even Brenda as a college freshman. By the time season four ended, Jason stopped looking and acting like an 18-19 year old. Same with Luke.

I looked it up (because I clearly have too much time on my hands.) Tori and Brian were both born in ‘73. So they were about 17 when the show started airing. Jennie was born in ‘72 and Shannen was ‘71. Jason was born in ‘69, Luke in ‘66, Ian in ‘64 and Gabrielle in ‘61. 

Brian looked younger than his real age to me in the beginning. He definitely looked like a freshman. 

I still don’t know why Tori insists on wearing the platinum blonde hair these days. She looked so good as a redhead. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
24 minutes ago, desertflower said:

Tori and Brian were both born in ‘73

24 minutes ago, desertflower said:

Brian looked younger than his real age to me in the beginning. He definitely looked like a freshman.

WOW! I didn't realize that! Brian really did look four years younger than his actual age! I just remember how adorable he was on Knots Landing.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, desertflower said:

I still don’t know why Tori insists on wearing the platinum blonde hair these days. She looked so good as a redhead. 

She did, but in her book StoriTelling, she dismisses the auburn hair as a look that her agent kept pushing on her to look like the "girl next door", like that was a bad thing.

23 hours ago, desertflower said:

I looked it up (because I clearly have too much time on my hands.) Tori and Brian were both born in ‘73. So they were about 17 when the show started airing. Jennie was born in ‘72 and Shannen was ‘71. Jason was born in ‘69, Luke in ‘66, Ian in ‘64 and Gabrielle in ‘61. 

I did not know Ian was older than Luke. Fair skinned blue eyed blondes can often look older than their years (they don’t have the natural spf) but Ian looks DAMN GOOD now AND he looked young back then. I think his face shape and keeping his body nice has helped. Brian peaked in looks about 10yrs who and now his skin looks leathery. Jennie looks pretty, like herself with just a few tweaks, Gabrielle looks the best out of the women IMO. 

• Love 1
17 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I did not know Ian was older than Luke. Fair skinned blue eyed blondes can often look older than their years (they don’t have the natural spf) but Ian looks DAMN GOOD now AND he looked young back then. I think his face shape and keeping his body nice has helped. Brian peaked in looks about 10yrs who and now his skin looks leathery. Jennie looks pretty, like herself with just a few tweaks, Gabrielle looks the best out of the women IMO. 

I think for most women in the industry, it's really hard to look young and have zero body fat.  Jennie has had some work done which is too bad, since she was one of the best looking of the bunch.   I wonder if the blonde for Tori is a Hollywood push- which is too bad. I find the less "bottle blonde" to be more attractive.  However, motherhood isn't always kind and Tori has been aged by all those births.  She needs to choose her haircolor very carefully (nothing too extreme)

• Love 2
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I have never found Jennie to be one of the best looking among the bunch-it was her mouth-all pouty with the appearance of an overbite.

It’s not helped by the annoying baby-voice speak.

Yes, I’m mean. 

I thought she was very pretty during certain seasons , and eh during others . Agree that her mouth was not her most flattering feature . I definitely don’t think her looks warranted every guy that ever looked her way to fall in love .. especially because her personality was terrible . 

• Love 3

I never saw Dylan and Brandon as best friends even though the show made it out that way . The first couple of seasons they interacted from time to time , but it was mostly because Dylan was dating Brenda . Then from time to time after that , they spoke but never seemed too close .. and then the Brandon Kelly Dylan triangle started up and Kelly seemed to be their connection during / after that . I always felt like Steve was Brandon’s best friend and Dylan was just kind of there once in a while . 

How about when he found out about Brandon and Kelly and he was like this is great .. my best friend and my best girl are together . As if Dylan wasn’t Brenda’s guy and Kelly wasn’t Brenda’s best friend . 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

Karma did kind of come knocking for Dylan and Kelly (Didn't Brandon cheat on Kelly?), but they still continued to treat other people they dated like crap, and cheat, so they never learned their lesson.

I thought Brenda, David, and Kelly were the most realistic as teenagers.  It wasn't just their looks, or the way they talked and acted.  The three of them seemed interested in actual teenage stuff.

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 3

Watching the new series, I had a question that it seemed best to address here; was there really any longstanding fan theories about Andrea being gay? I don't remember that in the fandom of the time at all.

6 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

No.

I didn't understand that either. On some forum I saw mention of people thinking Andrea was bi or gay. 

I thought, the characters were a year ahead of me in high school, but I don't recall anyone thinking any of the characters were bi or gay. 

Maybe other viewers did, but I don't remember that being gossip. 

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Surrealist said:

I didn't understand that either. On some forum I saw mention of people thinking Andrea was bi or gay. 

I thought, the characters were a year ahead of me in high school, but I don't recall anyone thinking any of the characters were bi or gay. 

Maybe other viewers did, but I don't remember that being gossip. 

I watched in real time during the original airing for the first five seasons and there was NEVER a hint that Ooohndraya was lesbian or bi. She was in love with Brandon from day one, mooning over him and being all possessive over him, when he wasn’t her boyfriend. Then she was interested in other guys and dated them through senior year in high school. Had a moment with Steve. Then lost her virginity to asshole Dan before getting involved with boring and dull as fuck Jesse.

So no. Nary a hint. I think some are confusing “Gabrielle” with Ooohndraya on the new show.

• Love 4
27 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I watched in real time during the original airing for the first five seasons and there was NEVER a hint that Ooohndraya was lesbian or bi. She was in love with Brandon from day one, mooning over him and being all possessive over him, when he wasn’t her boyfriend. Then she was interested in other guys and dated them through senior year in high school. Had a moment with Steve. Then lost her virginity to asshole Dan before getting involved with boring and dull as fuck Jesse.

So no. Nary a hint. I think some are confusing “Gabrielle” with Ooohndraya on the new show.

Isn’t the show heightened versions of their own lives ? Are they insinuating that she’s bisexual in real life Since the other characters stories on the show so far have been similar to what is going on in their actual lives ? 

46 minutes ago, Jaclyn88 said:

Isn’t the show heightened versions of their own lives ? Are they insinuating that she’s bisexual in real life Since the other characters stories on the show so far have been similar to what is going on in their actual lives ? 

No. That is, I think they’re playing fictionalized versions of themselves. Jason didn’t cheat on his real life wife; Brian is married to Megan Fox-or involved with her. Jennie has three daughters, but in the show, so far, she only has one and is divorced.

They’re talking about Ooohndraya exploring her sexuality on the “reboot” within the show. I don’t know anything about Gabrielle’s real life.🤷‍♀️

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

No. That is, I think they’re playing fictionalized versions of themselves. Jason didn’t cheat on his real life wife; Brian is married to Megan Fox-or involved with her. Jennie has three daughters, but in the show, so far, she only has one and is divorced.

They’re talking about Ooohndraya exploring her sexuality on the “reboot” within the show. I don’t know anything about Gabrielle’s real life.🤷‍♀️

I don’t like the new show . It’s hard to follow and am not sure what they’re aiming for . It’s fun seeing them all back together but the premise is pretty bad in my opinion . 

It's really only confusing when you try too hard to figure out what is real and what is not.

This show is just as scripted as the original show. It's not a reality show. 

As for Andrea, no the show never hinted she was bi or gay. But some people did project that on to her. People read into all sorts of things. Like the not-that-small amount of Supernatural fans who think the brothers are hot for each other.

Gabby has been with the same man since 1990, before the show even premiered. 

Edited by ButIAm
  • Love 1
On 8/15/2019 at 11:29 AM, screamin said:

Watching the new series, I had a question that it seemed best to address here; was there really any longstanding fan theories about Andrea being gay? I don't remember that in the fandom of the time at all.

I mean, there was pornographic gay/bisexual fanfiction but that focused on almost every other character aside from Andrea. LOL.

I did remember that there were rumors that Brian Austin Green is bisexual.

I'm going to just pretend that Gabby's lesbian friends from her Sarah Lawrence days told her that Andrea was a coded lesbian during a boozy brunch reunion and Gabby decided to roll with it to give herself a cool storyline.

But some people did project that on to her. People read into all sorts of things. Like the not-that-small amount of Supernatural fans who think the brothers are hot for each other. 

I remember when The OC (which in my opinion is the REAL Gen Y equivalent of 90210 as opposed to the CW reboot) people initially read Seth and Ryan as being gay for each other. That was kind of funny. Someone even said something along the lines, "When I was a teenaged Jewish boy like Seth, I used to have a fantasy of a blond boy coming to live with me and my family. This show is like a dream come true!"

Edited by methodwriter85
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

I'm going to just pretend that Gabby's lesbian friends from her Sarah Lawrence days told her that Andrea was a coded lesbian during a boozy brunch reunion and Gabby decided to roll with it to give herself a cool storyline.

BWAHAHA!!!!

I remember when The OC (which in my opinion is the REAL Gen Y equivalent of 90210 as opposed to the CW reboot)

Never got into the OC. It premiered the year I graduated from college (not that I'm not capable of enjoying teen shows as an adult; I got into Degrassi TNG in my 20s and Skins in my 30s, long after it was off air).

It's just funny that those of us in that weird old Gen Y/young Gen X group, now called Xennials, don't really have an angstly teen franchise with characters that fit right in our age group. 90210ers were like big brothers/sisters, Dawson's Creek's kids were a little younger than many of us, and My So Called Life got cancelled after one season. Oh well, I guess there's always Boy Meets World LOL. 

• Love 1
On 9/7/2019 at 9:29 AM, KittenPokerCheater said:

I like Kelly/Dylan.  I’m glad they were the Endgame.

But there were years in between where Kelly drove me bonkers, but on the whole, especially the high school years, I was a huge Kelly fan.

just curious what you liked about them.

33 minutes ago, Hiyo said:

I like Kelly/Dylan.

Pull up a seat next to me at our lonely table for two lol

Make room for me.  I liked them better because it was less drama than Dylan/Brenda. At least in the beginning.  It's been awhile since I watched the third season (I just finished season two) but didn't Dylan say something like with Kelly he didn't have to deal with Jim Walsh?

• Love 4